Jul 11, 2019
If I remember correctly, Yasu is a follower of Wire Tree, whereas Sensei is more aligned with HOPE or at least seems to be even if not willingly.
I thought she follows HOPE, considering his face appeared on her during the Beach Event, when she/HOPE turned the day into night.

Yes, I believe that Sensei is being carried over in full. In fact, my theory is that so long as they are alive when a reset happens, they all carry over with potentially some retained memories from outside the resets or from previous resets. On the opposite side, anyone who dies before a reset takes effect, let's say Makoto had actually managed to die in Bluejay, then that person is lost forever and may or may not be forgotten or their absence questioned if not forgotten. The Sensei we see now is the same Sensei they know, but he has gone through a change because of the accident that killed Ami's parents. He may blame himself for it even and the trauma inflicted might be enough to trigger a split personality as a coping mechanism, his mind trying to save itself by splitting off the damaged part of his psyche, old or OG Sensei, from the rest, which is what we know as player Sensei. Furthermore, player Sensei seems to have taken control over the person known as Sensei, leaving old Sensei dormant somewhere in Sensei's mind.
So, technically, the Sensei we have right now could be the original Sensei who had something to do with Maya (Due to her stating, that he's the most similar so far). The previous Sensei seemed to be one that actually taught his students with the accepted distance (Last Name Basis), which could be the Sensei from before Maya, which would be from his time as a tutor and Niki's boyfriend.
If we assume that Sensei has Split Personalities from "The Accident", which may or may not tie into Kaori, then the resets are there to benefit him into becoming a mentally healthy person again. The Teacher Sensei may have been close to it, but the events of Baby Flinches show that he couldn't accept it, and proceeded to jump, which might have caused a "True Reset" and brought Player Sensei into play, which is the Sensei Maya personally knew.
Someone probably said all this already and I'm just repeating it, but if not, then tada.

I wonder when the first PhD thesis on LiL and the thread will be submitted.
I had considered writing a "BELL" (Besondere Lernleistung) about LiL, which would tie in into my Abitur, but I'm not sure how that would have fared.

A few people have already sent me 15+ page analyses on events thus far
Anyone here one of those people and want to publicize their analysis? Would be interesting to read while commuting.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
As "bad" as it is here, NOTHING beats the "Being a DIK" thread as far as I can tell. I have my preferences set for 100 posts per page and this thread is 111 pages so far on my browser; roughly 11,100 posts. the B.A.D. thread is 1523 pages long; roughly 152,300 posts. Some of the "analysis" that goes on there boggles the mind. I'm sometimes surprised that the Flying Dutchman and the kidnapping of the Lindberg baby don't show up in some of the theories there. :ROFLMAO:

Feb 23, 2020
About last update.. Is it normal that the last Rin event is crossed? Is this a consequence of having the love life, let go event crossed or is did I mess up something else?

Ponyboy451

Feb 27, 2018
About last update.. Is it normal that the last Rin event is crossed? Is this a consequence of having the love life, let go event crossed or is did I mess up something else?
If something is crossed out, a decision you made has effectively blocked that event's path.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I thought she follows HOPE, considering his face appeared on her during the Beach Event, when she/HOPE turned the day into night.

So, technically, the Sensei we have right now could be the original Sensei who had something to do with Maya (Due to her stating, that he's the most similar so far). The previous Sensei seemed to be one that actually taught his students with the accepted distance (Last Name Basis), which could be the Sensei from before Maya, which would be from his time as a tutor and Niki's boyfriend.
If we assume that Sensei has Split Personalities from "The Accident", which may or may not tie into Kaori, then the resets are there to benefit him into becoming a mentally healthy person again. The Teacher Sensei may have been close to it, but the events of Baby Flinches show that he couldn't accept it, and proceeded to jump, which might have caused a "True Reset" and brought Player Sensei into play, which is the Sensei Maya personally knew.
Someone probably said all this already and I'm just repeating it, but if not, then tada.

I had considered writing a "BELL" (Besondere Lernleistung) about LiL, which would tie in into my Abitur, but I'm not sure how that would have fared.

Anyone here one of those people and want to publicize their analysis? Would be interesting to read while commuting.
Not that I remember, I could have sworn she was a follower of Wire Tree. HOPE's face appearing on anyone is really just typical HOPE antics. He's appeared on multiple characters at this point, some of which likely don't even know he exists even as a deity to be worshiped that may or may not be real to their world in their eyes.

Yes, according to my theory, ALL Senseis are the original, but they have been split by something into multiple different personalities that may or may not share memories with the original personality, such as player Sensei, the one who is focused on getting laid and who has been shown not to share memories from old Sensei, the original personality. I hadn't thought about how Kaori or the resets fit into this theory, but you're right considering what has been said by Maya and others, the resets could be an attempt to cure him and Kaori definitely seems involved somewhere, even if currently unwittingly. I do not think Maya knew player Sensei since that is the personality we play as and that's the one that gets told he isn't the correct one or something like that by Maya herself. Unless, of course, you're suggesting his personality shifted around that point into the one we saw and that player Sensei was in fact the real original.

If something is crossed out, a decision you made has effectively blocked that event's path.
Yeah I was wondering if it was still the same decision that blocked the "love life, let go" event or some other one
I do not believe this to be further consequences of being a bad homie, no. I can't say for sure as my save doesn't have it crossed out. I couldn't bring myself to stab her in the back like that once she requested I let her have a chance at Chika.

Should be the same, as her dialogue in the new crossed out event indicates her trusting you because you weren't a bad homie.
And this is why, because the dialogue specifically comes across as if we are on the good homie path. This also doesn't sound like a missing flag issue like I reported to Selebus the other day with " All That is Contaminated." This one happens this way no matter what, indicating it is meant to.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
The previous Sensei seemed to be one that actually taught his students with the accepted distance (Last Name Basis), which could be the Sensei from before Maya, which would be from his time as a tutor and Niki's boyfriend.
What do you mean by "previous"? So far we know of OG Sensei (before time loops and resets), Senseis from resets before start of LiL (which ppl seems to consider the same dude, just incomplete) and current Sensei.
Also, wasn't he tutoring Maya and being Niki's boyfriend in the same time frame?

Yes, according to my theory, ALL Senseis are the original, but they have been split by something into multiple different personalities that may or may not share memories with the original personality, such as player Sensei, the one who is focused on getting laid and who has been shown not to share memories from old Sensei, the original personality.
I still don't get why are you so adamant about viewing them as personalities, rather than entirely different people. ALL the dialogue from Maya suggest that THIS Sensei has an entirely different quality to him and is viewed by her as a totally different from other Senseis person. What we know from Yasu about "dead people floating in the ether" + constant emphasis on "you're back in your body"...there isn't much room for other interpretations, is there?
1634854013756.png

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
No , l Can’t call her everytime.
Check if the event has been crossed out in the event list; if it hasn't been crossed out try calling her on each day of the week; if that still doesn't work then I don't know what's going on.
All I had to do was call her at night.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Does anyone know how to trigger the main event "Good Morning"?
I have tried a lot of stuff but it won't trigger

• Day 370 or later
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Seen " "
  • Saturday

Whenever you're stuck with events, it's always good to cycle through the week :)

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I've been wondering about the green scarf, the girl Sensei seems to really love (deep down) is Maya and she's most certainly the girl in the green scarf that's mentioned several times (also why she got emotional when Sensei bought her the scarf--her facade cracked a bit).

Yet, sometimes the green scarf story shows up in Ami-related events, what's up with that?

They can't both be the same girl, right? Maybe Ami is somehow related to the Gods of the setting, and she's rewriting parts of Sensei's past because she's obsessed with him.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
They can't both be the same girl, right?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
I mean, it's not even certain that the world is real. So they very well could be, and I'd theorized a bit on that a few pages back.

This could be a personal purgatory for Sensei in the afterlife, or a subconcious journey while he recovers from a coma (of the two I think the latter is more likely, though I'm not fully sold on either, I just like spitballing). If this is the case, than each of these characters are more symbolic or metaphorical than actual.

And a recurring motif in this story is asymmetric halves. The town has two halves, one is clean and healthy and the other is poor and run down. Each of the dorms has a pair that are opposites of each other in some way (academic vs athletic, antisocial vs hypersocial, bookish vs artsy, outgoing vs bashful, etc). Like some kind of left-brain/right-brain dichotomy.

Reactions: SKSE.Kiyan
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes