Aug 20, 2021
I despise Osako so much
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
FUCK Osako. Dude has been in a coma for two months, time to kick him for two hours to get my anger out on someone that did nothing wrong to me (while saying it's for his good), and proceed to have him solve my relationship problems cause I'm a piece of shit that can't talk to my girlfriend about them, and then go on to ignore everything he's saying, make light of his sexual abuse and worsen his situation.

Again, fuck Osako. Akira has been nothing but a good person to her and Wakana, he does not deserve this. Should have gone with his inhibitions and told her to fuck herself and never saved the number.

Edit: Also, update Akira's status to God-Fucker now:
Wow what a coincidence! I’m also on the Osako hate train. I wonder how many passengers we can get on this mf…

Crazy ass thought/fantasy I’ve always had, but what if one of the gods granted Akira some deus ex machina ass ability where he suddenly became exceptional at martial arts? Then one day he just challenges Osako to a spar, and of course she mocks him and thinks nothing of it. But then he beats her in spectacular fashion.

And Akira’s just like, “Oh, I’ve been better than you this whole time. It’s just been fun messing with you.”

Which of course would crush Osako’s confidence, because to her it’s like, “I can take your girlfriend and your job”. This loss of confidence would then spiral into more potential arguments with Wakana at home and eventually… maybe even an opening.

I dunno, though. The whole ‘gods giving Akira the ability to whoop Osako’s ass’ thing may sound ridiculous to you. I just wanna see her put in her place for once, ight?

Oct 1, 2023
Wow what a coincidence! I’m also on the Osako hate train. I wonder how many passengers we can get on this mf…

Crazy ass thought/fantasy I’ve always had, but what if one of the gods granted Akira some deus ex machina ass ability where he suddenly became exceptional at martial arts? Then one day he just challenges Osako to a spar, and of course she mocks him and thinks nothing of it. But then he beats her in spectacular fashion.

And Akira’s just like, “Oh, I’ve been better than you this whole time. It’s just been fun messing with you.”

Which of course would crush Osako’s confidence, because to her it’s like, “I can take your girlfriend and your job”. This loss of confidence would then spiral into more potential arguments with Wakana at home and eventually… maybe even an opening.

I dunno, though. The whole ‘gods giving Akira the ability to whoop Osako’s ass’ thing may sound ridiculous to you. I just wanna see her put in her place for once, ight?
I also want to put her in her place

her place is hell btw we should put her there and never let her out

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021

... this is perhaps the best idea you've had yet ...
... I am completely on train with it ...

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I was rewatching the conversation between Karin and Akira after the karaoke. I know we have all said something about how Karin didn't deserve what happened and how Pareidolia is a piece of shit. But I don't recall if we have said enough about how Akira has grown.

Finally, and I think this exemplifies his growth a lot, Akira comes as clean as he could without sounding insane and gives her an out like he's never given anyone else:
He really explains stuff and gives her closure, it's amazing now that I'm rewatching it after replaying the game from start to current update. Old Akira would never have been able to do anything like this, or even cared to.

Then they say a lot of stuff and Karin goes:
And the first time I read this I was really sad. But now I feel strangely proud. See, yes, he's nothing like the image that Karin had, but that image was her fault sort of. Akira was never that and he was never going to be that. Evidence was all around her and she chose not to see.

However, the Akira that we see in this conversation is WAY more than the man he was. He could have easily manipulated her and given her the answers she wanted, and yet he gives it to her straight and leaves the option for her just to be done with him. Actual growth.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Edit: Also, update Akira's status to God-Fucker now:
A little late, but the implication of him having sex with Gossamer is interesting.

I have a few theories about Gossamer the God of Torment, but mostly just that it's related to Sekai:

Similar could be said for most of the rest of the new gods, as they seem to have something related to Sekai about them. Floral being the 1008th God and Jesus being the 43rd:
Also seems comparable to an atheist joke in a way, which seems to fit Sekai's implied views on gods:

Overall: It makes me wonder if Sensei's fucking a part of Sekai in his dreams, nowadays.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
A little late, but the implication of him having sex with Gossamer is interesting.

I have a few theories about Gossamer the God of Torment, but mostly just that it's related to Sekai:

Similar could be said for most of the rest of the new gods, as they seem to have something related to Sekai about them. Floral being the 1008th God and Jesus being the 43rd:
Also seems comparable to an atheist joke in a way, which seems to fit Sekai's implied views on gods:

Overall: It makes me wonder if Sensei's fucking a part of Sekai in his dreams, nowadays.
It could be very well be Sekai - but the question is, which Sekai? (cause so far I've noticed possibly about 4 of them lol) Thing is a lot has been revealed in chapter 4 so far, but it's almost always in a nonchalant manner, like if you blink it you'll miss it. And then even if you realise it, you'd have to replay everything once again with that info.

For instance, this could confirm that Sekai was working with Pareidolia, and yet chose to stand against him and disregarded the ninth god. It's all around the "for us to return to form".

Another thing is the "what's in your pocket", which apparently has always been a photo of Ami in a field of sunflowers.

And then there's the possible reveal that it was Sekai that has always been the one following him and the hands on his shoulders (which is huge for replay value, cause that is referenced a lot in chapter 1 and 2).

possibly referencing Sekai always following him
Then an explicit reference to Sekai putting hands on his shoulders.
also the Sekai that was implanted into Kaori, and that possibly has attacked Wires or helped free him (which then he crawls out during Tsuneyo's possession)

Then there's either Sekai or Ami referencing deals with HOPE or Pareidolia. This could be either one as it's written by Sekai, but it plays as Maya's opening her door and after Ami hurt Akira.

All in all, we're missing some sort of way to separate the different Sekais (if that's even a thing). But if we're to take these revelations as the norm, maybe it's all pretty obvious and simpler than we thought anyway - cause I mean, "someone is following Akira", well the most obvious conclusion would be the very person that caused his life to become like this and has been referenced at every opportunity before her name was even revealed. And it seems like it was the case all along.

gonna need a third replay to make sure though ugh

edit: In retrospect, one of these Sekais could be the ultimate player in all of this, going around all of the gods in order to achieve her objective - whatever that is. It doesn't seem that Nao-chan was sent by her though... which is curious, cause that would point to even another faction that is trying to protect Akira from either the gods or even from her.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I know I give Otoha a lot of shit (deserved btw), but man, give it to Io to manage to make even Otoha look good, my god

On a roll, Io managed to insult Chika, be homophobic, insult Rin, and just be Io in general I guess. Gotta agree with Otoha on this, and while this does not lessen what Nodoka did to Io later (in terms of being horrible), it does lessen a lot of any sympathy I might have had for Io.

"A person that suffers from depression and cuts herself? That's just hilarious!" - yeah, don't count on me to ask if you're okay when some weirdo suggests you may have been abused in public. I'd still disapprove of Nodoka's actions, but fuck Io too. Whatever the hell did Rin even do to you? This dialogue might have made me go from general pity about Io to seeing how she can be really disgusting.

Aug 20, 2021
I know I give Otoha a lot of shit (deserved btw), but man, give it to Io to manage to make even Otoha look good, my god

On a roll, Io managed to insult Chika, be homophobic, insult Rin, and just be Io in general I guess. Gotta agree with Otoha on this, and while this does not lessen what Nodoka did to Io later (in terms of being horrible), it does lessen a lot of any sympathy I might have had for Io.

"A person that suffers from depression and cuts herself? That's just hilarious!" - yeah, don't count on me to ask if you're okay when some weirdo suggests you may have been abused in public. I'd still disapprove of Nodoka's actions, but fuck Io too. Whatever the hell did Rin even do to you? This dialogue might have made me go from general pity about Io to seeing how she can be really disgusting.
It’s fine. My queen didn’t mean it.

IMG_4897.png

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

Interestingly, Io apparently does not have depression:
She simply seems to have a problem with depression itself or at least the idea of it, and ironically, it's something she couldn't understand due to not having it. (Which is similar to what she tells Nodoka later)

Io definitely has a problem with Women, though. She's literally misogynistic. That's kind of why Nodoka predicted the mom stuff so easily. It's the logical conclusion.

Since Rin and Chika are girls, that's enough reason for her to hate them for existing.

Io's problem with most is simply because they don't have a dick. She sees Otoha as barely even a girl though:
Hence actually talking to her, and she originally thought Uta was a boy hence why they are friends at all. Yuki and Yumi both probably fit into the "barely even a girl" category to Io.

Edit: Miku as well.

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
I recently finished my first playthrough of this wonderful game, and after going through the last few weeks of this thread I'm excited to join the discussion.
For instance, this could confirm that Sekai was working with Pareidolia, and yet chose to stand against him and disregarded the ninth god. It's all around the "for us to return to form".

I think Himawari is the narrator here, not Sekai. The hidden fourth music option for the scene is gated by Ayane's affection, we know Himawari is/was involved with Pareidolia, and I think she's established that she's some sort of independent underling of the gods but would be willing to disregard them in order to help Sensei.

I'm not sure how to interpret "the two of US return to form," but the particular emphasis on US makes me think it has a more complex meaning than just "the speaker and Sensei." It's also worth noting that when Ami uses the phrase earlier in the chapter, a HimawariCo label is seen on the plant:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I recently finished my first playthrough of this wonderful game, and after going through the last few weeks of this thread I'm excited to join the discussion.

I think Himawari is the narrator here, not Sekai. The hidden fourth music option for the scene is gated by Ayane's affection, we know Himawari is/was involved with Pareidolia, and I think she's established that she's some sort of independent underling of the gods but would be willing to disregard them in order to help Sensei.

I'm not sure how to interpret "the two of US return to form," but the particular emphasis on US makes me think it has a more complex meaning than just "the speaker and Sensei." It's also worth noting that when Ami uses the phrase earlier in the chapter, a HimawariCo label is seen on the plant:
First of all, welcome. Secondly, I'd prefer for it to be Himawari, that was my first assumption when rewarching the event - it's the return to form that I have problem with I guess.

Sekai's return seems to be one of the longest and most important arcs in the game. I'm unsure who else's return to form would it be, especially because it's said that Akira wants it with that exact expression.

For the sake of argument, it could Maya's prime return to form. This is one for the wild theory corner right next to the identity of so many narrators since some of them seem to speak from the future, and some from the present.

A boring answer would be the return to form for both Ami and Akira (which seems to be happening in update 0.40), or even that Ami is one of the narrators (less boring) - which is also a theory, be it the Mega Ami, or even her being the world itself since it seems that Ami being left alone in a doomed world is a common theme.

Of course a problem with all of that is that the narrator that stops the auto-mode says that "wires can only take you so far" or something. And I can't remember anyone else other than Sekai being involved with Wires in a way that would invoke that comment.

If I recall correctly, Sekai's return seems to have been an effort started by Wires with the recovery of Akira's memories (she shows up as a shadow during the flashback). But then her actual return happens during summer (in which she seems to have saved Akira), and is only in spring that she's showing up all the time.

And a last one that I don't really buy, but for the sake of inclusion: I haven't organized it yet, but I have found some evidence to suggest that Akira and Sekai (or one of the Sekais) might have been fused. AmIOKay refers to Akira as Sekai at one point, there have been narrators that confused themselves with Akira himself saying things like "I, no, I mean him", and the general understanding that Sekai has always been following him - or maybe that simply her influence on him was so great that a part of him became her reflection idk - my point is that there is also a possibility that "us" could simply be the royal we, indicating both Sekai and Akira as parts of the same being.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes