Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
View attachment 2814153

Somehow I don't think shadows could ever possibly work like that
I'm not a fan of reading into the shadows for this game, they could mean something but they could just as easily be because KK is not the best at shadow graphics. In this specific case it looks like it's projecting a full shadow onto the bench as well as the wall as if the bench wasn't there.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Just uninstalled the game temporarily cause I need to reinstall some architectural software.

The amount of space this game occupies...bruh it's almost the same size as base game Sekiro :HideThePain:

Last edited:

CrocosaurHex

Jul 18, 2023
Attempt number two))

Hello everyone, friends. I hope someone else remembers me after almost a month since I showed you the project I'm working on. We are talking about Lessons In Love Remake. Today I'm here to share with you some updates on where I'm at right now and what I've done since the beginning of this project. I hope you are still interested in this. So, at the moment I have finished the concept phase of the whole game and would like to share with you what I have been able to do in these few months. I left a link to the screenshots, they are in this order to make it look like you are clicking on the buttons or scrolling.

P.S.1. I want to remind you not to pay attention to the inconsistency of names, titles, groups, images and all that, because for now this is just a concept and I tried to do it as soon as possible.
P.S.2. I also want to note that these screenshots do not take into account all the wishes and comments of the community that were given to me a month ago. But they will be taken into account in the future, of course. It's just that at the moment it's rather expensive to redo the layout. So I left it to the coding stage.
P.S.3. I also have a version of all these screenshots with indicators on the icons (red dots), but I will not post them here, because they are the same thing, just know that such notifications will be where there is any unviewed content, and yes , they can also be customized.
P.S.4. Please don't be intimidated by the overly glassy interface. In the working version, all this will be customizable to the point that all these effects can be turned off. For now, I've just done what I like)

That's all I've done for now. I hope you enjoy what I have done and I will be very happy if you leave any feedback. Your wishes, criticism, ideas for improvement are very valuable to me, I will definitely take all this into account. In the meantime, the concept stage is over. Next up is the development phase. Now I will gradually write the interface code and all that. I will try to put together a working alpha build as soon as possible so that the community can push the buttons and see how everything works.

Feb 14, 2022
I'm not a fan of reading into the shadows for this game, they could mean something but they could just as easily be because KK is not the best at shadow graphics. In this specific case it looks like it's projecting a full shadow onto the bench as well as the wall as if the bench wasn't there.
Well, there you have to work with static shadow solutions, it's just that Sel doesn't bother directing and staging scenes.

I will never forget the bike that hung itself in the Tsubasa scene

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Attempt number two))

Hello everyone, friends. I hope someone else remembers me after almost a month since I showed you the project I'm working on. We are talking about Lessons In Love Remake. Today I'm here to share with you some updates on where I'm at right now and what I've done since the beginning of this project. I hope you are still interested in this. So, at the moment I have finished the concept phase of the whole game and would like to share with you what I have been able to do in these few months. I left a link to the screenshots, they are in this order to make it look like you are clicking on the buttons or scrolling.
Hey, this is pretty good shit man.
I can't say much about what to improve as I don't have it "on hand" to try it out myself and for all I know the things I could complain about are already being taken into account, but if this was a mod I could download, I definitely wouldn't mind using it to replace that defunct dark theme we got.
Phone UI seems overly detailed (mainly thinking about the message notifications is the only thing I could say, rest is good.
Keep up the good work.

Reactions: CrocosaurHex

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
There are times when wonky shadows are intentional, usually a Where's Sekai incident. But yeah, this is just the bench not casting a shadow itself, because apparently Sel only rarely gives objects shadows at all.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Attempt number two))

P.S.1. I want to remind you not to pay attention to the inconsistency of names, titles, groups, images and all that, because for now this is just a concept and I tried to do it as soon as possible.
P.S.2. I also want to note that these screenshots do not take into account all the wishes and comments of the community that were given to me a month ago. But they will be taken into account in the future, of course. It's just that at the moment it's rather expensive to redo the layout. So I left it to the coding stage.
P.S.3. I also have a version of all these screenshots with indicators on the icons (red dots), but I will not post them here, because they are the same thing, just know that such notifications will be where there is any unviewed content, and yes , they can also be customized.
P.S.4. Please don't be intimidated by the overly glassy interface. In the working version, all this will be customizable to the point that all these effects can be turned off. For now, I've just done what I like)

That's all I've done for now. I hope you enjoy what I have done and I will be very happy if you leave any feedback. Your wishes, criticism, ideas for improvement are very valuable to me, I will definitely take all this into account. In the meantime, the concept stage is over. Next up is the development phase. Now I will gradually write the interface code and all that. I will try to put together a working alpha build as soon as possible so that the community can push the buttons and see how everything works.
Seems like you put some work into it. At least visually.
And that raises some questions.
What is this supposed to be in the end?

CrocosaurHex

Jul 18, 2023
Seems like you put some work into it. At least visually.
And that raises some questions.
What is this supposed to be in the end?
Ultimately it will be a separate project (not a mod). It will be written in a different engine (not python/renpy), designed to get rid of the problems of the engine on which it is currently developed. This version will run much faster, and will also allow users to download the game in parts (chapters), as well as delete already completed chapters. Also, this version will be much more convenient and user friendly, with features that are not in the original game. This is if in a nutshell

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Ultimately it will be a separate project (not a mod). It will be written in a different engine (not python/renpy), designed to get rid of the problems of the engine on which it is currently developed. This version will run much faster, and will also allow users to download the game in parts (chapters), as well as delete already completed chapters. Also, this version will be much more convenient and user friendly, with features that are not in the original game. This is if in a nutshell
If i had to guess i'd say unity (different engine).

Besides. I hope you know what you're doing. Considering Sel and what he might do and the recent developement with Illusion Soft.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Thanks to whoever recommended Dissonance around here. That was an interesting albeit short read. Should tide me over until the release tomorrow.
'Dissonance' is definitely one of the few LiL inspired games that I'm looking forward to. Good to know others like it as well.

Chiyo and Yoshi are best girls imo. Nothing like a Maya-ish Sana, and hm, I want to say Yoshi is like Rin, but she's a little hard to sum up. Homebody Rin? Idk.

Reactions: wamzzz
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes