alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
All of the depositors in SVB are getting bailed out, it's just a temporary setback. Their clientele was far too rich for the gov't to just hang out to dry. The rich being the sole beneficiaries of big gov't in the US renders the purported $250k FDIC deposit cap meaningless. There are no libertarians in a bank run.

Subscribestar probably does their banking in the Cayman Islands or Curacao with Stake.com or some shit, given how shady most of their clientele is (everyone who gets kicked off of Patreon).
I mean, the LiL situation is a perfect example of why they formed. Patreon was being censor happy, so SubscribeStar formed to compete by giving the freedom Patreon took away.

Reactions: haseobk

Vega Cifer

Oct 3, 2022
Okay so last question, if you download 29.0, as in the entire game, but had the guide/helper mod which tells you things such as requirements for the next events, do you have to download that mod again? Or im assuming that mod needs to be updated first for the latest events? Because I was trying to load a save where the menu for that mod was open (which is one where I basically unlocked things I missed, thankfully only the first lewd scenes closed for business and such), and it gave me an error message.

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
I've seen multiple people mention how this was not posted on the latest updates page. Does anyone know why?
The dev facilitated a hate raid of this forum to tie up staff resources a little while ago and most recently incorporated DRM into the game that specifically targeted the users of this site to delete their saves and other game files.

It's a "war" with the only losers being a few unsuspecting fans and his game.

Reactions: crustlord12

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
anyone else notice/think miku is always high as a fucking kite now.
the anti-anxiety meds have basically given her unlimited courage, poor(worse than normal) impulse control, and have altered her mood so that she can't feel anger/upset.
I wonfer if she stops and goes cold turkey if the last few weeks (months for her I guess) will come crashing down on her as she tries to cope with her decisions
Eh, she was already doing sexual things with Sensei, and presumably is okay with playing video games with Makoto. She hasn't done anything major to regret yet. I think it's more likely that she ends up overdosing or something. She doesn't know her limits like Io does, and Io already messes up her own medications.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I mean, the LiL situation is a perfect example of why they formed. Patreon was being censor happy, so SubscribeStar formed to compete by giving the freedom Patreon took away.
Except Patreon's rules are dictated by the same payment processors that handle payments for Subscribestar, it's just that SS isn't big enough yet to draw their ire. When that happens, we get to do this whole song and dance all over again.

Reactions: vehemental

dmmt

May 8, 2020
LessonsInLove folder \game\saves

I have searched for another save location because if I delete the installation folder, and do a reinstall from the zip file; the old save games show up still. So where ELSE are they stored?

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
To be fair, by the time Selebus got banned, Patreon made it pretty clear what was and wasn't allowed. He just deliberately flaunted those rules because he's better than everyone or something.

• Haha
Reactions: Bingoogus

vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
To be fair, by the time Selebus got banned, Patreon made it pretty clear what was and wasn't allowed. He just deliberately flaunted those rules because he's better than everyone or something.
They don't even censor that hard. There are a ton of games on there with either completely unpatched or blatantly patched-over (still against TOS) incest still going strong - including the #1 funded adult game on the platform and several others in the top 25 :KEK:

It took a justifiably disgruntled former patron who undoubtedly provided screenshots and written details in their report to get LiL kicked off.

• Haha

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
They don't even censor that hard. There are a ton of games on there with either completely unpatched or blatantly patched-over (still against TOS) incest still going strong - including the #1 funded adult game on the platform and several others in the top 25 :KEK:

It took a justifiably disgruntled former patron who undoubtedly provided screenshots and written details in their report to get LiL kicked off.
My impression is they go after the underage stuff harder. Moreso than the incest, the games I've seen get in trouble are those where the characters are strongly implied to be underage (all in high school wearing high school uniforms and that sorta thing --or so prepubescent looking that you just can't possibly say it's open to intepretation).

I'm surprised his discord is still up though. They're even stricter about that sorta thing.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Except Patreon's rules are dictated by the same payment processors that handle payments for Subscribestar, it's just that SS isn't big enough yet to draw their ire. When that happens, we get to do this whole song and dance all over again.
This is actually not the case, SubscribeStar started without the ability to use those processors.

That's how all of these sites work, user reports, the platform is far too big for enforcement without them. As for the level of censorship, it wouldn't be as bad as it is and SubscribeStar might not have formed if violation enforcement was isolated to exclusively violations on Patreon itself. As it stands, this is not the case and any game hosted on Patreon is in violation of Patreon rules if it has the content at all, including any version or patch offered on another site not associated with Patreon.

My impression is they go after the underage stuff harder. Moreso than the incest, the games I've seen get in trouble are those where the characters are strongly implied to be underage (all in high school wearing high school uniforms and that sorta thing --or so prepubescent looking that you just can't possibly say it's open to intepretation).

I'm surprised his discord is still up though. They're even stricter about that sorta thing.
Anything considered an illegal act in the real world, which includes anything with a non-humanoid, anything that isn't full consensual, anything between relatives, and anything with ambiguous ages or with blatantly presented ages that are not minimum 18. They also at one point tried to ban Illusion graphics entirely for characters looking too young even when not made to be, but this did not go well and it never went into effect as far as I know (this was shortly before I left the platform, so I only got as far as them throwing the idea around).

The Discord is still up because nothing violating gets posted there under threat of instant and merciless ban. Discord does not enforce off of Discord.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
The Discord is still up because nothing violating gets posted there under threat of instant and merciless ban. Discord does not enforce off of Discord.
Back when I was on the discord, there were plenty of violating links in the user requests section. In any case, unlike before, it is now firmly established that nearly all of the characters are underage - I'm sure discord won't be happy that people are willingly using their platform to distribute questionably legal content.

Might be worth $5 to see if I can get it banned.

b7512966

Aug 11, 2019
I'm curious about the people that said they paid for the care packages and still got their save erased. Usually, on these things, you ask for an oauth page or something. I did think that if anyone had recently cleaned their cookies, or was just not logged in their site at the moment, the drm could interpret that as a non paying user. Usually, after the error 402 screen you would give the person a chance to log in or pay for the thing in question. I'm not sure how the request is handled internally, but I believed a false positive could happen. I can't say if the people who complained are said the truth tho.

What I don't like about drm is that the people who don't pirate have to deal with the 'Osako bug', but the people pirating and removing the drm don't. Too many games have drm that screws with the paid player, but the pirates remove it and the game runs better.

However, I don't think anyone should extend this 'war', going after Sel or anything else. It'll just create more trouble and so on. What if people reporting his game to discord or subscribestar actually makes them go on a witch hunt and many other games end up affected?

For reals? No harm done, just download another save and keep on playing. This was a prank at most. If he did something that caused real harm for the computer, like a virus or malware, all bets are off.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Back when I was on the discord, there were plenty of violating links in the user requests section. In any case, unlike before, it is now firmly established that nearly all of the characters are underage - I'm sure discord won't be happy that people are willingly using their platform to distribute questionably legal content.

Might be worth $5 to see if I can get it banned.
That was probably before the ToS scare that prompted a total purge of any content that violated it and the institution of the current ban rules for posting such things.

I'm curious about the people that said they paid for the care packages and still got their save erased. Usually, on these things, you ask for an oauth page or something. I did think that if anyone had recently cleaned their cookies, or was just not logged in their site at the moment, the drm could interpret that as a non paying user. Usually, after the error 402 screen you would give the person a chance to log in or pay for the thing in question. I'm not sure how the request is handled internally, but I believed a false positive could happen. I can't say if the people who complained are said the truth tho.

What I don't like about drm is that the people who don't pirate have to deal with the 'Osako bug', but the people pirating and removing the drm don't. Too many games have drm that screws with the paid player, but the pirates remove it and the game runs better.

However, I don't think anyone should extend this 'war', going after Sel or anything else. It'll just create more trouble and so on. What if people reporting his game to discord or subscribestar actually makes them go on a witch hunt and many other games end up affected?

For reals? No harm done, just download another save and keep on playing. This was a prank at most. If he did something that caused real harm for the computer, like a virus or malware, all bets are off.
You make an extremely good point, Discord could start hunting and, if they do, it will not just be LiL guaranteed.

Reactions: b7512966

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Please don't, or Sel will write a 50-page essay about how raiding another site is wrong and how he'd never do something like that and that we should be ashamed of ourselves, then shove it in the next update. And he would probably believe himself as well.
he does that anyway, if it isn't that, it will just be something else. I would normally say dont do it, Sel will probably pull his head out of his butt and apologize... but rather than taking the month to reflect it seems he doubles down again. which is probably why they removed his subscribstar info this month so he no longer gets the free advertisement here. That in itself I would say is indicative that mods are just done with him at this point and I wouldn't be surprised if some that don't play this game are already doing that and worse.

• Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 293 Votes