barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The whole "you're worried what it will do to you" comment is what sealed it for me.

Daisy has already told us that her name is Akira's favorite flower, and Ayane's comment to the effect of "I made sure it was something you really like" paired with "worried what it will do to you" really implies that by answering the question, we're naming Daisy.

I don't think "abortion" is a good word for it. The fetus wasn't killed. It was undone. Metaphorically speaking, the toothpaste was put back into the tube. So we have a nascent life that lost it's physical form inside a time bubble that has no end and no beginning.

Which effectively created a supernatural being that exists outside of time and space, appears to be immune to the rules of the time bubble, and is something of a wildcard in whatever the gods are planning.

And the fact that most of her appearances are keyed to sleeping with Sara or Ami makes it...interesting. I'm not sure what the implication of that is just yet, especially now that she's tied directly to Ayane.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Don't get me wrong, the date is lovely and her blushing is CUTE, but she's become this suddenly complicated girl and the whole date thing is just......too tropey to belong to her at this current time point (hell, this is the "most date" date so far imo and it's with her out of all people?). Like I don't even think she is capable of recognizing that titjob takoyaki being inappropriate, let alone dropping them on the floor wasting food on purpose? Is this the same ramen girl we know?
Here's the thing. Tsuneyo is masking.

She is coded as being on the autism spectrum -- she's very literal, she doesn't pick up on sarcasm, she has a well-defined special interest (noodles), misses subtext regularly, and we've seen that she's been masking in the past (we briefly see the real Tsuneyo at the end of the second Halloween event when she walks in on Akira and Molly).

Her father probably sheltered her to protect her, because public schools can be a harsh place for someone on the spectrum, so she's not as world wise as the other girls, but she's also probably not as naive as she plays. She came to an awfully quick assumption about what happened at Halloween for someone who projects the level of naivette she does.

So when Sensei spends the day with her, she reflects on the media she's consumed with Molly, and acts like a girl in a romance anime. She doesn't know how to act, so she's faking it. It's what she always does. We won't see the real Tsuneyo with any regularity until she feels safe to drop her mask or until she's forced to -- either because she's too exhausted to keep it up, or she's in emergency mode like she was in that Halloween event (or when Yumi was attempting to kill Nodoka, I think that was a mask-off moment as well)

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
The whole "you're worried what it will do to you" comment is what sealed it for me.

Daisy has already told us that her name is Akira's favorite flower, and Ayane's comment to the effect of "I made sure it was something you really like" paired with "worried what it will do to you" really implies that by answering the question, we're naming Daisy.
Yeah, I still think Himawari makes more sense.
Sunflowers are ever present in visuals.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Which effectively created a supernatural being that exists outside of time and space, appears to be immune to the rules of the time bubble, and is something of a wildcard in whatever the gods are planning.
Eh, maybe she just was the only available hire at the time.

1678932774567.png

• Haha
Reactions: fdsasdf_p

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
We won't see the real Tsuneyo with any regularity until she feels safe to drop her mask or until she's forced to -- either because she's too exhausted to keep it up, or she's in emergency mode like she was in that Halloween event (or when Yumi was attempting to kill Nodoka, I think that was a mask-off moment as well)
She felt pretty authentic when Sensei meet her by chance on the bridge before the date.

Reactions: crustlord12

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, I still think Himawari makes more sense.
Sunflowers are ever present in visuals.
I actually went with Sakura myself, because the narrator waxes poetic about the smell of Ami's cherry blossom shampoo during one of the trips, and later in the update when Niki took him to the scene of the accident, one of the images that showed up was of a sakura tree.

It may not be canonically right, but it is incredibly appropriate -- not that yours isn't, I think all three are very good options based on textual hints.

Eh, maybe she just was the only available hire at the time.
She definitely isn't the stillborn child, because she was never born. I assumed the stillborn child was a reference to Sekai being pregnant when she died (and I'm still fairly sure about that).

Reactions: DrFree

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
She definitely isn't the stillborn child, because she was never born.
Details. The whole dialogue is playful. Their names also color coded similarly, for what it's worth and, I think, that happy scene with this monstrosity was either in the same update as reset that erased Ayane's pregnancy, or some time after it.
I assumed the stillborn child was a reference to Sekai being pregnant when she died (and I'm still fairly sure about that).
How so? I don't think this lines up.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Details. The whole dialogue is playful. Their names also color coded similarly, for what it's worth and, I think, the scene with this monstrosity were either in the same update as reset that erased Ayane's pregnancy, or some time after it.
The scene with the Stillborn Child is Trinity III, from Chapter 1 (Halloween update, specifically).
Ayane's attempt to tell Sensei she was pregnant was prior to reset 3 (halfway point of chapter 2)

How so? I don't think this lines up.
There has to be a source for Akira's revulsion at the idea of getting someone pregnant. It's multiple degrees of magnitude beyond "doesn't want to be father," into some kind of trauma response. And there isn't really another place to pinpoint a source for that trauma but the accident.

Reactions: DrFree

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
So, nobody's really talking about it (or if they are, it's buried in DRM salt), but I think the old man is dead. Or at least was prior to the reset. Or maybe nobody's talking about it because it was obvious to everyone else.

1) Tsuneyo's reluctance to the ramen shop is unusual. Like there's something she's trying to avoid.
2) She's being morbid in the scene on the bridge, even asking (obliquely) about what will happen to her.
3) She's genuinely afraid to to go to the shop.
4) She's later called to the shop by her neighbor because of a smell.

There's nothing concrete, but I think she suspects that he's gone, and is afraid to return to the shop because that would make it real.

It also helps that she was talking about the potential for rain, and my brain IMMEDIATELY jumped to Hughes' funeral in Fullmetal Alchemist. That might have seen me down the Red Herring Trail, actually.

4.20 star(s) 292 Votes