barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
There's one of the most revealing and plot-relevant events in the entire game so far hidden behind an impossible bonus question (Mother's Milk)... and there's also a high-school-length essay about different ways of making coffee.

This game has two halves.
The whole coffee bit was peak trolling.

We know it's a reset update, we're given this absolute beast of an essay, and of course we're gonna read every word of it because we know some part of it's gonna be needed for the reset.

And then it has absolutely nothing to do with the reset.

*chef's kiss* 10/10 trolling

Duskreyn

Mar 11, 2022
Yeah, I still think Himawari makes more sense.
Sunflowers are ever present in visuals.
You don't even have to think about it too much, something I saw recently replaying, I think the most detailed test and wink is very early, (perhaps possibly added in the rework of cap1) affection event 10 of ayane, curiously titled, Name of Our Children, It happens right after an internal Akira monologue.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Glad i could inspire you, you obviously need it. Also i'll have you know i'm in the 8th grade not the 2nd. Still haven't learned the word sycophant just yet but considering how much of a cunt meanie you are i can take a wild guess.

But Akira's navel is soooooo cute though.

You must be really miserable if your life consist of playing video games you hate and then whine about it all day. Get help.

Am i supposed to know whatever that is ?
I don’t expect you to know what anything is. I honestly don’t understand how you can enjoy this game, you are unable to comprehend simple sentences.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
This new Happy event managed to tense me right up more so than the previous ones, good job.

I am not sure how serious I should be about the role of the BREEDYOURNIECE Ami in everything, or this event only makes sense by treating it merely as a gateway to the past.

She introduced herself basically as some type of fear incarnate. Thus, 今 repeatedly saying I AM YOU clicks with some Sensei's monologue, but the fact that 今 looks like big eye Ami would imply Sensei's inner fear toward Ami? (I mean the girl is yandere af so it's sensible)

And I don't think 今 only represents Sensei's fear like in a metaphorical sense, but in fact is one of the supernatural beings, or at least something super unnatural. The way she says "there are still some who wish to use you" implies she's is not one of the three gods but somehow an entity with equal footing?

Finally, the preferred name Nao she gives doesn't match her appeared name 今 in the textbox. While it's hard to discern what kanji Nao is written into, 今 literally means "present, now, today" aaaaaaaaand I don't think it's currently helpful :p

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
She introduced herself basically as some type of fear incarnate. Thus, 今 repeatedly saying I AM YOU clicks with some Sensei's monologue, but the fact that 今 looks like big eye Ami would imply Sensei's inner fear toward Ami? (I mean the girl is yandere af so it's sensible)
Akira also has a severe phobic reaction to the idea of getting someone pregnant, which is something Ami actively wants and talks about -- Ami might well be his daughter, which would literally make her an embodiment of that phobia. Also -- at the start of the game, he only thinks of her as a niece, which wouldn't trigger the phobia, but as he remembers more of his relationship with her mother, he becomes aware of that possibility, so this is a dread that builds naturally.

Last edited:

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
Yeah, I still think Himawari makes more sense.
Sunflowers are ever present in visuals.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
On the other hand, she's literally wearing a daisy
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's probably Himawari since Sel's quite the weeb, but I don't think Daisy is entirely unfounded.

If you actually think the game is "word vomit" bad and this update has nothing interesting, i really don't see a point for you to play it, let alone comment on it.

Never said that you can't, though. You have every right to think and do whatever the fuck you want. I just happen to think that your opinion is garbage.

For the record i don't think that me whining about you whining about the game is any less pointless than you whining about the game in the first place (yes this sentence makes sense). I just felt like voicing my opinion. Including the fact that complaining about the quantity of words in a fucking VN makes you a whiny little bitch.
Something can both have a mildly interesting story and be word vomit. This game absolutely leans into the word vomit.

Glad i could inspire you, you obviously need it. Also i'll have you know i'm in the 8th grade not the 2nd. Still haven't learned the word sycophant just yet but considering how much of a cunt meanie you are i can take a wild guess.
Hey mods, last I checked, the T&C here require you to be 18+

Anyway back to the game

This was actually one of the better updates in a while, and the reset event wasn't completely stupid like the last one (and thankfully the answers are super easy to lookup in the script). I hope the trend of actually plot heavy updates continue, but I imagine we'll again go back to the usual meaningless events with frankly not interesting characters in between actually interesting updates.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
So, nobody's really talking about it (or if they are, it's buried in DRM salt), but I think the old man is dead. Or at least was prior to the reset. Or maybe nobody's talking about it because it was obvious to everyone else.

1) Tsuneyo's reluctance to the ramen shop is unusual. Like there's something she's trying to avoid.
2) She's being morbid in the scene on the bridge, even asking (obliquely) about what will happen to her.
3) She's genuinely afraid to to go to the shop.
4) She's later called to the shop by her neighbor because of a smell.

There's nothing concrete, but I think she suspects that he's gone, and is afraid to return to the shop because that would make it real.

It also helps that she was talking about the potential for rain, and my brain IMMEDIATELY jumped to Hughes' funeral in Fullmetal Alchemist. That might have seen me down the Red Herring Trail, actually.
I thought of it as well, just I was expecting her reaction to be much much more acute or shaken if this is the case, but it might be a type of coping mechanism like you describe. You can still visit her at archery and Tojo's normally after the reset, so in a 4th wall breaking sense her dad is probably still kicking (same as sick Chinami fully recovered) but this probably isn't a valid proof :LOL:

4) She's later called to the shop by her neighbor because of a smell.
I just hope that it's not her dead dad that starts to smell..............
When they have this conservation I just thought the ominous shadow is some type of reset Ami, but now I can't help but relating it with Tsuenyo's dad and interpreting it the morbid way.
1678940033899.png

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. I think this update is one of the best we ever got, with a lot of stuff happening that we were eagerly waiting for.

Also i very much liked the quiz. Testing if the player paid attention to the dialogues makes for a much more enjoyable reset event than the random irrelevant things.

But eh if you don't like it no one is forcing you to play it (i hope so anyway) but coming here and being a bitch about it is not going to accomplish anything.
One of, I agree, but where it places is the question. I'm not sure it is the best overall, there were just some really good moments that still stand out from previous updates, the problem isn't a dip in quality for me.

If Sel still lurks around this forum, I want him to know that I think this game is incredible and I have supported the game in the past for YEARS, but I have stopped my support due to his combative behavior.

I get that he is really upset with the pirates, but man, the more you try to do shit, you're just gonna aggravate them and encourage leakers more and more. I feel like there's a non-insignificant amount of people that would re-support you if you just took a step back and carried on, like Caribdis does with his game and leaks (as an example).

I want to support you but the way you're going about this just turns me off from doing so
He doesn't, he stopped from the stress of watching his game get leaked in decreasing intervals from time of release.

If you actually think the game is "word vomit" bad and this update has nothing interesting, i really don't see a point for you to play it, let alone comment on it.

Never said that you can't, though. You have every right to think and do whatever the fuck you want. I just happen to think that your opinion is garbage.

For the record i don't think that me whining about you whining about the game is any less pointless than you whining about the game in the first place (yes this sentence makes sense). I just felt like voicing my opinion. Including the fact that complaining about the quantity of words in a fucking VN makes you a whiny little bitch.
A VN where the other element that usually gets looked for here, the 18+ content, is considered side content no less.

But Akira's navel is soooooo cute though.

You must be really miserable if your life consist of playing video games you hate and then whine about it all day. Get help.

Am i supposed to know whatever that is ?
It's a book, a good one, do recommend if you get the time as it is also rather long.

BlankDragon

Feb 26, 2019
Running into a weird issue. Every time Osako speaks in an event, I get the error "Sayer os is not a function or string". Does anyone know what's happening or how to fix it?

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I awaken... well i've been up for a while but i was stuck dealing with a temperamental air conditioner that decided to stop working whilst i slept, that was a headache to deal with but i finally got everything running smoothly again. Also, took forever to read the four point eight million posts since i went to bed and i ran out of reactions to give out so some folks that deserve a :unsure:, :ROFLMAO: or a (y) miss out, but i hope you magically get one in spirit.

The bit about pregnancy being a requirement wasn't meant to mean a girl has to be pregnant every time to get to the rooftop, just that we know knocking Ayane up and having the baby deleted via reset seems to have changed something about her, so pregnancy is a key, but how that key works i dunno and don't pretend to know how to take the idea further, only that that and having baby deletus occur is the only real thing that separates Ayane from Yumi and Tsuneyo.

This brings up another tick in my head to the idea that the box Maya takes to the roof is a box of baby things or at least baby related that she does a little ritual for. If her being reset crew is identical to Ayane then she lost her baby so i doubt she carries an aborted fetus to the roof, if the box is related to a baby, it's not a corpse, it's something more benign but again, i suck at theory crafting, this is just my working theory.

As for Daisy's name, i've just been calling her that cause others have and i'm pretty sure that started as a placeholder name cause of her cute girly hairpin, but i don't think that's her name. For one, every name is in japanese in the game so she'd be 'Hinagiku' which... is not very pretty. Himawari is very beautiful and there is a fuckton of sunflower imagery so that's what i went with though i can see arguments for Sakura, but the fact that we see sunflowers and Daisy so interwoven makes me think it's unlikely though. I'll be sticking with Himawari for now, that's my somewhat permanent placeholder for now.

I also wonder if Tsuneyo is like, 100% aware of resets and not bound by them but her autism and just plain comical 'everything that happens is normal' attitude would make it unlikely she'd even think to comment on it, it's normal, you don't go commenting on how normal breathing air is 50 times a day do you? She clearly pointed out the T-posing and yet was herself fine, unaffected, and left like it was no big deal so she's clearly different to at least a small degree and she's shown all sorts of insights when actually worked into a verbal shape that she could actually say something to make a listener aware what she considers normal is not what others might... maybe i suck at explaining that, i just mean that if it's normal to her, she won't comment on it, but if you are talking to her and somehow end up at a point in the conversation where she would reveal her odd knowledge because the conversation calls for it, like talking about random shit and breathing comes up and suddenly she's like "yeah, breathing is a thing most of us do, it's funny how Yasu never breathes but i guess that's normal for a marionette anyway... so want some noodles?"

If that's the case though and she is aware of resets and just considers them normal then i wonder what the foreboding she was experiencing was... dead dad might be more permanent? Fucked if i know, i leave this to the usual gang.
Running into a weird issue. Every time Osako speaks in an event, I get the error "Sayer os is not a function or string". Does anyone know what's happening or how to fix it?
The drm guy borked up the code, either stay away from Osako or replace the gui/rpy file with the one i uploaded several pages ago.

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
The bit about pregnancy being a requirement wasn't meant to mean a girl has to be pregnant every time to get to the rooftop, just that we know knocking Ayane up and having the baby deleted via reset seems to have changed something about her, so pregnancy is a key, but how that key works i dunno and don't pretend to know how to take the idea further, only that that and having baby deletus occur is the only real thing that separates Ayane from Yumi and Tsuneyo.
I'm still in favor of ami having to kill you gets you to the roof. I'm also fairly positive Ami killed Todd.
imagine what will happen to noodls when tsuneyo gets it

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Also, i gotta say, the fact Maya and Ayane waited a week in reset is kind of ridiculous... You really think they might not have given up by day 3? Day 6? It's a loooooooooong fucking time, how much longer would they wait? A month? At some point Maya would have to just accept he didn't make it to this one and given her pessemism and the fact so much weird shit has happened in this cycle, i can easily see her giving up and thinking that this was it, this was as far as he could make it this time... it's just too long... Selly should've made it like a whole day and no more, maaaaaaybe half way into a second day, that'd be fucking long but not so long as to give up hope.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Yumi and Tsuneyo are far too close to the gods of the world for it to be a coincidence that they're the only other ones in on some portion of the secret. Tsuneyo's dad having kept her isolated in a nest of far too many wires, and one of the gods taking a keen interest in corrupting Yumi, as we saw during the kiss and when she was brought back into the fold by specifically engineering the two month time jump to get her back into class ASAP. There were even multiple USERs fighting for a connection during her scene at one of the beach events - one possibly trying to stop the other from using Sensei to fuck with her more, which might have fucked with the graphics but actually gave them a bit of peace.

It's possible that the more the gods interfere with your life, the more you become awakened to the truth of the world. I wouldn't be surprised if Makoto was getting into it soon, given Bluejay and one of them ("Remember to smile") deciding her dad was going to be dead. Or Molly, because of Halloween and the use of her to provide weebnotes, especially given the intentionally suspicious timing of her bringing up time travel to Tsuneyo in this update. Or Ami, because she's an awful, boring character who needs to be rubbed in the audience's faces more and Sekai is up to no good. Then Uta at some point.

The rest of the girls (other than Yasu, who's barely even human at this point) are relatively untouched so far, I think? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want your daily dose of irony, Atlas Shrugged was written by a purported libertarian who died while on welfare. Curious.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes