DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I got to say that i have a different take on the whole Chiname bathtub scene.

What first came to mind was, if this was a test for players if they want to see Chinami nude. (Testing your morals)
Then i thought about how this situation would play out in rl.

If Chinami was your blood related daughter would there even be a choice?
Unless she turns an age where she'd just bath alone. (Because she gets aware of the whole gender thing)
(Which she is not, because Chika still bathes her and she doesn't care if Akira comes in)

Things might get different if your partner brought a kid into the relationship.
The question could come up, if you'd help your partner bathing it's kid.
Then again, Chiname already claimed Akira to be her new papa.
So even that is not a problem.

In the end i had a feeling like Sel was questioning how you'd act in that situation.
Do you think it's normal or not to go in.

And i think Sel is questioning alot throughout the game, to see how people react.
Maybe he's looking for something.
I'd agree if "sawchinami" from that bathroom scene wasn't required to ask Chika to include Chinami in the threesome later on...

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Oh yea I didn’t realize the title image of wiki is Last Supper parody with Sensei sitting in the middle (aight Akira get anointed I guess)

I think Judas’s position is taken by…Ayane, to my surprise.
(Have to double check if that’s correct by googling “Last Supper who is who”)

Edit: while this is amusing, I am not sure if any of this means more than its parody value (I mean, sure these 12 are your starting teens but what about the 8 other main girls then:whistle:)
Take that with a grain of salt. It was mentioned (by players) a long time ago, that something didn't match in the last supper picture. (I think it was about one/some girl(s) in the wrong place)
I don't know exactly if Sel agreed (i think he did), that he messed the picture up.
Could have also been that he did not want to spoil what was comming in the future. (and just went with the: theres something wrong)

Just know that there was some fuzz about it.

Kagitane was faster :giggle:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Ayane being considered Sel's daughter, yet he'd still put her as Judas or put her through things like "Prisoner", or, well, everything she's gone through in Chapter 3, kind of makes me pity her. Her dads kinda suck lmao.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Same with the "Chinamicthree" flag you get if you ask for a Threesome with Chinami. It's a flag so it'll definitely come up later.
Ok, so it became a whole thing. Maybe thats for her purity route. Which kind of seems to defile the term.

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Does anyone know Saki's maiden name then, from the prequel? Does the prequel not have the same naming convention as LiL (characters having same letter first and surname) then, since his parents are Yuu and Saki, and he is Akira?

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Another recurring theme is there being something in the attic. Earlier on, Ami mentions forgetting to clean it I think? So there is an attic in Akira/Ami's house for sure. My guess would be is that it might contain mementos of Ami's parents. This is the 1st out right mention of there being "something in the attic":
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Granted they are watching a horror movie here, so it makes sense in the context of the scene, but I noticed this phrase happening again a lot in chapter 3. I think there's also something about Nodoka and an attic, not sure.
This game is really interesting to replay - some phrases that become themes later occur sporadically early on and it's fun to catch them

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Does anyone know Saki's maiden name then, from the prequel? Does the prequel not have the same naming convention as LiL (characters having same letter first and surname) then, since his parents are Yuu and Saki, and he is Akira?
I don't think Saki or Yuu had last names.

I also think the alliteration names we know in LiL aren't actually their "Real" names though. Take Sensei's brother for example: His name is Nozomu Arakawa which doesn't fit the alliteration naming stuff like the rest.

I think, much like how Sensei heard "Sensei" instead of "Akira" from Noriko. We are just hearing/seeing the names that Sensei wants to, instead of their actual names. It's been hinted at that the gods know the girls by other names:

Another recurring theme is there being something in the attic. Earlier on, Ami mentions forgetting to clean it I think? So there is an attic in Akira/Ami's house for sure. My guess would be is that it might contain mementos of Ami's parents. This is the 1st out right mention of there being "something in the attic":
Granted they are watching a horror movie here, so it makes sense in the context of the scene, but I noticed this phrase happening again a lot in chapter 3. I think there's also something about Nodoka and an attic, not sure.
This game is really interesting to replay - some phrases that become themes later occur sporadically early on and it's fun to catch them
As for the Attic, I'm thinking it's Sekai's things.

It's been mentioned that Sensei has Sekai's things in the attic:
The door seemingly being in his room, if I recall.

Also yeah, when Nodoka is telling her lavender story, the background image says something in the attic, etc.

This game is full of stuff that come back later on or stuff you'll only really understand after replaying.

Reactions: rianzz and saerav

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
If we have Sensei as Jesus, then the meaning of “Jesus take the wheel” suddenly becomes much more complicated in this game……

So the true ending will be Akira finally overcomes the fear for cars, takes the wheel, and finally learns how to drive.

vroom vroom
Or he crashes the car, killing the parents of some other kids who later get groomed by some of the students that Sensei taught, who had now became teachers themselves.

Teacher Makoto and Teacher Nodoka take turns corrupting their traumatized students, making daddy Sensei, and grandmommy Sekai proud.

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
I also think the alliteration names we know in LiL aren't actually their "Real" names though. Take Sensei's brother for example: His name is Nozomu Arakawa which doesn't fit the alliteration naming stuff like the rest.

I think, much like how Sensei heard "Sensei" instead of "Akira" from Noriko. We are just hearing/seeing the names that Sensei wants to, instead of their actual names. It's been hinted at that the gods know the girls by other names
Neither does Sekai, yet a poor plant was killed for refusing to believe that's her real name. And that's saying with how hard is to die in Kumon mi lol. "Her damn name is on the grave" we are told or something like that, pretty sure Sel was making fun of the theory. And Nozomu's name is also on the grave so... I'll say their names just don't follow the same rules.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that an attic is mentioned in relation to the Upside Down House.
Yep, I'm beginning to think that the attic is actually alluding to a basement and the world is just upside down. I seem to recall some basement being mentioned at some point. Or something. Idk.

The upside down house stuff also seems related to Saki:
Unless she's just seemingly saying "It's upside down" upside down for some other reason.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
A little random, but I had completely forgotten that Maya was having "upside down" dreams around the beginning of the game:

I wish the characters would just take a seat one day and talk about the dreams they have sometimes. It seems like a lot of characters have sleeping issues and weird dreams but never think about talking about them.

Also even Maya's phone's wallpaper is watermelon themed. I'm still waiting for the emotional reveal on why Maya loves watermelons.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
A little random, but I had completely forgotten that Maya was having "upside down" dreams around the beginning of the game:

I wish the characters would just take a seat one day and talk about the dreams they have sometimes. It seems like a lot of characters have sleeping issues and weird dreams but never think about talking about them.

Also even Maya's phone's wallpaper is watermelon themed. I'm still waiting for the emotional reveal on why Maya loves watermelons.
Stranger dreams of Upside Down? Could just be a throw-away reference to Stranger Things.

Reactions: DeSkel15

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Um... kinda just want to say, Makoto's dad isn't dead, he isn't anything, he's functionally non-existent, from the moment the game starts he is never corporeally factualized, the only thing we have is his apparent history pre-spacewar and a short automated message about his 'death', that's it, so i kinda figure speaking about anything to do with his actual death is completely meaningless, all that matters is the message, who sent it, and it's effects... no?

Kinda weird using his 'death' as an example of observed deaths in-game given that no? I wouldn't think anything can be drawn from it to add or subtract from what actual in-game deaths are and can be.
Really late to this side conversation, but another way to look at this:

If the replay mechanic is localized to Kumon-mi, literally everyone the characters knew outside it are definitely dead from old age at this point.

There's some speculation in there. I don't think it's bad speculation, though.

I realize this is not counter to your central point, and that's partially by design - since I don't disagree. It's definitely silly to bring Makoto's father into a discussion about whether or not people can permanently die in Kumon-mi. The discussion just made me consider this bit of tangential speculation.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes