aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
First of all, welcome. Secondly, I'd prefer for it to be Himawari, that was my first assumption when rewarching the event - it's the return to form that I have problem with I guess.

Sekai's return seems to be one of the longest and most important arcs in the game. I'm unsure who else's return to form would it be, especially because it's said that Akira wants it with that exact expression.
Does the particular phrase "return to form" or some variation appear before Chapter 4? I don't remember Sekai's restoration being referred to in that way.

In "The Clod and the Pebble" it certainly seems that (a version of) Sekai uses that phrase in reference to herself:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In any case, my strongest reason for thinking it's Himawari in "Miserably Ever After" is the Ayane affection easter egg in an event that doesn't involve Ayani or (unless she's the narrator) Himawari. And the only(?) other time that happened was to open a conversation with Himawari. But I can't rule out Selebus fucking with people who go looking for easter eggs.

For the sake of argument, it could Maya's prime return to form. This is one for the wild theory corner right next to the identity of so many narrators since some of them seem to speak from the future, and some from the present.
I agree it's unlikely, but there could be evidence supporting it:

If I recall correctly, Sekai's return seems to have been an effort started by Wires with the recovery of Akira's memories (she shows up as a shadow during the flashback).
What event are you referring to here? I've been working on a theory that Wires had been acting to prevent the return of (at least one version of) Sekai, and this might throw a wrench into things.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare
Aug 20, 2021
Sure she may be annoying at times, but I still can't help but feel bad for Tsukasa here... and honestly just in general.

Ugh, so fuckin' sad, dude! Like sure okay, she's a brat, but honestly in Tsukasa's case I can understand why and look past it.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that Tsubasa literally calls her expendable later in the very same event chain. Mother of the year I think we can all agree.

Last edited:

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Sure she may be annoying at times, but I still can't help but feel bad for Tsukasa here... and honestly just in general.

Ugh, so fuckin' sad, dude! Like sure okay, she's a brat, but honestly in Tsukasa's case I can understand why and look past it.

Edit: Not to mention the fact that Tsubasa literally calls her expendable later in the very same event chain. Mother of the year I think we can all agree.

Yeah Tsukasa initially comes on like a spoiled brat but that gets pulled back pretty quickly once you figure out how she's kind of viewed/treated by her family. Plus, she's goddamn hilarious and her showing up to proclaim Akira is her husband later making Touka get SUPER jealous was amazingly entertaining.

micemerald

Sep 7, 2023
Hey. I decided to start the game again from the very beginning and immediately came across a scene that I didn’t remember in the first playthrough.

Now I'm a little confused.

Apparently in that scene where Akira sees Ami, Sekai is actually there, and she definitely got pregnant.
This looks like Sekai's room

But I didn’t quite understand what kind of egg this was and who Ami 2 was!?

This is a reference to the fact that Akira is Ami's father or Sekai's attempt to return through being born from Ami...

And here, Maya is also trolling Sensei

Has anyone figured this out?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
And back to "who the hell is this narrator" game:

I mean, this has to be Maya, right? It can't be Himawari. It can't be Sekai either. They had a home together, she laid on his chest, it was clearly a relationship where he had more power. I guess it could be Ami, but Ami would never have become forgettable.

Maya had a home with him, actually, it was her only home. Akira was her first and only love. She became a lifejacket to him after Sekai died. The implications about his are huge though. Cause if it is Maya, then Maya prime survived and is somehow observing the cycles as well.

Also, regarding their first meeting being on that vendingmachine she takes him too after carrying boxes:

Reactions: Apollo259

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Does the particular phrase "return to form" or some variation appear before Chapter 4? I don't remember Sekai's restoration being referred to in that way.
What event are you referring to here? I've been working on a theory that Wires had been acting to prevent the return of (at least one version of) Sekai, and this might throw a wrench into things.
Return to form is something from chapter 4, the US is seen before relating to Sekai and Akira though. From here on is about the events i'm referencing:

This is the first time Sekai was "seen" by Akira in game. And it could double on the theory that present Akira sort of is Sekai as well, since that's his own shadow and young Akira is seeing him.

Then we have Noodles and Himawari present on Sekai's return - granted, Noodles could just be observing, and Himawari could just be making sure his head doesn't explode.

On an unrelated noted, take notice of the red and green being her colors apparently, as they are both colors from Nao's eyes. No idea what 1+1=3 is though, probably a reference to the rope between dark and light also being a god since this is still in chapter 2.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Wires is for or against Sekai's return, but he definitely seems involved in Akira's memories returning. If Sekai was an unintended consequence or part of his plans I don't know. Same goes for Himawari, as her primary personal directive (other than her survival) seems to be protecting him from breaking/unnecessary pain - basically everytime Himawari or Himawarico appears is damage control (with the exception of Ayane).

Now to something very unrelated, rewatching spotless mind really makes you think about Wires being someone we know, he seems so caring about Akira there. Probably just a misdirection but still, it's eerie - especially since his actions there seem to mirror Noriko's.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Apparently in that scene where Akira sees Ami, Sekai is actually there, and she definitely got pregnant.
This looks like Sekai's room
First and foremost, several things here you claimed to observe are unconfirmed: Sekai's presence in Am I Awake?, Sekai henceforth getting pregnant, or that room being Sekai's room. In fact for the room it's more implied to be Sensei's childhood room. As for the first two, give us your thought on why you think Sekai was there.

Egg is something heavily used in LiL but its meaning or implication has not been revealed; assuming that egg is someone or something is simply too early.
This is a reference to the fact that Akira is Ami's father or Sekai's attempt to return through being born from Ami...
Would you mind sharing your thoughts on this reference you quoted? I don't see how you arrive to your conclusion with this dialogue, especially the "Sekai's return via being born from Ami". It might be a hot theory but this reference doesn't really support it until you do your part of articulation.

Last edited:

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Return to form is something from chapter 4, the US is seen before relating to Sekai and Akira though. From here on is about the events i'm referencing:

This is the first time Sekai was "seen" by Akira in game. And it could double on the theory that present Akira sort of is Sekai as well, since that's his own shadow and young Akira is seeing him.

Then we have Noodles and Himawari present on Sekai's return - granted, Noodles could just be observing, and Himawari could just be making sure his head doesn't explode.

On an unrelated noted, take notice of the red and green being her colors apparently, as they are both colors from Nao's eyes. No idea what 1+1=3 is though, probably a reference to the rope between dark and light also being a god since this is still in chapter 2.

Anyway, I'm not sure if Wires is for or against Sekai's return, but he definitely seems involved in Akira's memories returning. If Sekai was an unintended consequence or part of his plans I don't know. Same goes for Himawari, as her primary personal directive (other than her survival) seems to be protecting him from breaking/unnecessary pain - basically everytime Himawari or Himawarico appears is damage control (with the exception of Ayane).

Now to something very unrelated, rewatching spotless mind really makes you think about Wires being someone we know, he seems so caring about Akira there. Probably just a misdirection but still, it's eerie - especially since his actions there seem to mirror Noriko's.
... Nao-Chan just might be an offspring made by Maya and Sekai ...
... or Nao-Chan might be another of our off-springs ...
1717081940479.png

micemerald

Sep 7, 2023
First and foremost, several things here you claimed to observe are unconfirmed: Sekai's presence in Am I Awake?, Sekai henceforth getting pregnant, or that room being Sekai's room. In fact for the room it's more implied to be Sensei's childhood room. As for the first two, give us your thought on why you think Sekai was there.

Egg is something heavily used in LiL but its meaning or implication has not been revealed; assuming that egg is someone or something is simply too early.

Would you mind sharing your thoughts on this reference you quoted? I don't see how you arrive to your conclusion with this dialogue, especially the "Sekai's return via being born from Ami". It might be a hot theory but this reference doesn't really support it until you do your part of articulation.
Well, for starters, what “Ami” said to Sensei + during the sex scene, the background changed to something similar to a grave, and Akira feels as if Ami’s insides are turning into something completely different......

Then, by the way, it becomes clearer why Sekai often appears with Nodles and Himawari, who is also his daughter in this world.

Although if this is his room, then everything becomes even more unclear.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

I mean, this has to be Maya, right? It can't be Himawari. It can't be Sekai either. They had a home together, she laid on his chest, it was clearly a relationship where he had more power. I guess it could be Ami, but Ami would never have become forgettable.

Maya had a home with him, actually, it was her only home. Akira was her first and only love. She became a lifejacket to him after Sekai died. The implications about his are huge though. Cause if it is Maya, then Maya prime survived and is somehow observing the cycles as well.

Also, regarding their first meeting being on that vendingmachine she takes him too after carrying boxes:
I'm leaning towards Himawari/The Shapeshifter. She's from the future apparently so could easily be referring to the Sensei she grew up with.

There's also how the "kick to the shin" part sounds like something she'd say:
Not to mention, she's referring to her name as a "kick to the shin".

Yarazin

Dec 2, 2022
This bit is why I think there wont be a reset for awhile, if there are even any more at all. Maybe wild speculation but at some point they have to stop right? Plus I just don't see all the girls making it to the RAS. I do wonder if the other gods fighting back against Parry will keep them going though.

Ever since we got Maya affection during the weird This Isnt Me event where it felt like Wires escaped or something, I have felt that Maya Prime is one of the narrators and may have been for a while. I cant articulate why I think these things like you all can but I believe its possible.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes