3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

TheBatchCode

Oct 23, 2017
I wonder how much content we will get?, this reboot seems pretty ambitious and honestly might be one of my last hopes for H-games (I'd say the golden age was 2 years ago) considering how it turns out I'll gladly support it, shame its not continuing the old game cause I loved where it was going, but if you can capture the same feel them I'm on board.

Reactions: dragonsix6969

Joyvankek

Dec 9, 2019
Well, it is the old team, really. Only Abelius is gone. Kuja and I remain, with a ton new amazing teammembers.

Far better quality on the art and animations, better gameplay (That was one of the biggest issues with the old version of LoK:R, the gameplay was tedious and boring), and better back end stuff.

Google Drive

View attachment 618745
Now that I sit in this quarantine with not much else to do it makes waiting for project like this. That much harder. So far this 2D animations are looking really well done. All that's left is to wait and see if the RPG side of things as the gameplay in general will be of similar quality.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I wonder how much content we will get?, this reboot seems pretty ambitious and honestly might be one of my last hopes for H-games (I'd say the golden age was 2 years ago) considering how it turns out I'll gladly support it, shame its not continuing the old game cause I loved where it was going, but if you can capture the same feel them I'm on board.
We're looking to make a lot of content. Enough to make the world feel full and alive, at the very least. Also, I'm not sure what you mean by continuing the old game. Which old game?

Now that I sit in this quarantine with not much else to do it makes waiting for project like this. That much harder. So far this 2D animations are looking really well done. All that's left is to wait and see if the RPG side of things as the gameplay in general will be of similar quality.
Well, I'm afraid you'll have to remain patient. Games take a while to make. But we're doing it as fast and as best we can.

Aug 6, 2019
Everything art wise is being redone, including programming. They ran into a brick wall in 0.8, the game was starting to get choppy due to the patchwork nature of the programming beforehand. So they had to basically go "okay it needs to be completely re-coded, so what do we do now."

The team decided that since they managed to get an actual programmer on board that they'd do an actual full-on game this time. Not just a side scroller, it was sort of a democratic internal vote among the team from what I know. I chat with Vlad, Kuja, Gizmo from time to time so I have like... segments of the story haha. The majority of the team wanted to make an actual game so they are going that route.

They decided on a KOTOR a-like with an axonometric dimetric or... maybe more of a trimetric viewpoint. It can replicate a side scroller but also more open-world places with 8 angles of motion. Inventory, combat, more traditional quests. From as I know it the old characters still all appear and will be a thing.

Slave route was sort of scaled back in 0.8 so I don't know what it will be like in Re-Rebirth. Originally the idea of it being a whole different story had to be reduced as that is... sort of out of hand for just one route. But I have heard of short "dark endings" from Vlad, and slavery was one of those. So it might not be an entire game but more of a branching story.
This happens a lot with these types of games in particular, probably due to the nature of the program and the small teams working on it. What worries me is that this pretty much always spells death for the project, I've seen it quite a few times, where the devs get to a point where it's like "alright, fuck, the spaghetti code is catching up, I'm twice as good at coding as I used to be, and I can't work with this anymore". The new concept sounds great, definitely an upgrade to what was there before, but it's easy to get burnt out when you're starting all over again, usually a few versions past the re-release. I guess the point I'm trying to make is "good luck guys".

Tank1

Sep 25, 2017
Question(s), when you do get a demo up and running, are you anticipating monthly releases? Or perhaps quarterly? Or no idea yet? Secondly, (this may be too early to ask) but any idea what sorta file size we are looking at yet? (meaning do you think the game will be 2gb, 10gb or 50gb)? Thanks in advance!

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
This happens a lot with these types of games in particular, probably due to the nature of the program and the small teams working on it. What worries me is that this pretty much always spells death for the project, I've seen it quite a few times, where the devs get to a point where it's like "alright, fuck, the spaghetti code is catching up, I'm twice as good at coding as I used to be, and I can't work with this anymore". The new concept sounds great, definitely an upgrade to what was there before, but it's easy to get burnt out when you're starting all over again, usually a few versions past the re-release. I guess the point I'm trying to make is "good luck guys".
It isn't being built upon spaghetti code. We have a brand new programmer on the restart who has AAA experience. Only two of us are restarting the project over, Kuja the artist, and I. Everyone else is fresh and doing a fantastic job.

Question(s), when you do get a demo up and running, are you anticipating monthly releases? Or perhaps quarterly? Or no idea yet? Secondly, (this may be too early to ask) but any idea what sorta file size we are looking at yet? (meaning do you think the game will be 2gb, 10gb or 50gb)? Thanks in advance!
No. We made the mistake of promising monthly releases prior. It's not possible to make decent content in a month's time. We would strive for quarterly, but we promise nothing. We only release when we have things worth releasing.

So far with just our current work-in-progress effort on a tech demo, it's 1.57gb. Expect that to increase substantially as we add more assets. I'd wager anywhere between 10gb to 30gb, but it's hard to know for sure.

D

Deleted member 1670392

"10 to 30 gb"
I hope you'll invest a little time in compression. That's a very hefty size, and not everyone has TB to spare.

Reactions: Anita Deek

Valaska

[PFF: Avarice Dev]
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2017

Fair concerns, but they actually did hire on a whole new programmer though so it's not a "Hey I am ready now to go balls deep!" it's more "we hired a guy who can go balls deep and tag bottom like a wire liner taking impression blocks down hole!" So they're setting up better than those teams where the programmer arbitrarily decides they are good enough now.

It also means that they have a main programmer, and an off hand programmer on the side.

Reactions: oblivion9900

Missmiles

Aug 12, 2018
Hm...I've been playing this from around 0.5, up to .8, so for what it's worth...

I don't know. I liked it when the game had no combat mechanics. It gives me context for the story, how Krystal is an extra mouth to feed without a conveniently replenishable food source. And they don't trust her enough to let her hunt, only sending her places where she won't encounter a potential food source.

But I'm glad you're still working on this. I just wish I'd offered to write some story for you earlier.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Hm...I've been playing this from around 0.5, up to .8, so for what it's worth...

I don't know. I liked it when the game had no combat mechanics. It gives me context for the story, how Krystal is an extra mouth to feed without a conveniently replenishable food source. And they don't trust her enough to let her hunt, only sending her places where she won't encounter a potential food source.

But I'm glad you're still working on this. I just wish I'd offered to write some story for you earlier.
Combat was always planned. Much like the older versions, we intend to introduce combat at a slow pace. Krystal is a pilot, a good pilot, but a pilot none the less. Any hand to hand/survival training she has had will be worthless against gigantic Razorclaw men that she has met. Therefore she is going to have to get training and learn how to fight the old fashioned way, with spears and clubs.

Reactions: Mechonyo

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
Fighting in this game will be in an RPG nature. It's more of a combination of a lot of stuff, and we're taking a lot of influence from KOTOR.

I originally wrote 90% of the characters of LoK:R, and Cenvir was originally supposed to be a piece of shit. He's the only one not working in a society that prides itself on warriors and utilitarianism. He does so by exploiting his mate's love for him, and because she does so much work for the tribe, the Chieftain overlooks Cenvir's laziness and excuses.

Potguy and Leki were going to be the cute ones.

Yes, we plan for snek girls. Cute ones.

Agreed.
To me Cenvir being such an obvious lazy pervert asshole was what made him cute, though perhaps not the best word for it :p, not sure what the right description would be.

Kunt

May 6, 2018
May I know what games would you consider to be the best of said golden age?

Also, I really liked how you could move the the snek model, but when it slither and the entire torso also moved, it looked kinda freaky o_O

nocere

Dec 23, 2018
just asking when will you start progress on the slave route or the captured route (if its even still in the game)

DarkKnight69

Feb 7, 2018
Is the new version going to be keyboard and mouse now? and im assuming yes because alot of ppl wanted it but will just mouse play be an option as well?

Reactions: Mechonyo
Feb 2, 2018
So here's an update for everyone, Kuja and the animation team have been hard at work on quite a few characters in the game and one that has made significant progress in a short amount of time is the male Sultari(Snake). Here are previews of him, unclothed, fully animated.
Dunno if you're part of the dev team or something, but I couldn't help but notice that there's a bit of glitchiness right above the base of the tail when the lunge retracts, as if individual segments are clipping with each other.
1587604033487.png

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes