3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Well, I'm one of those who think that the intermediate version, 1.1, looks better after what I've already commented on before. The long fox nose, the stomach, the ears on the side. It preserves much better the character we've already played with... It's like taking Mario and removing his moustache, XD, same thing.

And of course, the last design he did of the front face, with the hair and less cat features, I loved it.

There's also a comment and it's true that I miss... the smooth gradient from blue to white... I don't know, it was visually appealing.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I have no idea what you're talking about, nor what you're complaining about as we have retained the exact same artist since the very inception of the project, but farewell.
He's not saying that an artist left, but he's saying that an artist decided to change up the art and that he himself is leaving.

Reactions: vjc21

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
He's not saying that an artist left, but he's saying that an artist decided to change up the art and that he himself is leaving.
Well we can't please everyone. We made the changes because of a bunch of complaints about the old model. And we went through a few iterations to get to this one. This is probably the most versatile model we have, and we can do a lot of customization with it in the future. If he doesn't like that, then I'm afraid we can't do anything about that.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Well, you can always read opinions like the ones we're giving here.

Earlier I said that if you give a survey with A or B. then I will have to choose A or B. But there may be things from A that are better from B and vice versa.

Reactions: vjc21

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Bruh

I hadn't checked on this in like 8 months I was expecting it to have gotten some substantial updates
lol... yeah I could feel that to be honest. They've kept the news up really well. Top post should get altered to show the new art etc, but they'll probably change/update the first post after the tech demo which is coming out soon. If I recall the deadline for when they want to deliver is in either May or June?

Reactions: Stripes001

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Bruh

I hadn't checked on this in like 8 months I was expecting it to have gotten some substantial updates
Honestly, you took the perfect timinig to miss some awkward discussion. And the fact that you come back when they finally have a demo for the new version (in the next 2 month is targeted) may have saved you from being part of this... discussion. But feel free to fresh up, i would say from the top of my head you can go at least 50 pages back and find everything here, from nice rants, meltdowns, good points, bad points etc

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
Uhm, wasn't there meant to be a demo in december?
Their original goal was actually September/October, but that was always a soft goal, not a hard set date. They've had a lot of setbacks, both in terms of development and for personal reasons. Dying hard drives and computers caused the initial delays, after which a lot of it become problems in their personal lives that slowed down work. One of them had a death in the family which put their work specifically on hiatus for a couple of weeks. Another had a series of misfortunes that cost him time to work. They're doing their best to catch up and part of that is hiring on more animators to assist Archie since he has or at least had multiple commitments. Their new, hard set goal, is sometime around May 22nd for the demo and via their Discord server progress is definitely moving a lot faster than it was before.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Well, you see. We have a problem here. Old team has abandoned the project (as i understand) and now we have a new team with a couple of old devs. Game is being reworked from 0 now
Well, it is the old team, really. Only Abelius is gone. Kuja and I remain, with a ton new amazing teammembers.

Lol well thanks for letting me know. Have they mentioned anywhere how the new version will differ?
Far better quality on the art and animations, better gameplay (That was one of the biggest issues with the old version of LoK:R, the gameplay was tedious and boring), and better back end stuff.

F_Walk_BattleBikini (2).gif

Jul 31, 2018
Well, it is the old team, really. Only Abelius is gone. Kuja and I remain, with a ton new amazing teammembers.

Far better quality on the art and animations, better gameplay (That was one of the biggest issues with the old version of LoK:R, the gameplay was tedious and boring), and better back end stuff.

Google Drive

View attachment 618745
Excellent! Looks really great. But while I have your attention can I ask, is the slave route still a planned feature in this new version? One of the things that really interested me in the old version was the idea that there would be two very different routes to take through the game. I understand that that is a hell of a lot of work though and might have been scrapped, so just curious what the current plan regarding that is.

Pebbles44

Jun 29, 2017
Usually just a lurker of this forum, but for the historic project of LoK my silence is nothing. Let me just say thanks for the work you're putting in this project, as it seems to become more gorgeous as time passes.
Still, i read the last two pages of discussion and, from what I gathered, the v0.8 version wil be completely scrapped in favour of a completely new game. While I don't have the patience of reading 50+ pages as someone else here suggested, is this a hard reset, starting from literally zero again, or some of the work can still be recovered?

I truly looked forward to the future of this game and, while I can't contribute for now so all I can do is wait, I'd wish the wait was shorter for a finished game: starting anew postpones that moment by a lot...

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes