Aug 20, 2021
Let's try to keep things moving then. If you had to adopt one of the girls from the class who would you choose? I'd go with Yasu, something about her activates my protective instinct.
From class? It should come as no surprise, but Ami. Her love would be unconditional, the cleaning and cooking around the house would be more or less handled, and after the trauma she’s endured she really does need someone to hold her together.

This wasn’t asked, but I’m throwing in Chinami and Tsukasa too. Chinami needs stability and Tsukasa just needs new parents in general. Really sad…

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
From class? It should come as no surprise, but Ami. Her love would be unconditional, the cleaning and cooking around the house would be more or less handled, and after the trauma she’s endured she really does need someone to hold her together.

This wasn’t asked, but I’m throwing in Chinami and Tsukasa too. Chinami needs stability and Tsukasa just needs new parents in general. Really sad…
Ami's a strong contender for sure, if only she were a bit less batshit.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Let's try to keep things moving then. If you had to adopt one of the girls from the class who would you choose? I'd go with Yasu, something about her activates my protective instinct.
I have met a couple of Yasus in my life, so I'm done with that honestly. I think Yumi could be a good choice, she really is the girl most in need of being loved and for whom love would fix everything. I don't know if I'd be up personality-wise to dealing with delinquent Yumi though, conflict gets me too worked up... Let's see...

Huh, I never thought I'd arrive at this answer, but I think Tsuneyo. She's very much so a family person, and the parenting part to her specifically would be in my wheelhouse. Either her or Rin, but Rin already has such a good family it's hard to even imagine me doing a better job.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hm...Yumi? She's basically just my younger bro and cousin when it comes down to it.

I also understand the lifestyle, and don't do drugs, so it's not like we'd have much issues.

We'd be watching lots of action movies. Plus Yakuza ties may come in handy.

Edit: Damn just realized I've got 6666 total emoji things...that's neat.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Ami's a strong contender for sure, if only she were a bit less batshit.
In all fairness, if Akira had been a parent to her from the start, she'd be a normal girl. Might not even be interested in him tbh.

A lot of that has to do with having him become her anchor and having the responsability to replace Sekai for him (in order to secure her place in his life). If he was healthy, they both would have dealt with Sekai's death - she probably would've had a stepmother, would have a stable home without any responsabilities outside of the norm, and be interested in people her age.

I watched an anime once that had this younger sister that wouldn't leave the house and would be obssessed with her brother because she had this huge trauma, and he had become the only thing for her. But then as they fixed it through time-travel stuff (where the trauma never happened) she was barely interested in her brother. You get this scene of her telling him she was going to the mall or something, and that's it, totally normal girl. It was such a bizarre scene, cause it's like you're seeing another person wearing the face of someone you know.

I wonder if we even would recognize Ami if she was normal, since most of what she's now (outside of some interests like karaoke and d&d) are due to her poor childhood. Hell, maybe even her interests are part of an act who knows.

Jan 1, 2024
I'd go with Molly, she seems fun (not Bingoogus's type of fun) to have and I think I would be able to raise her easier than the others, like I would absolutely have the worst time trying to raise Yasu.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
In all fairness, if Akira had been a parent to her from the start, she'd be a normal girl. Might not even be interested in him tbh.

A lot of that has to do with having him become her anchor and having the responsability to replace Sekai for him (in order to secure her place in his life). If he was healthy, they both would have dealt with Sekai's death - she probably would've had a stepmother, would have a stable home without any responsabilities outside of the norm, and be interested in people her age.

I watched an anime once that had this younger sister that wouldn't leave the house and would be obssessed with her brother because she had this huge trauma, and he had become the only thing for her. But then as they fixed it through time-travel stuff (where the trauma never happened) she was barely interested in her brother. You get this scene of her telling him she was going to the mall or something, and that's it, totally normal girl. It was such a bizarre scene, cause it's like you're seeing another person wearing the face of someone you know.

I wonder if we even would recognize Ami if she was normal, since most of what she's now (outside of some interests like karaoke and d&d) are due to her poor childhood. Hell, maybe even her interests are part of an act who knows.
I don't really think someone can be "normal" after watching their parents die:
If she had gotten help back when she was 7, then maybe she could have been "healthier" mentally, but it's hard to see someone being "normal" afterwards.

The accident plus years of being taken advantage of by Sensei, has well...made Ami who she is. Plus Maya lying to her for years, and the resets probably haven't helped.

A "normal" Ami, would probably require the accident to never have happened. Then again, there's still the Sekai and Sensei stuff...Ayane and Maya also probably wouldn't be around, since she wouldn't be living with just Sensei. Niki and Noriko would probably be around, and possibly her "sisters", though.

Reactions: Riolol

aramaug

Jun 28, 2019
If she qualifies, definitely Chinami, she's just way too adorable.

If I have to choose someone from the class, probably Ayane. Not necessarily the most interesting character, but I feel she'd be a great family member. Her issues all seem to stem from the lack of loving parents, so provide her with a good home and I think she would be a pretty well-adjusted girl, so you'd get to avoid the baggage/drama that most of the girls would bring. She's caring, smart, and often funny, but in a low-maintenance way; in contrast, I think having someone like Rin as a daughter would get exhausting pretty quickly. Plus she comes with a butler.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021
If she qualifies, definitely Chinami, she's just way too adorable.

If I have to choose someone from the class, probably Ayane. Not necessarily the most interesting character, but I feel she'd be a great family member. Her issues all seem to stem from the lack of loving parents, so provide her with a good home and I think she would be a pretty well-adjusted girl, so you'd get to avoid the baggage/drama that most of the girls would bring. She's caring, smart, and often funny, but in a low-maintenance way; in contrast, I think having someone like Rin as a daughter would get exhausting pretty quickly. Plus she comes with a butler.
I agree with everything apart from the Rin thing.

Reactions: Moonflare

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Found a game before lesson in love, hopefully selebus release it full version View attachment 3761536
It seems like the plan is to remake 'Nothing is Beautiful', after 'Lessons in Love' is over.

So, it'll be around 15-16 years until that game is finished, assuming this one takes around 5-6 more, and assuming that game is intended to be around as long as LiL.

There's also the 'Grow Old. Then Die.' side project. Sel is kind of set for life with these games.

Dec 18, 2020
To be honest, I would not consider adopting any of them. There are too many challenges, considering that all of them have significant mental health issues. However, if I had to choose, I would go with Touka. If she had adopted me, that is.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I don't really think someone can be "normal" after watching their parents die
Of course they can. Normal doesn't really mean nothing bad ever happened to you, just that the things that happened to you don't rule over your life. I never had my parents die in front of me, but a good amount of people have seen people die in front of them and that doesn't have to ruin the rest of their lives for them. Same logic applies to any sort of trauma more or less.

Was the accident very traumatic for Ami? Most certainly. Was the fact that she has received absolutely no professional help, nor a stable home or dependable adult also a problem? Yes, and I would go so far as saying it is even more problematic than her parents dying. Her parents dying was an event that was deeply traumatic, as was when Miku's parents died - but the aftermath was a continued event that went on for years, hasn't stopped and put such a strain on the mind of a kid that it warped her psyque much more than just them dying.

In other words, by not dealing with it in a proper manner, it's like her parents are still dying. Both her and Akira are, in some level, still on that day, they never left. The fact that Akira calls her daughter and she calls him dad is not just important for their interpersonal relationship, but also, in my view, because it starts to manifest the reality that Nozomu is dead. They form a proper family, they grieve and cry together, they bond over their shared trauma and they take control over their life again despite what happened. It would have been much better to do it then, but it's never too late.

Regardless, this is all a minor point - Ami is the way she is because things were done in the way they were. We'll all just continue hoping she can get as healthy as she can now that Akira's taking responsabilty.

Reactions: aramaug
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes