paulz09

Mar 10, 2020
I think it's best to follow the walkthrough because it actually includes optimal backtracking for the items you have to go back and get. You also have to get a certain amount of things to get the unlockables to begin with so it actually increases the amount of backtracking if you don't get them because there will be some areas you only need to go through once that require a low level unlockable. I've looked at the game code and the walkthrough tracks really well with what I think would be the optimal path based on that.

EDIT: The only point where I differ from on the walkthrough is with getting vanquisher for some of the higher health monsters. There is better gear available than was initially present when the walkthrough was written so I would wait to get the Broncallo vanquisher, for example.
I see alright then I'll try to grind for the tokens thanks btw

Reactions: yoyomistro

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i hope we get more cards and other stuff too. i love the updates but i also can wait for the game to be finish as well.

fshstck

Oct 2, 2017
got around to finishing up my game save for the upcoming beta release

current encylopedia listings

44% game progress
11/11 crystals activated
26/26 quests completed
48/48 dimensional shards

41/45 cleared locations
57/58 discovered locations
9/10 treasure maps solved
42/42 properties purchased

2/2 ultima conquered
4/4 entity overcomed
31/31 legendary defeated
33/34 enemies discovered

159/161 illustrations unlocked
77/76 trading cards obtained
14/14 hen'tai discovered
24/24 art chests opened

16/16 paintings collected
11/11 pilgrimage altars visited
47/49 lost illustrations found
12/12 locked safes cracked

the entity locations are nillia woods, crimson forest, marches of despair, tijia woodland
they only show up in those zones at nighttime and you'll see a mercenary guard at the zone entrance to denote they are active
if you buy the lure in the rewards section, the mob will walk right up to you, making them much easier to find when exploring the zones

Last edited:

fshstck

Oct 2, 2017
You sure you don't mean 76/76?
no mine is one above the counter

my own save is from the very first beta - or episode 1 release (honestly I can't remember) - and I never bothered to restart from scratch
too much time farming and shit to begin again

heck... I haven't used the orb since episode 2

Reactions: yoyomistro

fshstck

Oct 2, 2017
You should be able to get those 2 illustrations, no?
I think one is in the second of the exploding towers, which was added after its release since I haven't orbed my save in a long while

not sure where I missed the other lost illustration, but might see it in another playthrough should I ever do it again

I just feel the game is not quite far enough to warrant another artist playthrough
mind you - my save was pretty much on repeat up to a point past episode 1

but I've only stuck with 2 styles up to castle warrengard arc and pretty much stuck with 1 right thereafter
I got burnt out playing the same 2 hours of content over and over

JobeStroud

Oct 3, 2017
Some cards, illustrations and scenes were changed/ replaced from Episode 1 throughout the series. Usually why my walkthrough states it is from a brand new game. AKA starting from scratch.
The reason I get the tokens is to unlock abilities to do less backtracking. You are always going to have to backtrack. It is a RPG. I don't like doing BETA walkthroughs. It is rather bothersome since shit changes hours back. Playing the game through around 100+ times so far I am tired of starting over for NON episode releases. Since the next update is a big update I will be doing a complete playthrough and update the walkthrough completely, not just added stuff. I will do this since I bet something was changed again from Episode 1 once again. Some minute thing is always changed early in the game which throws off the entire document. Like the Kythie running away from your party, when leaving the castle for the first time a knight gives you money, Dice game has a money limit. There is always some change which makes me have to play though the game again. So a 100% document will be done a few days after the update comes out.
Vanquisher titles are up to you. I just put them in there when you can get them with not too much uphill battle. You can wait for Vanquisher titles till you are lvl 99 if you want. I just put them there cause I don't like having to go back to a map if I don't have to

Last edited:

fshstck

Oct 2, 2017
Some cards, illustrations and scenes were changed/ replaced from Episode 1 throughout the series. Usually why my walkthrough states it if from a brand new game.
I just put them there cause I don't like having to go back to a map if I don't have to
yeah that's the thing

when those first betas were out up to episode 1's full release, it wasn't much to use orb to replay the 30min-1h of game time to reach the end

however now doing another playthrough gets so dull with all the map moving, cutscenes, and backtracking... it's just too much time to do a redo

I'm just sticking with my current save until I reach the next continent
then I'll do a couple more playthroughs with the other artist styles

JonRED

Jun 24, 2018
I didn't really understand what this anubis things is about. Besides that that's a long way an update doesn't came out

Reactions: castoli

MrMax

Sep 30, 2017
Why would you set a goal post if you lose hundreds of patrons the moment you reach it? (whether the finished product is good or bad) Better to string people along with vague promises and unclear deadlines.
Of course, a good developer would announce their future project alongside the finish date for the current one. But we're not dealing with that here, are we? We're dealing with a woman who accidentally struck a gold mine by commissioning art of her author-inserted character being fucked by horses and adding it to a basic rpgm game.

Feb 26, 2018
Funny thing about that is that there is a that shows people are figuring out when to support and when not to.
I'm curious what the previous highs were (Like June 18th 2018 apparently as well as December 19th 2016). I'm assuming the current spike is due to the new Shadow of Anubis comic

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
for me the story is good the artsi that do the art is also good plues we are loseing rpg's from almost everything i think now day's. i do love rpg's there fun

Zeeig

Nov 22, 2017
people complain about this game before me, but i just wanna say how i feel about it before i go back into this game after quitting it out of boredom. why is this game called legend of opala and not devons quest? or deveons redemption? it barely has anything to do with opala, shes a side character at best. honestly if they made another game, i would love if they copied off breath of fire 4, have opala the main character and sometimes switch to osira when getting to a certain point, eventually their paths line up. better than some guy so unimportant that he changes every game with any appearance you want.

If you wanna make a generic rpg maker game you can find on itch--fine, but its obvious why and how people found this and having these established characters just tagging along with no purpose and art you pick up with no context and probably just an excuse to dump all their art somewhere is just sad, maybe one day we'l play a king and have the story actually about sisters before hour 5.

honestly, feel better after that.

Reactions: Rize

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
people complain about this game before me, but i just wanna say how i feel about it before i go back into this game after quitting it out of boredom. why is this game called legend of opala and not devons quest? or deveons redemption? it barely has anything to do with opala, shes a side character at best. honestly if they made another game, i would love if they copied off breath of fire 4, have opala the main character and sometimes switch to osira when getting to a certain point, eventually their paths line up. better than some guy so unimportant that he changes every game with any appearance you want.

If you wanna make a generic rpg maker game you can find on itch--fine, but its obvious why and how people found this and having these established characters just tagging along with no purpose and art you pick up with no context and probably just an excuse to dump all their art somewhere is just sad, maybe one day we'l play a king and have the story actually about sisters before hour 5.

honestly, feel better after that.
Dude this is a series, play the other games. It's always a different male protagonist that ends up working with Opala's family. The previous games were more centered on Opala but this is like an alternate timeline focusing on a younger version of her mother. This is the 3rd Opala game, if you haven't played the others you won't get the context.

Zeeig

Nov 22, 2017
the context i meant was the illustrations you pick up and how did you miss "some guy so unimportant that he changes every game" bit? i know its a different guy with a different default name, but it seems like the games are trying to connect and have the family have this ongoing story, the hero keeps changing because he doesn't matter, he's less a main character and more of a chauffeur to the real main characters.

Reactions: Rize
3.70 star(s) 74 Votes