Wardtnaci

Jun 12, 2022
Speaking of Paper City, something that just came to mind is how Ayane isn't apart of the changes. She was immune to Paper City:
I believe that is the Shapeshifter's Protection of her Mom like she said during Beach Wars. I can't remember if you said it or someone else but to me it made to most sense. We still don't know if that's real Ayane who came back or if it was the Shapeshifter. She said she would never take on her mom but that might've changed after reset #5.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Looks like Sel is rolling out the new designs in order the of this list. So we should be seeing the new designs of Molly, Uta and others soon.
Revisiting this post makes me realize that we're still on the roster of "just new outfits and designs". We haven't gotten to what substantial changes mean and I am already gasping like a little bitch.

• Wow
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Dc345

May 27, 2020
Revisiting this post makes me realize that we're still on the roster of "just new outfits and designs". We haven't gotten to what substantial changes mean and I am already gasping like a little bitch.
Well Sel did say substantial "visual" changes. Which we got in Rin and Chika switching hair color and Ami's haircut which basically changed the characters most identifiable features.

AgumenticR

Sep 6, 2018
I think it just meant that some of the people that are getting new outfits/designs are changing substantially.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I believe that is the Shapeshifter's Protection of her Mom like she said during Beach Wars. I can't remember if you said it or someone else but to me it made to most sense. We still don't know if that's real Ayane who came back or if it was the Shapeshifter. She said she would never take on her mom but that might've changed after reset #5.
I did imply, awhile back, that it seemed like Ayane may have had her story changed by the Shapeshifter:
I definitely think Sekai is influencing Ami:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Albeit, unfortunately, it might be reincarnation that is the goal. It kind of seems like Sekai might be planning to become Ami. It's also possible that Sekai is the World that talked to Makoto:
And those butterfly hairpins:
Seem like something to watch out for. Overall: Sekai might have a lot more influence than we think, and she's likely only growing in power.

I do think that The Shapeshifter isn't doing what she's supposed to though:
I'm also thinking Ayane's story may have been intended to end in the woods:
Things are definitely getting interesting, albeit even the Shapeshifter seems to think this chapter will end badly:
So, things might get a little too interesting rather soon.
And it definitely seems like Ayane might have some plot armor due to that connection.

In retrospect, the Narrator which seems to be The Shapeshifter saying this:
Also makes me think, she might have done something to "make the world a better place", and these changes may have been the outcome.

Considering this same Narrator seemed to be what restored that scary Sekai then regretted it:
Yeah, I'm thinking the Shapeshifter was the Narrator talking about restoration before Sekai was apparently restored:

She seemed to quickly regret it though based off 'Neverender':
and seemed scared of Sekai towards the end of Beachmas:

The Shapeshifter also seemed to start slanting in 'Shelter':
Not entirely sure why. I am thinking the Shapeshifter has actually been the main Narrator that's not Sensei, since the beginning, now, though.

Btw, Sekai seemed to be the Narrator in 'Imaginary Veins':
The speaking from a female perspective, being called a pedophile by others, and the whole "dig me up, I miss you" stuff seems to imply it's Sekai here.

So, yeah, future Sekai stuff might be The Shapeshifter's fault. Albeit, I think HOPE may have played a part in this being possible:
HOPE may have brought Sekai back, but the Shapeshifter helped restore her. Maybe, idk. This shit is wild.

Can't wait to figure out if I'm right or I'm just fucking delusional. I'm fine with either I suppose. The Sekai-spiracy grows.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if this "better world", turns out to be something regrettable.

Reactions: Wardtnaci

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
The substantial part of the announcement may have just been to prepare people for how significant some of the changes are.

Ami, Chika, and Rin are behind "major design spoiler" walls in the Discord, while Futaba and Sana were not.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
I.. actually fail to see Futaba's changes, despite the haircut of the dead.
Did she gain weight?

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
I see no difference between this Futaba and the images on the care package bonus, it must be very subtle.
The new outfit doesn't have stripes like most of her other outfits, and I figure she wore stripes before because they're slimming. Maybe this ties into everyone seeming "healthier"?

Ern The Skáld

Game Developer
Jan 24, 2023
The only thought stuck in my mind since preview images dropped - Chika going dark (Rin's color), Rin going blonde (Chika's color). WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR THEM?! IS IT STILL POSSIBLE?! IS THAT HOW THIS NEW MAYALESS UNIVERSE IS MEANT TO BE?! EVERYONE IS HAPPY BUT AKIRA?!?!?!?!?!

1698803143231.jpeg

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
We've got a list of names this time that suspiciously looks like the names of the upside down house residents
View attachment 3049590 View attachment 3049462
So I am trying to see if I can match up who is who in the drawing we had before (forgot which event this was I saved it a long time ago sorry). This provides absolutely nothing additional to understanding what upside down house means so it's just for the mind exercises.

The only recognizable one is girl No.2 with the lavender hair, DOUBT (who has a high chance of being Yuko according to Lavender); the pink hair girl was once mentioned. No info regarding their identities was revealed. Notably of course, the name Yuko isn't on there so I am going to assume that it's an alias of one of them)

So how do I assign them?

Scenario one with its two big assumptions (that can easily be incorrect):
- The total number of the residents is 5 girls plus 1 Papa, and no more
- Entity No.6 is Balaam, Papa, and the sole male on the list (if I have to guess it would be Yuu, Akira's father, who constantly monologued about god in Nothing is Beautiful)

Since none of the first three girls have pink or lavender element in their appearance, this means Kyoko and Ai should be the girls with lavender and pink hair. And since Kyoko herself cannot be the lavender girl, Kyoko by process of elimination is the pink hair girl (despite her name being in khaki-ish brown color text). And consequently Ai, also by process of elimination, is the lavender girl aka DOUBT. By assigning the rest according to hair colors, this leads to:

1. Saki
2. Ai == DOUBT == Yuko
3. Kyoko
4. Miu
5. Reina (probably dead in the boiler room, being X out like that)
6. Papa == Balaam

However, this would lead to a conclusion where Ai == DOUBT == Yuko, but from An Excerpt From a Waterlogged Journal they sound like two separated people. Also, Saki's hair color isn't that brown (but I am very very bad at colors).

So...Scenario two with its other two big assumptions (that can still easily be incorrect):
- The total number of the residents is 5 girls plus 1 Papa, and no more
- Balaam is still a female, and Papa is a symbol of authority figure instead of hinting gender

This will open Entity No.6 back to the table, and also the chance to assign Kyoko to girl No.1 due to her name color, and also the hair color of Nodoka (kind of). This leads to:

1. Kyoko
2. DOUBT = Yuko, and consequently, Balaam the prophet
3. Ai (since none of the trio fits here)
4. Miu
5. Reina
6. Saki (I decidedly put her here because she is one of those lore characters that can be heavily censored by LiL standard)

See if anyone also wants to play match with their own premises in an uncomfortable setting :ROFLMAO:
I must have miss construed who had the lavender hair in the lavender event. I read the " Strands of lavender-colored hair, decorating the spaces between the words" line and for some reason thought it was her hair dangling down onto the pages. But now I think it makes more sense the way you have it.

Scenario 2 probably fits better. Although I'm not sure about who Balaam is as they are a male character. (But I guess that might not matter). Also its probably not a coincidence that Balaam's story takes place in chapters 22,23,24 of the book of numbers. (Yasu mentions 22,23 and 24. Plus there is all the terminal 23 stuff).
I think it might be possible there are 7 people in the house. I'm sure the number 7 was mentioned at some Point ill have to try find it (I think it was something about 7 hands?). Also there is a whole thing about making 7 altars in Balaam's story.

I guess to break it down we have 9 names/monikers total that we know are in the "upside down house"(I think Tsurumi and Kanon were just a joke/reference to something).
-Saki
-Miu
-Reina
-Kyoko
-Ai
-Yuu
-Yuko
-Balaam
-DOUBT
We get rid of DOUBT and Balaam as they will have regular names as well. You end up with 7 people.
Then I guess the only options for Balaam are Yuu or Yuko. And we think Yuko is DOUBT.

Unless Yuko is a nickname. Then we are back to 6 and Yuu is probably Balaam and my insane conspiracy theory linking of number 7 is pointless. (I have some other thoughts about who Yuko and DOUBT are if its 6 people but I cant seem to put it to writing in a coherent way so I'm giving up and leaving you with this mess)

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes