3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Isn't that a bit like that Monster Farming game that was on Patreon?
No, the case of this project is that the development team is working on 2 or 3 projects at the same time, so it takes time. Which is the most stipulated in my humble opinion. Since instead of finishing things one by one, now they have 3 different sides that they want to be prioritized.

Drakehunt

Mar 27, 2019
That tends to be the case with these games. The yandere simulator of the adult game world in a way lol. This is exactly the reason why so many people tend to avoid supporting patreons and such like the plague.

SkeithX7

Jul 1, 2017
What I don't understand is that nobody had the thought to release the version as it is now and then release an update when the animations are done is a possibility.

I'm just baffled by this. All for a tech demo no less.... just what the fuck

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
What I don't understand is that nobody had the thought to release the version as it is now and then release an update when the animations are done is a possibility.

I'm just baffled by this. All for a tech demo no less.... just what the fuck
We literally did, and had a vote on it, which was in fact pasted here.

SkeithX7

Jul 1, 2017
We literally did, and had a vote on it, which was in fact pasted here.
The mindset about this is the problem.

This is a tech demo, people are voting to have H animations be completed as if the game was ready to be released as an early build w a solid foundation. The thing about this, the tech demo should be released to see how the game actually plays since it's naturally going to be the first thing anybody would be expected to interact right at the get go.

The poll is centered on the H animations, which is the main draw to be abundantly clear, but it's been a approx. a year since this remake has been in the works. It'd be appropriate to release the tech demo as it is. Yeah, no duh people are going to choose the option to complete the animations. That'd be a given regardless if there wasnt a poll but pictures and released as it is.

Again, to reiterate, the tech demo should be about the gameplay in it's current form. People can wait for H scenes to come in. LOK:R has had years to reach to that point w Cenvir but it already had a foundation to stand on as a game, though barren in gameplay itself.

The poll is a false choice in the matter. The animations will come regardless ((per your options)), but people thinking w the wrong head decided to extend the tech demo beyond the timeframe as it is. If given the choice to wait it out even more by forgoing the tech demo release, wait an actual build to release w even more H scenes in store with no timeframe given on when it'd release, the people would still support that.

There's a reason why terms like Sunk Cost fallacy, echo chambers and Yes Man exists

For someone like yourself to tell your criticisms of gameplay in regards to other LoK games, one would think you'd show off the tech demo for the gameplay itself. Or is this due to a lack of confidence in the gameplay and relying on the H animations to carry through? To which, that's understandable as that's the majority of most H games content being barren in gameplay but abundant in H scenes

Last edited:

Robberbaron

Oct 8, 2017
That is impossible and pointless. The change in the art was Kuja's decision as the original artist, who felt his skills had improved.
I´d imagine it would be a win for everyone:
You put aside your differences, Abelius can rejoin as dev with focus on the 0.8 version, you could quickly animate new scenes with Nesi/Sek/Keakrix/Nemiri/Eri etc. with the already existing artwork and code of 0.8, a good amount of 0.8 favoring ex-patrons might repledge and everyone would have more LOK Rebrith (current AND old version) content to enjoy. I myself am a fan of both versions.

Just my thoughts.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
I grow tired of this 'canceled' bullshit. We have 2/3 teammembers from the previous iterations, using the same characters, with a similar plot. We're remaking the game with better quality in mind. It isn't canceled.
Don't misrepresent yourself, I repeat, are the almost 2000 patreons you have now from 9 months ago or are they already from the first versions of LOK Rebirth? Maybe the game wouldn't be as bad as you're painting it.

Tank1

Sep 25, 2017
Shame you all couldn't come to a different result Abe, I was a huge fan of the original LOK:R. For me it was the perfect balance of adult content/game 60/40, whereas the remake feels like its going to be more game then adult content. In a perfect world you all could have limited the scope of the original and continue with monthly updates, while the other team releases quarterly updates of the larger scope game. To me I feel that would have been a winner, a huge winner at that. Since no one is willing to share their time machine, I will keep an open mind and wait to give the new game a try. Hope it works out for everyone involved.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I believe the last version I had played was around...v0.05 or something? I didn't even get to valeens (leather worker) There is whole lot of content I'm missing. Lies. I played .08, but only up to some of Guldran. Still a lot of content I have yet to play.
I've enjoyed the pre-reboot, and I hope to enjoy the post-reboot.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
And no, no chance I'll integrate into "The Tribe" team anymore. Vlad and I just can't work together because he's all passion and craftsmanship and I'm all business and goal-oriented.
That isn't a bad thing, Abel, and for the record I very much respect your work on LoK, and I think you're a very smart man. I don't hold any sort of grudge against you, and we didn't do any of this to spite you. I know you hate me, but I'd be open to working with you again if you ever got over your hatred of me.

I hope your high school project takes off, I really do.

TheBatchCode

Oct 23, 2017
So how long are we potentially off a release? I think most of us are on the fence on supporting the game until we see something playable.

I think after all this time (and while the patreon updates are exciting) most of us are a but cautious, I guess the same with any game in this genre. At the very least it's good to see the creators communicating with the fans, even though TBH I'm surprised you guys are actually on this site at all.

SkeithX7

Jul 1, 2017
So how long are we potentially off a release? I think most of us are on the fence on supporting the game until we see something playable.

I think after all this time (and while the patreon updates are exciting) most of us are a but cautious, I guess the same with any game in this genre. At the very least it's good to see the creators communicating with the fans, even though TBH I'm surprised you guys are actually on this site at all.
Definitely agree, communication is always appreciated albiet there be drama at times. For the most part, completely remaking a game that wasn't finished and still ask for support after the fact is highly unusual. The previews are nice to see a glance at the progress the game has but it'd be another few years to see a possibility the game would be finished.

The need to see the sort of potential in action of the remake of LoK:R is all about is critical for future support, especially well after approx. a year since the annoucement of it.

Guest888

Oct 26, 2017
Lord, why did they do this? The old design was better!

2020-06-24_061731.png zex6.gif

and because Kuja felt he had improved a ton with his art since the first versions of LoK:R. For example, the first images of K were WAAAAAAY bigger than they needed to be, they were absolutely massive and took up a lot of space. So by making new assets, we could redo a lot of mistakes that were made prior with more experience.

As for the actual K remodel fiasco that happened, there were lots of complaints with how she looked, etc., so we decided to remodel her a couple times. We lost a lot of time as well for various unforeseen reasons
Wrong decision! Even now it’s clear that the previous appearance of the characters is more elegant and attractive. I am disappointed. :(:confused:(n)
(I want a graphic mod that will return it to the game :sneaky:)

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 32 Votes