RPGM Legends of Fantasy: Rise of the Supreme [v1.1] [ButterflyChainsawProductions]

Noneless

Jul 27, 2017
This one seems really interesting, gonna wait some updates before trying tho

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Concept and characterization seem very promising but the coding is an utter mess. I encountered various instances of characters that I presume to be companions speaking up in conversations even though I haven't met them yet. Aside from that, the following bugs are the biggest I encountered before quitting...

Spooky Scary Skeletons: When turning in this quest for the first time it references a conversation that I hadn't seen so I reloaded. See the first time I got the Phylactery from the chest I then went through the doorway directly north which teleported me out of the dungeon. Turns out I was supposed to go back south to talk to a newly spawned skeleton. (not sure why that conversation couldn't have been scripted to trigger immediately after opening the chest or at least not put that doorway there) Then I found that the game freezes all sprites except the newly spawned skeleton until it says it's piece and finishes walking off-screen and guess where one of the other skeletons was frozen. That's right, directly in the scripted path thus blocking the way and forcing me to reload again.

Also, this and one other stupid skeleton near a chest kept locking me in place with their dialogue that triggers every time they touch me. In other words I had to keep clicking until they randomly decide to change directions. Didn't help that this one was intent on chasing me down even to the point of following me most of the way across the area map.
Capture2.PNG

Life is Strange: On the way through the Forrest of Dreams I am stopped by Yuratox for a potential adult scene but if I accept this CG gets permanently stuck in place and blocking my view outside of battle.
Capture.PNG

Entering this church causes me to spawn and consequently get stuck in this river...
capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG

After entering Widow's Peak there is no way to leave down past here regardless of what choice is made with the harpy. This is the point where I gave up.
Capture.PNG

Endri

Jan 2, 2018
So play it abit and must admit the lvl and encounters seriously need nerfing cant do any fight early without dying a lot and have to restart from saves.

Davos2

Aug 29, 2020
I never expected a Gray Fox reference in an H game. I'll wait for some bug fixes before trying though. Best of luck to the developer/developers!

May 21, 2017
The Funny part of the bug is this: Travel to the "Checkpoint forest" in the global map. Talk to the Blue haired girl blocking the way further. She will kill us for not talking to the 'Mistress'....... The death for not talking to her is already implemented but the scene where we are supposed to talk to her still hasn't......

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
The Funny part of the bug is this: Travel to the "Checkpoint forest" in the global map. Talk to the Blue haired girl blocking the way further. She will kill us for not talking to the 'Mistress'....... The death for not talking to her is already implemented but the scene where we are supposed to talk to her still hasn't......
Can we kill Blue Haired girl insteed? I don't like where we can't kill those wo threaten ud by death. I don't even found that girl yet.

May 21, 2017
Can we kill Blue Haired girl insteed? I don't like where we can't kill those wo threaten ud by death. I don't even found that girl yet.
The blue haired girl is the same girl that gives us a letter saying "The mistress" wants to talk to us when try to exit the port after resting. No we cannot kill her. She says "I can't allow you to pass until you speak to the mistress" and then the Game Over screen appears.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
The blue haired girl is the same girl that gives us a letter saying "The mistress" wants to talk to us when try to exit the port after resting. No we cannot kill her. She says "I can't allow you to pass until you speak to the mistress" and then the Game Over screen appears.
I don't like that we had a game, its better If we had the a fight with those outcome:
1) killing her if we win.
2) Raping her if we win.
Due the fact I don't like game over screen. It make me sad to not have some option against her.

Bakachiki

Feb 25, 2018
I see a bunch of art styles in the image shown here, are there multiple art styles? Would prefer just to have one, gets sort of weird.

gforsMan1

Mar 30, 2022
When I started out, all the monsters out ranked me and slaughtered me. The only way I could get experience to level up was to spam the potions given by the messanger. As long as you don't leave the port, everytime you enter a building, she will respawn and you can get more potions. After I got enough, I sold them and bought Elemental crystals from the merchant your suposed to see for the priest. Then it's grind away.
Has anyone found a use for all the drops you get from the monsters? Some you can sell, or use, but most aren't worth anything from any merchant I've found.
Gus

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Concept and characterization seem very promising but the coding is an utter mess. I encountered various instances of characters that I presume to be companions speaking up in conversations even though I haven't met them yet. Aside from that, the following bugs are the biggest I encountered before quitting...

Spooky Scary Skeletons: When turning in this quest for the first time it references a conversation that I hadn't seen so I reloaded. See the first time I got the Phylactery from the chest I then went through the doorway directly north which teleported me out of the dungeon. Turns out I was supposed to go back south to talk to a newly spawned skeleton. (not sure why that conversation couldn't have been scripted to trigger immediately after opening the chest or at least not put that doorway there) Then I found that the game freezes all sprites except the newly spawned skeleton until it says it's piece and finishes walking off-screen and guess where one of the other skeletons was frozen. That's right, directly in the scripted path thus blocking the way and forcing me to reload again.

Also, this and one other stupid skeleton near a chest kept locking me in place with their dialogue that triggers every time they touch me. In other words I had to keep clicking until they randomly decide to change directions. Didn't help that this one was intent on chasing me down even to the point of following me most of the way across the area map.
View attachment 1631428

Life is Strange: On the way through the Forrest of Dreams I am stopped by Yuratox for a potential adult scene but if I accept this CG gets permanently stuck in place and blocking my view outside of battle.
View attachment 1631427

Entering this church causes me to spawn and consequently get stuck in this river...
View attachment 1631467 View attachment 1631469

After entering Widow's Peak there is no way to leave down past here regardless of what choice is made with the harpy. This is the point where I gave up.
View attachment 1631491
So I just noticed there is a different build on the itch.io page which I presumed to be newer. This presumption seemed to be confirmed because the Widow's Peak glitch from my previous comment isn't there. Then I tested the church door teleporting into river glitch which IS still there and lead to me discovering a much more serious glitch that I hadn't encountered before. Basically an autosave feature keeps triggering and over-writing my most recent manual save with no way to disable the function that I can find.

Next thing I notice is that this build that I thought was newer actually has an older version number and now I'm just more confused.

Seriously, is there any available version that in a state that doesn't require a major over-hall of the code?

gforsMan1

Mar 30, 2022
So I just noticed there is a different build on the itch.io page which I presumed to be newer. This presumption seemed to be confirmed because the Widow's Peak glitch from my previous comment isn't there. Then I tested the church door teleporting into river glitch which IS still there and lead to me discovering a much more serious glitch that I hadn't encountered before. Basically an autosave feature keeps triggering and over-writing my most recent manual save with no way to disable the function that I can find.

Next thing I notice is that this build that I thought was newer actually has an older version number and now I'm just more confused.

Seriously, is there any available version that in a state that doesn't require a major over-hall of the code?
I think the itch.io one IS newer, several bugs I noticed were corrected. That being said, I think the developer is trying to expand the game a little to fast. There were several map transfer bugs, ie: doors that don't take you where they should, such as your church door. Another was in the Chataue ( spelling? ). Just so you know, you don't have to restart after getting trapped there. You could use the Emergency Escape item.

I also couldn't get past those skeltons. If they moved a little slower, it would be easier. I was wondering why the skeleton was stopped in the passage and you couldn't get past. Another similar situation was in the main quest. After you beat the doorman, he went to a scripted move and didn't quite make it off the map, locking you there. Needless to say, I couldn't go any further in either quest.

I agree with you about the Autosave function. I think it should save to it's own save file, or one SPECIFIC save file, so it doesn't cause that problem. I've been saving in TWO files at the same time to combat that.

There are several quest I haven't gotten very far with also.
Missing Buisness, Missing work : I searched the ruins but couldn't find a thing.
Missing Friends, Shared Misery : No clue even where to start!
Lone Survivor? : Again, searched, nothing. That's where I found Edith from the next quest.
Intense Research : Any clue on how to notice them? I looked at most of the map.
That's all 6 of my available quests.

Other things I noticed about the game.
Is there going to be a use for all the unsellable drops? Maybe an alchemist to buy them or trade them for potions or a crafting system?
You can move arround some baracades. Is this intentional?
It might be better if you kept the 'towns' unavailable until they are completely implemented. If you could somehow indicate available places visually on the map, I would really apreciate it.
Gus

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017

View attachment 1631428

View attachment 1631427

View attachment 1631467 View attachment 1631469

View attachment 1631491

I was about to say I ran into these bugs as well, it seems the entire game is a cluster bomb of bugs/glitches. Which seems surprising when the game is at V 1.1! But I don't know how long this game has been in development or if 1.1 means the game is still early in development, some devs keep running goofy version numbers, 1.1 should mean its close if not about finished.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
THere's a newer version Legends of Fantasy V. 1.5.22 but it seems no one has posted it on F95, not surprising since there's only a few pages of comments.

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
lol, can you juat join the baddies or become corrupted?. Just saying,its good to be bad.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Legend Of Fantasy [1.1] Compressed (UnTested)

Win (827 MB/ 192 MB) ,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
Legend Of Fantasy [1.1] Compressed (UnTested)

Win (827 MB/ 192 MB) :WorkUpload,Pixeldrain

Kinda a waste of time because OP is behind by quite a few updates and has been for nearly a year. itch.io has the current build.