Recommending Lesbian Protagonist Games List (My Version)

Oct 26, 2017
a pity about that, for me a single straight scene ruins a game, but that is also the reason why they are not and should not be on the list since you can't play a purely lesbian route.
I abandoned Roguelike after noticing the bashing about the female protagonist (and lesbian) addition.

CRF:SE has the same "problem" along with people who tag a VN without even speaking the language and just use the visuals. I modded the dicks and tentacles entirely out of it, removed the male rape scenes, and the story about Nano setting out to make a world where lesbians can love each other without fear of being hunted down by the church and nobility made a lot more sense after that. The noblewomen you captured and defiled also no longer required to grow a dick to procreate.

That was a long time ago though and I wouldn't be able to do it again on a newer system (and because I haven't coded in far too long, no time, no motivation).

Dec 7, 2020
The really funny part of which is that they're probably written by people far too young to have been involved in any of those struggles :ROFLMAO:
Being from a country that I consider to be fortunately open in these matters... well, the system has not imposed terrible obstacles on me or my girlfriend, really. Yes, coming out scared me in its day (in my case it turned out that it wasn't such a big deal, but I have a good family, so I'm biased), and yes, I have received some sporadic unpleasant and hurtful comments throughout my life from assholes, but in my day to day there's no terrible obstacle to overcome for us being lesbians. I think we're lucky to live today.

Obviously even in the most open Western countries the world is far from ideal, and things can still improve, but the current situation is infinitely better than the prejudices from decades ago, and sometimes online discussions seem to ignore that fact. Of course there's people who can still have it quite hard, like trans people, but things keep improving.

Another very different issue is if we talk about the parts of the world where repression really DOES continue in a very direct way, and there's little hope for things getting better, not even in the long term.

Is there some common bias/mistakes you usually spot in Yuri centered games that make you think : "yup, this game has been made by a man, who has no clue about what he's talking about?"
If we talk about strictly sexual topics, these details quickly come to my mind:

- Insistent references to lesbian sex being "very complicated", in contrast to other types of sex. Let's see, you don't need a university degree xDD.

I myself would say that being attentive to your partner's needs and your own is "complex" in the sense that empathy, communication, interest in experimenting and learning together and not always doing the same are important... but that's applicable to sex between people of any gender, unless someone understands sex in a very primitive way, like animals: ejaculating in a vagina as soon as possible to reproduce. LOL.

- A common one is not distinguishing between creaming and squirting. Although this can occur in any sexual narrative that includes a woman, not just in lesbian stories.

- Believing that the g-spot and the clitoris are the same :3 Once again, it can occur in any sexual story with women, not just lesbian.

----------

As far as characterization issues go, the absence of "butch lesbians" in a lesbian story is in no way indication that the writer isn't a girl, but I would say that the opposite, including them, is more likely a lesbian girl's idea, since it's unusual for a man to have a physical interest in them.

By "butch" I mean women with a remarkably masculine aesthetic and attitude. Years ago this was a stereotype applied to all lesbians in general, today it's nothing more than an aesthetic and an attitude like any other.

I certainly wouldn't mind more butch girls in games :3

----------

This is a VERY specific visual detail, applicable to any illustration of a girl, so it can apply to yuri art, yuri games, etc: if a girl is wearing a garment with buttons (shirt, dress, blouse, etc.), many men don't realize that men's clothing and women's clothing almost always have buttons on different sides: the buttons are on the left on women's shirts, and on the right on men's. It's like this almost always, sometimes you see exceptions, but it's not usual.

When you see art with a girl with the buttons on the right, like on a man's shirt, you already know that it was most likely drawn by a man, many of whom don't usually realize that small detail xDD. However, I think almost all of us girls know that ;)

----------

Of course it's always worth remembering the belief, which I sometimes think is widespread on this forum, that a dude can "convert" lesbians into straight girls with his "amazing" penis ^^U.

Luckily I don't think I've seen that in any game that, at least on paper, focuses on lesbian relationships and sex, just to some of the supposedly "interested" in the game asking for dudes in the game.

Last edited:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
This is a VERY specific visual detail, applicable to any illustration of a girl, so it can apply to yuri art, yuri games, etc: if a girl is wearing a garment with buttons (shirt, dress, blouse, etc.), many men don't realize that men's clothing and women's clothing almost always have buttons on different sides: the buttons are on the left on women's shirts, and on the right on men's. It's like this almost always, sometimes you see exceptions, but it's not usual.

When you see art with a girl with the buttons on the right, like on a man's shirt, you already know that it was most likely drawn by a man, many of whom don't usually realize that small detail xDD. However, I think almost all of us girls know that ;)
Your comment made me nervously check all the sprite I have in my characters folder...

• Haha
Reactions: Mistress Elizabeth

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I abandoned Roguelike after noticing the bashing about the female protagonist (and lesbian) addition.
You abandoned the game because random people were being idiots? Or does the game itself treat the female protagonist badly?
Seems a bit silly to judge and condemn a game because other people are lamenting the addition of something you like.

Dec 7, 2020
Abandoned (or paused) games are valid additions as far as I can tell from the OP so don't worry about it. :)
The problem here is that the game wasn't even released, there's just a bunch of renders, not even an unfinished first release. But I've noticed that the developer said some time ago that they're resuming development.

The renders looked really well (I liked the "realistic" look of the characters, and also the BDSM clothes), and we have confirmation that is full lesbian, so let's hope that it's eventually released xD.

Reactions: LucioLupo

Mathmath42

Nov 17, 2018
I just wanted to thank you guys for such topic.
I could enjoy some very nice game like Madam's maid (suuuuuch a shame it was so short).
I got to try a lot of other things in the list too and I'm pretty sure there's still a lot other stuff to check out! (but quite reduced as I tend to dodge a lot non-fully Yuri games)

Reactions: Shinlaw

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
This game is new, haven't tried it yet, but I think I'll do in a few days. The author says that you can go for a pure lesbian route:

https://f95zone.to/threads/ellie-confidential-v0-1-buttandhonor.145815/

It does look good, love the pubic hair lol.
It's indicating "future tags" like the addition of Lesbian. Also, it's a game of domination and I find it difficult for the character not to get involved with anything, or be forced into anything, until the lesbian tags come along. So I wouldn't say this game belongs in this thread FOR NOW (although we've discussed a lot about what belongs in this thread and what doesn't and we've never reached exact consensus and I'm not the owner of the post, so... feel free to ignore my opinion)

Shinlaw

Aug 6, 2017
So, I got desperate the other day and dug a bit deeper than usual:HideThePain:
You might've heard about Era games, they are mostly text-based and community translated. There's one on this forum - EraTohoK. By the way, fits the thread - 99% of the characters are female, but there are some random events with rape and stuff that you can avoid.

Now to my finding - . It's a trainer F on F and features some good original art, compared to other Era games. I believe you can play ugly there, but I did the love route and it is very nice. Translated pretty well too, I think it deserves a spot in "Not on F95"

Dec 7, 2020
It's indicating "future tags" like the addition of Lesbian. Also, it's a game of domination and I find it difficult for the character not to get involved with anything, or be forced into anything, until the lesbian tags come along. So I wouldn't say this game belongs in this thread FOR NOW (although we've discussed a lot about what belongs in this thread and what doesn't and we've never reached exact consensus and I'm not the owner of the post, so... feel free to ignore my opinion)
Yes, I agree, for now the lesbian route is just a promise. I haven't played yet, but I don't think there's really any sexual or romantic content of any kind yet.

I only mentioned the game because unfortunately I don't think there's much left to add to the list, and it's hard to find new games.

Let's hope it's true and that the game has a purely lesbian route ^^

Oct 26, 2017
So, I got desperate the other day and dug a bit deeper than usual:HideThePain:
You might've heard about Era games, they are mostly text-based and community translated. There's one on this forum - EraTohoK. By the way, fits the thread - 99% of the characters are female, but there are some random events with rape and stuff that you can avoid.

Now to my finding - . It's a trainer F on F and features some good original art, compared to other Era games. I believe you can play ugly there, but I did the love route and it is very nice. Translated pretty well too, I think it deserves a spot in "Not on F95"
Those are awesome if you love minimalism. Didn't know the Saki series had one though, could be fun, thanks!

Reactions: Shinlaw

Oct 26, 2017
Played . Can confirm it is 100% pure lesbian girl-girl love by default if you execute the great lovey-dovey operation (giggles a bit). The only way for it to go wrong besides killing Teru and/or having Sumire kill herself - which doesn't invalidate their love, yay lovers' suicide - is if the player buys drugs or decides to get her pregnant, which will require Sumire to grow a penis...

Virginity loss via fingering was a nice touch. Bit disappointed that (sfw) development wasn't added but modding era games isn't all that hard.

If CboyC wants to add it somehow, I don't really know where that would fit... Engine: Other, Type: 2D, Status: Abandoned (repo is archived and there's a bunch of stuff that isn't translated - doesn't really harm gameplay though, also some unimplemented features).

The filesize (130MB uncompressed) is due to the pictures. Custom fonts are about 3-4MB and not even required (I find it to look better with MS Gothic here). If you play artless, the game fits into a single 10MB F95 attachment, even with all the fonts and patches. :)