3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
So again, MightyAltroll, will we be able to see the alpha version link (or even the whole new thread), or will it be patreon only? Cause if it's the second one, that actually would be a bad decision - people won't be able to decide, whether they want to financially support the project or not, until there will be a public release. Even if it's just alpha for now.
The tech demo will be public.

v0.8 .

I recall MightyAltroll saying he may make another thread here, since this current one is not controlled by the staff.
I probably will make a new thread here, yes.

Last edited:

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
MightyAltroll , I just wanted to say I'll retire from the public scene (and making more scenes) for a while. And focus on my own thing, and leave the past in the past.

Today, I've deleted my Discord server, a never-ending source of gossip, because I was on the way of yet another flame wars with you. And Kuja is always in the middle of this shit. He's aaalways in the middle... :rolleyes:

So, I hope we both have luck in our respective projects for the sake of everyone.
Mmm, feels like some people were hell bent on starting things between us. Guess they wanted drama as entertainment.

Honestly I think you focusing on your project is a good thing, because I know you can do pretty amazing stuff, and I know given the time you'll make a good game. I wish you good luck Abelius.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kunt

cooldude33

Jun 1, 2017
I like Krystal's new body, but I don't really like the face. I prefer the old one mainly because she looked angrier. I'd expect someone stranded on an unknown planet to look more irritated like the old face version. The new version seems kind of nonchalant about the whole thing.

_Randomo_

Oct 4, 2019
Well i am happy to hear that the project wasn't abandoned. Sad to hear that is was started over but that is the developers choice and I look forward to see the new stuff.

DoorFive

Dec 3, 2019
I like Krystal's new body, but I don't really like the face. I prefer the old one mainly because she looked angrier. I'd expect someone stranded on an unknown planet to look more irritated like the old face version. The new version seems kind of nonchalant about the whole thing.
The work you mostly see is just with a neutral face. I suspect we need a baseline to figure out where to go. i'm positive the facial expressions will look more expressive later.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
The face changes, believe it or not. We have various expressions for her. LOKR_KRYS_EXPRESSIONS_ee.png

And we'll also have her ears move to reflect her expressions.

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Well, it seems that the wait is over, soon one will be able to know if all the time it takes to get to this moment turned out to have been worth it.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
The face changes, believe it or not. We have various expressions for her. View attachment 708619

And we'll also have her ears move to reflect her expressions.
There are some very small differences between a couple of these. I wouldn't be able to tell apart the Happy, Pleased, and Determined faces, the Very Happy, Ecstatic, and Talking 1 faces, or the Neutral, Annoyed, and Angry faces.

Draxeid

Oct 14, 2018
I do like the facial expressions, the only issue i might have is that the characters will be too small on the screen to see any difference, so i´d say think about making the character models somewhat bigger maybe

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
There are some very small differences between a couple of these. I wouldn't be able to tell apart the Happy, Pleased, and Determined faces, the Very Happy, Ecstatic, and Talking 1 faces, or the Neutral, Annoyed, and Angry faces.
I think it's more a reference for maintaining consistancy than anything else. Ie scene writer says "krystal is annoyed in this scene" scene animator looks at sheet to see what they used last time for annoyed. The differences are small but it's hard to do otherwise without overacting worse than the english dub of a JRPG.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Because that's an older preview of a WiP Kuja was doing.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
I do like the facial expressions, the only issue i might have is that the characters will be too small on the screen to see any difference, so i´d say think about making the character models somewhat bigger maybe
You'll be able to zoom in during scenes.

Illustrivity

Mar 2, 2018
Does anyone know if this game was abandoned?
No, but it honestly probably will be soon, considering they've spent almost a whole year without an update making new animations that apparently the majority of people don't even like (and neither do I really) and spending time overhauling the UI (which realistically nobody but their sycophants/patreons give a single fuck about) as if they're making some triple A title. Instead of this dumb shit that people will acknowledge for one second as they breeze past it (because people who play these games aren't playing them for the nice gradient elements in the menus) and briefly go "huh, that looks nice" at, the game could've had so much good new content in the year it's taken for this re-working of literally everything, and it could've all been done with the (honestly) more appealing animation style (even though it might have been more static than the new one, it was still more appealing).

Like, no offence, but Doom Eternal's UI was absolute shit, but the game was still balls-to-the-wall fantastic fun. The priorities with this project are kinda misguided. Krystal walking around a village is not going to be the new Bioshock; just give people something to get off to more than once a year. This game is getting too bloated for its own good, but...I suppose if there are enough people to keep carrying this project with their wallets for a long time (as there often are with things people want to fap to, disproportional to the actual devotion and effort of the developers) then colour me wrong, but I don't think it's going to remain that way forever. I think anybody who's followed these kinds of games for a while has examples of projects that just got too bloated and too ambitious and were abandoned, and you always just kinda think like...if you didn't have the patience to see it all the way through, why the fuck did you prioritize adding dumb shit that added so little to the project?

Anyway, hopefully this game's update schedule speeds up now, once they're more or less done with the big overhaul, and maybe one day in the far, far future we can all enjoy a finalized project and convince ourselves that it was worth the wait.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
No, but it honestly probably will be soon, considering they've spent almost a whole year without an update making new animations that apparently the majority of people don't even like (and neither do I really) and spending time overhauling the UI (which realistically nobody but their sycophants/patreons give a single fuck about) as if they're making some triple A title. Instead of this dumb shit that people will acknowledge for one second as they breeze past it (because people who play these games aren't playing them for the nice gradient elements in the menus) and briefly go "huh, that looks nice" at, the game could've had so much good new content in the year it's taken for this re-working of literally everything, and it could've all been done with the (honestly) more appealing animation style (even though it might have been more static than the new one, it was still more appealing).

Like, no offence, but Doom Eternal's UI was absolute shit, but the game was still balls-to-the-wall fantastic fun. The priorities with this project are kinda misguided. Krystal walking around a village is not going to be the new Bioshock; just give people something to get off to more than once a year. This game is getting too bloated for its own good, but...I suppose if there are enough people to keep carrying this project with their wallets for a long time (as there often are with things people want to fap to, disproportional to the actual devotion and effort of the developers) then colour me wrong, but I don't think it's going to remain that way forever. I think anybody who's followed these kinds of games for a while has examples of projects that just got too bloated and too ambitious and were abandoned, and you always just kinda think like...if you didn't have the patience to see it all the way through, why the fuck did you prioritize adding dumb shit that added so little to the project?

Anyway, hopefully this game's update schedule speeds up now, once they're more or less done with the big overhaul, and maybe one day in the far, far future we can all enjoy a finalized project and convince ourselves that it was worth the wait.
Well if it isn't Mr. Sunshine himself to brighten my day. Thanks for the doom and gloom forecast bub, but we remade everything from scratch for a lot of reasons, one being the fact that we received constant complaints about the gameplay, we wanted to make more races, and just various technical reasons.

Imagine having to wait for game development. The absolute horror.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes