DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I do wonder if the same guy that killed Sana's brother could also be the one who caused the wreck that killed Nozomu, Sekai, Kaori's parents, and Miku's, though.

Like after screwing up and murdering a kid, the guy was driving recklessly (maybe even under the influence after leaving Sara's bar) and the rest is history. Not sure if the timeline matches up though. This guy may have also been Chika's dad as well, which could explain his disappearance after Chinami was born (if she is around 8 or 9, since the wreck was around 8 years ago).

Edit: Flawed, Sana's brother died around 3 years ago. Doesn't fit.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
Maybe she did notice the aftermath, and that's why she can't bring herself to talk about him. At least until she realizes someone else has the same problem.
thanks for taking it srsly and ignoring the black comedy jokes I made right after it to lighten the mood.
shits depressing.
right now it's just loose conjecture
I would rather it be she doesn't remember, but she is plagued with suspicion. so the mental break down she has when confronted with it will be more emotionally heart wrenching when we see it. rather than an old scar that opens up from time to time and is still mending.
i'm a sucker for tragedy, like it doesnt fucking exist in media anymore really, sometimes i just want to watch something and feel something

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: derekthered56

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, and he was just as tiny as Sana probably because he died young. I don't really remember,
but I think he was murdered?
He was the same age Sana is now. The uniform is a little big on her, so he was larger than her. He was murdered, according to Sana, while walking home one night. It's implied it was a mugging gone wrong.

However, what Sana hears during her walk home early in chapter 3 implies that he was taken by Nozomu somehow.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I do wonder if the same guy that killed Sana's brother could also be the one who caused the wreck that killed Nozomu, Sekai, Kaori's parents, and Miku's, though.

Like after screwing up and murdering a kid, the guy was driving recklessly (maybe even under the influence after leaving Sara's bar) and the rest is history. Not sure if the timeline matches up though. This guy may have also been Chika's dad as well, which could explain his disappearance after Chinami was born (if she is around 8 or 9, since the wreck was around 8 years ago).
It could also have been Yuki, which would create peak drama after coming out, given that it's her boss' son. If she were desperate to afford her next fix, mugging a kid might be one way to do it.

• Haha

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
He was the same age Sana is now. The uniform is a little big on her, so he was larger than her. He was murdered, according to Sana, while walking home one night. It's implied it was a mugging gone wrong.

However, what Sana hears during her walk home early in chapter 3 implies that he was taken by Nozomu somehow.
is it the fact the angel thing refers to her as 'offspring' that we assume it is nozumu talking to her? the fact the first entity called her that and then wanted to fuck her like it did her 'whore mother' was... interesting, he nopes out early and then it talks about someone else using user1's account that is not supposed to be (which i thought was nozumu's) then paredolia shows up... i didnt see anything about her brother in the walk home event.

I actually walked away from that event about 90% convinced sana is sensei's niece
which is about as high as I can be convinced on a theory without explicit details

It could also have been Yuki, which would create peak drama after coming out, given that it's her boss' son. If she were desperate to afford her next fix, mugging a kid might be one way to do it.
yep it could have been yuki, is an interesting theory, it doesnt fit her style now, but in the past when she was strung out. maybe. its just not the most depressing and horrific option on the table right now. i want to see this denpa game go full blown denpa, rip my heart out and make me shed tears, i think I have forgotten how to cry for anything except when in phyical pain or from onions and that doesnt even feel like tears anymore

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Speaking of Sana’s brother, are they twins?

I am not sure if it was specifically said anywhere; I was under the impression that Sara was readily abandoned when pregnant with Sana (or was abandoned shortly after Sana’s birth), and I didn’t think Sara had other men neither before or after being abandoned by her own bastard teacher.

Somehow I feel like Sana had slipped some descriptions about his brother’s relative physical size and/or age, but I could be in the wrong here.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I mean if she was that desperate, she could just go to Yumi's dad, who seems loaded and a coward. She definitely doesn't seem adverse to selling herself if need be either. Mugging a kid seems a little unnecessary even if she's desperate, let alone even bothering with a weapon to do it.

It would definitely create a bunch of drama though. It might even explain why she's been trying to sober up now.

• Thinking Face

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
I mean, if she was that desperate she could just go to Yumi's dad, who seems loaded and a coward. She definitely doesn't seem adverse to selling herself if need be either. Mugging a kid seems a little unnecessary even if she's desperate, let alone even bothering with a weapon to do it.

It would definitely create a bunch of drama though. It might even explain why she's been trying to sober up now.
if it was soon after she left/abandoned the yakuza/yumi and didnt want to go crawling back to that situation. who knows what she would do

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
if it was soon after she left/abandoned the yakuza/yumi and didnt want to go crawling back to that situation. who knows what she would do
If she didn't want to go to the Yakuza then I don't really see her being that desperate. Still, why would she need a knife to rob some kid?

Honestly, I could see her sucking off Sana's brother for cash before she'd simply rob him.

• Haha

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
If she didn't want to go to the Yakuza then I don't really see her being that desperate. Still, why would she need a knife to rob some kid?

Honestly, I could see her sucking off Sana's brother for cash before she'd simply rob him.
I don't see her as a whore or someone that would go out do whoring, think she has a warped sense of honor/pride.
but if you do think she would go out and whore what makes you think that,
she came across as a tired fighter that found a place she didnt have to fight for once, and got tricked/scammed into a situation she didnt approve of till she could escape... beating up a kid for some money would seem much more honorable than bending over for said kid for money, but hey that was my impression of her

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I don't see her as a whore or someone that would go out do whoring, think she has a warped sense of honor/pride.
but if you do think she would go out and whore what makes you think that,
she came across as a tired fighter that found a place she didnt have to fight for once, and got tricked/scammed into a situation she didnt approve of till she could escape... beating up a kid for some money would seem much more honorable than bending over for said kid for money, but hey that was my impression of her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yuki literally whored herself to Yumi's father for years. She even doesn't care if Yumi is whoring herself to Sensei for good grades. It's also a common trait among junkies and women in gangs, and she's been both.

Also I'd disagree on the whole honor thing. Ironically, prostitution at least has both people getting something out of it. Robbing a kid is just pathetic and cowardly. Especially for someone who claims to have a history of looking out for kids when she isn't abandoning them.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

I am not sure if it was specifically said anywhere; I was under the impression that Sara was readily abandoned when pregnant with Sana (or was abandoned shortly after Sana’s birth), and I didn’t think Sara had other men neither before or after being abandoned by her own bastard teacher.

Somehow I feel like Sana had slipped some descriptions about his brother’s relative physical size and/or age, but I could be in the wrong here.
We know he died "a few years ago" and "he was about (Sana's) current age when it happened," so no, they're not twins. When Sara talks about his leaving, she just says she had a baby in one hand and a carrot in the other, but doesn't specify WHICH baby was in her hand. So she could have been pregnant with Sana, or the brother could have been a toddler at that point.

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
We know he died "a few years ago" and "he was about (Sana's) current age when it happened," so no, they're not twins. When Sara talks about his leaving, she just says she had a baby in one hand and a carrot in the other, but doesn't specify WHICH baby was in her hand. So she could have been pregnant with Sana, or the brother could have been a toddler at that point.
Ah it makes sense, thank you!
I realized afterwards that they wouldn’t have been twins because her brother must’ve reached a capable age for being a bartender before her, hence Sana inheriting his outfit after his passing.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Ah it makes sense, thank you!
I realized afterwards that they wouldn’t have been twins because her brother must’ve reached a capable age for being a bartender before her, hence Sana inheriting his outfit after his passing.
Just to chime in, Sana's brother was actually said to be younger than current Sana when he died, according to Sana, so less than 15. Sara mentioned that her ex left her before she could legally rent a vehicle so likely before she was 18 (and she would have had Sana at 18, since she is 33). Sana's brother also died several years ago, so all in all, Sara likely had him when she was around 16, and he died around 14, around 3 years ago, when Sara was 30 and Sana was around 12.

In other words, it was likely around when Sensei's second disappearance occured, around the last time Noriko saw him, around the time Maya met Ami, and around the time the Space war started and most men disappeared.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

i think the twin thing was in the game when it was real early, back when this game was single digit update version and retconed out so his age could fit some kind of time line for sel better. Cause I remember the twin thing also from a long ass time ago. this would not be the first retconed info... why there are so many out there theories I think is mainly cause of this crap and people connect the dots between things that are not even in the game anymore (I know this applies to me) . in some instances it was stuff sel let slip to early in his opinion and is still in the game but changed when and how it is revealed... like the reason why kirin was antagonistic towards ayane

Last edited:

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
In Yasu's introduction, she creeps Sana out by talking about her brother and has specific knowledge about him.
When Sana mentions to her mother what happened on her walk home, Sara says "I'm not going to lose you, too"
The implication is very strong that Nozomu did something to the brother.

If that time frame is correct, then it could mean that there's a cause/effect relationship between Sana's brother dying and the formation of the time bubble.

• Thinking Face

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yuki literally whored herself to Yumi's father for years. She even doesn't care if Yumi is whoring herself to Sensei for good grades. It's also a common trait among junkies and women in gangs, and she's been both.

Also I'd disagree on the whole honor thing. Ironically, prostitution at least has both people getting something out of it. Robbing a kid is just pathetic and cowardly. Especially for someone who claims to have a history of looking out for kids when she isn't abandoning them.
i mean fair enough i guess, i took it as she was kinda tricked into a relationship with him where she got drugged up and she got her virginity taken from her and then she was in a position of having to choose to leave and be on the streets and pregnant or stay in a toxic relationship and put out, which I dont really associate with 'whore'.
the honor thing vs prostitution isn't me putting my own views into it, but observation that some people hold those views. she doesnt seem the type to look down on the profession but she seemed like the type to avoid it. (why else would she build a rep as a fighter chick no one wants to approach that beats the shit out of thugs, most people were to scared of her to even approach her while she lived with the yakuza, from her memory the only guy she slept with was yumi's dad but she has no recollection of anyone else but admits someone could have just fucked her while she was drugged up, hard to call her a whore if that is the case imo... but her extremly low oppinion of herself easily shows she thinks of herself in such a way, (she low key and high key hates herself)
which event is the one we have a flashback of yuki beating the shit out of yakuza and meeting them for the first time?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
In other words, it was likely around when Sensei's second disappearance occured, around the last time Noriko saw him, around the time Maya met Ami, and around the time the Space war started and most men disappeared.
If we really force connections between all these events (except for the Space War I suppose), things can be converged to Maya’s first appearance in Kumon-mi out of literal nowhere. His death might be a way for her to descend if Maya being an angel was true.

OR it could just happen to be a very eventful year; plain, simple, and not over complicated. It’s just that there seems to be more of the death of Sana’s brother than a trauma the remaining Sakakibaras need to overcome.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes