3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

kc63

Apr 19, 2019
just want to say that LOK is an exellent game, and I wish that the devs are going to do a masterpiece with the next version (I hope that they enjoying doing it )

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
just want to say that LOK is an exellent game, and I wish that the devs are going to do a masterpiece with the next version (I hope that they enjoying doing it )
Well it is stressful because we want to get stuff done for people to play as quickly as possible, but at the same time, it takes a lot of time/effort to make the quality we're looking for.

But aside from that, we do very much enjoy it. We want to make a good game, we love games.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
You know, now that this thread has gotten a bit calmer in comparison to before I find it to be much easier to patiently wait for the new release. Just take your time, LoK team.

Reactions: ZEDISDED874

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
New demo in a couple of days, supposedly. How long has this thing been going now, three years?
The playtest comes at the end of this month, which I have stated multiple times. It has not been going for three years. It hasn't even been up for one year. Unless you're counting the original version of LoKR, in which case I still don't think it has been three years.

But you should know that, since you're in our discord, constantly annoying me with your negativity, and even lying, such as in this case. I don't mind you being pessimistic at every waking moment of every single day, but I'm growing very tired of watching you lie to people with false information. Attempting to light fires where there are none.

You only have two posts on this website and this is your very first one. I can only assume you want this project to fail.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
I can see why youre being annoyed, but i think he meant its nearly 3 years since the start of this project - July 2017. And yes, i count the previous versions, why not? The last version under the old project was released on July 2019, thats not a whole year, but 10 months at least.
Still, i dont agree with bothering you elsewhere, and cant say anything else about this D4n0w4r. Still try to patiently waiting for the Demo to make a better judgement

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I can see why youre being annoyed, but i think he meant its nearly 3 years since the start of this project - July 2017. And yes, i count the previous versions, why not? The last version under the old project was released on July 2019, thats not a whole year, but 10 months at least.
Still, i dont agree with bothering you elsewhere, and cant say anything else about this D4n0w4r. Still try to patiently waiting for the Demo to make a better judgement
I mean we're almost a completely brand new team effectively doing this project from scratch, so holding us to a time standard of all the projects is a little unfair.

That said, I understand being impatient with us, unfortunately we can't make the game development go much faster. At this point all we can do is continue to build the game for the future, and wait for animations to catch up.

As stated before, at the end of this month, we're releasing a playtest of some unpolished stuff for people to rip apart, so that people have something to play.

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Some doubts, I don't know if you could answer them for me?

First, the demo that you launch will be through in this forum or will it be only through a page that you give?
[If you continue to release the versions in this forum, will it be in this same thread or will it be in a new entry and therefore this thread will be abandoned?

Second, if everything goes well and the vast majority approves the demo and you begin to build everything from that base. Do you have an archetype or structure for future updates as well as a set time between them, or will it all depend on how things are progressing?
[Note, the question is not asked with the intention of pressuring you or asking for something, but rather, to know if it is worthwhile to follow the progress from point to point or if it is better to wait a considerable time to feel the progress]

With nothing else to add, I retire for now.

Reactions: Mechonyo

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
As stated before, at the end of this month, we're releasing a playtest of some unpolished stuff for people to rip apart, so that people have something to play.
I not to put the finger on the wound, but only then we'll see if it's LOK or an attempt to use the revenues from LOK to create a new game, whose path of ideas had to change in the face of criticism from users not to be a LOK.

At the moment it's confirmed that Krystal won't be Krystal by blablabla Nintendo.
Do you also confirm that the title of the game will change and no longer be Legend of Krystal, and that my suspicions are true?

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Some doubts, I don't know if you could answer them for me?

First, the demo that you launch will be through in this forum or will it be only through a page that you give?
[If you continue to release the versions in this forum, will it be in this same thread or will it be in a new entry and therefore this thread will be abandoned?

Second, if everything goes well and the vast majority approves the demo and you begin to build everything from that base. Do you have an archetype or structure for future updates as well as a set time between them, or will it all depend on how things are progressing?
[Note, the question is not asked with the intention of pressuring you or asking for something, but rather, to know if it is worthwhile to follow the progress from point to point or if it is better to wait a considerable time to feel the progress]

With nothing else to add, I retire for now.
Well I don't believe we have control over this page, so we'll probably have to make a new one, unfortunately.

It depends exclusively with how things are progressing. I don't want to fall into the trap of promising things we can't deliver. Setbacks occur, and I'm not about to push a bunch of crappy builds out for people to play with like 2 or 3 minuscule changes. I take the stance of "We release an update when we have enough content for people to actually play/enjoy."

Obviously bug fixes would be as immediate as possible, and we may just create a launcher that would auto-update potentially.

I not to put the finger on the wound, but only then we'll see if it's LOK or an attempt to use the revenues from LOK to create a new game, whose path of ideas had to change in the face of criticism from users not to be a LOK.

At the moment it's confirmed that Krystal won't be Krystal by blablabla Nintendo.
Do you also confirm that the title of the game will change and no longer be Legend of Krystal, and that my suspicions are true?
The game has the exact same setting as the original version of LoK:R. Something you won't really see in the demo, by the by.
However we've changed from 2D environments to 3D environments, and we have attempted to put far more effort into the game itself.

I don't know if we will decide to change the title or not. LoK:R seems fine, though the ability for the player to change her name means it'll be a bit odd to call it that. I don't know, I really don't. But arguing "It's no longer LoK" is kind of silly. It is inspired by LoK, will reference LoK heavily, and will retain all the characters I made for the first versions of LoK:R.

Reactions: kenji322 and Fyo

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
In short, you're proving me right.

It's another game (or similar) made with Krystal's income, because if Krystal, who is the only reference character disappears (even though you can create her with the publisher), she is no longer LOK... It's like telling me that Koikatu is a Hatsune Miku game because I can create Hatsune Miku, but it's not her game, it's Koikatu.

En Patreon, Krystal sigue apareciendo... Isn't it ironic that you complain about some comments on a Krystal post when the initial idea is not to use Krystal?

Don't get me wrong, the work you're doing looks good... but if it's not Krystal, kill LOK, found a new game Patreon... but going backwards is hard, isn't it?

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonsix6969

fuffek

Mar 24, 2019
I don't see the problem you see bro, it's still Krystal the only difference is that you can change her to you'r own liking but if you want original Krystal you can also make her look like original Krystal it's up to you, you have 2 options your choice, at this moment I see you only trying to complain just to complain and prove that youre in the right when youre not or should I say youre in the right but at the same time youre in the wrong

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes