barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
]lots of her "hasn't worked the way it's supposed to".
Leaving out the "since I was little" seems like a major oversight.

The way she says it, it implies that those parts of her worked fine, up until they didn't.

Either her trauma shut those parts of her down, or the medications she was put on to treat that trauma did. Most likely a combination of both.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Since Yasu "hears God and The World" in her head she'd probably be diagnosed with schizophrenia in the real world. Maybe the flashback is about that, her taking anti-halucinogic drugs.

Reactions: Riolol

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Since Yasu "hears God and The World" in her head she'd probably be diagnosed with schizophrenia in the real world. Maybe the flashback is about that, her taking anti-halucinogic drugs.
That's what makes Yasu hard to diagnose, in the real world you would just assume she is a schizophrenic who had been convinced the voices in her head were from god and the dead. Add in the sexual aspect of her cult and you would assume she was being groomed. The fact that gods are confirmed to be real in this world makes it far less simple.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Leaving out the "since I was little" seems like a major oversight.

The way she says it, it implies that those parts of her worked fine, up until they didn't.

Either her trauma shut those parts of her down, or the medications she was put on to treat that trauma did. Most likely a combination of both.
"Major oversight" seems like an exaggeration. I was using her description, not the time period.

There's also how Io implies that "trauma-less Io" still has problems:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which would make a relationship with Sensei "never work".

So, I don't think all her issues come from trauma. I also don't think it's been implied that the medications actually cause her problems either.

In otherwords: By "since I was little" she could just be trying to be vague. Io doesn't actually seem to want Sensei to know her secrets.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Yasu also talks to stuffed animals which talk back, and apparently perv on her at times when she isn't paying attention.

I'm rather excited for some Yasu lore. Something tells me it'll be quite interesting.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I'll drop some facts just to change topic to something hotter

1) Sensei starts with 10/20 class while Wakana has fer class almost full from start
2) According to Maya, something in Kumon-mi changes between hard (with Sensei) resets. She mentioned new buisnesses opened as example.
3) Psyco Ami

Do you guys see same coincedence I see? :unsure:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

1) Sensei starts with 10/20 class while Wakana has fer class almost full from start
2) According to Maya, something in Kumon-mi changes between hard (with Sensei) resets. She mentioned new buisnesses opened as example.
3) Psyco Ami

For real, though, it depends on the coincidence you're seeing. I can see a few.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

3) Psyco Ami

Why don't you say what it is so I can say I saw it?

• Haha
Reactions: rianzz and LuisD

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022

3) Psyco Ami

I see the coincedence that all these sentences are made of words containing letters.;)

• Haha
Reactions: LuisD

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
screenshot0003.png
I'm confused by this particular scene, One of Noriko's in chapter 2, usually redacted stuff is names of people but at this point in her story i thought Sekai was dead already so who's being redacted? Maya is mentioned without redaction... who else is there? Saki? No idea if she is dead and if so, when she died so i'm at a complete loss, any ideas?

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
View attachment 2706360
I'm confused by this particular scene, One of Noriko's in chapter 2, usually redacted stuff is names of people but at this point in her story i thought Sekai was dead already so who's being redacted? Maya is mentioned without redaction... who else is there? Saki? No idea if she is dead and if so, when she died so i'm at a complete loss, any ideas?
I assumed it was Maya and that her name appears "redacted" because is linked to a memory and a time Sensei is not ready to remember yet. He glitches out in that event, something that especially happens when memories are related to past Maya or Sekai. And as you said, Sekai was dead at the time so that only leaves Maya. Now, if that's not it, I have no clue.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
A question I always have is the little creepy tangent Yaus went on during The Smile, The Face.

She said a bunch of god-related ominous stuff insinuating something, then Otoha's mom called and ruined the party. During the call Yasu was unable to hear something and was looking insecure about it.
(all the while Maya being a silent observer in the background, but I'll ignore it for the moment as it probably doesn't have to mean something)

Was she only foreshadowing a phone call is coming? She did "ring a lot", and the nature of the call and the aftermath weren't pleasant, but was that all? The whole situation was just...very humanly common in comparison to how Yasu's god usually portrayed itself (i.e., FUCK GIRLS FOR ME!). The only seemingly supernatural thing at the downstream of the event chain was Spotless Mind, where Sensei received his own DRM-free care package, but I don't see how this could be connected to what Yasu said.

Unless the part where Otoha's mom not remembering her daughter telling her about the party beforehand somehow has inserted false memories involved and not just miscommunication, but still the whole thing just looks very...puny.

Not to mention afterwards Yasu couldn't hear something, presumably temporarily losing auditory connection to her god. But how, and why? Intervention of another being? Or was not Yasu under the influence of her god during those times? (we did later on learn that Yasu can be interfered by other voices)
What prompts me into thinking this way is that Yasu said something is here and not simply He, or whatever religious subjects she's been using to reference her god.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
View attachment 2706360
Maya still isn't capable of talking about her past with Sensei so I'm guessing it's her? Maybe only crucial parts gets censored

• Thinking Face

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
View attachment 2706360
My first immediate thought is [having sex] with [Maya], my apology.

I think one of the [redacted] is still referring to Maya because in context this is a direct revelation of how Maya was involved in Sensei's past, which is always a big no.

But yea, what could the first [redacted] be ? :unsure: An action that deserves censorship?

Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

3) Psyco Ami

Some coincidences I'm thinking about:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes