Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023
Here's a fun little tidbit regarding Makoto's dad:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
cool find man didnt even cross my mind to even examine that dialogue there. It kind of makes me wonder if he even is dead at all?
What I mean by that is that there have been times the Gods of messing with devices/tech;

The projector w/ Maya

and Sensei receiving that photo from Uta

Though me personally I haven't seen any bible verses/quoting in the game so far or I just missed them. Though your post reminds me of a short story I read by Joyce Carol Oates; Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been? I recommend you give it a read as its pretty good. I think you'd like it.

Reactions: saerav

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
It kind of makes me wonder if he even is dead at all?
I've said it before but his being dead or not is entirely irrelevant as his existence/nonexistence is outside the city, only the city is known, what happens outside of it is a big fat unknown, we only get glimpses of it, the only thing the Miyamura's received was a message, no body, no video, nothing, just a message, with the godly 'remember to smile' attached to it, so what the massage claims is 100% unreliable when it comes to firm facts. No one should be thinking or saying anything about her actual dad, only the message should be discussed/theoried/analysed.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Here's a fun little tidbit regarding Makoto's dad:
Never thought of thinking the displayed time as bible verses, cool stuff!
I'd say it's definitely dev's intention and not coincidence, but perhaps more like a smartass ester egg rather than usable clue for theorizing things :LOL:

With the same logic I looked 23:19 that popped up in Worry Not, The Mason Jar since that event is full of “do you believe in God?” (Unless this has already been covered and I am just being Captain Pointing-out-the-obvious)
1692275149098.png
(I just google "23:19 bible", soooo not a very solid research method lol)

Numbers 23:19
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Despite trying to deliver the idea "God doesn't lie or change minds like human does", seeing "God is not human" as a start of a sentence gives me a slight shiver; the room of deliberately reading this in the malicious way. But at the end of the day this probably doesn't mean too much, just another piece of messing with you material.

Last edited:

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
View attachment 2854060
I am far too stupid to follow this most recent train of conversation. Like, i can't even offer any reactions in honesty cause i can't even keep up or make sense of shit. Really feeling my ass groove in the dunce throne today.
just done 2 playthroughs in Baldur's Gate 3 and i can't follow this thread's flow pf conversation anymore

all i can say is praise Sensei's dick, it's so big

saerav

Jun 8, 2017
I'd say it's definitely dev's intention and not coincidence, but perhaps more like a smartass ester egg rather than usable clue for theorizing things :LOL:
oh yeah, i do agree. i'm just still not 100% about it being intentional cause this game is so chock full of christian iconography at this point I feel like you could open up a random page in the bible and find something relevant :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

wmtruong

Jun 12, 2020
I'm curious if anyone else has any voices that they read the character dialogue with in their heads.

I usually read Yasu with Illya's voice from Fate/Stay Night (Stephanie Sheh)
Sana with Rem's voice from Re:Zero (Brianna Knickerbocker)
Futaba with Emilia's voice from Re:Zero (Kayli Mills)
Yumi with Ryuko's voice from Kill la Kill (Erica Mendez)
Ami with Kayano's voice from Assassination Classroom (Monical Rial)
Uta with Faris's voice from Steins;Gate (Jad Saxton)

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
I'm curious if anyone else has any voices that they read the character dialogue with in their heads.

I usually read Yasu with Illya's voice from Fate/Stay Night (Stephanie Sheh)
Sana with Rem's voice from Re:Zero (Brianna Knickerbocker)
Futaba with Emilia's voice from Re:Zero (Kayli Mills)
Yumi with Ryuko's voice from Kill la Kill (Erica Mendez)
Ami with Kayano's voice from Assassination Classroom (Monical Rial)
Uta with Faris's voice from Steins;Gate (Jad Saxton)
While the characters do have distinct voices in my head, I can't pinpoint them like that. I don't watch anime so that may be the reason.

Angra Shadow

Jun 6, 2023
Ah, sorry, I meant like, a while back someone posted the rotation for the full cast of characters, like, next update will be Ayane, Miku, Imani, then next update after that Io, Uta, Kirin or whatever since they're on a cycle. But will be impossible to find that post now.
Next update is Ayane, Uta, Futaba, Miku, Wakana and Imani. The one following that will be Halloween 4, then based on the rotation from what I've looked back on, we should be having an update with Rin, Sana, Chinami, Karin, Osako and Tsukasa, and I imagine after that would be the Christmas 4 update, and then we might have a Tsuneyo, Yumi, Otoha, Niki and Noriko update. Take this with a grain of salt though, it's just speculation.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DeSkel15 and saerav

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Ah, sorry, I meant like, a while back someone posted the rotation for the full cast of characters, like, next update will be Ayane, Miku, Imani, then next update after that Io, Uta, Kirin or whatever since they're on a cycle. But will be impossible to find that post now.
That was me. At the time, I had noticed a pattern that started in Chapter 3 where every single character got updates, and once the last characters got updates, the first characters to get updates at the start of Chapter 3 got updates again, and I posted a predictioin on what the next few updates MIGHT look like. About a week later, Selebus posted the schedule for the next two months and proved me %50 wrong. So he's not simply looping through the characters in the same order, as I'd predicted. The progress tracker (whcih I assume is what had been posted before being deleted) is the only reliable way to know what future updates will contain.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Next update is Ayane, Uta, Futaba, Miku, Wakana and Imani. The one following that will be Halloween 4, then based on the rotation from what I've looked back on, we should be having an update with Rin, Sana, Chinami, Karin, Osako and Tsukasa, and I imagine after that would be the Christmas 4 update, and then we might have a Tsuneyo, Yumi, Otoha, Niki and Noriko update. Take this with a grain of salt though, it's just speculation.
Yeah, my prediction for this next update only worked out to be about half true based on the order characters were added in the first part of Chapter 3

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

With the same logic I looked 23:19 that popped up in Worry Not, The Mason Jar since that event is full of “do you believe in God?” (Unless this has already been covered and I am just being Captain Pointing-out-the-obvious)
View attachment 2857785
(I just google "23:19 bible", soooo not a very solid research method lol)

Numbers 23:19
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Despite trying to deliver the idea "God doesn't lie or change minds like human does", seeing "God is not human" as a start of a sentence gives me a slight shiver; the room of deliberately reading this in the malicious way. But at the end of the day this probably doesn't mean too much, just another piece of messing with you material.
This reminded me that some numbers showed up with Kaori prior:

"4349". As far I can tell it's just the Angel Number thing. Could mean Kaori is an Angel thing like Sara seems to be?:

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes