alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
What do you mean by "previous"? So far we know of OG Sensei (before time loops and resets), Senseis from resets before start of LiL (which ppl seems to consider the same dude, just incomplete) and current Sensei.
Also, wasn't he tutoring Maya and being Niki's boyfriend in the same time frame?

I still don't get why are you so adamant about viewing them as personalities, rather than entirely different people. ALL the dialogue from Maya suggest that THIS Sensei has an entirely different quality to him and is viewed by her as a totally different from other Senseis person. What we know from Yasu about "dead people floating in the ether" + constant emphasis on "you're back in your body"...there isn't much room for other interpretations, is there?
View attachment 1463033
I'm so adamant because there isn't anything confirming they aren't, even the screenshot isn't specific confirmation, it would take blatant admittance to confirm something this big and that sentence in the screenshot can have multiple contexts.

Idk I still can’t figure out what the port number is
Nope, though I do have this voice in my head that thinks it does and keeps repeating a set of numbers in a high pitch. It sounds really machined, though, not sure if I should trust it. :p

I've been wondering about the green scarf, the girl Sensei seems to really love (deep down) is Maya and she's most certainly the girl in the green scarf that's mentioned several times (also why she got emotional when Sensei bought her the scarf--her facade cracked a bit).

Yet, sometimes the green scarf story shows up in Ami-related events, what's up with that?

They can't both be the same girl, right? Maybe Ami is somehow related to the Gods of the setting, and she's rewriting parts of Sensei's past because she's obsessed with him.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I mean, it's not even certain that the world is real. So they very well could be, and I'd theorized a bit on that a few pages back.

This could be a personal purgatory for Sensei in the afterlife, or a subconcious journey while he recovers from a coma (of the two I think the latter is more likely, though I'm not fully sold on either, I just like spitballing). If this is the case, than each of these characters are more symbolic or metaphorical than actual.

And a recurring motif in this story is asymmetric halves. The town has two halves, one is clean and healthy and the other is poor and run down. Each of the dorms has a pair that are opposites of each other in some way (academic vs athletic, antisocial vs hypersocial, bookish vs artsy, outgoing vs bashful, etc). Like some kind of left-brain/right-brain dichotomy.
I don't think so, but they have known each other a while, so there could be some relevance to Ami as well.

albinz

Jun 27, 2018
I'm stuck after having just completed the Baby Finches happy event, I'm trapped with only the computer being interactable and I've tried everything i could think of to make progress but can't do anything else. Would appreciate any help.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I'm so adamant because there isn't anything confirming they aren't, even the screenshot isn't specific confirmation, it would take blatant admittance to confirm something this big and that sentence in the screenshot can have multiple contexts.
How about this one?
1634893975519.png

Maybe Ami is somehow related to the Gods of the setting, and she's rewriting parts of Sensei's past because she's obsessed with him.
One of her parent quite literally named after one of the alleged god of the setting. She's also confirmed Judah in the story.
I'm stuck after having just completed the Baby Finches happy event, I'm trapped with only the computer being interactable and I've tried everything i could think of to make progress but can't do anything else. Would appreciate any help.
Put "computer" or "port number" into search engine and go from there.

May 11, 2020

• Day 370 or later
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Saturday

Whenever you're stuck with events, it's always good to cycle through the week :)
Cool, didn't know there was a wiki for this. I didn't have "mine yours" because I had missed sweet vermouth because I had missed hall of mirrors...

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
I've been wondering about the green scarf, the girl Sensei seems to really love (deep down) is Maya and she's most certainly the girl in the green scarf that's mentioned several times (also why she got emotional when Sensei bought her the scarf--her facade cracked a bit).

Yet, sometimes the green scarf story shows up in Ami-related events, what's up with that?

They can't both be the same girl, right? Maybe Ami is somehow related to the Gods of the setting, and she's rewriting parts of Sensei's past because she's obsessed with him.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I don't doubt that Sensei and Maya were involved at some point in their past, but I'm also fairly certain that Sensei was very much in love with Amy's mother when she was alive (I also think Amy's mother is the 'teacher' in the one classroom scene). So whether Maya was someone he actually loved, or she's how he was dealing with the death of Amy's mother, or she's Amy's mother reincarnated or something similar (which could explain her big attachment to Amy), I really don't know.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
There were answers to that puzzle given in previous events, the Trinity 'happy' events, I believe. There is also one answer in the audio of the puzzle, so make sure your sound is on.

How about this one?
View attachment 1463487

One of her parent quite literally named after one of the alleged god of the setting. She's also confirmed Judah in the story.

Put "computer" or "port number" into search engine and go from there.
that still doesn't make it clear, in fact, this is even more obscure as to whether we're dealing with different people or different split personalities.

I don't doubt that Sensei and Maya were involved at some point in their past, but I'm also fairly certain that Sensei was very much in love with Amy's mother when she was alive (I also think Amy's mother is the 'teacher' in the one classroom scene). So whether Maya was someone he actually loved, or she's how he was dealing with the death of Amy's mother, or she's Amy's mother reincarnated or something similar (which could explain her big attachment to Amy), I really don't know.
What could also explain her attachment, as the attachment doesn't seem even slightly familial in nature, is that they've been friends for an extremely long time. Time does fortify bonds given enough of it. I definitely think Sensei was involved with Maya, though to what extent I am not certain, and she may be a replacement for Ami's mother or it might be unrelated to her death.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I'd kill for a story recap feature, where it'd play every main story, main girl, and side girl event from the start (or from some story point) in order

Reactions: akselx

Sep 30, 2020
This thread has to have one of the highest word counts on all of F95
I wonder how many replies contain the word "piracy".. :sleep:

Do you have any plans for implementing the hub for stats and events anytime soon?
Congrats in advance for reaching your last patreon goal by the way!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I'd kill for a story recap feature, where it'd play every main story, main girl, and side girl event from the start (or from some story point) in order
You already can, the only difference is you have to start them yourself. Go to the event tracker and click on the desired event name.

I wonder how many replies contain the word "piracy".. :sleep:

Do you have any plans for implementing the hub for stats and events anytime soon?
Congrats in advance for reaching your last patreon goal by the way!
A ton of them do, I lost track after the third time going through that discussion.

Still waiting to pat-gasm Noodles.
Yes, just be careful around his knife. Don't want to accidentally get canoodled.

Rapupu

May 16, 2019
All this debating back and forth regarding certain details I thought were explicitly stated makes me realize how little I apparently actually remember of the story.

Am I gaslighting myself? Why are HOPE and the Wire God being discussed as two separate, opposed entities? And especially with regards to Yasu, I thought the whole point of the Wire God was that it was essentially a divine otaku and a description of us as players. Locked unmoving in front of our computer screen, digging our wires like roots into others so that we can live vicariously through them. Am I remembering wrong?

Yasu, at least, is definitely worshiping something that fits that description but did I somehow make it up out of whole cloth that the Wire God was like that?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
All this debating back and forth regarding certain details I thought were explicitly stated makes me realize how little I apparently actually remember of the story.

Am I gaslighting myself? Why are HOPE and the Wire God being discussed as two separate, opposed entities? And especially with regards to Yasu, I thought the whole point of the Wire God was that it was essentially a divine otaku and a description of us as players. Locked unmoving in front of our computer screen, digging our wires like roots into others so that we can live vicariously through them. Am I remembering wrong?

Yasu, at least, is definitely worshiping something that fits that description but did I somehow make it up out of whole cloth that the Wire God was like that?
No, a lot of things aren't explicitly stated, they may be stated to a degree, implied, hinted at, but a lot of what we talk about here we talk about specifically because things are left open enough that there are multiple potential interpretations.

Wire Tree and HOPE have been stated as two separate beings or at least implied to be, and I do believe they are the two at odds with each other . I know for sure HOPE was at odds with another god, but I just can't remember who.

You might be onto something with that description of Wire Tree and Yasu is definitely worshiping something like that.

May 31, 2021
PDF guides updated to 0.16.0p2. Guide mod updated to 0.19.0p2.

This shouldn't need to be said, but only use the version of the mod that matches the version of the game you're using. Using an outdated version shouldn't actually break the game, but the new events will not appear on the event tracker.

Improved Progress screen:
View attachment 1306077

Event Guidance:
View attachment 1306078

Options screen:
View attachment 1450495

Features:
* Keyboard shortcuts (see the readme)
* Ability to turn off hints and make alterations to some of what is shown (see Options on the progress screen)
Do you plan on updating the guide mod???

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
You already can, the only difference is you have to start them yourself. Go to the event tracker and click on the desired event name.
I said all events in order, as in just one button I can press that starts and plays them all. I don't want to have to remember if Rin's 3rd event comes before Sana's 3rd event and after the 10th main event, etc.

Reactions: akselx

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
I said all events in order, as in just one button I can press that starts and plays them all. I don't want to have to remember if Rin's 3rd event comes before Sana's 3rd event and after the 10th main event, etc.
You could always just start a new game if you wanted to re-experience everything in order. And if you don't want to grind, you can use cheats and keep those saves separate from your "pure" ones.

• Red Heart
Reactions: alex2011

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
There isn't a "correct" order. In fact -- one key plot element is contingent upon which order events are viewed in.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes