3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Dunno if you're part of the dev team or something, but I couldn't help but notice that there's a bit of glitchiness right above the base of the tail when the lunge retracts, as if individual segments are clipping with each other.
View attachment 629255
Only the base of the tail? To me these animations only remind me of this, only the cardboard ones don't deform strangely.

marioneta-chewa.jpg

Last edited:

Ravager210

Oct 8, 2019
Dunno if you're part of the dev team or something, but I couldn't help but notice that there's a bit of glitchiness right above the base of the tail when the lunge retracts, as if individual segments are clipping with each other.
View attachment 629255
I am not, but I can pass that on, though Vlad will likely see this himself. One thing to remember is that these are WIP animations, so they haven't been given a good polishing yet, Razorclaw animations as well.

Mad_S

Aug 23, 2019
The animations are TEST animations, work in progress, no polishing yet, and you guys are complaining while this is far from the finished product, fucking hating almost everything posted here. I'm done with this thread, just negativity, and more negativity, and again negativity.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Mad_S, look buddy, it's been 9 months since the last update, and in 9 months everything is WIP. The authors think we don't realize it but here there's nothing left of the essence of LOK Rebirth, and if there is something left it's because on sites like this we criticize it.

They have used the popularity of LOK Rebirth to keep people donating with the intention of creating a new game that is not LOK Rebirth, end. Everything has been changed, even the art, which was fantastic, and on top of that, they show orthopedic animations, not to mention Krystal's WIP design... Ah no, she not Krystal now, it's a customizable cat to avoid problems with the big N. Of course, With the amount of games there is in Patreon parodying cartoon or games characters.

There were people who once donated to see this game progress. How much is left now from the previous game?

Last edited:

Steppino

Jun 16, 2019
What exactly makes this not LOK Rebirth anymore when virtually everything about the setting, interactions etc. remains the same, and how is the new Krystal design any less of a, well, Krystal? What does the customization detract from the base design? I hope you're not about to mention minuscule details about shapes and "scientifically accurate anatomy" (heard enough of that joke) considering almost every other artist always draws the character their own way - it's only natural. I'm sure a lot of people already didn't consider the old version or the new one "furry enough" to make an example (seriously, some artists would draw her muzzle as long as her arm)

I also don't understand all the complaints about the unfinished animation just because they're new. Not to insult the team but did you notice just how rough some of the animations in the current demo looked? The cowgirl scene in particular had lots of awkward bending because i assume it was newer and generally harder to pull off. Just saying, some people here seem to be acting like the animation technique changed with this reboot

Last edited:

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Oh, and another commentary with unfinished animations... You just forgot to say that they're perfect and some of the best you've ever seen.

Now you're gonna tell me that the cowgirl scene doesn't look much better than these... let's call them WIP.
You complain about the previous animation, but you don't complain about the amount of strange paranormal events that happen to these... No matter how much WIP, if something doesn't work, I don't go through with it.

XD, it's already rare to find so much passivity in the anatomy of models... to make animations like this...

Last edited:

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
What exactly makes this not LOK Rebirth anymore when virtually everything about the setting, interactions etc. remains the same
When just about everything else is different. The gameplay, the art, the animations. Probably the writing as well.
how is the new Krystal design any less of a, well, Krystal?
People liked and were attached to the old design. How is it surprising to you at all that changing her design so much would lead to backlash?
I also don't understand all the complaints about the unfinished animation just because they're new.
Are people not allowed to point out flaws because they're works in progress? Would that not be the best time to point out things to improve upon? It's easier to change something when you're still working on it than when it's already done and integrated in the rest of the game.
Just saying, some people here seem to be acting like the animation technique changed with this reboot
Hasn't it, though? I'm pretty sure that's one of the major reasons the animations take this long this time around.

Reactions: chopolander

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Is the new version going to be keyboard and mouse now? and im assuming yes because alot of ppl wanted it but will just mouse play be an option as well?
Yes and no. Mouse won't get you past platforming sections, but it will control a decent amount of the rest of the game. Combat is planned to be mouse-only capable if you want to play it like that.

View attachment 629255
Noted, thank you.

Steppino

Jun 16, 2019
You complain about the previous animation, but you don't complain about the amount of strange paranormal events that happen to these...
I didn't really complain about them, not for the sake of it anyways, just used them as an example that things were already occasioanlly rough, it's not a problem unique to this rebooted version of the game

Hasn't it, though? I'm pretty sure that's one of the major reasons the animations take this long this time around.
I think the animator may be a different one (don't feel like retreading the thread just to check) but it's absolutely the same method of warping and bending 2D assets, apply "skeletons" etc. (i'm not big on the technical jargon)

combige

Jun 30, 2017
Wow, some years ago I played a Flash game about some demon girl fighting and being fucked by sorts of zerglings. Does this have any connections to that game or I'm mistaken?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wow, some years ago I played a Flash game about some demon girl fighting and being fucked by sorts of zerglings. Does this have any connections to that game or I'm mistaken?
That's an entirely different game not related to LoK. At least not directly. It was published on the LoK forums, though.

Reactions: combige

SicilyAB

Feb 16, 2019
Well, what we have in the OP is scrapped for the most part. They're remaking it. As far as I know the only thing they're bringing over are the characters and story.
I think that sucks because the amount of polish and content is really good. When I saw the roadmap adding small details like cum staining and NPC reacting to how you look I was really excited. Really unfortunate. The best version of LOK to date.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I think that sucks because the amount of polish and content is really good. When I saw the roadmap adding small details like cum staining and NPC reacting to how you look I was really excited. Really unfortunate. The best version of LOK to date.
Hopefully the new version will be just as good, but so far I'm skeptical. Especially with such a long period of nothing playable.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes