3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

SicilyAB

Feb 16, 2019
Hopefully the new version will be just as good, but so far I'm skeptical. Especially with such a long period of nothing playable.
Scrapping it and starting from scratch and then with the whole coronavirus thing.
Does anyone know how long the new team decided to scrap the entire project and start fresh? I got the impression they would continue on with version 0.8 as the baseline when we got the news of a new team.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Scrapping it and starting from scratch and then with the whole coronavirus thing.
Does anyone know how long the new team decided to scrap the entire project and start fresh? I got the impression they would continue on with version 0.8 as the baseline when we got the news of a new team.
From what I remember the decision to redo it all was made before the Corona virus outbreak. The reason was that they could improve the code with a new programmer and they saw that as an opportunity to just start over with just about everything else as well.

May 29, 2018
The animations are TEST animations, work in progress, no polishing yet, and you guys are complaining while this is far from the finished product, fucking hating almost everything posted here. I'm done with this thread, just negativity, and more negativity, and again negativity.
The test animations will be in testing until 2022

Also, everytime I come to this page I see paragraphs and essays from the devs defending themselves but almost never any updates. :cautious:

Want to get people off your back? Finish the damn demo

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
The people behind this game are obviously shills, this game is 3 years in the making and they scraped it to try and milk that Patreon money for as long as possible. Independent developers have made better on a shoestring budget and a year's time and I'm getting a less toxic Yandere Dev feel tbh. Updates are few and far between and the artstyle is still nice but a farcry to what it used to be, this game is either gonna take 2-3 more years to get to the point of a passible game or their gonna scrap it entirely and fuck their fans over.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
The people behind this game are obviously shills, this game is 3 years in the making and they scraped it to try and milk that Patreon money for as long as possible. Independent developers have made better on a shoestring budget and a year's time and I'm getting a less toxic Yandere Dev feel tbh. Updates are few and far between and the artstyle is still nice but a farcry to what it used to be, this game is either gonna take 2-3 more years to get to the point of a passible game or their gonna scrap it entirely and fuck their fans over.
It's a shame you feel that way. Hopefully you change your mind at some point.

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
The test animations will be in testing until 2022

Also, everytime I come to this page I see paragraphs and essays from the devs defending themselves but almost never any updates. :cautious:

Want to get people off your back? Finish the damn demo
No updates? Some of us from the Discord have been sharing news from the devs and literal WIP animations and images that they've publicly released. They do put out updates on their Patreon as well. To say they've never given updates on anything, some of which some of us have brought over here because not everyone looks at the Patreon or Discord, is just ridiculous. They've also updated their Trello so you can see their progress. Trello updates are also automatically posted to the Discord.

acanthan

Jul 11, 2018
No updates? Some of us from the Discord have been sharing news from the devs and literal WIP animations and images that they've publicly released. They do put out updates on their Patreon as well. To say they've never given updates on anything, some of which some of us have brought over here because not everyone looks at the Patreon or Discord, is just ridiculous. They've also updated their Trello so you can see their progress. Trello updates are also automatically posted to the Discord.
remember most of us here are free loaders and when we mean no updates we mean no playable content. (meant to you friend)

(others) gonna be honest i dont know why people get bent out of shape. if your okay with slow progress and constant restructuring thats great give them your money, its something you like. if you dont want to pay for that then dont. but dont hop on here just to bitch about a game you dont pay for anyway.

let the other people pay for and enjoy their game, then just come here every so often to see what you can grab for free. no reason to bitch when it cost you nothing . but it does clog the forum when someone looks to get a serious review of what little new content their may be and all you can find is people bitching.

Steppino

Jun 16, 2019
Didn't you know dude, it counts as an update only if it's in the form of a playable Ren'Py demo that adds walls of text with 1 or 2 CGs every couple of months. Now that's an honest usage of Patreon money!

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
remember most of us here are free loaders and when we mean no updates we mean no playable content. (meant to you friend)

(others) gonna be honest i dont know why people get bent out of shape. if your okay with slow progress and constant restructuring thats great give them your money, its something you like. if you dont want to pay for that then dont. but dont hop on here just to bitch about a game you dont pay for anyway.

let the other people pay for and enjoy their game, then just come here every so often to see what you can grab for free. no reason to bitch when it cost you nothing . but it does clog the forum when someone looks to get a serious review of what little new content their may be and all you can find is people bitching.
You paint it very pretty, but you forget that there are people here who HAVE PAID (so far).
The people here who are complaining, (**I'm one of them, in case you haven't noticed**) it's because we've seen how a game we've supported for months has suddenly changed. And it's changed for the worse...
They're promising us a game that, while it sounds exaggerated, they want to turn it into a GTA. Oh, yes, a good reason to spend months and months and months absorbing the Patreons' money...

Now there's a huge map, inventories, more races, fights... Oh, yes, that's very good, but we've been seeing only samples for months where the quality has worsened... and a lot.

Although you may not have noticed, the complaints are constructive... But there is a moment when, at least to me, it seems that the authors want to make fun of people. You don't like Krystal's feet? Okay, fine, change them... But don't fucking change the whole model.

We've talked about the change in quality of the characters, the animations, the hidden but already notable death of the previous game to create something that doesn't measure up... And on top of that, we have to deal with the spontaneous on-caller who says "nobody here pays".

Last edited:

Steppino

Jun 16, 2019
This reminds me of when pages ago people were discussing the new Krystal design and how it was selected through polls where the patrons voted their preferences and basically the argument devolved into "it shouldn't count because it's not what *I* would've voted"

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Of course, since I don't pay now, I don't have the right to decide the design of Krystal, right?
Good philosophy to regain the trust of your supporters, yes...
At least I hope you know that Krystal is a fox and not a cat.

Last edited:

Steppino

Jun 16, 2019
Of course, since I don't pay now, I don't have the right to decide the design of Krystal, right?
Good philosophy to regain the trust of your supporters, yes.
At least I hope you know that Krystal is a fox and not a cat.
Everyone has the right to voice their opinion but it's unfair to act like a betrayed paying customer when, as you yourself keep pointing out, you aren't.

It's not like I've never been disappointed in a Patreon project myself, and there's plenty of creators I'd accuse of being dishonest or incompetent with how they handle things, i just don't understand why so many of these accusations fly here pf all places since as it has been pointed out again and again the devs are very open about showing what they're doing with time and money. If i wanted i could complain for example about Krystal's new feet/paws that i consider too big and awkward compared to the previous version but i won't act like my nitpicks should override the popular vote

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Ah, it's clear to me. That is, those of us who stopped paying because "the product has suddenly changed" are "betrayers".

You know what the problem is? Making from 0 a Patreon is very difficult.
The easy thing is to take one that's already loaded with patrons and spend 9 months saying you're going to do the same thing and better... when what you're showing isn't.

A Patreon member gets patronage based on what show during his trajectory. Now you not only change the trajectory, but you change what you show... Ah, but we "betrayers" are the bad guys in the movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: stickitinher22

Steppino

Jun 16, 2019
I never called you or anyone a betrayer? Rer-read the post. And i don't know your life story m8, if you weren't a patron when the patrons were voting the new Krystal then that's it, how would i know if you otherwise used to donate money before?

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I never called you or anyone a betrayer? Rer-read the post.
Everyone has the right to voice their opinion but it's unfair to act like a betrayed paying customer when, as you yourself keep pointing out, you aren't.
how would i know if you otherwise used to donate money before?
Oh, sure, that's something I can't prove, right? I can have one nickname here and another in Patreon, right? But I can think of other questions, like how do I know you're not a member of the team, a supporter of the team, or you're not being paid by the team to defend their decisions?

Donations are anonymous, as is your online presence. The important thing is not to ask stupid questions like that, as an attempt to defend your opinions.

Last edited:

Steppino

Jun 16, 2019
Oh, sure, that's something I can't prove, right? I can have one nickname here and another in Patreon, right? But I can think of other questions, like how do I know you're not a member of the team, a supporter of the team, or you're not being paid by the team to defend their decisions?

Donations are anonymous, as is your online presence. The important thing is not to ask stupid questions like that, as an attempt to defend your opinions.
I don't know why you're getting so defensive, i quite literally meant that i have no idea wether you were ever a patron or not, i wasn't accusing you of lying. I don't get it, so far i merely referenced your own words about how you weren't donating at least around the time this reboot happened - did i just get it wrong?

But yeah, as 156 says this convo has been going on long enough. You can call me a shill all you want, i'm just here cuz i'm interested in this jerkoff material

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
And those of us here are also interested in this jerkoff material, some for less time and some for more time. But every now and then the "it's WIP" or the "we don't pay here" or the "we don't pay anymore, so nothing" comes up again. The LOK they want to bring us is not and does not have the quality of the previous one, no matter how much MightyAltroll wants to defend it.

PlasmaWisp

Jan 25, 2018
I’ve been here a while, so I’m just finally gonna throw my two cents in. Unless you’re actively contributing to the project, you have no right to complain. We’re getting stuff here for free while other people pay to support the project and get their opinions acknowledged. In the end, I don’t care what they do, it’ll be a good fap regardless, and nothing’s stopping me from entering “Krystal Hentai” into a god damn Google search.

Reactions: J55555
3.60 star(s) 32 Votes