3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
Gorepete's vG of LoK was good, but not the original. you want the one made by playshapes.
Playshapes' was the original, yes, but the daily jobs and unlocking progressively lewder scenes according to your stats seems to me like the pre-reboot game was inspired by Gorepete's version.

Reactions: DocSilence

IIIIIIIIII

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Let's be honest, Legend of Krystal the Original doesn't exist. Or it is buried beyond at least 10 different versions from what I saw. There is LoK, LoK 2 and 3, LoK vG, LoK vE, LoK (not the first one, another one), LoK Rebirth ect ect ect.
I am not even sure if the forums came after or before the idea, but most of those games can be found on legendofkrystal.com. I don't know how the current situation will unfold, but if it is not abandoned, I hope the devs will keep the way they are building the game.

Reactions: DocSilence

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Just came across this game today, how much content is there? I know I've seen other Legend of Krystal games around but IIRC they're typically just a few janky animations with some shoddy gameplay. This seems pretty popular, so maybe it's quite a bit better?

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Just came across this game today, how much content is there? I know I've seen other Legend of Krystal games around but IIRC they're typically just a few janky animations with some shoddy gameplay. This seems pretty popular, so maybe it's quite a bit better?
Despite it being abandoned, I do recommend you play through the 0.8 version of the game that's in the OP right now. The writing is pretty good, and the animations are good as well. It's just the gameplay itself that can be a slog. So maybe consider using Cheat Engine to speed that up.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
I dont think he meant that, more something like you shouldnt put blame on customers. And i have to correct you, they ignored paying people, forgot the whole revamp thing to ask patreons, only the lucky discord members had a vote in that. Meanwhile, a bloodbound who checked out patreon on a daily basis for one project (sad i know) but wasnt on discord was neither informed or asked. Thats a fact, so to put it in your words: DAFUK?
....what?

How in the everloving motherfucking cockbiscuits did they get that idea for a Re-Rebirth then, if (presumably) most of the patreons didn't even know that such a thing was proposed?

Last edited:

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
....what?

How in the everloving motherfucking cockbiscuits did they get that idea for a Re-Rebirth?
They came to a point where the code wasn't good enough and that needed refactoring. And at that point they decided to redo the entire project to make it into what they had in mind from the beginning all along.

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
Ok, good reason BUT, why change the entire art style as well? Was that another "vote" they had or did both go hand in hand?

Cross Zero

Jun 12, 2018
Well, from what I gather from your information there are two reasons:

1: They wanted more RPG-elements in the game closer to Gorepete's version (if I remember correctly), but because they built the game one piece at a time the code became too unoptimized for something like that.

2: Following from 1, I'd wager they wound up with a case of spaghetti code which compounds the first reason and actually justifies a complete rewrite of the game code.

HOWEVER, I can not come up with a reason why they'd ditch all the old assets because, as you implied, they could just rewrite the code completely and re-implement all the assets and scenes, probably piece by piece because of the new code structure.

Discarding ALL the work done previously is very strange and suspicious. The only plausible reasons I can come up with is that either they changed the artist or whatever they intend to do now is incompatible with the old assets i.e. the models are either incapable of "fitting the scenes" (unlikely, but I'm not up to date on the trello news), like the bone structures misbehaving too much (more likely) or it wasn't how they imagined everything altogether which seems even MORE unlikely. I had another possibility slip my mind, maybe I'll remember...

Last edited:

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Ok, since I see that the thing can be turned back on as it had happened, I will say it to try to turn it off.

They didn´t change the artist since the artist is the creator of the game itself. What happens is that since everything started only with him and he didn´t have much idea of programming, he built the game under a system that, in short, every time he wanted to update the existing content in the game, he had to readjust The whole game practically given that when introducing the new content, the game unbalanced like a car after making any modifications to the engine. That is why, both to avoid this work each time an update was made (which extended the time between one update to another more and more) and, in turn, taking advantage of the fact that, in history, almost no progress had been made given That was emphasized more than anything in the sexual scenes, was that and not only between them but through a vote in the patreon whether to continue under this situation or, the entire game was reluctant on a basis that allowed to quickly update the game, which means that all the sexual material made was lost due to the incompatibility between one base to another and already as an extra step, it was also decided if the design was maintained or reluctant, which the new version won.

I understand that after so long since the last update, I´m a bit desperate with this project, I´m in the same position as any of the inaccurate that we follow the steps of this project, one thing is despair and another but very different is distortion, judgment or reinterpretation of the facts in order to vilify or harm the content creators. Which, only, ends up causing that as an example, in projects like that of the MGQP translation (due to the magnitude or time of work) due to the pressure of the community, not only the translator who started it all, but even when the original translator of the original saga was interested in joining the project, he and 80% ended up abandoning it due to pressure. Leaving only a few who, despite being only a few, have kept the project afloat at a good pace.

Summary (since I have the habit of writing not comments, but Bible verses).
Right or wrong, at the moment, this project doesn´t seem to end as it happened to other LOK projects. So rest assured, although yes, please devs, if the technical demo is approved (which is something OBVIOUS) until literally nothing is missing but just upload the next update to the server, don´t give a date if this It depends on touch-ups or work to be completed, since the community is already at a point of no return that ... will be praised for the work you do or for any problem or failure, they´ll persecute you as if they´re Nazgul.

helllover

Jun 7, 2017
Well, It's not really a version of LOK anymore. More like It uses the title while having little to do with the LOK concept or the original idea they used to promote their game on patreon. IMO the Sindoll Starfox doujinshi Is likely the closest thing tone wise to the Original LOK.

fuffek

Mar 24, 2019
Well, It's not really a version of LOK anymore. More like It uses the title while having little to do with the LOK concept or the original idea they used to promote their game on patreon. IMO the Sindoll Starfox doujinshi Is likely the closest thing tone wise to the Original LOK.
What the hell ? all LOK games are based on the original which had nothing to do with SEX at all. They are all based on that and they can name themself LOK or something similiar if they want. There was somewhere a comment about this already btw.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Krystal is a furry icon.

His appearances are so full of uncertainties that they make him a very appealing character to tell stories. The big N exploits her female characters very little.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes