3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

whatever4096

Mar 23, 2018
Well if it isn't Mr. Sunshine himself to brighten my day. Thanks for the doom and gloom forecast bub, but we remade everything from scratch for a lot of reasons, one being the fact that we received constant complaints about the gameplay, we wanted to make more races, and just various technical reasons.

Imagine having to wait for game development. The absolute horror.
I'm not a patron, but I'll just chime in and say that pot dragging crap WAS atrocious. Everything felt like it took forever and there was so much tedium.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Whenever you find a review you talk about "constant complaints" with the previous game, but the truth is that the game in 1.8 already had hundreds of followers and patreons so... there wouldn't be many complaints.

I could summarize "constant complaints" about what you are showing now, but for more details you just have to take a look some pages back. I hope that if after the technical beta you have "constant complaints" you will also remake many things (or go back).

imilluc

Jan 30, 2019
MightyAltroll given the new combat system and how there will be scenes for a loss, how will the game handle losing said battles? is it a game over? is it just a scene, and then you keep on going like nothing happened? do you get/stay drenched to the point of other commenting? are we risking missing out on one story path for losing most of our trash battles just to see the scenes or can we freely lose just to see them?

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
MightyAltroll given the new combat system and how there will be scenes for a loss, how will the game handle losing said battles? is it a game over? is it just a scene, and then you keep on going like nothing happened? do you get/stay drenched to the point of other commenting? are we risking missing out on one story path for losing most of our trash battles just to see the scenes or can we freely lose just to see them?
In the extreme content version, it'll be a scene and then game over. You reload, because you lost. So I suppose you can freely lose to see them, though saving only occurs at beds and the occasional checkpoint.

Caerna

Dec 29, 2018
As someone who doesn't really care about this character or the game, I'll say this:
old design - weird mutant with three boobs and severe facial and spinal deformities,
new design - cute furry girl.

Reactions: MightyAltroll

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
I understand why people can be frustrated with development time, I haven't really followed along for the entire show so my perspctive might be a bit different, but it seems like people are being REALLY hard on the new version.

The new art is blatantly better than the old stuff from an anatomy standpoint and game development does take time so that isn't nessecarily weird or bad either.

Of course we'll find out what the reality is as time goes on but I don't know why people are being so negative.

salestimania

Oct 8, 2018
patience is the key element of success....
It looks like they put a lot of
work into this.. just give them more time and the game will be fun and beautiful

Reactions: MightyAltroll

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Sadly I can't leave links yet, but check Twitter * ShineSL_ *, it seems this creator posted new upgrade of his/her experimental game.
Not even close to what I would prefer, I was hopping it more similar in art to this game, but oh well... anyway thx for info, buddy.

The funny thing is that I'm not really into furry myself, but somehow old design drag me in and I really enjoyed ;)
I think the best position in this situation it's just wait until devs show us this demo and then make final decision. It's really hard to tell whether these updates will be good or not.

According to last screenshot that MightyAltroll showed us, we at least can create something closer to original art which is good thing IMO. But I agree with others: now lizard gals don't look attractive at all. As I said, I'm not much into furry myself, but I just did a quick search, how people draw lizard girls and here 2 images, that I could call cute (They also don't have ridiculous hair :geek:). Also I must say, in the old design lizard girl was fine, not super attractive but also not super bad IMO.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

fuffek

Mar 24, 2019
Hi all, Tech Demo Update! First of all we have to apologize because we thought all 4 sex animations would be done roughly around the same time, but alas, the universe just wants to prove us wrong. It's been quite the hard month for us with so much work but Pikant's animation is completely finished and he is currently rushing to finish one more. The other animations are at around 60% completion, but will be completed asap. Yet another stressful situation of going "Just 2 more weeks, guys, they'll be done!", but honestly we are not going to do that. At this point we just want to show off all the good stuff we've done. The dialogue is done, the mechanics are looking pretty beautiful, and the environment is legitimately amazing. Everything is pretty much finished, except the animations. So we're discussing releasing the tech demo into two different parts: unpolished and polished and let you awesome people play something right now. We're also going to be seriously looking at our animation pipeline (something that should have been done ages ago), because it's honestly ridiculous at this point. So, again, we are super sorry that you guys have had to wait as long as you have, and you have a right to be disappointed for it. We are trying our best to learn from our mistakes while trying to be a real team of game developers. We currently suck at giving estimate dates (remember how much I hated to give dates? Yeah... now you know why :p) but I'm assuming the other half of the sex animations will be polished in roughly three weeks. We'll also use this time to go through the challenge of applying all of the facial expressions that Kuja has created for the characters so they can be much, much more alive than the old build could ever be. That's the time we'll take to release the next tech demo build.

Please keep in mind that the tech demo by no means represent a final version of the game and there is almost literally TONS of work to be finished before we can ship 0.1v. The good news (as everyone must already know) is that the foundation is done and that from now on it is just a matter of creating assets for the game, in a TIMELY FASHION.

But to compound on the good news, I'd like to show you an awesome teaser

For future character customization of K:

Please keep an eye on our Discord server and Trello board to track our Art, Animation, Coding, Bug-Tracking, Lore and other progress! Phew, it has been quite the month! Thank you all for all the awesome support and patience!

Thats the new info from discord.
I'm not really surprised by the another delay with animations, pretty damn hard piece of cake that just hardly ever want to go as you planned so its common thing to have a few if not many delays with those.
All I want to know is if ppl that are not patreons will have immediate acces to tech demo so everyone can have a taste of new fresh start.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
If the tech demo is good I'd probably become a patreon. There aren't enough good furry games out there so I like to support them.

It's gonna depend on if those timely updates end up happening too, I have no problem with things taking time, but I still like to see incremental builds that come out regularly even if each update is small-ish, rather than 6 months of no builds and then a large one.

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
As someone who doesn't really care about this character or the game, I'll say this:
old design - weird mutant with three boobs and severe facial and spinal deformities,
It would be an interesting conclusion if there were a development of it. But looking at his avatar, it's clear to me where you stands if feels the same way about the furry models in Rack 2.

SkeithX7

Jul 1, 2017
1593461997396.png 1593462078657.png

The pic you've seen doesnt give off the full picture. She's standing at an angle, face front towards the direction she's facing whereas the new design has her standing straight. The closest comparison with the new design would be this:
1593462463617.png

That said, there's still a preference to the old one
1593462177802.png

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
The pic you've seen doesnt give off the full picture. She's standing at an angle, face front towards the direction she's facing whereas the new design has her standing straight. The closest comparison with the new design would be this:
No, in motion she is very clearly at a flat side on view and her boobs are still sticking out awkwardly because she isn't REALLY animmated, it's just a still image that has been tweened alot to make it kinda resemble movement. So you never actually see a change in perspective.

Even if she's standing still like in your pictures it still looks weird because boobs just don't look like that, it's freaky once you notice it.

It comes off as very amateurish and it's one of the things I'm hoping they've changed in the new version.

May 29, 2018
I prefer the older one tbh. I like her curves more. In the new one her ass is really flat.

That said, there's supposed to be customization for her so if I can make her look more like the old version I'll be happy. I'd be really happy to support this project again as long as the updates are timely.

3.60 star(s) 32 Votes