DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Recently played up to the latest version. I like the writing, but I'm not a fan of the overarching narrative nor am I really intrigued by the scary events. I do not mean this in the sense that the story is not intriguing or that I want the events to be more scary though. I just genuinely prefer interacting with the girls about mundane things than I enjoy the side-plot of the resets and the gods. I understand that this is intentional and we are supposed to want to maintain the status quo to a degree in order to prevent the characters from being hurt, but I find this balancing act from sel lackluster and somewhat tedious (from a gameplay perspective. Story-wise I think it's excellent). In essence my problem is that I want a menhera chat simulator whose characters are as multi-faceted and loveable as ours, but I do not care for the apocalyptic story or religious subplot IN THE GAME simply because it is more fun to interact with the girls than it is to read through a spooky/scary event #339. As a book, or an LN, or a linear VN I think I would really be able to appreciate the story for what it is, but as a sandbox I wish I could just gut the main story and focus on our menhera cast and their daily going-ons but I'm honestly yet to find a game that does character writing to a similar degree and depth as LiL (especially in regards to all of the dialogue). If anybody knows of any games that fit the bill though id love a pm about it. Just posting this to get it off my chest though.
Honestly, I feel rather bored/tired of happy/weird events by now, I still like the actual plot and all, but everytime characters go crazy or the world start to break I'm like "I hope this ends fast".

To me, chapter 3 has been the worst so far, I'm still in the beginning of it so maybe it changes later, but so far I feel like the writting has been in a low note for a while

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
This is old, but, man, you can't be serious.

Are people here that really like Nodoka? Because the truth is that it is very difficult for me to empathize with her, because although she has some reason for what she does, her actions are too disproportionate and unjustified, rather they seem like an excuse to give free rein to her perversion.
Sekai said she was like a less pretty version of her, not a good sign.

vexx_

Dec 1, 2019
I'm installing the game fresh on a different PC, should I still be concerned with the DRM stuff?

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018

Are people here that really like Nodoka? Because the truth is that it is very difficult for me to empathize with her, because although she has some reason for what she does, her actions are too disproportionate and unjustified, rather they seem like an excuse to give free rein to her perversion.
I like Nodoka very much, she is funny and vegenful, a girl after me own heart, one of my favorite characters in this game, second only to Kirin. Hope her interest with Ami bears fruit, I'd kinda like to see a threesome with her and Ami.

Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

It's from like 4 months ago, but yeah, I was and still am "serious", lmao.

Nodoka is probably like top 5 for me. Along with Tsuneyo, Io, Noriko, and Rin. Honestly, I've gone over Nodoka and stuff related to her a few times now if you're interested:
Definitely Otoha. Like it's not even close. At least for now.

Nodoka has at least done things that are "good" for others:
  • Taken care of her mother:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Worried about and helped Otoha get some freedom:
  • Tested Sensei's dangerousness for everyone:
  • Tried to defend Futaba from Yumi, and was willing to be hurt in her stead:
    and almost was:
  • Gave Sensei an outlet:
  • Helped Rin get fingered:
  • Etc
Nodoka acts far worse than she actually is.

Even the Blackmailing Yumi stuff is understandable in my opinion, since Yumi mercilessly tormented one of the most important and nicest people in Nodoka's life for who knows how long, just because she could.

Not to say Nodoka isn't a shitty person at times. Nodoka's actual shittiness just seems unintentional:
for the most part, while Otoha simply can't help herself.

Honestly, where I'd place Nodoka overall is still up in the air though. I can see her intending to protect everyone (or at least those she cares about) from Sensei by being his outlet:
But, we'll have to wait and see what's really going on.

Nodoka is also definitely far more interesting.
I can't really hate someone for not understanding others. I can hate what they've done though.

Nodoka truly seemed to not intend nor expect to hurt Futaba with the whole book thing:
She definitely fucked up though.

I think the biggest miscalculation on her part, was underestimating just how badly Yumi fucked up Futaba. Futaba is absolutely terrified of becoming "a target again" as she put it:
Yeah, I'll have to disagree with it both being not "understandable", and a few minutes of earned suffering somehow being worse than months to years of undeserved bullying plus probably a lifetime of fear and insecurity, and a damaged body.

I'm thinking you're forgetting what Yumi has actually done. Here's some of what's actually been shown:
  • Made Futaba cry for fun:
    Who knows how many times.
  • Tried to steal Futaba's towel:
  • Has taken Futaba's books and desk hostage for no reason:
  • Pinned Futaba against a wall and threatened to kill her:
  • Etc
She even seems to be the main cause of Futaba's bulimia:
And Yumi did stuff like this for who knows how long.

Futaba seems to be so traumatized that she's absolutely terrified of being a target again:

If you still haven't came around to my point of view, then yeah, we're just going to have to agree to disagree.
To be honest, I think Nodoka is just overly demonized for whatever reason.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
View attachment 3004340

C'mon F95 Stop putting words in my mouth and quote the right user who said it! Because I want to give it a Laugh reaction instead of the Facepalm!!!! :confused::rolleyes::cautious:
Aw, the memories:
That's twice someone has quoted me saying something I didn't:

Is this what cuckolding feels like??:

• Haha
Reactions: Wardtnaci

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
View attachment 3004340

C'mon F95 Stop putting words in my mouth and quote the right user who said it! Because I want to give it a Laugh reaction instead of the Facepalm!!!! :confused::rolleyes::cautious:

Nah, this isn't F95, it's all me. I had you quoted, scrapped the reply, then replied to something else, but didn't fix the quote text.

I. Do. This. A. Lot.

Not intentionally, i'm just inattentive.

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
Honestly, I feel rather bored/tired of happy/weird events by now, I still like the actual plot and all, but everytime characters go crazy or the world start to break I'm like "I hope this ends fast".

To me, chapter 3 has been the worst so far, I'm still in the beginning of it so maybe it changes later, but so far I feel like the writting has been in a low note for a while
I honestly think that the only "tedious" event was Amy. After playing through this game a couple of times, I think that Happy events are as much important as all the others

Since Chapter two they become more cohesive and comprehensible. And they give us an actual backstory of Akira and Ami/Maya/Sekai. Albeit told in a very trippy way, mostly caused by Akira's broken mind state. His blackouts are also this - just triggers, that send his consciousness in a defense mode, so he can't really do anything, besides act like his body is used to. Sure, there are some exceptions with GOD god fuckery, like Lavender Green, but still. It's still unclear if there are actually any gods involved or is it just his delusions. For me, the mind of an utterly broken man is a very interesting topic to read.

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
She's in the "I don't care much for her" category for now.
Maybe when we get to see her not just being calculating mastermind that occasionally slips up slightly I will care about her more, which might happen in the near future, doesn't help that any scene with her is always when she's accompanied by other people so it's never really intimate/connection time and the only alone times you get is just barrages of innuendos or her going on schizo rants.

Feb 14, 2022

Well, let's say I like Nodoka. Why is it necessary to empathize because of sympathy? So there are not enough truly antagonists in the novel. I take what he give.
If only it were more clearly shown and not through a set of some metaphors and nonsense.

Kramer in "Saw" is a bad people, but very good and intersting character

I would also say a few words about how I see the future of Io, but I will not open this can of worms

Last edited:

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Ahhh this is so exhausting, I wrote a bunch of words answering a lot of you guys, but the thought of having to come back later to keep the discussion is to much for me already, so I'll just say that I disagree with deskel and that I was talking about Nodoka as a person and not as a character.

Mmm no wonder why Io is one of my favourite characters, and Wakana, I want to fucking die.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DeSkel15
Feb 14, 2022
Well, It's not necessary, And I fully agree with you, but the thing is I was really asking for Nodoka as a person and not as a character because of the old comment I cited.
Have we seen Nodoka the human? So far we see an occult creature with psychopathy.
But she takes care of her mom.

And anyway, are there many good people here? Everyone can have such a bouquet of disgust to collect. And this is what I'm talking about now about those that we know about.

Unless, of course, you are hypocritical and make corrections for the leakiness of the novel

it's noticeable about you and Io. By the way, is Io a good human?

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes