er3z

May 14, 2022
Does anyone know what software was used to create the sprites/ background? I remember finding it but I forgot.

also, idk if there are any auxiliary software for renpy, since writing a massive 1 million word game in like 20 files seems like a massive pain in the ass, if there is such software/ a very intuitive sound design program that isn't professional, id be happy if someone helped.

(i would like to say as a joke its for a friend, but it literally is for someone else)

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Does anyone know what software was used to create the sprites/ background? I remember finding it but I forgot.

also, idk if there are any auxiliary software for renpy, since writing a massive 1 million word game in like 20 files seems like a massive pain in the ass, if there is such software/ a very intuitive sound design program that isn't professional, id be happy if someone helped.

(i would like to say as a joke its for a friend, but it literally is for someone else)
Every image in this game was created with Koikatsu.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
In general, since the topic of Akira's childhood has come up, I think it's worth mentioning his family. First, Akira's mother Saki. As far as we know, she didn't like him very much and I think that she most likely tried to spend as little time with him as possible, which naturally pushed him even more towards Sekai for the feeling of care and love (which she took advantage of). As for the father, he is the hero of the last game of Celebus and seems to be even more crazy than Sensei (although I didn’t play, so I don’t know for sure) and it’s quite possible that he didn’t really care about Akira either.
I won’t say anything about Nozomu - many analyzes and assumptions have already been made on him.
Summing up, I think that not only Sekai (although mostly she) but also his family is to blame for the worldview and state of Sensei.

P.S Now that I think about it, the only truly good people in his past were Nakayama's family.
We don't know that Saki doesn't like her son. We know that Akira THINKS she doesn't.

One common tactic used by abusers is to isolate their victims from friends and family. This is normally done well before any abuse actually begins, when the victim still fully trusts their future abuser. If there's the slightest strain in the relationship at all, an abuser will seize upon it to drive a permanent wedge between them. A teacher has the opportunity to get a LOT of information if they wanted to do this to one of their students. A teacher dating that student's brother has literally EVERY piece of ammunition possible.

Because of this, we have to take Akira's limited memories of his mother with a grain of salt. That well was very likely poisoned by Sekai so thoroughly that he's not even aware of how untrue it is.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Ohhhh just found out that apparently, there's another game that's supposed to be the prequel? How come I never saw it before lol

Kagitane

Feb 8, 2021
We don't know that Saki doesn't like her son. We know that Akira THINKS she doesn't.

One common tactic used by abusers is to isolate their victims from friends and family. This is normally done well before any abuse actually begins, when the victim still fully trusts their future abuser. If there's the slightest strain in the relationship at all, an abuser will seize upon it to drive a permanent wedge between them. A teacher has the opportunity to get a LOT of information if they wanted to do this to one of their students. A teacher dating that student's brother has literally EVERY piece of ammunition possible.

Because of this, we have to take Akira's limited memories of his mother with a grain of salt. That well was very likely poisoned by Sekai so thoroughly that he's not even aware of how untrue it is.
Disagree. It was Yasu's god who said about Akira's Mom at the Sensei's knowledge competition and, given that God always answered honestly (this is how he most likely called Akira's true age, which confused Yasu), there is no point in not believing him. I think you are too obsessed with the idea that "the source of all evil is the Sekai alone".

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Disagree. It was Yasu's god who said about Akira's Mom at the Sensei's knowledge competition and, given that God always answered honestly (this is how he most likely called Akira's true age, which confused Yasu), there is no point in not believing him. I think you are too obsessed with the idea that "the source of all evil is the Sekai alone".
Yasu's god is Akira's brother and Sekai's wife. As pointed out by someone else above, it's very likely that Nozomu became the person he did due in part to Sekai's influence -- which means he was also likely isolated from their mother be Sekai's influence.

Thank you for accidentally proving my point.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I think you are too obsessed with the idea that "the source of all evil is the Sekai alone".
That's coming across a bit harsh dude. I don't think anyone here is really saying Sekai is the Lucifer of this story without any shadow of a doubt, we're just discussing her character, known facts and interpretations of those facts, with some general theorycrafting thrown on after. Dunno if that was a language barrier thing or just a poor choice of words but that came across as overly aggressive. We're all friends here, or at least friendly.

Kagitane

Feb 8, 2021
That's coming across a bit harsh dude. I don't think anyone here is really saying Sekai is the Lucifer of this story without any shadow of a doubt, we're just discussing her character, known facts and interpretations of those facts, with some general theorycrafting thrown on after. Dunno if that was a language barrier thing or just a poor choice of words but that came across as overly aggressive. We're all friends here, or at least friendly.
Yes, I think it was a poor choice of words . Although seeing how my interlocutor interpreted my message, I'm not so sure anymore.:unsure::LOL:

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Ohhhh just found out that apparently, there's another game that's supposed to be the prequel? How come I never saw it before lol
??? There is? This is news to me
Anybody know what it's called?

The adventure of the supposed father of Akira, Yu and her mother Saki. It's a short demo with quite plain storytelling TBH, only a little bit of some fucked up stuff at the very end (like not even 1% of fucked up content in LiL)

Akira's plant-talking ability (and girl-magnet stud feature) apparently is something inherited from him, but whether any clue or lore we can fish out from the short demo is viable or not is completely up to you xD (personally I think the major purpose is to showcase how medias like VN can be used in a very different direction, so take things you learn here with a grain of salt and not like a canon prequel bible)

Last edited:

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Sekai is pretty much satan

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
The adventure of the supposed father of Akira, Yu and her mother Saki. It's a short demo with quite plain storytelling TBH, only a little bit of some fucked up stuff at the very end (like not even 1% of fucked up content in LiL)
BTW, is there direct confirmation by Selebus?

Reactions: crustlord12

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
BTW, is there direct confirmation by Selebus?
I don't think so? (I don't know is the real answer) On wiki it says "It has been continously teased on Discord and Twitter.";that's what I meant when I said don't take it too seriously :LUL:

It's just the name Yu, the name Saki, the character design of Saki have reappeared in LiL, and should be sensible enough of a basis to explore some possibilities.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, what's everyone's thoughts on Yasu's god seemingly being the one that brought Spirit Sekai into this world?:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(Unless "the one" is someone else)

Considering a few implications:

Plus other things like Spirit Sekai's angels being black, and HOPE's/Yasu's god being white, or how Yasu's god seems to want Maya while Sekai seems to hate her.

I think Yasu's god might have fucked up, and created it's own devil.

Last edited:

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
And of course Sensei inherited his "blackouts" from Yuu. We just got the confirmation that it is hereditary from Sara. As we don't get any mentions of Yuu in LiL I presume he died from it, as he had it much more seriously and Saki had to care about him. Iirc it was something like she fed him with candies and he did not even have water and electricity at home

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Oi who needs Jesus if Satan is THIS hot :LUL:. Unless Jesus is Kaori then I'll side with Kaori.
Imo, Semsei pretty match fits jesus role. Like, he is protagonist, possibly blood-related to god, kind of teaches people how to love. Nice blasphemy, isn't it?

And if you don't like htat idea, there is always

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes