alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Was there actually an OG Sensei-exemplary-teacher? I kinda lean towards an idea that he was specifically put in this role for whatever reason (he always liked teaching, according to Nikki), instead of studying to become a teaching by himself. At least that's the impression I got when Maya confessed that she was the one who wrote his observation journal and then later said that other girls simple adapt to new Senseim not unlike computer programs (or machines, I forgot the exact wording).
I believe so and as far as what Maya says, I believe that to be referring to not a different person, but a different personality. I believe all of them to be fully formed and that he has moments where they switch. When he gets poetic or is actually helping a girl, such as with helping Yumi get a job, he is old Sensei. When he does something bad, such as pushing Miku into doing stuff she isn't comfortable with, he is player Sensei. Like I also said, the moments where he isn't doing something bad could just be a ruse.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I believe so and as far as what Maya says, I believe that to be referring to not a different person, but a different personality. I believe all of them to be fully formed and that he has moments where they switch. When he gets poetic or is actually helping a girl, such as with helping Yumi get a job, he is old Sensei. When he does something bad, such as pushing Miku into doing stuff she isn't comfortable with, he is player Sensei. Like I also said, the moments where he isn't doing something bad could just be a ruse.
Sure, but I'm just musing about whatever the OG Sensei was even a teacher at all and won't just put in this place for convenience when the first loop began. It's not really relevant, just a thought.
Edit:
If what I'm saying is confusing, let me clarify. There are most likely to relevant timeframes - Time Before and The Loops. Sensei growing up with Nakiyamas, tutoring Maya, losing Ami's parents are all from Time Before. The Loops is where he's a high school teacher. He wasn't a teacher in Time Before. He was, say, a writer, or a poet, that got no recognition. Or, say, a used car salesman.
It's not terribly important or relevant.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Sure, but I'm just musing about whatever the OG Sensei was even a teacher at all and won't just put in this place for convenience when the first loop began. It's not really relevant, just a thought.
Edit:
If what I'm saying is confusing, let me clarify. There are most likely to relevant timeframes - Time Before and The Loops. Sensei growing up with Nakiyamas, tutoring Maya, losing Ami's parents are all from Time Before. The Loops is where he's a high school teacher. He wasn't a teacher in Time Before. He was, say, a writer, or a poet, that got no recognition. Or, say, a used car salesman.
It's terribly important or relevant.
I think he was, hence how the girls were used to him from the start. If he wasn't a teacher already, the girls wouldn't have known who he is. At the start, every girl in the main cast in some way makes it clear they know him, including Maya, who is in on the whole loop thing.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I think he was, hence how the girls were used to him from the start. If he wasn't a teacher already, the girls wouldn't have known who he is. At the start, every girl in the main cast in some way makes it clear they know him, including Maya, who is in on the whole loop thing.
Yeah, Maya had a history with him prior to loops. She also said that memories of girl adapt to Sensei, so that's not obvious at all.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, Maya had a history with him prior to loops. She also said that memories of girl adapt to Sensei, so that's not obvious at all.
You can't say the same about the rest of the original cast, the girls who you start the game with. Ayane and Yumi in particular specifically say things that imply Sensei has been a teacher since before the game started, such as the references to detentions given to Yumi specifically by Sensei himself, old Sensei, the one the girls know, in this case.

They don't know this Sensei, player Sensei, but they did know Sensei prior to the start of the game, which is not that far into the resets as far as we can tell. There is no indication that I remember of how many, if any, resets occurred before the game started.

wmeifmf89498m3

Apr 4, 2020
Molly said:
Help me, dearest friends...for I have seen thou when no one else did.
And I have felt thou in the same winds that blow through these lands tonight and chills my bones to their core.
Be here for me, as I have been there for you.
It appears either Sel or Molly are not educated on the use of . I assume the former, since this seems like the kind of thing Sensei would know and point out.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
You can't say the same about the rest of the original cast, the girls who you start the game with. Ayane and Yumi in particular specifically say things that imply Sensei has been a teacher since before the game started, such as the references to detentions given to Yumi specifically by Sensei himself, old Sensei, the one the girls know, in this case.

They don't know this Sensei, player Sensei, but they did know Sensei prior to the start of the game, which is not that far into the resets as far as we can tell. There is no indication that I remember of how many, if any, resets occurred before the game started.
Those are Loop memories. I'm not saying they aren't real, as they feature other iterations of Sensei. But memories of Ayane, the ones she had of Sensei from before High School might be plant, as I assume that's when the Loops started. You're ignoring what Maya said about adaptability of girls. She specifically compare them to either programmed npc, or machines, or computers (I don't remember the exact wording as I can't find the event she said this, but it was the once in which she confessed of forging Sensei's journal).
I'm not saying that's what it is exactly, just saying that their memories of him aren't any indication that before Loops started he was their Sensei.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Those are Loop memories. I'm not saying they aren't real, as they feature other iterations of Sensei. But memories of Ayane, the ones she had of Sensei from before High School might be plant, as I assume that's when the Loops started. You're ignoring what Maya said about adaptability of girls. She specifically compare them to either programmed npc, or machines, or computers (I don't remember the exact wording as I can't find the event she said this, but it was the once in which she confessed of forging Sensei's journal).
I'm not saying that's what it is exactly, just saying that their memories of him aren't any indication that before Loops started he was their Sensei.
Both the game and the first reset have the MC start at his desk, and the moments after that are nearly identical, which indicates that is the start point of a given loop. The school year is already in progress.

So the detentions might be from a previous loop, or it could be from a moment before the loops began. We don't have enough information to determine which is true. I personally suspect they're from a previous loop, but that shouldn't be taken as absolute truth just yet.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I'd assume the detentions are from before the loops, because the person who gave Yumi detention was clearly OG Sensei (she told Sensei that OG Sensei thought she was "wasting her potential", that doesn't seem like something our Sensei would say).

I'm more interested in the Gods of this setting tbh, the Wire-God is implied to be Ami's mom (Sekai i think) and Nozomu is implied to be Ami's dad (who's name is Nozomu), and i think HOPE is probably, possibly, the love child of Sensei and Sekai's love affair.

There was an unspecified accident of some sort that killed both of them and that's when Sensei became reclusive and withdrawn and maybe tried to commit suicide(?) or succeeded? Don't really know at this point.

There's clearly more to this than just that though, we have Kaori and the place she was in (a hospital of sorts) that doesn't seem related at all to Ami and Sensei's predicaments and overall the story at large seems to be bigger than just Ami and Sensei.

Rin at one point (after being heartbroken by Chika) told Sensei she dreamt that she was in a loop where she eventually succeeded in having her way with Chika and then there's how Makoto was after Bluejay.

Don't know what to make of it so far, but it's pretty fun to speculate.

Reactions: alex2011

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Both the game and the first reset have the MC start at his desk, and the moments after that are nearly identical, which indicates that is the start point of a given loop. The school year is already in progress.

So the detentions might be from a previous loop, or it could be from a moment before the loops began. We don't have enough information to determine which is true. I personally suspect they're from a previous loop, but that shouldn't be taken as absolute truth just yet.
True, but those memories might have been retroactively put there. If you think about it, the main indicator that Sensei been teaching them for some time is a forged journal.
Now, imagine the Loops just started, Sensei (doesn't matter if that's the same person or different right now) was put into a teacher role and the legend is that he's been teaching them for some time. He doesn't remember a thing a just wings it from there. He gives detention to Yumi, fuckes around (or sometimes does his job normaly), yada yada. Every reset he forgets and starts for a scratch (or it's another person every time, doesn't matter). At some point, to ease things and give Sensei the initial start in a direction she wants, Maya makes a fake journal. Everything just falls into place from there. Yumi's memories of detention she got from previous loops got recontextualized (and it's the case for every other girl) and that how we got a "background" of Sensei being a normal teacher, giving Yumi detentions before one day getting a case of myserios amnesia. Maybe various traumas and inadequacies girls have were also recontextualized events from Loops.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
True, but those memories might have been retroactively put there. If you think about it, the main indicator that Sensei been teaching them for some time is a forged journal.
Now, imagine the Loops just started, Sensei (doesn't matter if that's the same person or different right now) was put into a teacher role and the legend is that he's been teaching them for some time. He doesn't remember a thing a just wings it from there. He gives detention to Yumi, fuckes around (or sometimes does his job normaly), yada yada. Every reset he forgets and starts for a scratch (or it's another person every time, doesn't matter). At some point, to ease things and give Sensei the initial start in a direction she wants, Maya makes a fake journal. Everything just falls into place from there. Yumi's memories of detention she got from previous loops got recontextualized (and it's the case for every other girl) and that how we got a "background" of Sensei being a normal teacher, giving Yumi detentions before one day getting a case of myserios amnesia. Maybe various traumas and inadequacies girls have were also recontextualized events from Loops.
It seems like memories of past Sensei's are wiped wholesale. We've had two beach trips, a Halloween party, and a Christmas party in one school year. We're about to have another Halloween party. I expect some of the girls to comment that it's odd that there's two of those in a single school year, like there were comments about the second beach trip being strange -- and not JUST because it was out of season.

But if this loops been rolling for, as Maya implies, hundreds of years, then there have been hundreds of beach trips, hundreds of parties. But they only remember last year?

Past loops get wiped, likely around the same time that the girls opinions of the new Sensei get reset.

Yumi's a bit of a wildcard. She wasn't in class that day. HER memories are possibly intact. And out of all the girls that aren't Maya, she seems to have the clearest idea that something unusual is going on. She's asked Sensei about his memories (last year's Halloween event), she's noticed that he glitches out. That's why I suspect her detentions are from a past loop, where the other girls never make references to events that happened during previous Sensei builds.

And I think the key to cracking Yumi is getting her to the point where she actually feels comfortable asking about the loops, and she realizes she's not the only one who realizes it's happening.

Reactions: JohnnyRazer

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
you have a time frame though through maya she has jokingly referenced hundreds of years stuck in it.
The key word there is jokingly.

It appears either Sel or Molly are not educated on the use of . I assume the former, since this seems like the kind of thing Sensei would know and point out.
It depends, are we talking old Sensei, the one who has this knowledge and who the girls know, or player Sensei, the one we play whose entire focus is getting laid.

And we know this for sure how? There hasn't been a confirmed reset prior to the start of the game, all we have to go on is the fact that those previous things, the detentions for example, happened. The adaptability comes in after the fact, I'm not ignoring it, just factoring it in where it seems to apply. They are adapting to the new Sensei, player Sensei, and since they aren't aware he isn't the one they know, they are much more adaptable than Maya, who does know he isn't the same Sensei and does know the other details that play into this adaptability, making her more resilient to the change. Otherwise she might have already started falling for player Sensei.

If I remember correctly, the comparison was to NPCs. That is correct that their memories are not an indication that their Sensei was there prior to the game, however, they aren't an indication that it wasn't their Sensei prior to the start, either and, in fact, the very first lines of the scene where he wakes in the classroom seem to indicate that he just arrived. Remember that he likened it to being isekaied, that indicates he is just then ending up in that world.

Well, either that or this personality we know as player Sensei is just then awakening while the original, old Sensei, lies dormant within the same body along with the memories of his students from before the game started. I'm still entertaining the idea that these aren't different people inhabiting the same body, but split personalities of the same person.

That lack of information is what makes this topic so puzzling and interesting to theorize.

I'd assume the detentions are from before the loops, because the person who gave Yumi detention was clearly OG Sensei (she told Sensei that OG Sensei thought she was "wasting her potential", that doesn't seem like something our Sensei would say).

I'm more interested in the Gods of this setting tbh, the wire god is implied to be Ami's mom (Sekai i think) and Nozomu is implied to be Ami's dad (who's name is Nozomu), and i think HOPE is probably, possibly, the love child of Sensei and Sekai's love affair.

There was an unspecified accident of some sort that killed both of them and that's when Sensei became reclusive and withdrawn and maybe tried to commit suicide(?) or succeeded? Don't really know at this point.

There's clearly more to this than just that though, we have Kaori and the place she was in (a hospital of sorts) that doesn't seem related at all to Ami and Sensei's predicaments and overall the story at large seems to be bigger than just Ami and Sensei.

Rin at one point (after being heartbroken by Chika) told Sensei she dreamt that she was in a loop where she eventually succeeded in having her way with Chika and then there's how Makoto was after Bluejay.

I also believe the detentions to be from before the resets began. What she was told by the other Sensei does seem to be out of character for player Sensei, but not old Sensei, that sounds exactly like something old Sensei would say. If these monologues happen to be old Sensei leaking back out, then it sounds like old Sensei took his job seriously and actually cared for his students. Telling a student they are wasting their potential or punishing them for something in school, usually by detention, would fall in line with a caring teacher as well.

Maybe this accident was the catalyst for both Ami's current unhealthy mental state, her yandere and incestuous tendencies, AND the change in Sensei. Maybe the trauma of the accident resulted in some sort of personality shift or split, a major change where he either changed entirely or his original personality was taken over by something much darker.

They might have or they might not have, we have no evidence to support or deny retroactive placement of memories. The forged journal may not be an indicator he wasn't a teacher, maybe it was a proactive aid written by Maya after the change to help him become closer to what he was before. Possibly even an attempt at a backup of sorts, something to jog him back to being him.

It seems like memories of past Sensei's are wiped wholesale. We've had two beach trips, a Halloween party, and a Christmas party in one school year. We're about to have another Halloween party. I expect some of the girls to comment that it's odd that there's two of those in a single school year, like there were comments about the second beach trip being strange -- and not JUST because it was out of season.

But if this loops been rolling for, as Maya implies, hundreds of years, then there have been hundreds of beach trips, hundreds of parties. But they only remember last year?

Past loops get wiped, likely around the same time that the girls opinions of the new Sensei get reset.

Yumi's a bit of a wildcard. She wasn't in class that day. HER memories are possibly intact. And out of all the girls that aren't Maya, she seems to have the clearest idea that something unusual is going on. She's asked Sensei about his memories (last year's Halloween event), she's noticed that he glitches out. That's why I suspect her detentions are from a past loop, where the other girls never make references to events that happened during previous Sensei builds.

And I think the key to cracking Yumi is getting her to the point where she actually feels comfortable asking about the loops, and she realizes she's not the only one who realizes it's happening.
I also expect this and you're right, the hundreds of years part doesn't add up. Would they not have been driven insane by now from this nagging feeling that they've done these things already compounded multiple times over?

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
You know, one of my favourite things about this game is how the discussion here isn't about asking if the game's been abandoned, if there's a release date coming up, or complaining about the quality (like 99% of other games on here). It's actually about talking about the game's content, which is pretty refreshing.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I also expect this and you're right, the hundreds of years part doesn't add up. Would they not have been driven insane by now from this nagging feeling that they've done these things already compounded multiple times over?
That's why I think they retain no memories of past loops. At least, the girls who were in the class the day Sensei meets the girls for the first time do.

Yumi (who skipped) and the Floor 2 girls? All bets are off. I need to finish the careful analytical replay I started two weeks ago to see if their are other signs that Yumi has some meta-knowledge the other girls lack beyond what I"ve already called out.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I'm more interested in the Gods of this setting tbh, the Wire-God is implied to be Ami's mom (Sekai i think) and Nozomu is implied to be Ami's dad (who's name is Nozomu), and i think HOPE is probably, possibly, the love child of Sensei and Sekai's love affair.
Thing is, Sensei were also called "Sekai" in one of the Happy Events, but also the Purple Smile man mentioned to Sensei, when he got all loopy in Yumi event, that she (Yumi) looks scared like he (Sensei) always was when he was with the World (Sekai) So it's even more confusing.
I think that what's on grave aren't real names of Ami's parents. Maybe it mean to be hint at Ami's nature. Sensei's brother and his wife aren't Ami's parents, she a artificial construct of outside forces or something.

It seems like he was actually at the scene of that accident, got to hold Ami's mother dead body. There were a line about pulling metal from her body or something.

It would be very melodramatic if Kaori's incident and Miku unspecified trauma were connected to Ami's parents death.

Also mentioned hearing the clock ticking. Creepy.

Me neither.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It would be very melodramatic if Kaori's incident and Miku unspecified trauma were connected to Ami's parents death.
I'm kind of just assuming there was a multi-car accident that happened because Sensei was getting blown by Ami's mother, or something similar. Almost comical despite the tragedy, but completely within Sensei's lecherous nature.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Yeah, they seem to be "trained", like Pavlov's dog, to not to think about those inconsistencies, otherwise they get a headache and lose time.

I think we need to differentiate between resets and loops. One loop may consist of several resets, in which some memories carry over, unless they threaten mental integrity of a girl. Sensei's memories are untouched. Until now, no other Sensei got further than 2 resets within one loop.

Oh, I forgot that she was out the first day. So, maybe didn't get "factory reset" properly and a bit of an aberration within this loop. That's why Sensei gets out of synch with her.

Didn't that happen already and she just got a headache and moved on from a topic or am I misremembering? Oh, and didn't we got a glimpse of another reality in the beach event, where she got a job and reunited with her mother. Maybe that's what was supposed to happen if only she got reset properly, meaning Sensei would never tried to assault her and would have made all of that possible.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I'm kind of just assuming there was a multi-car accident that happened because Sensei was getting blown by Ami's mother, or something similar. Almost comical despite the tragedy, but completely within Sensei's lecherous nature.
Yeah, with his brother in the same car and him at the wheel (maybe that's why he doesn't drive anymore). Ironically, he was the only one surviving, even though he was driving. That would be a twist.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You know, one of my favourite things about this game is how the discussion here isn't about asking if the game's been abandoned, if there's a release date coming up, or complaining about the quality (like 99% of other games on here). It's actually about talking about the game's content, which is pretty refreshing.
To be fair, that's because Selebus has only ever taken one unplanned extension, that being back when Texas had those power issues related to cold weather. Most games that get this asked about take a long time to update while he has rarely ever gone over twice a month in length between updates since he implemented the twice a month schedule.

That's why I think they retain no memories of past loops. At least, the girls who were in the class the day Sensei meets the girls for the first time do.

Yumi (who skipped) and the Floor 2 girls? All bets are off. I need to finish the careful analytical replay I started two weeks ago to see if their are other signs that Yumi has some meta-knowledge the other girls lack beyond what I"ve already called out.
Yeah, they seem to be "trained", like Pavlov's dog, to not to think about those inconsistencies, otherwise they get a headache and lose time.

I think we need to differentiate between resets and loops. One loop may consist of several resets, in which some memories carry over, unless they threaten mental integrity of a girl. Sensei's memories are untouched. Until now, no other Sensei got further than 2 resets within one loop.

Oh, I forgot that she was out the first day. So, maybe didn't get "factory reset" properly and a bit of an aberration within this loop. That's why Sensei gets out of synch with her.

Didn't that happen already and she just got a headache and moved on from a topic or am I misremembering? Oh, and didn't we got a glimpse of another reality in the beach event, where she got a job and reunited with her mother. Maybe that's what was supposed to happen if only she got reset properly, meaning Sensei would never tried to assault her and would have made all of that possible.
They don't seem retain memories or question inconsistencies unless they had some sort of interaction with him as if his protection from the resets, because he does retain his memories so far, is rubbing off on them. Especially the ones starting to question things like going to the beach the second time, they may be affected by his presence so that they retain some memory.

I'm still not sure this nature of his was even a thing before the accident.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes