Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
So, given the new update, does anyone have any theories about Tsuneyo's father?

It's clear she seems to be hiding something, Sensei talks about the smell of machines while he's there and we had the whole of that last event to add to the mindfuck.

Thoughts?
Tsuneyo's father is most likely at the brink of death. The machines he is hooked to serve only one purpose, to somehow keep him alive. If the machine turns off, he dies and Tsuneyo knows it. I guess she also knows that her father will never get better, but she doesnt have the courage to let go and switch off the machine (since her father is the only person she truly knew before he fell sick.)

Reactions: crustlord12

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
My own theory on Rin

Granted that her recent actions could just be relapses. But nothing in this game ever seems that cut and dry in the long-term. What jumps into my mind more are some of her scenes and her interaction with Yasu during the test of courage.

I believe that at least on some level, subconsciously or otherwise, she remembers her past version/resets, or at least the painful parts. Given that more of the girls are "remembering" more at this point with this Sensei, I think its possible for previous resets emotions to bleed-through and add to what each girl is dealing with. Rin has noticed the ticking before, so maybe she's more susceptible to it?

Similarly I'd be curious to know if there's a "timeline" in each reset, and if her worst days match up in each reset. Granted this doesn't seem as easy to prove given we only have a general sense of how much time passes each time.

Thinking along these lines made me consider what Yasu talked to Rin about before the test of courage. Yasu knows things she shouldn't, so on the surface asking "How long have you been hurting?" seems like a pretty clear case of her knowing about Rin's habits. I just now also wonder if she meant it "through" resets as well?

Just my thoughts. Goodhomie4life :D
Relapses implies she ever got out of her depression from the last time, I'm not so sure that's the case. She has been in a downward spiral ever since the Chika rejection and we are now seeing it get severe as she gets desperate to get rid of the lingering feelings she has.

a mod that gave all the girls darker skins
You know you spend too much time on Twitter when you dread even the possibility of this (For context, some artists have had their art 'fixed' by people looking for representation for black characters by changing the skin color of characters without permission or treating it like fan art).

Is she? I was under the impression she served an entirely new party to the game.[/spoiler]
As am I

she wears this watermelon as a hat, she ain't afraid
Definitely not, but anyone who messes with it should be. Do NOT try to mess with a watermelon in her presence.

no other holiday exists in this warped space and time. I was kind of hoping for a warped Christmas event where Selebus mocks japans love for KFC or even a valentines/white day.
It isn't warped, but chapter 2 specifically begins at Christmas or close enough to it, there's a whole event with Christmas-like music.

So, given the new update, does anyone have any theories about Tsuneyo's father?

It's clear she seems to be hiding something, Sensei talks about the smell of machines while he's there and we had the whole of that last event to add to the mindfuck.

Thoughts?
He's dead, she knows this and is in denial to levels that could be considered insanity, so she is taking care of a dead body on useless life support under the delusion he is still alive. That's my theory so far.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
Tsuneyo's father is most likely at the brink of death. The machines he is hooked to serve only one purpose, to somehow keep him alive. If the machine turns off, he dies and Tsuneyo knows it. I guess she also knows that her father will never get better, but she doesnt have the courage to let go and switch off the machine (since her father is the only person she truly knew before he fell sick.)
That seems to be the most straight forward explanation, but with this game, noting is straight forward. Both scenes where the power cuts out in the ramen shop end up with Sensei's perception being really distorted, almost like a happy scene or reset. And that effect seemed to get stronger the closer he got to the door. The game is basically screaming at us that he has something to do with the supernatural plot. Possibly being one of the gods themselves, though I don't think that's quite the answer. My guess would be that whatever put Tsuneyo's father in his current state is related to the accident in Sensei's past (which also seems be related to Kaori's past)

How much Tsuneyo knows is unclear. And the knife thing suggests that either she will literally kill to keep whatever is there a secret, or she dissociates similar to how Sensei does (especially in the old part of town).

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
He's dead, she knows this and is in denial to levels that could be considered insanity, so she is taking care of a dead body on useless life support under the delusion he is still alive. That's my theory so far.
See, I don't think her father's in there at all. Neither of those should prompt the glitch-out that Sensei experiences. I think Tsuneyo SEES whatever's in there as her father, the same way that Sensei sees Maya and Ami instead of whomever is speaking to him in the happy scenes.

Reactions: alex2011

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hey can someone help me use the update patch having trouble.
I extract to a seperate folder (that I named LiL Patch), then move the folder directly to the Game folder.

But it only works if you have the previous version. So if you have 19.1 and missed 19.2, you can't patch to 20.1, you have to download the whole thing again.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
See, I don't think her father's in there at all. Neither of those should prompt the glitch-out that Sensei experiences. I think Tsuneyo SEES whatever's in there as her father, the same way that Sensei sees Maya and Ami instead of whomever is speaking to him in the happy scenes.
That very well could be the case, especially with how things are going. Who knows, maybe it's one of the gods and Tsuneyo is being controlled.

omnisora

Jun 17, 2019
Relapses implies she ever got out of her depression from the last time, I'm not so sure that's the case. She has been in a downward spiral ever since the Chika rejection and we are now seeing it get severe as she gets desperate to get rid of the lingering feelings she has.
Relapse was probably the wrong word to use, I only meant that I believe her actions are not entirely her depressions fault. This world is already messing with Sensei's perception, and making him do things he didn't have a choice in. I'm just wondering if the same is happening to the other characters too :)

RekkiV

Mar 28, 2020
I extract to a seperate folder (that I named LiL Patch), then move the folder directly to the Game folder.

But it only works if you have the previous version. So if you have 19.1 and missed 19.2, you can't patch to 20.1, you have to download the whole thing again.
Im doing that but im getting errors for some reason.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Relapse was probably the wrong word to use, I only meant that I believe her actions are not entirely her depressions fault. This world is already messing with Sensei's perception, and making him do things he didn't have a choice in. I'm just wondering if the same is happening to the other characters too :)
Not entirely, more like the fixation she has on Otoha, which in turn was caused by the mix of her lingering feelings, her depression, and a fear of rejection she likely gained after Chika rejected her. She is afraid of being rejected again and perceives any other thing as a threat, especially someone who feels the same for her as she thinks she does for Otoha.

I also do not believe for a second that her feelings for Otoha are genuine, but were formed as a coping mechanism specifically in the face of lingering feelings she is confirmed to have for Chika even now. She knows she has to get over Chika because getting with her is permanently out of the question and she also knows first hand what these rejected feelings can do to her if left to simmer forever. They could become a very real threat to her life in the form of a depression trigger that sends her into an irrecoverable episode of the disorder. This could be the thing that pushes her over a cliff she cannot come back from, one that has already threatened another character very recently already.

As for the perception part, there are some theories that everything happening is entirely his perception as if he is the only 'real' character in the game and everyone else is either imagined, computer generated as if he's in some sort of Matrix-like simulation, or a supernatural vision. I personally do not believe this to be the case. I do, in fact, believe this to be entirely something to do with Rin, my current theory being what I outlined above this section, and that all characters are indeed real in terms of the game's reality.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Isn't kinda weird how Niki is considered by the game to be one of the "side characters" yet she has a big connection to Sensei?

She even showed up in that creepy af happy scene for a brief moment. (You know the one, where the teacher is lying down in front of Sensei)

moodle

Nov 26, 2016
Isn't kinda weird how Niki is considered by the game to be one of the "side characters" yet she has a big connection to Sensei?

She even showed up in that creepy af happy scene for a brief moment. (You know the one, where the teacher is lying down in front of Sensei)
That's not her; that's the young model of Noriko (the way the Ami and Maya in that scene are their respective young models). Granted, this is basically impossible to discern without having seen what both Noriko and Niki's young models look like from the patron image request album, so it's an understandable mistake to make (I made it too).

But yeah, "side girl" doesn't necessarily mean "unimportant to the plot" -- it seems like all it means is "not one of Sensei's students." Niki appears super early in the game; the first time Chika lets you come inside her dorm room, you can see posters of Niki on her wall, which is content from either the first or second release. And of course Kaori's significance to the mysteries keeps growing over time.

omnisora

Jun 17, 2019
As for the perception part, there are some theories that everything happening is entirely his perception as if he is the only 'real' character in the game and everyone else is either imagined, computer generated as if he's in some sort of Matrix-like simulation, or a supernatural vision. I personally do not believe this to be the case. I do, in fact, believe this to be entirely something to do with Rin, my current theory being what I outlined above this section, and that all characters are indeed real in terms of the game's reality.
I agree, I believe all of the characters are real in the game's reality.

Reactions: alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
did we... I guess I forgot it... weird
Yep, right at the start of chapter 2.

Not really

That's not her; that's the young model of Noriko (the way the Ami and Maya in that scene are their respective young models). Granted, this is basically impossible to discern without having seen what both Noriko and Niki's young models look like from the patron image request album, so it's an understandable mistake to make (I made it too).

But yeah, "side girl" doesn't necessarily mean "unimportant to the plot" -- it seems like all it means is "not one of Sensei's students." Niki appears super early in the game; the first time Chika lets you come inside her dorm room, you can see posters of Niki on her wall, which is content from either the first or second release. And of course Kaori's significance to the mysteries keeps growing over time.
I'm guessing that's part of the Discord patron channels? The request album, I mean. I guess I finally have a reason to request the permissions that I've been neglecting asking Selebus to grant me as a patron. Thing is I'm a SubscribeStatar subscriber, so he has to do it manually, which is part of why I haven't done anything about it, especially since I barely use Discord.

And does anyone remember what was up with one of the earliest happy scenes?

It featured a machine room where Maya was being molested(?) that hasn't come up in any way since, wtf was that about.
'Happy' scenes can be like that, totally random and confusing until all the pieces are in place. I'm not sure we have the ability to understand any of them fully yet.

Budoop

Aug 24, 2019

Wish she was tbh, if there's ever a purity run where you choose her I absolutely want to do it.

Sep 16, 2018
That seems to be the most straight forward explanation, but with this game, noting is straight forward. Both scenes where the power cuts out in the ramen shop end up with Sensei's perception being really distorted, almost like a happy scene or reset. And that effect seemed to get stronger the closer he got to the door. The game is basically screaming at us that he has something to do with the supernatural plot. Possibly being one of the gods themselves, though I don't think that's quite the answer. My guess would be that whatever put Tsuneyo's father in his current state is related to the accident in Sensei's past (which also seems be related to Kaori's past)

How much Tsuneyo knows is unclear. And the knife thing suggests that either she will literally kill to keep whatever is there a secret, or she dissociates similar to how Sensei does (especially in the old part of town).
Have not played the most recent updates, so this is the worst kind of speculation

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Wish she was tbh, if there's ever a purity run where you choose her I absolutely want to do it.
From what I remember, that's the plan.

Have not played the most recent updates, so this is the worst kind of speculation

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I doubt Sensei is Tsuneyo's father, but they may have been aquainted. Reincarnation is possible, but again, I don't think that's the case. Being elsewhere could be reference to a change in a person and then that person returns by becoming who they were before once more.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes