KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
If them literally using the coaxing words therapists use in group therapy to get people who don't want to talk at all to open up isn't explicit enough for you, you're going to be really angry when the game is done and many things are still left unanswered because it was left for you to figure out from the subtext.

Because there's likely to be a LOT of it.
like...dude. i was one of the people that claimed it from that one scene from the start
I'm saying in the damn CP its not subtext. that's all I'm saying and with a mystery based game subtext is good for theory and if the game ended on an open note people can and do choose to interpret stories how they want but its not the same thing as outright confirmation
i'm fine with both, i'm just distinguishing between the two

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Replayed some Sara's events to refresh my memory about her story and her ex teacher, and found some subtle foreshadowing about her blackouts in Tell Me When.

But, I still feel kinda odd that her ex teacher didn't leave the picture right when Sana's older brother was born; no he stuck around and knocked her up the second time, then he left; having bastard kids wasn't what drove him away?
(I was thinking perhaps it was not like he ended the relationship with her, but was actually dead because he was assumed to be Nozomu, but timeframe-wise this wasn't coherent)

Maybe Sara brought up the possibility of settling down with him only when she got knocked up the second time; and this would mean before that this asshole was completely fine with keep having sex with Sara despite already giving her one child :unsure:.

Then again if blackouts continuously happened during Sara's high school year then probably the whole story needs to be taken with a grain of salt (almost everything with this game is I suppose)
It seemed more like she found out he was either actually cheating on her or likely doing so, and he decided that he didn't want to hear it, then went out for milk and never came back.

Not to mention, apparently Sara lost her virginity at 13, so I don't think the teacher actually wanted to ever be with her beyond the sex at any point. In other words; it sounds like she got used until he decided she wasn't worth the trouble.

Also yeah, it could simply be a mental alteration to explain why Sana's father isn't around, when what ever actually took the men, took him as well. Hard to tell since blacking out and altered memories are common place.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Might explain the whole "Lessons in Love" name. Sensei (along with everyone else) could have been chosen to teach/show some eldritch being what Love is.
It would be Lessons in Making Love if Sensei is chosen to teach anything :BootyTime:

But I think observing Sensei learning love might really be the key concept here; a person who claims to have trouble comprehending what love means is now experiencing all kinds of love from all his relationship with everyone and learning them: pure, unconditional, unrequited, codependent, obsessive, manipulative, adulterous, forbidden, and incestuous.

It's just who actually is observing is still up in the air (maybe it's all those supernatural BS beings perhaps?)

• Thinking Face

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
He's definitely up there on the worst possible chosen ones ever.

Nevertheless, some being that doesn't understand things like "love" wouldn't really know he'd be a bad choice. Just that there seems to be a lot of little girls that want to be with him, and even as a kid, he was "loved" by his sister in law, who he never stopped loving, then later on he was loved by a certain pink haired girl who nearly killed herself after he dumped her. After that he was loved by his Niece, Ayane, Maya, Etc.

I can definitely see that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the being isn't learning the same lessons through him. Watching him develop over and over. Take Maya for example, she might just be the one he usually fell for, so now, she's been taken off the board to give the other girls a chance at "love", and give the being more experience.

It also fits the whole "using" Sensei thing that's apparently going on with the gods/beings/users.
HOPE at least seems to have a clear idea of what "love" means. The other two aren't as clear, but they seem to be competing over Akira rather than trying to learn from him. Maybe they're all using him as proof of their view to some fourth entity(fifth really, I don't think the entity could be Nao). Long Maya keeps doing television show bits with Akira, maybe she really is showing that to somebody?

Also, we the players are that entity, and the true meaning of love is not pirating video games.

• Haha
Reactions: LuisD and Bingoogus

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
yeah there is the ... homeless theory.
the extreme level of homeless people are actually the people that were summoned off to 'space war' and are stuck in a schizophrenic daze preventing them from going back home to interfere with the world whoever is doing this wants. its also kind of weird that there are this many visually identifiable homeless people (by character conversation) when we have events directly mentioning sleeping in internet cafe's implying sel knows about the actual homless rate in japan and how it is a reportable (roundable) 0% and how the japanese for the most part would rather kill themselves than to even look homeless. (not an exaggeration)
Kind of dark, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if the homeless people turn out to be the kids that Sensei has had with his students. Just never being reset by the time loops, and continuously aging in a city that has no care nor space for them. I think old women were mentioned at some point so them being the men would be a little surprising.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
It would be Lessons in Making Love if Sensei is chosen to teach anything :BootyTime:

But I think observing Sensei learning love might really be the key concept here; a person who claims to have trouble comprehending what love means is now experiencing all kinds of love from all his relationship with everyone and learning them: pure, unconditional, unrequited, codependent, obsessive, manipulative, adulterous, forbidden, and incestuous.

It's just who actually is observing is still up in the air (maybe it's all those supernatural BS beings perhaps?)
Personally, I think whatever is taking Sekai's form may be the main being wanting to know "love". Taking Sekai's form due to being Sensei's first love interest if not "true love". Nozomu, HOPE, and the angels may just be it's servants or creations.

Nao, seems like a similar being but instead of learning love, it's more into feeling love. Hence the whole you have copulated with me more than anyone, and knowing everything Sensei ever felt, lines. The god of wires and maybe Pareidolia seem to be related to it.

Of course, Nao and whatever is taking Sekai's form could be two sides of the same being, or Nao is like it's child, which would fit the whole taking Sekai and Ami forms theme.

Overall, there's definitely a lot of unanswered questions. Albeit, I think this next reset might answer quite a few. Especially since things look like they are about to get rough.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
HOPE at least seems to have a clear idea of what "love" means. The other two aren't as clear, but they seem to be competing over Akira rather than trying to learn from him. Maybe they're all using him as proof of their view to some fourth entity(fifth really, I don't think the entity could be Nao). Long Maya keeps doing television show bits with Akira, maybe she really is showing that to somebody?

Also, we the players are that entity, and the true meaning of love is not pirating video games.
I definitely think that the beings are using Sensei to achieve whatever goal they are after. Kumon-mi itself seems like simply put a "controlled environment" where those outside of it can test and experiment to witness whatever happens.

The Mayas also seem to apparently be like independent contractors that tend to work for "H", or likely HOPE. Same with the shapeshifter with the toy car. They are perhaps other beings like Nao and "Sekai" who take Maya's form simply for fun, or lack of understanding of human nature.

Sara becoming an angelic being in Sana's event also implies she might be one as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if other girls turn out to be beings that slipped into the loop, replaced the actual versions, then forgot about it whether due to the loops or other beings not liking them getting involved. Then again they all could just be playing the game they got paid to play.

It'd definitely fit the whole "Nothing is real" theme.

Last edited:

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
You guys are bringing things a little too close to the 'what is true?' dimension and my barely sane ass tries to avoid this territory as much as possible. Gotta put my mental health first so i might have to take a break for a few days if things keep going this way. Not telling any of you to stop, just pre-emptively explaining any potential absence.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
You guys are bringing things a little too close to the 'what is true?' dimension and my barely sane ass tries to avoid this territory as much as possible. Gotta put my mental health first so i might have to take a break for a few days if things keep going this way. Not telling any of you to stop, just pre-emptively explaining any potential absence.
back to more easily understandable theories then
sex make peepee feel good
such a large branching statement and generalization seeems problematic, not all sex make peepee feel good, should we revise this theory to
sex mainly make peepee feel good

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Well, damn, that wasn't my intention, if you prefer we could theorize on how many times Sensei has fucked a watermelon, or why Maya has a fetish for them.

That's a rather big mystery itself. Like.. why a watermelon? There has to be some meaning to it. Maybe Maya saw Sensei eat one of the watermelon slices she brought to a tutor session, which did it for her, and that's what started their entire relationship and her fetish.

Last edited:
  • Haha

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
back to more easily understandable theories then
sex make peepee feel good
such a large branching statement and generalization seeems problematic, not all sex make peepee feel good, should we revise this theory to
sex mainly make peepee feel good
If two lesbians have sex in the woods and there's no one with a cock around to witness it, did this sex make cock feel good?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
:unsure: wood feel good so who care about cock at that point, same thing right?
You'd have to ask Wakana and Osako.

Or maybe just Wakana since Osako would probably be tied up, full of vibrators, blindfolded, and gagged. Aka a little busy.

I wonder if Rin would be into that...

• Thinking Face

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
so about the brand endorsements in the game, does sel actually get money from them...
I feel like its an attempt at comedy...so it might be protected by parody laws
but at the same time I am a little concenred as large companies can and do sue for trademark infringement if their trademarks are used in ways that can damage the brand reputation...
considering what this game is, i think they could argue for that easily

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
so about the brand endorsements in the game, does sel actually get money from them...
I feel like its an attempt at comedy...so it might be protected by parody laws
but at the same time I am a little concenred as large companies can and do sue for trademark infringement if their trademarks are used in ways that can damage the brand reputation...
considering what this game is, i think they could argue for that easily
Honestly, I'd like to know this too. I have seen that damn raid shadow whatever ad so many times, I never want to see it again. I do think as long as Sel isn't truly selling the game itself, it should be fine though.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Oh, no, like i said, i don't want to inhibit you guys at all, not even a bit, my comment was purely to say 'hey, i might be absent for a bit, here's why', not a single crumb of it was meant to dissuade you speaking whatever you wanted to speak and i implore you to simply ignore my having said the message if you need to, i really did just want to put up a 'i might be gone for a bit' and nothing else.

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
I figured it out, the entity wanting to know "what is love" is a musician called Haddaway. :KEK:

But all this talk made me remember about the time Nodoka took Akira for a midnight walk and when he called Futaba to search for Nodoka she said his location was outside of the walls of Kumon-mi. There is something buried under our feet.

• Haha

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I figured it out, the entity wanting to know "what is love" is a musician called Haddaway. :KEK:

But all this talk made me remember about the time Nodoka took Akira for a midnight walk and when he called Futaba to search for Nodoka she said his location was outside of the walls of Kumon-mi. There is something buried under our feet.
Nodoka is one character, I haven't really been able to nail down, tbh. Considering she has seen the shapeshifter with the toy car, just like Sensei, has a link to the whole buried beneath your feet thing, casually left Kumon-mi, and seems to know something about the gods on top of everything, she seems like an outlier among most of the girls.

I'm not sure if she'll eventually become an important character, or if she's just meant to be too damn smart for the system. Maybe she's the shapeshifter's secret weapon? Or plan B?

It also makes me wonder what would happen if Sensei actually tried to leave Kumon-mi, something he hasn't seemed to even try yet.

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020

there is something buried beneath our feet indeed
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes