DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
How Io wants to be seen:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How she's actually been seen:
And like this:
And also this:
This was even how an idiot (Me) once saw her:

The Word of The Day is: "Perception".

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
How Io wants to be seen:

How she's actually been seen:
And like this:
And also this:
This was even how an idiot (Me) once saw her:

The Word of The Day is: "Perception".
Pretty sure at some point in the game it says "lo and behold" and I read it is "Io and behold" and got confused for a moment.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Pretty sure at some point in the game it says "lo and behold" and I read it is "Io and behold" and got confused for a moment.
It's a little effed up that "Io" with an upper case "i", and "lo" with a lower case "L", can look more or less the same. This is why I like the line thingies on upper case "I".

To be fair though, this is the same language where Tear and Tear are spelled the same, yet are said completely different and mean completely different things. Perfection was never an option.

Reactions: Riolol

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's a little effed up that "Io" with an upper case "i", and "lo" with a lower case "L", can look more or less the same. This is why I like the line thingies on upper case "I".

To be fair though, this is the same language where Tear and Tear are spelled the same, yet are said completely different and mean completely different things. Perfection was never an option.
English is so fucked up that mistranslating it can lead to hilarious misinterpretations.

Take, for instance, "horse play" vs "pony play," "punching" vs "fisting," and "butt dial" vs "booty call"

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
English is so fucked up that mistranslating it can lead to hilarious misinterpretations.

Take, for instance, "horse play" vs "pony play," "punching" vs "fisting," and "butt dial" vs "booty call"
Thank you for reminding me of this little gem:

Also, now, I know what Pony Play is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pervyfox

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Alright, time to bitch about something that doesn't fuckin' matter at all.

Ok, so in the most pedantic form of petulant pickiness, i fucking hate Io's name. See, i can totally handle short names but this one has layers of annoyance built in. Any english speaker would pronounce her name 'eye' 'oh', but it's japanese so it's pronounced 'ee' 'oh', like the letter E, so yeah, E for an I but O for an O, inconsistent between translations, annoying, but that's not all, oh no, japanese has, like any language, dialectical rules built in, shorthands and phonetical shortcuts that every language ends up with cause languages suck balls, so it's not even E-O, no, the E is almost silent, almost, just enough to still contribute the sound one makes when shifting one's mouth from E to O ending up with this almost 'Yo' sound, like as in 'yo, my man, how's it hanging?', the edge of the E is basically all that's left so you get this almost femtosecond e-YO sound that my damn english tongue sucks at consistently achieving. Oh, but you say, who cares, you're reading it so inner voice doesn't have this problem? WRONG, it's still 100% there cause human brains suck!

I have this problem with every 2-vowels-only word in japanese. The damn phoneme compression is set to maximum on every single one of them.

Edit: here, click and click the little sound button to see wtf i mean if you're confused.
Ah speaking of pronouncing names, I think I was saying Uta's name like "Utah" in my head for a very long time before noticing and starting laughing at myself.

Reactions: Bingoogus

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
Yeah, seriously, english speakers should be the last ones to complain about phonetics lol. Other languages are pretty straightforward. In spanish we have only one letter that changes its pronunciation depending on the situation: that's the letter "C", sometimes you make it sound like "sss" and other times like "kkk"... hey wait a minute right there, that sounds familiar :unsure::eek:

Now think how many of these cases you have in english, it's a bloody mess for foreigners lol. On the other hand, english is probably the easiest language to learn in every other way, so it's all good.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Now think how many of these cases you have in english, it's a bloody mess for foreigners lol. On the other hand, english is probably the easiest language to learn in every other way, so it's all good.
English isn't a language, it's 3 languages in a trenchcoat shankinig every other language and stealing their pocket change.

Apr 16, 2023
There's an 2000s/2010s anime where a girl has a car accident and goes into a coma for years and her boyfriend sink into a depression until his best friend fucked him out of it , I have the feeling that Maya and Akira relationship was something like that (?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
There's an 2000s/2010s anime where a girl has a car accident and goes into a coma for years and her boyfriend sink into a depression until his best friend fucked him out of it , I have the feeling that Maya and Akira relationship was something like that (?

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Ah speaking of pronouncing names, I think I was saying Uta's name like "Utah" in my head for a very long time before noticing and starting laughing at myself.
Yeahh...some languages like mine pronounce that as 'U-ta' (not yu-ta)

It still depends on your native language

Reactions: rianzz

blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
English isn't a language, it's 3 languages in a trenchcoat shankinig every other language and stealing their pocket change.
Lol, to be fair, no language is "pure", spanish has a lot of arabic in there. Basically every word that starts with "al" comes from the arabs. Languages are dynamic and always changing.

Btw, before someone corrects me, I forgot about the letter "g" having two pronunciation as well and the "u" is mute at times. That's all our complexity I think.

• Red Heart
Reactions: dantarium

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
Sel you better fuckin update Imani's story or I'm gonna drop bomb some spoilers and puzzle answers in the LIL discord with my extra accounts lol

I fuckin love Imani, that's it.
Weirdly she is the only LiL character to have shown up in my dreams, scars and all.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Sel you better fuckin update Imani's story or I'm gonna drop bomb some spoilers and puzzle answers in the LIL discord with my extra accounts lol

I fuckin love Imani, that's it.
This prompted me to go through and look at all the character scenes since Chapter 3 started.

Chapter 3 has been really good about covering everyone so far. Between 25p1, when chapter 3 started, and 0.30, everyone got scenes except Touka, Ami, Kaori, and Rika. 0.31 gave those four scenes, and started a second round of scenes with new content for Nodoka and Makoto (who got about half the content in 25p2). The other half of the content in 25p2 went to Yasu, Maki, and Haruka -- who all get scenes in 0.32. Imani's last update was in 26p2, so she'll definitely be getting more content before chapter 3 ends, most likely in either 0.34 or 0.35 if he's keeping the pattern.

Reactions: DeSkel15
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes