alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I know the main girls are all getting purity paths. I don't recall a statement saying any of the side girls will get one, though.

I would love a Kaori-only path though.
That's because no statement has been made to make clear exactly who is or is not getting what kind of path and all evidence of his plans so far indicate they all will. As far as I am aware, no girl has been specifically excluded from getting any path. As far as I know, unless Selebus specifically says someone isn't getting a specific path, they all are, main girl or side. He's been pretty open when it comes to what is or is not going to happen from a development standpoint, not necessarily divulging the story elements, but what paths will be added and stuff like that. It stands to reason he would tell us if anyone was going to be left out of something as big as entire routes in the story.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Is there a pdf walkthrough for chapter 2? I don't want too miss events.
Check the partial guide below for events that can be potentially missed (keep in mind that the requirements to unlock certain events, in this guide, is outdated), plus a game mod to make your life easier.

To actually find requirements to unlock events, check the :)

PDF guides updated to 0.16.0p2. Guide mod updated to 0.19.0p2.

Reactions: alex2011 and Jan82

Silver1301

Jun 19, 2017
Every time I play this game I both want to continue playing and stop immediately, this is a very bizarre feeling.

Also this has probably already been asked but is the protagonist supposed to be becoming better in the way he thinks or remaining in his current state? Like does he actually care about the girls? because I think he does but it is difficult for me to tell.

Last edited:

Vilbrig

Apr 11, 2018
For some reason, I can't manage to get Niki's second event from this update to trigger - Hotel Rooms. I've completed the rest of the new content, and I have oodles of Affection (~75) with Niki, but the only way I seem to be able to get ahold of her is calling Saturday or Sunday morning, and in both cases it's just a generic event. Any hints?

Jimbolance

Nov 19, 2018
For some reason, I can't manage to get Niki's second event from this update to trigger - Hotel Rooms. I've completed the rest of the new content, and I have oodles of Affection (~75) with Niki, but the only way I seem to be able to get ahold of her is calling Saturday or Sunday morning, and in both cases it's just a generic event. Any hints?
IIRC you call her at night to trigger that one, it's a bit confusing since she's normally not available then.

Reactions: Vilbrig and moodle

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
I'm guessing that's part of the Discord patron channels? The request album, I mean. I guess I finally have a reason to request the permissions that I've been neglecting asking Selebus to grant me as a patron. Thing is I'm a SubscribeStatar subscriber, so he has to do it manually, which is part of why I haven't done anything about it, especially since I barely use Discord.
Yeah, it is.
Also this has probably already been asked but is the protagonist supposed to be becoming better in the way he thinks or remaining in his current state? Like does he actually care about the girls? because I think he does but it is difficult for me to tell.
Sort of? It's weird. There are ways in which he is getting better and ways in which he is arguably getting worse -- the way he treats Makoto and Miku is fucking inexcusable, and his behavior in Futaba's most recent event was pretty awful too. At least with Yumi he wasn't in control of his own actions.
So there's something that I'd like someone to check regarding Kirin's recent beach lust event-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm looking at the code and it seems that you're right -- you can get Kirin's lust20 beach event without having had sex with her already, and nothing in the event changes. That's definitely an oversight.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Every time I play this game I both want to continue playing and stop immediately, this is a very bizarre feeling.

It's implied that Sensei (and consequently the girls) have been stuck in this sort of time loop for a long time, any sort of normal, human, morality that Sensei had has kind of dissolved over time.

The only one that really remembers everything seems to be Maya, and she's jaded beyond belief.

Sensei acts the way he does because he's basically a shell of a human being at this point, the reason why the girls seem to gravitate towards him seems to be related to the timeloop (where over time he's started to "imprint" on them) and whatever other fuckery related to the "Gods" in this setting.

Reactions: alex2011

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I've been thinking about it a lot. It seems like he cares mostly for what directly in front of him, not enough to consider long-term effects and course correct, but enough to feel bad when messed up shit happens because of him. The whole time loop thing kinda intensifies him to just do whatever and wing it, regardless of consequences.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
It's implied that Sensei (and consequently the girls) have been stuck in this sort of time loop for a long time, any sort of normal, human, morality that Sensei had has kind of dissolved over time.

The only one that really remembers everything seems to be Maya, and she's jaded beyond belief.

Sensei acts the way he does because he's basically a shell of a human being at this point, the reason why the girls seem to gravitate towards him seems to be related to the timeloop (where over time he's started to "imprint" on them) and whatever other fuckery related to the "Gods" in this setting.
Whenever there's a reset, there's a chance that Sensei gets turned into a blank slate. All memory and personality traits get wiped. He becomes a developing personality, and morality is the last thing to develop in Fruedian psychology.

First is the Id. The Id concerns itself with basic needs -- food, sleep, and sex. It pursues them without regard for other peoples feeling, laws, or stigma.
The Ego then follows. The Ego still prioritizes basic needs, but has learned to do so in a way that avoids the negative repurcussions. This is where we are right now.
The superego is the final stage. Only then does the personality conciously choose to not pursue basic needs because it might harm others, even if there's no risk of blowback to the self. We see very brief flashes of this, but this stage is still a ways off.

The problem is that no version of Sensei has survived 3 resets until now, so the superego has never really formed. This is the first opportunity since the time loop began where there's really been a chance for that to happen.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I also think the fact that we can't name Sensei (aside from sex scenes, but that's just for entertainment and mindfuck fun) is relevant for the story.

If we knew his name, i think a lot of the story would make much more sense (for us, i mean).

Overall, the overarching question is: Why is everyone stuck in a time loop? Where exactly are they? Are they dead? Are they hooked up to machines for some nefarious purpose? Maybe this is tied to Kaori and her experiences in a hospital of sorts. :unsure:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

I think only Selebus knows what is supposed to be happening, but what IS happening, at least in my eyes, is player Sensei is getting slightly better at times only to take back twice as much progress. You know, he helps Yumi out, progress, but then later pressures Miku into things she clearly isn't comfortable with and just can't work up the resolve to tell him no, twice that progress taken back.

Does he actually care about the girls? I believe that to be and to always have been a resounding no. He cares about them about as far as his chances with getting laid by them, that's about it. He acts like he cares, but it seems to be an act to help further the cause of getting laid and nothing more to me.

So there's something that I'd like someone to check regarding Kirin's recent beach lust event-
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That sounds an awful lot like a flag Selebus didn't set and was supposed to, it happens. I'll go ahead and mention it to him on Discord, I need to get my butt in gear and get myself access to the patron channels anyway, which has to be done manually since I can't link SubscribeStar to my Discord account like I could Patreon.

If it was meant to be doable with or without that event, there would be no mention of that event in the lust event unless you did that event, it would have an alternate set of dialogue like all the other scenes with alternates based on what does or does not happen in your save.

EDIT: Reported to Selebus and he did respond, so he knows.

Yeah, it is.

Sort of? It's weird. There are ways in which he is getting better and ways in which he is arguably getting worse -- the way he treats Makoto and Miku is fucking inexcusable, and his behavior in Futaba's most recent event was pretty awful too. At least with Yumi he wasn't in control of his own actions.

I'm looking at the code and it seems that you're right -- you can get Kirin's lust20 beach event without having had sex with her already, and nothing in the event changes. That's definitely an oversight.
Thought so, I need to get Selebus's attention on a potential oversight anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: akselx

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Been thinking of trying this shit out again and I wanna delete my saves but I have no clue where they are. Does anyone know where they're stored? I'm trying to get it so that it none of the text is marked as "read" so that the skip will only skip text I've already read in this new play through.

Reactions: crustlord12

rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
Been thinking of trying this shit out again and I wanna delete my saves but I have no clue where they are. Does anyone know where they're stored? I'm trying to get it so that it none of the text is marked as "read" so that the skip will only skip text I've already read in this new play through.
All Ren'py saves are stored here
\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Should be a subfolder for each Renpy game

EDIT: this is for windows only, i have no idea if Mac/Linux/Android

Last edited:
Reactions: QuestionTime

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
All Ren'py saves are stored here
\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\RenPy

Should be a subfolder for each Renpy game

EDIT: this is for windows only, i have no idea if Mac/Linux/Android
Oh is it called "test2"? I tried searching there for "LessonsInLove" and found nothing but an old post in late 2020 mentions something like test1 or test2 being the old folder name for some reason.

Edit: I deleted test2 and my saves are gone but for some reason it still skips text that I've read in my previous save. Anyone know how to fix this? I might try deleting test aswell

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
There are two places the saves are stored: the Lessons in Love folder \game\saves, and, as rightsaidfred said, \Users\[Your username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Test2-1577602671. The most important thing to delete for your purposes is the file labeled "persistent", because that's where stuff like "what text you've seen" is stored.

My understanding is that Ren'Py preferentially loads from the \game\saves folder and will load from the AppData folder if it can't find stuff there. When you save, it saves in both places.

Reactions: QuestionTime
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes