3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
is this a hard reset, starting from literally zero again, or some of the work can still be recovered?
I don't know if they have reused anything at all from the old game, but from what I can tell just about everything has been made from the ground up again. Well, with the exception of character concepts and such.

loll1

Jun 30, 2017
I know it's been nearly a year and I can't wait for it but guys, take all the time you need.

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017
Usually just a lurker of this forum, but for the historic project of LoK my silence is nothing. Let me just say thanks for the work you're putting in this project, as it seems to become more gorgeous as time passes.
Still, i read the last two pages of discussion and, from what I gathered, the v0.8 version wil be completely scrapped in favour of a completely new game. While I don't have the patience of reading 50+ pages as someone else here suggested, is this a hard reset, starting from literally zero again, or some of the work can still be recovered?

I truly looked forward to the future of this game and, while I can't contribute for now so all I can do is wait, I'd wish the wait was shorter for a finished game: starting anew postpones that moment by a lot...
Everything art wise is being redone, including programming. They ran into a brick wall in 0.8, the game was starting to get choppy due to the patchwork nature of the programming beforehand. So they had to basically go "okay it needs to be completely re-coded, so what do we do now."

The team decided that since they managed to get an actual programmer on board that they'd do an actual full-on game this time. Not just a side scroller, it was sort of a democratic internal vote among the team from what I know. I chat with Vlad, Kuja, Gizmo from time to time so I have like... segments of the story haha. The majority of the team wanted to make an actual game so they are going that route.

They decided on a KOTOR a-like with an axonometric dimetric or... maybe more of a trimetric viewpoint. It can replicate a side scroller but also more open-world places with 8 angles of motion. Inventory, combat, more traditional quests. From as I know it the old characters still all appear and will be a thing.

Slave route was sort of scaled back in 0.8 so I don't know what it will be like in Re-Rebirth. Originally the idea of it being a whole different story had to be reduced as that is... sort of out of hand for just one route. But I have heard of short "dark endings" from Vlad, and slavery was one of those. So it might not be an entire game but more of a branching story.

Drakehunt

Mar 27, 2019
Well, it is the old team, really. Only Abelius is gone. Kuja and I remain, with a ton new amazing teammembers.

Far better quality on the art and animations, better gameplay (That was one of the biggest issues with the old version of LoK:R, the gameplay was tedious and boring), and better back end stuff.

Google Drive

View attachment 618745
So is it still going be like a 2d side scroller thing or is it 3d now?

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Excellent! Looks really great. But while I have your attention can I ask, is the slave route still a planned feature in this new version? One of the things that really interested me in the old version was the idea that there would be two very different routes to take through the game. I understand that that is a hell of a lot of work though and might have been scrapped, so just curious what the current plan regarding that is.
Slave path was most likely never going to be a thing. Remaking the entire game from the beginning to a completely different outcome is far too much work. I will say however, that I plan for a very sizeable slave sidequest, which will have a bad end should you go along with it long enough, and it'll hopefully tickle all your slave-fetishes.

Usually just a lurker of this forum, but for the historic project of LoK my silence is nothing. Let me just say thanks for the work you're putting in this project, as it seems to become more gorgeous as time passes.
Still, i read the last two pages of discussion and, from what I gathered, the v0.8 version wil be completely scrapped in favour of a completely new game. While I don't have the patience of reading 50+ pages as someone else here suggested, is this a hard reset, starting from literally zero again, or some of the work can still be recovered?

I truly looked forward to the future of this game and, while I can't contribute for now so all I can do is wait, I'd wish the wait was shorter for a finished game: starting anew postpones that moment by a lot...
Thank you for the support, and to answer your question: We originally had planned on just redoing v0.8's programming and continuing from there, with the same art. But with the bigger team we decided we could do a lot more, and make a much better game. So we took the ambitious approach and decided to redo 90% of everything. The only things staying the same, is the overall setting, and most of the characters (Only two characters are getting personality reworks: Cenvir and the Chieftain).

I don't know if they have reused anything at all from the old game, but from what I can tell just about everything has been made from the ground up again. Well, with the exception of character concepts and such.
Yes.

I know it's been nearly a year and I can't wait for it but guys, take all the time you need.
Thank you, it means a lot, but we also want to deliver you guys something fun soon :)

So is it still going be like a 2d side scroller thing or is it 3d now?
It's uhhh...

Hmm...

I'd say it's an isometric 2.5d platformer RPG?

EZorit (2).gif

This is all 2D, and we intend for her to be able to move in those directions, so we can add more 'space' to the world, and we also intend for some solid platforming.

imilluc

Jan 30, 2019
About the new remade version, will there be paths different enough that actually lock you out of seeing some scenes, akin to the original flash game? Or will we able to eventually see everything like with the now abandoned rebirth?
Also, on the topic of the abandoned project, one thing I always looked forward to, but sadly wasn't finished was the spaceship being crowded. Will the new version allow you to get hit on or harassed by random people in it? I guess having a crowded tavern how would pretty much be the same, but still.. The razorclaw tavern has lizards fucking on the tables, the spacerig has a toilet which you can, in theory work something out in private.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
About the new remade version, will there be paths different enough that actually lock you out of seeing some scenes, akin to the original flash game? Or will we able to eventually see everything like with the now abandoned rebirth?
Also, on the topic of the abandoned project, one thing I always looked forward to, but sadly wasn't finished was the spaceship being crowded. Will the new version allow you to get hit on or harassed by random people in it? I guess having a crowded tavern how would pretty much be the same, but still.. The razorclaw tavern has lizards fucking on the tables, the spacerig has a toilet which you can, in theory work something out in private.
1) Yes, but we intend to have a gallery once you finish the game.

2) We plan to have plenty to explore on the ship in the beginning, but there won't be many sex scenes on the ship. (We're going for immersive, and K is a normal fighter pilot. Things won't get weird until you're on the planet)

Reactions: imilluc

Drakehunt

Mar 27, 2019
1) Yes, but we intend to have a gallery once you finish the game.

2) We plan to have plenty to explore on the ship in the beginning, but there won't be many sex scenes on the ship. (We're going for immersive, and K is a normal fighter pilot. Things won't get weird until you're on the planet)
Are there going be bad ends/whatever that slavery thing was in the previous version of the game?

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
Are there going be bad ends/whatever that slavery thing was in the previous version of the game?
Just a plebian here, but from what I know there will be bad endings should you loose most/some (battle?) encounters. I don't know if there will be any automatic bad ends, But hopefully this will tide you over until a dev can give a more clear answer.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Yes.

Just a plebian here, but from what I know there will be bad endings should you loose most/some (battle?) encounters. I don't know if there will be any automatic bad ends, But hopefully this will tide you over until a dev can give a more clear answer.
Game overs when you lose. Basically we plan for 3 toggles. SFW (No sexual content), NSFW (Only consensual and mainstream sexual content), and Extreme (Nonconsensual, Creatures, Tentacles, etc.)

When you lose a battle in the extreme toggle, you get a game over, but you'll get 1 or 2 sex scenes before you have to reload (or you can skip them if you've been dying a lot to a particularly tough enemy). As far as bad ends go, we have a few planned.

Also, unrelated, but check out this snek (WiP)
View attachment 2020-04-17_19-41-01.mp4

Drakehunt

Mar 27, 2019
So its more like say the older Krystal games with a fight system side scroller thing, oppose to the more RPG nature like this one was. Thats a nice change

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
Slave path was most likely never going to be a thing. Remaking the entire game from the beginning to a completely different outcome is far too much work. I will say however, that I plan for a very sizeable slave sidequest, which will have a bad end should you go along with it long enough, and it'll hopefully tickle all your slave-fetishes.

Thank you for the support, and to answer your question: We originally had planned on just redoing v0.8's programming and continuing from there, with the same art. But with the bigger team we decided we could do a lot more, and make a much better game. So we took the ambitious approach and decided to redo 90% of everything. The only things staying the same, is the overall setting, and most of the characters (Only two characters are getting personality reworks: Cenvir and the Chieftain).

Yes.

Thank you, it means a lot, but we also want to deliver you guys something fun soon :)

It's uhhh...

Hmm...

I'd say it's an isometric 2.5d platformer RPG?

View attachment 619532

This is all 2D, and we intend for her to be able to move in those directions, so we can add more 'space' to the world, and we also intend for some solid platforming.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you're doing a good bit of the writing on this project, no? If that's the case could you elaborate a bit on how Cenvir changes? I liked how cutely the character was written in the previous builds though I can definitely see room for improvement.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
So its more like say the older Krystal games with a fight system side scroller thing, oppose to the more RPG nature like this one was. Thats a nice change
Fighting in this game will be in an RPG nature. It's more of a combination of a lot of stuff, and we're taking a lot of influence from KOTOR.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're doing a good bit of the writing on this project, no? If that's the case could you elaborate a bit on how Cenvir changes? I liked how cutely the character was written in the previous builds though I can definitely see room for improvement.
I originally wrote 90% of the characters of LoK:R, and Cenvir was originally supposed to be a piece of shit. He's the only one not working in a society that prides itself on warriors and utilitarianism. He does so by exploiting his mate's love for him, and because she does so much work for the tribe, the Chieftain overlooks Cenvir's laziness and excuses.

Potguy and Leki were going to be the cute ones.

Ok that kinda reminds me something I saw some days ago:

View attachment 624106

So... any snake girl here too?
Yes, we plan for snek girls. Cute ones.

Hiho is best snek
Agreed.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes