rightsaidfred

Nov 23, 2017
Oh is it called "test2"? I tried searching there for "LessonsInLove" and found nothing but an old post in late 2020 mentions something like test1 or test2 being the old folder name for some reason.
Oh yeah! you are right, i remember Selebus said why it's test2.. it's probably somewhere in this thread.

I just checked mine and it's C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Test2-1577602671

Reactions: QuestionTime

QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
There are two places the saves are stored: the Lessons in Love folder \game\saves, and, as rightsaidfred said, \Users\[Your username]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Test2-1577602671. The most important thing to delete for your purposes is the file labeled "persistent", because that's where stuff like "what text you've seen" is stored.

My understanding is that Ren'Py preferentially loads from the \game\saves folder and will load from the AppData folder if it can't find stuff there. When you save, it saves in both places.
Okay so the problem was that I needed to delete both roaming *and* the saves. I downloaded the recent update and loaded the game so it must have copied my files into the save file from roaming and just began using that instead. Deleting both sets of saves and persist files fixed this. Thanks fellas.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Okay so the problem was that I needed to delete both roaming *and* the saves. I downloaded the recent update and loaded the game so it must have copied my files into the save file from roaming and just began using that instead. Deleting both sets of saves and persist files fixed this. Thanks fellas.
If you guys want a quick path to your saves just press the Windows Key+R and type "%AppData%" (without the quote marks).

Hope it helps.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Whenever there's a reset, there's a chance that Sensei gets turned into a blank slate. All memory and personality traits get wiped. He becomes a developing personality, and morality is the last thing to develop in Fruedian psychology.

First is the Id. The Id concerns itself with basic needs -- food, sleep, and sex. It pursues them without regard for other peoples feeling, laws, or stigma.
The Ego then follows. The Ego still prioritizes basic needs, but has learned to do so in a way that avoids the negative repurcussions. This is where we are right now.
The superego is the final stage. Only then does the personality conciously choose to not pursue basic needs because it might harm others, even if there's no risk of blowback to the self. We see very brief flashes of this, but this stage is still a ways off.

The problem is that no version of Sensei has survived 3 resets until now, so the superego has never really formed. This is the first opportunity since the time loop began where there's really been a chance for that to happen.
Ouh, I like this one. The thing is, however, while it does seem like he's going through cycles of development, it is also implied that there are layers to him. At times it almost seem like he larps the whole "i'm basically a newborn" thing or that he has a "higher" level of consciousness that he connects with sometimes (or tries not to connect to, to avoid unpleasant memories and awareness). I don't know what to make of that.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Ouh, I like this one. The thing is, however, while it does seem like he's going through cycles of development, it is also implied that there are layers to him. At times it almost seem like he larps the whole "i'm basically a newborn" thing or that he has a "higher" level of consciousness that he connects with sometimes (or tries not to connect to, to avoid unpleasant memories and awareness). I don't know what to make of that.

THere's an implication that past versions of himself sometimes impose thoughts on him. At least, I think that's what the struck-through text is indicating. Some of them are less evolved than his current state, some of them are more evolved (which I think are the moments when OG Sensei is peeking out)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Been thinking of trying this shit out again and I wanna delete my saves but I have no clue where they are. Does anyone know where they're stored? I'm trying to get it so that it none of the text is marked as "read" so that the skip will only skip text I've already read in this new play through.
Oh yeah! you are right, i remember Selebus said why it's test2.. it's probably somewhere in this thread.

I just checked mine and it's C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\Test2-1577602671
If you guys want a quick path to your saves just press the Windows Key+R and type "%AppData%" (without the quote marks).

Hope it helps.
Adding to this, you could actually just start a new game and overwrite the old save to avoid the hassle of tracking down the main save folder, which is different per OS. Nothing carries over between saves except that you've read some text in a previous run of the game, so overwriting will take care of anything the old save had except the detection of read text.

THere's an implication that past versions of himself sometimes impose thoughts on him. At least, I think that's what the struck-through text is indicating. Some of them are less evolved than his current state, some of them are more evolved (which I think are the moments when OG Sensei is peeking out)
I also believe these other Senseis poking out to be when he starts showing a more caring side, that it isn't player Sensei showing that, but remnants of previous ones including oold Sensei, the one the girls know. Either that or a ruse to help the girls drop their guard. I am more inclined to believe the latter for now given how he easily flip flops between the two, a good example being the difference between when he was helping Yumi out to find a job and when he was coercing Miku. I am more inclined to believe being nice to Yumi was a ruse and that coercing Miku was the real personality of player Sensei, but it is entirely possible that it was one of the previous Senseis helping Yumi and not player Sensei while player Sensei was the one to coerce Miku, not the previous Senseis.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Are those actually versions of himself, though? I always thought that those were other "people", ones that seem to hang in the ether and take over Sensei's vacant body in previous cycles.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Are those actually versions of himself, though? I always thought that those were other "people", ones that seem to hang in the ether and take over Sensei's vacant body in previous cycles.
Usually, when one of the other entities (HOPE, the wire god, etc) are speaking, it's pretty clear. The Wire God is usually associated with user/login text, for example, HOPE is usually somehow visible on screen, etc.

But when it's just normal text, that's sensei, or at least A sensei speaking. And I think the monologues are a clue as to which version of sensei (current or OG) is speaking. OG Sensei is, after all, a poetry enthusiast, so when the language is flowery or metaphorical, it's very likely OG Sensei surfacing.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Usually, when one of the other entities (HOPE, the wire god, etc) are speaking, it's pretty clear. The Wire God is usually associated with user/login text, for example, HOPE is usually somehow visible on screen, etc.

But when it's just normal text, that's sensei, or at least A sensei speaking. And I think the monologues are a clue as to which version of sensei (current or OG) is speaking. OG Sensei is, after all, a poetry enthusiast, so when the language is flowery or metaphorical, it's very likely OG Sensei surfacing.
Yes, this, but, I'm talking about previous iterations of Sensei. I always thought that it wasn't him at all. According to Yasu, people that die continue to hang around and we seem to start to actually see some of them. One of them is Ami's mother. So I thought that there a rotation of souls going on and they take over Sensei's body and go as "far" as they can through cycles. Now it's a real Sensei's turn.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I also believe these other Senseis poking out to be when he starts showing a more caring side, that it isn't player Sensei showing that, but remnants of previous ones including oold Sensei, the one the girls know.
Was there actually an OG Sensei-exemplary-teacher? I kinda lean towards an idea that he was specifically put in this role for whatever reason (he always liked teaching, according to Nikki), instead of studying to become a teaching by himself. At least that's the impression I got when Maya confessed that she was the one who wrote his observation journal and then later said that other girls simple adapt to new Senseim not unlike computer programs (or machines, I forgot the exact wording).

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yes, this, but, I'm talking about previous iterations of Sensei. I always thought that it wasn't him at all. According to Yasu, people that die continue to hang around and seem to start actually seeing some of them. One of them is Ami's mother. So I thought that there a rotation of souls going on and they take over Sensei's body and go as "far" as they can through cycles. Now it's a real Sensei's turn.
That's definitely an explanation for the shadow figures during the beach update, but I'm not sure there's any evidence of ghostly posession/manipulation just yet. But I fully acknowledge that I might have forgotten considering how much there is and how long it's been running. Do you recall specific examples?

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
That's definitely an explanation for the shadow figures during the beach update, but I'm not sure there's any evidence of ghostly posession/manipulation just yet.
I mean, call it possession, but I'm not touching the exact nature of their world or the fact that there is something supernatural going on in the first place. For what we know, it's all just a fever dream of suicide victim, slowly dying in hospital bed. Or rotation of "souls" is a feature of Matrix they are currently in (assuming it's simulation).
But I fully acknowledge that I might have forgotten considering how much there is and how long it's been running. Do you recall specific examples?
Well, we don't actually see those examples, as they occurred in previous cycles, before the start of LiL.

I'm making assumptions based on how Maya was treating Sensei before and after he bought her a green scarf. She confessed that now she suspects that "he" is actually "himself" and that his proclivity to play dense only adds to that suspicion.

If that's the case, who she thought was all the other Senseis she interacted with before LiL starts? Clearly, not "him".

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
I'm making assumptions based on how Maya was treating Sensei before and after he bought her a green scarf. She confessed that now she suspects that "he" is actually "himself" and that his proclivity to play dense only adds to that suspicion.

If that's the case, who she thought was all the other Senseis she interacted with before LiL starts? Clearly, not "him".
To expand on this point: maybe it's not even important in grand scheme of things who will "wear" Sensei to reach whatever it is the end goal is.
But it's important to Maya personally that a particular individual (that she had a meaningful connection in the past) in a long series of other Senseis will get to wear this body again.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I mean, call it possession, but I'm not touching the exact nature of their world or the fact that there is something supernatural going on in the first place. For what we know, it's all just a fever dream of suicide victim, slowly dying in hospital bed. Or rotation of "souls" is a feature of Matrix they are currently in (assuming it's simulation).

Well, we don't actually see those examples, as they occurred in previous cycles, before the start of LiL.

If that's the case, who she thought was all the other Sensei's she interacted with before LiL starts? Clearly, not "him".
Right. Again -- we're forming a personality on a newly blanked slate.

Take a chalkboard at the end of the day in a classroom and erase everything on it. Now try to reconstruct what was on it. Will it be exactly the same? Probably not. Handwriting may be slightly different, positioning will change. Even if all the text is same in terms of content, it's going to be different because of semi-random variations in how the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.

Erase it and try again. And again. And again. Under the infinite monkeys theorem (weeb note: If you put an infinite number of monkeys in a room filled with an infinite number of typewriters and give them an ininite amount of time, one of them will invariably write the complete works of Shakespeare), if you repeat this process enough times, you'll eventually hit an exact match.

That's the process that Sensei has been going through since the jump. He wakes up, no memory, no idea where is or even who he is. He begins forming a personality. It's imperfect. Eventually, during a reset, he gets erased and the process starts again. Maya's been doing this a VERY long time, and she now believes that THIS Sensei is the closest she's ever gotten to a complete match of the original. That doesn't mean those other Sensei's weren't senseis. They were just imperfect attempts at reproducing his personality, not other people entirely. All the parts were there, the i's were just dotted wrong.

Reactions: JohnnyRazer

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
To expand on this point: maybe it's not even important in grand scheme of things who will "wear" Sensei to reach whatever it is the end goal is.
But it's important to Maya personally that a particular individual (that she had a meaningful connection in the past) in a long series of other Senseis will get to wear this body again.
The prevailing theory is that Maya is trying to bring the OG Sensei back, and that she's been doing this for a LOOOONG time.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020

Take a chalkboard at the end of the day in a classroom and erase everything on it. Now try to reconstruct what was on it. Will it be exactly the same? Probably not. Handwriting may be slightly different, positioning will change. Even if all the text is same in terms of content, it's going to be different because of semi-random variations in how the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed.

Erase it and try again. And again. And again. Under the infinite monkeys theorem (weeb note: If you put an infinite number of monkeys in a room filled with an infinite number of typewriters and give them an ininite amount of time, one of them will invariably write the complete works of Shakespeare), if you repeat this process enough times, you'll eventually hit an exact match.

That's the process that Sensei has been going through since the jump. He wakes up, no memory, no idea where is or even who he is. He begins forming a personality. It's imperfect. Eventually, during a reset, he gets erased and the process starts again. Maya's been doing this a VERY long time, and she now believes that THIS Sensei is the closest she's ever gotten to a complete match of the original. That doesn't mean those other Sensei's weren't senseis. They were just imperfect attempts at reproducing his personality, not other people entirely. All the parts were there, the i's were just dotted wrong.
That's what I thought was going on until "A Place That Can Only Exist in Our Minds" event that changed my perspective.
1634685002705.png
Also, let's not forget that at the beginning of LiL Sensei seem to be convinced that he was "isekai'd", which is also confusing, because that would imply that he remembers his "real" life, before he was put in this body.

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Quite the contrary.

She thought he was another failed copy. She acknowledges he still might be, but no longer believes that he is.

Think about what we know about OG sensei (tutor turned teacher, loves poetry, took his job very seriously). Then think about the first day in class. Of course she wrote him off as a failed copy. "Do what you want, I won't teach anything" is about as far as you can get from his original work ethic as you can get.

But everything else seems to be...perfect. And it's clear the knowledge of poetry is there, even though player-Sensei himself doesn't seem to understand HOW he knows these things intuitively.

She's saying this is the closest to her goal she's ever gotten.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
Quite the contrary.

She thought he was another failed copy. She acknowledges he still might be, but no longer believes that he is.

Think about what we know about OG sensei (tutor turned teacher, loves poetry, took his job very seriously). Then think about the first day in class. Of course she wrote him off as a failed copy. "Do what you want, I won't teach anything" is about as far as you can get from his original work ethic as you can get.

But everything else seems to be...perfect. And it's clear the knowledge of poetry is there, even though player-Sensei himself doesn't seem to understand HOW he knows these things intuitively.

That's exactly what i think, but i don't know how exactly this is tied to the whole USER plot point, there have been fourth wall breaks that have implied there's a distinction between us players and Sensei.

I don't know what's going on there, but when you see things that have been crossed out, it seems pretty clear it's some outside interference.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
That's exactly what i think, but i don't know how exactly this is tied to the whole USER plot point, there have been fourth wall breaks that have implied there's a distinction between us players and Sensei.

I don't know what's going on there, but when you see things that have been crossed out, it seems pretty clear it's some outside interference.
There are some external interactions, yeah, but I think those are all with gods. The USER stuff seems to be associated with the wire god, for example, while some of the others with HOPE.

I'm theorizing when I said (a few posts ago) that the struck-through text is a past iteration of Sensei speaking up. It could be one of the gods trying to exert influence.

Reactions: alex2011

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
Quite the contrary.

"You are not who I thought you were at first". If he was blank slate, it would have been too early to tell, since it's a developmental process. She straight up differentiate between "you" and "not you".

Look, fact that he has moments of lucidity, occasional slips of a tongue, as well as people like Maya and Ayane noting that he seem to be plating dumb intentionally would indicate that there IS a fully formed personality out there, as opposed to one he can develop into. And, again, Sensei at first insist that he was "isekai'd". There is something different going on there.

You realise there is an inherent contradiction here? If it's a process of becoming Sensei, why would she dismiss him right off the bat just because he behaves certain way and start treating him the way she does? She mentions that if she knew from the start who he was, their interactions would have been different, but now that ship has sailed (can't find the even when she says this, though).

1634687369797.png
"No one ever remembers" about what led them into reincarnation. She could be talking out of her ass, or talking about previous experiences with other people in Sensei's body.

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS ONE:
1634688802183.png
She straight up says she mistook him for someone else, didn't realise it was "him". He isn't changing, becoming more like Sensei she knew, he IS this guy, as opposed to previous iterations, where it was SOMEONE ELSE. And, since he plays dumb and has "amnisia", she could't tell if it's him or isn't anyway.
When this Sensei started to behave differently, she just thought that new guy is changing, adapting, not unlike like all the rest before him.
So now she's angry at her own stubbornness, since she's used to dismiss new Sensei every new cycle as another isekai'd person, not her guy.

If I remember correctly, she says that this Sensei have gotten the farthest. We still don't know what her actual goal is.

Again, to reiterate: everything seems to indicate that pervious Sensei's weren't the right person, an OG Sensei, a blank slate that just didn't make the cut, didn't have enough time to fully develop and recall who he once was. Not the case at all.
It was different people entirely, as far as Maya could tell. She couldn't tell right away and eventually just got used to it and have adopted a certain persona and an energy conserving lifestyle. This one IS OG and she didn't expect it, was caught off guard by his "amnesia".

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes