Dec 18, 2020
I have been shocked by a LOT of things here, but this tops them all. What the actual hell. This is so integral to Nodoka's character, and Yumi and Akira's relationship. If Yumi is never a victim in that scene, then her relationship with Akira is never damaged at that point, and she has no reason to bash Nodoka's face in though. I'm probably missing something.
Like, basically the whole thing is still the same. But without the lewd scene.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I have been shocked by a LOT of things here, but this tops them all. What the actual hell. This is so integral to Nodoka's character, and Yumi and Akira's relationship. If Yumi is never a victim in that scene, then her relationship with Akira is never damaged at that point, and she has no reason to bash Nodoka's face in though. I'm probably missing something.
How can I blackmail Yumi myself, so to say... to make the cannon event happen? :4Head:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
No, you dont really are missing anything. That is just the problem with those optional events. I mean just think of ayane and kirin, kirin blackmail and sexual assault ayane is optional. And still, their friendship is still over, even when this didnt happened. And lets be honest, the event when she does stand up against kirin is such a big boost in her character grow that will just be lacking if you didnt go down this route.

But of course her character will still be the same. The curse of the optional content that has and hasnt meaning. Those are real schroedingers events.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
She leaves after
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Okay, this is insane.

And still, their friendship is still over, even when this didnt happened. And lets be honest, the event when she does stand up against kirin is such a big boost in her character grow that will just be lacking if you didnt go down this route.
I never knew, this is so lame then. If their friendship is still over but without reason it just seems like things happened and we chose to block it out or something.

I'm heading straight there to watch the Yuno Yumi, (can't even write her name properly that's how shocked I am).

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I never knew, this is so lame then. If their friendship is still over but without reason it just seems like things happened and we chose to block it out or something.
Well the problem is that Sel basically just writes a linear story, not a branching one. So the overall outcome always has to be the same. I mean sure, there is some changed dialogue here and there and you will maybe miss out on additional events. But none of your choices have any affect on characters, the personas, the relationships, the main story or anything. All that always has to stay the same.

And you can call it lame, but this linear story structure helps Sel to make one update per month. Because his work is more or less always the same. In oposition to a branching story structure where those choices would matter, but end up in more and more and more content and work and timeinvestment for each update.

Personally i would prefer it if he would just remove this illusion of choice and by that avoid those weird developments like the friends Kirin and Ayane suddenly no longer hang out with each other and act like they are no longer friends for no reason.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
The first half of the scene still happens I think. The naked photo and blackmail stuff and she leaves (while still naked?) after Nodoka tells her what she wants her to do.

Also I thought it was the other way around. You get the Yumiknows flag set to true by doing the Abyss event before going to the hot springs with Chika. Which from memory basically happens if you don't go to the hot springs with her on the first available weekend. Which then seems to cause Chika to talk to Yumi about it in kind of a paranoid way or something like that. So when you get to the Nodoka part Yumi thinks that Chika would believe Nodoka about the naked photo of her and Akira so she stays not wanting to hurt Chika or their friendship in anyway.
But if its set to false she just leaves because she does not think Chika would believe Nodoka.

Or maybe I'm the one that has it backwards. I recall it being slightly counterintuitive as to what true/false flag lead to with that event.

Last edited:

Kitty Hawk

Jul 8, 2020
Wouldn't be surprised if Tsubasas's husband (Touka's father) turns out to be Chika's and Chinami's father too.
Or any other imaginable connection.
One of Chika's parents was Filipino, but the other one is Japanese.
Tsubasa taking so much interest in Chika's famliy seems strange enough, like she is feeling some kind of responsibility out of place.
I prefer the theory that Chika/Chinami's father is the same guy who is Sana/Sanabro's dad and Rin's dad as well. And Ami's "legal dad". You know who I'm talking about.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Isn't that what I said? "Abyss event before going to the hot springs"

This is probably why I remember it being confusing.
But you have to go to the hot springs before. Yumi has to know about Sensei and Chika and she learns about it when you do the hot spings event.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I prefer the theory that Chika/Chinami's father is the same guy who is Sana/Sanabro's dad and Rin's dad as well. And Ami's "legal dad". You know who I'm talking about.
Call it the: "Darth Vader" Theory. Or the: "No, I am your father." Theory.

Or maybe the: "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate." Theory.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Well the problem is that Sel basically just writes a linear story, not a branching one. So the overall outcome always has to be the same. I mean sure, there is some changed dialogue here and there and you will maybe miss out on additional events. But none of your choices have any affect on characters, the personas, the relationships, the main story or anything. All that always has to stay the same.

And you can call it lame, but this linear story structure helps Sel to make one update per month. Because his work is more or less always the same. In oposition to a branching story structure where those choices would matter, but end up in more and more and more content and work and timeinvestment for each update.

No, I'm not calling linear storytelling lame, in actual fact I'd much rather prefer if this was all linear, because his optional routes suck. For a story of this complexity to have branching paths is just too much, and he's nowhere near the level of design necessary to pull this off. He's a very good writer, but his design is, well, bad.

Anyway seeing this just cemented my belief that there is one true way to play this game, which is by playing the story Selebus wants to tell (the one with all the events). And he should probably just tell that one instead of wasting time with this crap. Cause even thematically, let's face it, Akira never had a choice and if this is ours I'd rather not have it either.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 292 Votes