3.60 star(s) 32 Votes

helllover

Jun 7, 2017
Pretty sure that the Original LOK had sex. Starfox didn't of course but I don't think an official Nintendo game would ever get a topic on this site. Also of course they can use the LOK title, No one is going to complain or anything similar since It's a free title.

Mayra

Apr 15, 2018
Any of you guys know if there will be still a slave route? Also maybe a virgin option?

naruto95

Oct 25, 2018
I gotta say the game is great yet it needs to have more action. It is kinda slow and the progress is slow which can be boring. Hopefully we could a much faster sexual interacts. :)

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Playshapes' was the original, yes, but the daily jobs and unlocking progressively lewder scenes according to your stats seems to me like the pre-reboot game was inspired by Gorepete's version.
It's inspired by LoK in general, not just Gorepete's version. We want to do justice to the original content while also doing our own thing. This isn't a playshapes game.

Let's be honest, Legend of Krystal the Original doesn't exist. Or it is buried beyond at least 10 different versions from what I saw. There is LoK, LoK 2 and 3, LoK vG, LoK vE, LoK (not the first one, another one), LoK Rebirth ect ect ect.
I am not even sure if the forums came after or before the idea, but most of those games can be found on legendofkrystal.com. I don't know how the current situation will unfold, but if it is not abandoned, I hope the devs will keep the way they are building the game.
The original LoK exists in my heart :p

The original was on newgrounds, it might still be.
The forums came after
It still is, and you are correct.

....what?

How in the everloving motherfucking cockbiscuits did they get that idea for a Re-Rebirth then, if (presumably) most of the patreons didn't even know that such a thing was proposed?
It is a long story of internal bullshit.

Well, from what I gather from your information there are two reasons:

1: They wanted more RPG-elements in the game closer to Gorepete's version (if I remember correctly), but because they built the game one piece at a time the code became too unoptimized for something like that.

2: Following from 1, I'd wager they wound up with a case of spaghetti code which compounds the first reason and actually justifies a complete rewrite of the game code.

HOWEVER, I can not come up with a reason why they'd ditch all the old assets because, as you implied, they could just rewrite the code completely and re-implement all the assets and scenes, probably piece by piece because of the new code structure.

Discarding ALL the work done previously is very strange and suspicious. The only plausible reasons I can come up with is that either they changed the artist or whatever they intend to do now is incompatible with the old assets i.e. the models are either incapable of "fitting the scenes" (unlikely, but I'm not up to date on the trello news), like the bone structures misbehaving too much (more likely) or it wasn't how they imagined everything altogether which seems even MORE unlikely. I had another possibility slip my mind, maybe I'll remember...
1) We wanted more depth and game to the game. Something that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

2) Pretty much, we wanted to hire a programmer with experience in unity so that we could make more game for our game.

The old assets were ditched for various reasons. 1) Because we were effectively making the game from the ground up again, and this required new assets (Different angles for the characters), and because Kuja felt he had improved a ton with his art since the first versions of LoK:R. For example, the first images of K were WAAAAAAY bigger than they needed to be, they were absolutely massive and took up a lot of space. So by making new assets, we could redo a lot of mistakes that were made prior with more experience.

As for the actual K remodel fiasco that happened, there were lots of complaints with how she looked, etc., so we decided to remodel her a couple times. We lost a lot of time as well for various unforeseen reasons (Like my SSD/Motherboard simultaneously frying)

Well, It's not really a version of LOK anymore. More like It uses the title while having little to do with the LOK concept or the original idea they used to promote their game on patreon. IMO the Sindoll Starfox doujinshi Is likely the closest thing tone wise to the Original LOK.
It was never meant to be a version of LoK, it is inspired by LoK, that doesn't mean it needs to be the same thing as LoK. We're making our own game based off of it.

What the hell ? all LOK games are based on the original which had nothing to do with SEX at all. They are all based on that and they can name themself LOK or something similiar if they want. There was somewhere a comment about this already btw.
Precisely.

Krystal is a furry icon.

His appearances are so full of uncertainties that they make him a very appealing character to tell stories. The big N exploits her female characters very little.
Indeed.

Man I was joking when I said it was going be a year between actual progress on this game but July is getting nearer and nearer.
This may come to you as a shock, but games require time to make. Generally a lot of time. We're not cutting corners, we're making what is effectively a very in-depth video game. It's difficult, things need to be made, rigged, and tweaked. We've had to learn how to do new things, and use new tools. Our mapper Compound had learned Blender from scratch in order to make 3D maps and objects. Gizmo created brand new tools for us to use. Ontop of that we had plenty of weird and unforeseen setbacks that caused us to lose a couple months of progress.

We're learning to make a very complex game, and that takes time. You're going to have to learn to be patient, I'm afraid.

Any of you guys know if there will be still a slave route? Also maybe a virgin option?
The slave route I don't think was ever going to be possible. It would have meant making the entire game twice. We plan on having a large slave **side quest** at some point, that can end in a game over. It'll be big, and fun.

I gotta say the game is great yet it needs to have more action. It is kinda slow and the progress is slow which can be boring. Hopefully we could a much faster sexual interacts. :)

That's one of the reasons why we're making the new game, to make the game parts actually fun. The original LoK:R had amazing sexual content, but lacked heavily in the game department.

Mayra

Apr 15, 2018
It's inspired by LoK in general, not just Gorepete's version. We want to do justice to the original content while also doing our own thing. This isn't a playshapes game.

The original LoK exists in my heart :p

It still is, and you are correct.

It is a long story of internal bullshit.

1) We wanted more depth and game to the game. Something that wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

2) Pretty much, we wanted to hire a programmer with experience in unity so that we could make more game for our game.

The old assets were ditched for various reasons. 1) Because we were effectively making the game from the ground up again, and this required new assets (Different angles for the characters), and because Kuja felt he had improved a ton with his art since the first versions of LoK:R. For example, the first images of K were WAAAAAAY bigger than they needed to be, they were absolutely massive and took up a lot of space. So by making new assets, we could redo a lot of mistakes that were made prior with more experience.

As for the actual K remodel fiasco that happened, there were lots of complaints with how she looked, etc., so we decided to remodel her a couple times. We lost a lot of time as well for various unforeseen reasons (Like my SSD/Motherboard simultaneously frying)

It was never meant to be a version of LoK, it is inspired by LoK, that doesn't mean it needs to be the same thing as LoK. We're making our own game based off of it.

Precisely.

Indeed.

This may come to you as a shock, but games require time to make. Generally a lot of time. We're not cutting corners, we're making what is effectively a very in-depth video game. It's difficult, things need to be made, rigged, and tweaked. We've had to learn how to do new things, and use new tools. Our mapper Compound had learned Blender from scratch in order to make 3D maps and objects. Gizmo created brand new tools for us to use. Ontop of that we had plenty of weird and unforeseen setbacks that caused us to lose a couple months of progress.

We're learning to make a very complex game, and that takes time. You're going to have to learn to be patient, I'm afraid.

The slave route I don't think was ever going to be possible. It would have meant making the entire game twice. We plan on having a large slave **side quest** at some point, that can end in a game over. It'll be big, and fun.

That's one of the reasons why we're making the new game, to make the game parts actually fun. The original LoK:R had amazing sexual content, but lacked heavily in the game department.
Thank you for taking your time to answer us, gotta say I love what I'm seeing in the Discord, keep it up the great work.

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Is there a more up to date walkthrough than the one in the OP? Or maybe just a list of whats possible?

The gameplay seems kinda grindy involving doing the same thing day after day to incrementally unlock content and it seems like it's all BJs and footjobs and shit that I'm not terribly interested in. I don't want to bother doing the grinding stuff if there isn't some explicit penetrative sex going on at some point.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Is there a more up to date walkthrough than the one in the OP? Or maybe just a list of whats possible?

The gameplay seems kinda grindy involving doing the same thing day after day to incrementally unlock content and it seems like it's all BJs and footjobs and shit that I'm not terribly interested in. I don't want to bother doing the grinding stuff if there isn't some explicit penetrative sex going on at some point.
There should be a cheat engine at the start of the game; use it, and you should mostly do all scenes one time, without any special grinding. The only characters that was lucky enough to screw her is Cenvir, but i also recommend the *pelt guy* which name i forgot - no penetration, but still good scenes, especially for bad girls ;)

And still waiting for the demo

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
Abelius, I think that everything you're saying (or almost everything) I exposed months ago... I was branded as crazy, XD, but it's good to know that one of the creators shares my opinion back then.

Robberbaron

Oct 8, 2017
Well Vlad... at least I hope you now understand what I achieved by putting my version together as an almost one-man-army.

What I don't get from an ethical standpoint is that you're still posting my version on the Patreon page, and a full year has already passed since you made up your minds to do the remake... :confused:

And you even set an "Updated June 2nd" on the link, lol. I know it's because you must have reuploaded the file, but anyone discovering the Patreon for the first time will have the impression you've just posted 0.8 some weeks ago, when the truth is that...:
  1. There won't be 0.9
  2. It doesn't represent the game you want to make
  3. You're getting new patrons because of my work
Now... I think of Kuja, who I still respect regardless of the drama, and I won't ask you to remove it. But it would be nice if, at least, you made abundantly clear that it's not just "old stuff", but my game which I dedicated two years of my life to make.

Seems fair to me.
Ever considered continueing old LoK 0.8 parallel to the new version? Since the demo releases soon 0.8 files could be replaced. Personally i´d support both projects. So the artwork of 0.8 wouldn´t go to waste.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonsix6969

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Well Vlad... at least I hope you now understand what I achieved by putting my version together as an almost one-man-army.

What I don't get from an ethical standpoint is that you're still posting my version on the Patreon page, and a full year has already passed since you made up your minds to do the remake... :confused:

And you even set an "Updated June 2nd" on the link, lol. I know it's because you must have reuploaded the file, but anyone discovering the Patreon for the first time will have the impression you've just posted 0.8 some weeks ago, when the truth is that...:
  1. There won't be 0.9
  2. It doesn't represent the game you want to make
  3. You're getting new patrons because of my work
Now... I think of Kuja, who I still respect regardless of the drama, and I won't ask you to remove it. But it would be nice if, at least, you made abundantly clear that it's not just "old stuff", but my game which I dedicated two years of my life to make.

Seems fair to me.
I have never once suggested that you did not do impressive work on the game, I have always stated you were a hard worker and capable of a lot.

We reuploaded the game because the link you hosted died. We've made it clear that it is an older version that is not going to be continued.

1. Of that version, no. You are correct.
2. Not totally true, we will cover the same characters and redo much of the content that previously existed.
3. I wrote all of the characters for you and much of the dialogue, Kuja made the art, and yes you coded/animated it. It was a group effort, and now it is defunct because we decided to go into a different direction.

I am fully aware of how long it took you, and that is why I wanted to keep you on the project, and made concessions to keep you on board. Your pride and this grudge against me is why you're no longer on it. You willingly left.

You're the only one propagating this 'drama', by the way. At this point I would assume you want free publicity for your project by making a ruckus. I hope you realize that all you're doing is making us both look bad.

Ever considered continueing old LoK 0.8 parallel to the new version? Since the demo releases soon 0.8 files could be replaced. Personally i´d support both projects. So the artwork of 0.8 wouldn´t go to waste.
That is impossible and pointless. The change in the art was Kuja's decision as the original artist, who felt his skills had improved.

Reactions: ViceGunman

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
I'm a late comer to this game so I missed all the drama and slow progress and whatever else was going on.

I think moving to a new game is probably a good idea because just from playing I can see the limits in the engine, the animation style of basically 2005 newgrounds videos using nothing but tweening a static image is very dated and limited. I can't begin to tell you just how disappointed I was when I realized that the animation style was literally never going to allow for a change in perspective and that even if there was more lewd content with various forms of penetration it was always going to be of the same sprite just tweened in a different position.

The game also REEKS of overreach, There is a whole intro on a space ship with promises of other systems and places to visit and interact with in a later build, only to have you leave that spaceship in 5 minutes and never see it again. That is a whole lot of work that has already been done and a HUGE amount of promised mechanics to a place that isn't really even part of the game. This sort of overreach exists in the regular meat of the game too with NPCs and areas with no current purpose but promises of future purpose while the actual content is considerably smaller. Even speaking with NPCs like the huntress lady would sound like 'hey here are all these cool ideas we have for future encounters outside the village but we haven't actually added anything to the village yet! Hope you're excited for all the content you don't have!'

Jumping to a new game should be a good opportunity to trim the project down to something more manageable, you can always expand in the future but creating a more complete vertical slice of gameplay is going to feel more rewarding for the players (and the dev team) than this current mosh of barely finished anything.

However I don't want to come accross as negative because I did find myself enjoying the core loop of gameplay and if there was more to do I would actually REALLY REALLY like it. The way everyday was basically the same but had a few changing pieces made me feel excited to see what would have changed on the next day, who would be the next person to introduce a new situation or push krystal to go further. Imagine that same core idea except instead of doing the exact same task everyday you had 5 or 6 tasks you could be doing so you picked whatever you felt like doing for the day and watched as krystal became more and more enthused by this overtly sexual society. Very cool idea that would be a huge amount of fun to play at completion.

I really hope the project continues to see some effort put into it as it's actually very promising compared to most of the games on this site, despite being so feature incomplete. I think cutting back on some of the planned content to make a more focused target and having a more variable animation system to allow for a wider range of content could easily make this game one of the best in it's class.

Reactions: 156_163_146_167

NeverKnow

Dec 21, 2017
Okay. Old dev/New dev team fights of course are interesting to watch, but i have a question. When the demo is coming out?
It was meant to be early june, then you decided to delay it because of the quality of some animations. Its 20.06 now. Still fixing the anims, or you decided to improve something else?
Cause how i've seen it - there used to be minor problems that reqiured an extra week or so, but now its up to three already.

helllover

Jun 7, 2017
I don't think whatever Abelius will say will make you appear any worse than what you do yourself. He still made the only version of the game that your patreon promises. Also you still have to prove what you are making is going to be able to match up to Abelius made product, for now the original version seems to have better looking visuals and a more solid gameplay concept.

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Okay. Old dev/New dev team fights of course are interesting to watch, but i have a question. When the demo is coming out?
It was meant to be early june, then you decided to delay it because of the quality of some animations. Its 20.06 now. Still fixing the anims, or you decided to improve something else?
Cause how i've seen it - there used to be minor problems that reqiured an extra week or so, but now its up to three already.
We asked the people whether they wanted to wait for polished animations, or have an immediate release. They said they wanted to wait, so we're waiting. Animators are polishing what they have, and we will release as soon as they are done.

I don't think whatever Abelius will say will make you appear any worse than what you do yourself. He still made the only version of the game that your patreon promises. Also you still have to prove what you are making is going to be able to match up to Abelius made product, for now the original version seems to have better looking visuals and a more solid gameplay concept.
Abelius worked with a team. You don't know the full story.

The original version is not a more solid gameplay concept as it didn't really have any gameplay beyond 1 mediocre mini-game and a bunch of boring quests (that people endlessly complained about).

The visuals had more time and were much simpler, so of course they looked more complete. Will we make something better than v0.8? Absolutely. How long will it take? I don't know. We're making something far more difficult and ambitious.

Reactions: MrCrazy123

chopolander

Dec 9, 2018
The original version is not a more solid gameplay concept as it didn't really have any gameplay beyond 1 mediocre mini-game and a bunch of boring quests (that people endlessly complained about).

The visuals had more time and were much simpler, so of course they looked more complete. Will we make something better than v0.8? Absolutely. How long will it take? I don't know. We're making something far more difficult and ambitious.
Well, that's your opinion but I don't think that the almost 2000 patreons that the game has at the moment is for are for a "future promise". I guess a lot of them will be from the cancelled game, right?

Last edited:

MightyAltroll

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2017
Well, that's your opinion but I don't think that the almost 2000 patreons that the game has at the moment is for are for a "future promise". I guess a lot of them will be from the cancelled game, right?
I grow tired of this 'canceled' bullshit. We have 2/3 teammembers from the previous iterations, using the same characters, with a similar plot. We're remaking the game with better quality in mind. It isn't canceled.

Reactions: MrCrazy123
3.60 star(s) 32 Votes