Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That 'my word is law' bit is sprinkled around a bit more in the game, noticed it a few times during my replay so far. Just small things like 'lying to me is bad' 'do as i tell you' 'don't argue'. I don't remember the specifics, but each one has stood out to me as "that's another grooming technique reference/clue" each time i've seen one.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That 'my word is law' bit is sprinkled around a bit more in the game, noticed it a few times during my replay so far. Just small things like 'lying to me is bad' 'do as i tell you' 'don't argue'. I don't remember the specifics, but each one has stood out to me as "that's another grooming technique reference/clue" each time i've seen one.
Yeah, it really goes to show just how effective she was at, well, what she did.

Also, it makes Sensei more or less begging Ami not to try to be like her mom, a little heartbreaking.

As Sensei puts it:
Ami is "chasing after something she doesn't want to find".

To Ami, everyone loved her mom:
Especially Sensei. What she doesn't seem to actually know, is why.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
With more of her menacing side getting revealed as the game progresses, I am starting to think perhaps Sensei’s brother Nozomu wasn’t as mentally fucked up when alive or from the beginning (as least not as fucked up as the entity now we know as HOPE).

I vaguely remember an event (can’t recall which one) hinting that Sekai was always like this, as her grooming and everything stemmed from her own original personalities and not a product of being with Nozomu.

Now with Mama’s Girl describing him as “normal” (with Ami’s hesitancy) and “next to mom, no one could ever looked good. Not his fault”, maybe Nozomu was also a kind of victim of Sekai, who tainted both Arakawa brothers.

Reactions: Riolol

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Yeah, it really goes to show just how effective she was at, well, what she did.
Yeah, i've tried a fair few times to write out how much worse she is than Akira but i always get lost in the words (trying to describe nuance using the same words leading to infinite regressions of explanation), last time i ended up settling on a rather empty summary of 'she's in a league of her own' but that felt pretty weak compared to how i feel about her.

See, they're both groomers, both are shit people, but Akira does really seem to be like a far lesser form of it, his main targets are the vulnerable midteens, easily manipulated to get into bed but also somewhat grown enough to be also somewhat making that decision for themselves. It's still pretty fucking gross and i'm not going to argue it's in any way okay, but it feel far more... common... or within the meat of a standard distribution. You're always going to have folks who prefer the barely legal/almost legal type so as gross as it is it almost seems like Akira is just your common, run of the mill sex addicted pervert.

Sekai on the other hand was a full blown, dyed in the wool groomer, targeting a literal child, warping his mind, fostering dependency, manipulating the concept of 'ok' behaviour, using him as a toy. every peek into her personality through Akira's busted flashbacks paints the very worst picture, the kind the makes your stomach turn over as you realise wtf those creepy ass words mean, the entire books behind each individual sentence... this is a kid who needs rescuing from a monster.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Yeah, i've tried a fair few times to write out how much worse she is than Akira but i always get lost in the words (trying to describe nuance using the same words leading to infinite regressions of explanation), last time i ended up settling on a rather empty summary of 'she's in a league of her own' but that felt pretty weak compared to how i feel about her.

See, they're both groomers, both are shit people, but Akira does really seem to be like a far lesser form of it, his main targets are the vulnerable midteens, easily manipulated to get into bed but also somewhat grown enough to be also somewhat making that decision for themselves. It's still pretty fucking gross and i'm not going to argue it's in any way okay, but it feel far more... common... or within the meat of a standard distribution. You're always going to have folks who prefer the barely legal/almost legal type so as gross as it is it almost seems like Akira is just your common, run of the mill sex addicted pervert.

Sekai on the other hand was a full blown, dyed in the wool groomer, targeting a literal child, warping his mind, fostering dependency, manipulating the concept of 'ok' behaviour, using him as a toy. every peek into her personality through Akira's busted flashbacks paints the very worst picture, the kind the makes your stomach turn over as you realise wtf those creepy ass words mean, the entire books behind each individual sentence... this is a kid who needs rescuing from a monster.
Well we don't actually know exactly how young Maya was when they started dating so I wouldn't be too quick to defend Akira on that aspect but there are some implications that Sekai was more abusive in nature, the "good boy" poem comes to mind.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Well we don't actually know exactly how young Maya was when they started dating so I wouldn't be too quick to defend Akira on that aspect but there are some implications that Sekai was more abusive in nature, the "good boy" poem comes to mind.
Yeah for sure, the whole Chinami in the bathtub scene also seems to add to that but... well i guess another way to explain it is i feel like Sekai is a natural born pedo groomer whereas Akira was abused into being one, it's common enough knowledge so i shouldn't need to explain how that works but the dude has a warped sense of love and how to show and receive affection and given how infantile he can become during some blackouts i reckon he's also seeking that experience of innocent childhood when/if he ends up grooming a kid. Without any information to say otherwise and some dialogue suggesting it to be the case, i would say the cycle of abuse starts with Sekai, unlike it would with, say, Sara for example, who had an abusive childhood too, if she went on to abuse Sana.

Sekai was the kind of pedo who would think "if kids didn't want to get fucked then they shouldn't be walking around being sexy all the time", whereas Akira is the kind of pedo that knows it's wrong, understands why it's wrong, but does it anyway cause sex make pee feel good. That's how it feels to me though, YMMV.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Actually, after writing that out i feel like yet again like i've gotten lost in the words, examples of examples and trying to use words that apply to both to try and explain their differences... i suck at this, really wish someone could write it out better than me, i know i've got a point and i also know i'm accurately detecting a difference between the two, but i'm just crap at putting it into clear and concise sentences.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Actually, after writing that out i feel like yet again like i've gotten lost in the words, examples of examples and trying to use words that apply to both to try and explain their differences... i suck at this, really wish someone could write it out better than me, i know i've got a point and i also know i'm accurately detecting a difference between the two, but i'm just crap at putting it into clear and concise sentences.
I disagree, I think you've put it pretty well.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I know that feeling man, for what it's worth it made sense to me.

Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
How Ami sees Sekai:
How Sensei sees Sekai:

I can agree with this.

My take on Sensei and Sekai:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
With more of her menacing side getting revealed as the game progresses, I am starting to think perhaps Sensei’s brother Nozomu wasn’t as mentally fucked up when alive or from the beginning (as least not as fucked up as the entity now we know as HOPE).

I vaguely remember an event (can’t recall which one) hinting that Sekai was always like this, as her grooming and everything stemmed from her own original personalities and not a product of being with Nozomu.

Now with Mama’s Girl describing him as “normal” (with Ami’s hesitancy) and “next to mom, no one could ever looked good. Not his fault”, maybe Nozomu was also a kind of victim of Sekai, who tainted both Arakawa brothers.
Personally, I think Sekai may have just made Sensei think his brother was an asshole, to control Sensei's thoughts and feelings more effectively.

"Your brother has been so mean to me Aki-kun, why don't you make me feel better?"

"Don't tell your big brother, or he'll get mad at you, and then we can't play anymore."

Shit like that. Nozomu could have just became a villain in Sensei's mind, due to Sekai's influence.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Sekai saying "She reminds me of me" about Nodoka spoke volumes about where her behavior stems from.

Kagitane

Feb 8, 2021
In general, since the topic of Akira's childhood has come up, I think it's worth mentioning his family. First, Akira's mother Saki. As far as we know, she didn't like him very much and I think that she most likely tried to spend as little time with him as possible, which naturally pushed him even more towards Sekai for the feeling of care and love (which she took advantage of). As for the father, he is the hero of the last game of Celebus and seems to be even more crazy than Sensei (although I didn’t play, so I don’t know for sure) and it’s quite possible that he didn’t really care about Akira either.
I won’t say anything about Nozomu - many analyzes and assumptions have already been made on him.
Summing up, I think that not only Sekai (although mostly she) but also his family is to blame for the worldview and state of Sensei.

P.S Now that I think about it, the only truly good people in his past were Nakayama's family.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes