barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
- In World of Lines, it said "The past itself isn't dangerous. It's the way it makes you feel that is." I.e., it's about if Sensei regains enough of himself or not, or is mentally ready to face a certain somethingor not.
(in a way you can say "if the truth was revealed to a real or a fake Sensei")

<snipping the stuff I'm not responding to>

As for Ami's potential role in resetting Sensei, for now still isn't clear for me, but it won't be surprising if she is involved.
(though with the limited clues we have she being the actual cause is a little Deus ex machina for me; I am too much of a technicality person I admit)
Your first point aligns with what Touka says when giving him the apartment -- the he needs to be better about confronting and expressing his emotions instead of retreating from them and distracting himself with the girls, while the angels are steering him into a less considerate version of the "fuck all of them" path he's on. He never really found a healthy outlet for his trauma, so he's repeating it -- and passing that trauma onto a new generation.

With regards to Ami - we know she behaves differently during resets than anyone else. In the most recent reset, we see the girls T-posing once the process begins, but in the reset prior, when Akira and Ayane go to find Maya, Ami's in the room with her, facing the corner. She's not T-posing at all. She hasn't disappeared. She's there. She seems to be outside the process, or undergoing a seperate process entirely. The rules appear to be affecting her differently.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I don't like the "every character is a fragment of Akira/Maya's mind" theory, and while this is slightly better I still think everyone is too fleshed out to be just a fragment of someone else. The roommates migt have a yin/yang vibe, but their personalities and backstories are mutually exclusive. We'd end the game meeting a bunch of new characters that vaguely resemble characters we know and care about, which seems kind of like an unsatisfying "none of it was real" ending.
Yeah, that was an old theory and I don't really think it holds much weight. Floor 2 doesn't really have that same feel, so it kinda unravelled as more characters were introduced.

Not a fan of the Matrix?
Matrix establishes the simulation in the first reel, and the entire conflict of the film is breaking free of the simulation. That's not the trope I'm talking about.

"It was a simulation this whole time" as an endstage reveal is the issue I have with it. If you're gonna set the game in a simulationi and have the conflict be about breaking free from it, do what Matrix did and make that explicit in the first act.

Back when Maya was stuck in a dream during the reset, she also called the dream Sensei a fake. It could actually have been a fake designed to fuck with her, but I took it as a memory of the real Sensei. Something he said was so shocking that Maya just pretended it wasn't really him. Back then that probably meant pretending Noriko manipulated him into saying it, but once the supernatural loops started happening she decided that Senseis who didn't act the way she expected weren't really him.
Not exactly rational on her part but I don't think she's ever been as rational as she pretends to be.
The version of Maya that's having that outburst is aware of resets and the challenges that are faced when trying to get to the rooftop. She knows she's in a trap, which is why she can say with total confidence that he's fake. She can't break free from the trap, and is starting to panic.

I also think it reflects on Maya's insecurity. She feels threatened by Noriko, she probably felt threatened by Noriko back then, too, and this is likely a memory of an actual outburst she had back in those days that damaged her relationship with Akira for a while -- which makes it perfect fodder for the powers that drive these reset challenges trying to trap her. She lost herself in the memory and insecurity, and had Akira and Ayane not shown up to pull her out, she would have been lost in it forever.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Your first point aligns with what Touka says when giving him the apartment -- the he needs to be better about confronting and expressing his emotions instead of retreating from them and distracting himself with the girls, while the angels are steering him into a less considerate version of the "fuck all of them" path he's on. He never really found a healthy outlet for his trauma, so he's repeating it -- and passing that trauma onto a new generation.

With regards to Ami - we know she behaves differently during resets than anyone else. In the most recent reset, we see the girls T-posing once the process begins, but in the reset prior, when Akira and Ayane go to find Maya, Ami's in the room with her, facing the corner. She's not T-posing at all. She hasn't disappeared. She's there. She seems to be outside the process, or undergoing a seperate process entirely. The rules appear to be affecting her differently.
In the resets everyone goes through different events, not only Ami, you can see that Akira and Tsuneyo don't even notice the girls are acting strange when Tsuneyo is leaving, or that there is strange things in the background. The shift between realities seems to affect everything in a different rate, that is why Ayane can't see Maya but Akira can in the other reset, because their realities were aligned.

• Thinking Face

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
"It was a simulation this whole time" as an endstage reveal is the issue I have with it. If you're gonna set the game in a simulationi and have the conflict be about breaking free from it, do what Matrix did and make that explicit in the first act.
Like wasn't there a whole year of Dallas that turned out to be a dream or something back in the day.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I think Miku and Kaori were both in that crash, actually.
As do i. A loose theory of mine was that maybe little Kaori was playing with a spider in her parents car while they where driving, and it shocked and distracted the driver (probably her mom) which led to the car crash.
But that contradicts what im thinking nowadays, where Kaori is involved with Nao.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I will say she never called it an apartment in that event.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
but if you want me to search for a specific frame for a specific line, nah, i dont have anywhere near the patience for it, though i do periodically go through each girls events one by one, I legit can't be bothered to write down each event that corresponds to a theory. ( I really hate how difficult it is to find things in this game, i know someone suggested a really good idea for the wiki where you can search events by who is in them and you can add multiple people to the search... that would be fantastic. there are also scenes/frames being cut out of these replay events now for several updates which bothers me too)
the niki's basement thing i'm not entirely sure what he said in his thoughts, just alluded to his tutoring days he cant remember and compared it to what niki is doing.
Just replayed that event and nowhere was it mentioned he rented anything just for tutoring. Her going to a grody crumbling building seems to just mean she went to his creepy old apartment for tutoring, like she's mentioned earlier:

In retrospect, his tutor room having a bed and shower:
Seems to confirm he didn't just rent out some space for tutoring like Niki's basement. Instead he was using his creepy old apartment that was in a grody crumbling building.

Also, yeah I do wish things were easier to find as well. I've just begun screenshotting things I deem notable to save time.

• Thinking Face

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Random theory time:
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned or theorized this before, and it definitely comes out of left field, but anyone else think that Geoffrey might actually be the third god/Pareidolia? Ayane's butler.

Geoffrey can mean divine peace and is related to Godfrey, and has a reason to want to aid Sensei while not actually liking him or being on his side. Ayane loves him and Geoffrey seems to be one of the only people that cares about her, and pays attention to her. Not to mention, I can see why a butler would be "concerned", and Pareidolia could easily be a code name, which based off Geoffrey's apparent life, it wouldn't be surprising if he's had code names before. I also recall Geoffrey and Pareidolia both mentioning/being mentioned to want to meet/get a hold of Sensei at some point. (Albeit it's been awhile, so could be wrong)

Not much credibility, but it did seem like a possibility.

This and a theory that Sekai might actually be some entity that created and became this world when Maya prayed for anything to resurrect Sensei after he killed himself for knocking her up, have been on my mind for a bit.

Last edited:

kasatik_spb

Jul 15, 2020
Hi!
Here is the Russian translation of Lessons in Love [v0.30.0].
This translation is "unofficial".

The link is: Here

Привет!
Это перевод на Русский язык визуальной новеллы Lessons in Love [v0.30.0].
Этот перевод является неофициальным.

Ссылка : Здесь

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Just replayed that event and nowhere was it mentioned he rented anything just for tutoring. Her going to a grody crumbling building seems to just mean she went to his creepy old apartment for tutoring, like she's mentioned earlier:

Seems to confirm he didn't just rent out some space for tutoring like Niki's basement. Instead he was using his creepy old apartment that was in a grody crumbling building.

Also, yeah I do wish things were easier to find as well. I've just begun screenshotting things I deem notable to save time.
Since it's mentioned that young Akira was a neighbor to Niki/Noriko, it'd surprise me if they (parents) had to drive Noriko there.
That makes it more plausible he tutored away from his apartment.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Since it's mentioned that young Akira was a neighbor to Niki/Noriko, it'd surprise me if they (parents) had to drive Noriko there.
That makes it more plausible he tutored away from his apartment.
Sensei being their neighbor was likely when he lived with his parents (or maybe brother) before he lived on his own.

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

i mean considering the tsuneyo dad's room is that room theory... it having a bed and bathroom doesnt seem that weird and we had more than one person in the thread saying he rented out a 2nd space for tutoring. pretty sure its just a matter of hunting it down.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
i mean considering the tsuneyo dad's room is that room theory... it having a bed and bathroom doesnt seem that weird and we had more than one person in the thread saying he rented out a 2nd space for tutoring. pretty sure its just a matter of hunting it down.
I don't really see any base for that theory either, tbh. I mean if someone can actually bring up evidence of him renting a 2nd space just for tutoring instead of it being his apartment, it'd be a different story, but no one has yet. Seems more likes it's just something that's been assumed. Like Noriko stalking him to find out he was a tutor, when it was actually Niki who told her family about it.

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be explained later on when he regains more memories on Maya.

Last edited:

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018
I will say she never called it an apartment in that event.
but if you want me to search for a specific frame for a specific line, nah, i dont have anywhere near the patience for it, though i do periodically go through each girls events one by one, I legit can't be bothered to write down each event that corresponds to a theory. ( I really hate how difficult it is to find things in this game, i know someone suggested a really good idea for the wiki where you can search events by who is in them and you can add multiple people to the search... that would be fantastic. there are also scenes/frames being cut out of these replay events now for several updates which bothers me too)
the niki's basement thing i'm not entirely sure what he said in his thoughts, just alluded to his tutoring days he cant remember and compared it to what niki is doing.
the discord bot does let you do that, but its still a pain with that too if you dont know the right wording

Pervyfox

Mar 14, 2018

didn't Yasu specifically say it was a storefront in the old district?
she said "There are several answers to that question. two of which are very naughty. but the one that's likely written down is... Well, i suppose its safe to just call it a storefront in the old district now. Though, it was quite different back when it was used for... educational purposes."

i can see people using that as some sorta basis for the tojo ramen theory, but its still too vague and we got nothing linking akira and Mr Tojo yet

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
didn't Yasu specifically say it was a storefront in the old district?
she said "There are several answers to that question. two of which are very naughty. but the one that's likely written down is... Well, i suppose its safe to just call it a storefront in the old district now. Though, it was quite different back when it was used for... educational purposes."

i can see people using that as some sorta basis for the tojo ramen theory, but its still too vague and we got nothing linking akira and Mr Tojo yet
Interesting. I definitely forgot that it is apparently a storefront now. Thanks for the insight. That also definitely implies what the bed was used for.

I was wrong, I guess there is some basis to the Ramen shop theory. My bad.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Interesting. I definitely forgot that it is apparently a storefront now. Thanks for the insight. That also definitely implies what the bed was used for.

I was wrong, I guess there is some basis to the Ramen shop theory. My bad.
I mean I knew it had merit. Like it's vaguely sprinkled throughout the game and I stand by it being said in game a few times regarding a place he rents for tutoring.
In regards to noriko stalking sense this was done after he tutored and abondoned her in one of her events she talks about how she got on a bus to go through the old town every weekend and spent all day looking to see him through the window and she saw him once and begged the bus driver to let her out and they wouldn't stop

Last edited:

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Like the only other place I can see as having any significance in the old town that might be the location of where sensei tutored... would be the convenience store noriko works at and she got a job there hoping sensei would just randomly pop up there but I'm pretty sure noriko doesn't even remember where the place is because I remember her talking about trying to find the place again on her own because her parents always drove her there and never being able to find it. The fact it was turned into a store front since he tutored means she wouldn't even recognize it most likely if it's either of those places though

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Like the only other place I can see as having any significance in the old town that might be the location of where sensei tutored... would be the convenience store noriko works at and she got a job there hoping sensei would just randomly pop up there but I'm pretty sure noriko doesn't even remember where the place is because I remember her talking about trying to find the place again on her own because her parents always drove her there and never being able to find it
The irony of her working there would be hilarious, but I feel like she would notice if there was the same apartment upstairs.

• Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes