Istmo

Oct 25, 2019
After speaking to Osira in the throne room, head to the Cathederal (where you started the game). It's in the NE part of Collusia.
In there, you'll find a Jadeite Acolyte to the left. She's next to a chest. Grab the chest (contains clothes), then head straight down to some previously hidden stairs. A scene will trigger, after which you'll be able to advance the game.

Be warned, you'll only have access to the Protagonist for a bit of time, so make sure you bring plenty of supplies as once you enter the next dungeon, you won't be able to leave until it's completed.

Also bring antidotes. No, I don't care if you think it's a waste of money. Bring them.
Cathedral door is blocked by a paladin, he says nothing, no way to initiate a fight or anything to remove him from de door.

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
Cathedral door is blocked by a paladin, he says nothing, no way to initiate a fight or anything to remove him from de door.
The only thing I can think of is that you're playing on an older version, as speaking to Osira was (for some reason) not added until slightly later. Probably because it's the start of a new dungeon.

Once you enter the throne room, there should automatically trigger a scene in which Osira speaks to you. I suggest you download the latest version (first post in this thread) and see if that helps.

Quick question: do you have the Orb of Restoration? If you have, it means you reached the end of the current beta.

Reactions: Istmo

Crown98

Jul 3, 2019
Hello I need help. I can't trick any scene with Illumi when I give her Dimensional Shard (first time I give her those shard). She just take them and then nothing else.
Wiki say to give her 15 shardto trick the first scene but nothing happens.

LoneKaiser

Dec 10, 2017
Hello I need help. I can't trick any scene with Illumi when I give her Dimensional Shard (first time I give her those shard). She just take them and then nothing else.
Wiki say to give her 15 shardto trick the first scene but nothing happens.
The first time you give her shards, she just thanks you. Once you get 15, she'll reward you with money, armor or something personal. IIRC, you need to have done two renegade options to get the alternate Ilumi scene.

Istmo

Oct 25, 2019
The only thing I can think of is that you're playing on an older version, as speaking to Osira was (for some reason) not added until slightly later. Probably because it's the start of a new dungeon.

Once you enter the throne room, there should automatically trigger a scene in which Osira speaks to you. I suggest you download the latest version (first post in this thread) and see if that helps.

Quick question: do you have the Orb of Restoration? If you have, it means you reached the end of the current beta.
Yeah, I downloaded the v3.04 from the first post. The orb is in my inventory before this update since it was introduced. Perhaps its a bug? I guess I will use the ord and do the main story again, maybe that will fix my save file. Thanks.

paulz09

Mar 10, 2020
Just a question about the golden tokens I've read that you have to exit the map and re enter the field(rivulet hills) does this mean I have to search the entirety of rivulet hills? or just where you enter after exiting the world map? Also is there a way for you to know if there is a beetle Blade in the map?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Just a question about the golden tokens I've read that you have to exit the map and re enter the field(rivulet hills) does this mean I have to search the entirety of rivulet hills? or just where you enter after exiting the world map? Also is there a way for you to know if there is a beetle Blade in the map?
The guidance to search for beetles early is outdated IMO. They always appear on the same unit, and eventually you get a scholar that gives you an item that tells you when a beetle appears, and another one that increases their frequency. It's more efficient to wait until that point to farm beetles, as you'll eventually end up with an excess in the course of regular play anyway.

Reactions: paulz09

paulz09

Mar 10, 2020
The guidance to search for beetles early is outdated IMO. They always appear on the same unit, and eventually you get a scholar that gives you an item that tells you when a beetle appears, and another one that increases their frequency. It's more efficient to wait until that point to farm beetles, as you'll eventually end up with an excess in the course of regular play anyway.
Ah I see I'm worried that I would miss some quests if I do that though will that happen? Also when you say they spawn in the same unit you mean that they only spawn in the same place everytime? Like here? Rivulet_Hills_Golden_Token.png

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Ah I see I'm worried that I would miss some quests if I do that though will that happen? Also when you say they spawn in the same unit you mean that they only spawn in the same place everytime? Like here? View attachment 909841
Yes, they always spawn in the same unit. Unfortunately there's no way to know if it spawned or not before getting the item that tells you, so you just have to exit and reenter the zone and fight that same unit over and over. The random variable for checking for the spawn rolls on entering from the world map, so be sure to completely exit the zone each time. You can't run away from the mob and recheck it, for example.

It shouldn't affect any quests from my recollection, but if you follow the walkthrough and you get to a point where you can't get a collectible because you don't have enough tokens for an unlock, just run to the nearest zone and farm a couple. I was able to get enough tokens just getting a couple from each zone as I moved through the story. Of course since you have to farm the vanquisher titles you should obviously refight the token monster more than the others in each zone.

paulz09

Mar 10, 2020
Yes, they always spawn in the same unit. Unfortunately there's no way to know if it spawned or not before getting the item that tells you, so you just have to exit and reenter the zone and fight that same unit over and over. The random variable for checking for the spawn rolls on entering from the world map, so be sure to completely exit the zone each time. You can't run away from the mob and recheck it, for example.

It shouldn't affect any quests from my recollection, but if you follow the walkthrough and you get to a point where you can't get a collectible because you don't have enough tokens for an unlock, just run to the nearest zone and farm a couple. I was able to get enough tokens just getting a couple from each zone as I moved through the story. Of course since you have to farm the vanquisher titles you should obviously refight the token monster more than the others in each zone.
Ohhh well that's good to know last question though do you think it's still alright to not follow the walkthrough? Because I'm considering holding off on getting the collectibles at least until I get the items you told so it's easier to farm and then just returning to them later on in the game

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
Ohhh well that's good to know last question though do you think it's still alright to not follow the walkthrough? Because I'm considering holding off on getting the collectibles at least until I get the items you told so it's easier to farm and then just returning to them later on in the game
I think it's best to follow the walkthrough because it actually includes optimal backtracking for the items you have to go back and get. You also have to get a certain amount of things to get the unlockables to begin with so it actually increases the amount of backtracking if you don't get them because there will be some areas you only need to go through once that require a low level unlockable. I've looked at the game code and the walkthrough tracks really well with what I think would be the optimal path based on that.

EDIT: The only point where I differ from on the walkthrough is with getting vanquisher for some of the higher health monsters. There is better gear available than was initially present when the walkthrough was written so I would wait to get the Broncallo vanquisher, for example.

Reactions: paulz09
3.70 star(s) 74 Votes