Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Alright, time to bitch about something that doesn't fuckin' matter at all.

Ok, so in the most pedantic form of petulant pickiness, i fucking hate Io's name. See, i can totally handle short names but this one has layers of annoyance built in. Any english speaker would pronounce her name 'eye' 'oh', but it's japanese so it's pronounced 'ee' 'oh', like the letter E, so yeah, E for an I but O for an O, inconsistent between translations, annoying, but that's not all, oh no, japanese has, like any language, dialectical rules built in, shorthands and phonetical shortcuts that every language ends up with cause languages suck balls, so it's not even E-O, no, the E is almost silent, almost, just enough to still contribute the sound one makes when shifting one's mouth from E to O ending up with this almost 'Yo' sound, like as in 'yo, my man, how's it hanging?', the edge of the E is basically all that's left so you get this almost femtosecond e-YO sound that my damn english tongue sucks at consistently achieving. Oh, but you say, who cares, you're reading it so inner voice doesn't have this problem? WRONG, it's still 100% there cause human brains suck!

I have this problem with every 2-vowels-only word in japanese. The damn phoneme compression is set to maximum on every single one of them.

Edit: here, click and click the little sound button to see wtf i mean if you're confused.

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Huh, dunno if I've started to have black-outs irl as well, but, replaying the game, I noticed I have some events (like the first happy event and the events that let it progress) greened out in the event tracker even though I don't remember them ever happening. Maybe it's possible to fuck over the event chain somehow by following the yumi progression and getting to the forceful kiss part too fast?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Ok, so in the most pedantic form of petulant pickiness, i fucking hate Io's name. See, i can totally handle short names but this one has layers of annoyance built in. Any english speaker would pronounce her name 'eye' 'oh', but it's japanese so it's pronounced 'ee' 'oh', like the letter E, so yeah, E for an I but O for an O, inconsistent between translations, annoying, but that's not all, oh no, japanese has, like any language, dialectical rules built in, shorthands and phonetical shortcuts that every language ends up with cause languages suck balls, so it's not even E-O, no, the E is almost silent, almost, just enough to still contribute the sound one makes when shifting one's mouth from E to O ending up with this almost 'Yo' sound, like as in 'yo, my man, how's it hanging?', the edge of the E is basically all that's left so you get this almost femtosecond e-YO sound that my damn english tongue sucks at consistently achieving. Oh, but you say, who cares, you're reading it so inner voice doesn't have this problem? WRONG, it's still 100% there cause human brains suck!

I have this problem with every 2-vowels-only word in japanese. The damn phoneme compression is set to maximum on every single one of them.
I can relate, but for a very, very, dumb reason.

My dumbass initially thought her name was Lo. Like "lo and behold", so I was reading her name as "Lo" but with a lower case, so, "lo", for hours. I even named her robot "Lo-bot."

I don't hate her name, but everytime I see it, I initially read it wrong, and then remember to hate myself, lmao. Probably my biggest "blonde moment" when it has came to this game.

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
Seems i've tracked down the issue - if you reach day 24 without triggering Not Even Me, the event No Romeo triggers, and marks Not Even Me as seen. I think it probably marked the 1st Happy event as seen too and locked me out of it. Funny, I didn't know that can happen in this game. Makes me wonder how many events I missed 1st time around

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Edit: here, click and click the little sound button to see wtf i mean if you're confused.
Hehe, I read it like that from start and had no clue it normally pronounced somehow else. Sure it was because it looks very latin.

I spell I a bit longer, but it is very close

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Seems i've tracked down the issue - if you reach day 24 without triggering Not Even Me, the event No Romeo triggers, and marks Not Even Me as seen. I think it probably marked the 1st Happy event as seen too and locked me out of it. Funny, I didn't know that can happen in this game. Makes me wonder how many events I missed 1st time around
It looks like only main events prior to "No Romeo" and "Room with clocks" affected. I can assume it is an artifact of extremly old rework (realy old, it exists in 0.11.0).

It is actualy mind blowing, because now I know how to save an extra gring slot in chapter 1 speedrun and I was sure that my previous result was mathematicaly proven to be best possible

Reactions: saerav

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021

Jokes on you, in our language it's literally pronounced as I-yo (not 'ee') so I won't really confuse it over Eye-o.
I think it still depends on one's english proficiency.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
View attachment 2712505
This outfit does things to me... why do girls in suspenders always arouse me... there's literally nothing sexual about them and no, it's not cause they highlight the shape of the boobs, suspenders do it for me on any girl from a washboard to a mommy. Suspenders and pants or suspenders and skirts... doesn't matter, the moment a girl puts suspenders on it's like walking around in nothin' but lingerie. It makes no fucking sense!
I get it. Suspenders, slacks and an unbuttoned blazer DO THINGS. They're magic on a woman. I hear it makes straight women doubt themselves, too.

Granted, I've also heard it works in reverse, so if you don't have game, get some suspenders. Just be prepared to beat off some men. Or beat them away. Your choice.

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
I sure hope this story doesn't end up being something like "Sensei crashed his car into his brothers car and he was driving Maya too so now they're both in a coma or dead" or something like that cause I'd be really disappointed and there's some vague hints that could be alluding to that but it might also be misdirection

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
It looks like only main events prior to "No Romeo" and "Room with clocks" affected. I can assume it is an artifact of extremly old rework (realy old, it exists in 0.11.0).

It is actualy mind blowing, because now I know how to save an extra gring slot in chapter 1 speedrun and I was sure that my previous result was mathematicaly proven to be best possible
I missed this message! If I managed to help a speedrun strat that's super cool, I'm glad!

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I sure hope this story doesn't end up being something like "Sensei crashed his car into his brothers car and he was driving Maya too so now they're both in a coma or dead" or something like that cause I'd be really disappointed and there's some vague hints that could be alluding to that but it might also be misdirection
At the end of the game we find out that it was, in fact, a game all along. The player was Molly.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Wouldn't really fit the established timeline, but who knows. This world could also end up being just an effed up love story Maya made up one day after school, that was about her and her friend's uncle, who is also her teacher, having a romance that transcends time, memories, and the gods.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021

I nailed her pronunciation somehow but her name still pisses me off because the image of Eeyore keeps popping up. If it’s some names like Iori then my immersion wouldn’t break every once in a while.

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes