DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Considering the world outside the mall, maybe Pareidolia actually saved Amy and keep things relatively normal in there too, by closing off said mall from outside poisonous world (or sealing it to save the outside, keeping Amy in the cage) so, yeah, fixing things.
Possibly. I'm thinking Pareidolia might even be the doctor in the medical ward that's keeping those within the mall "healthy"/"alive". It's trait of being "concerned" might be a hint at something like that.

Of course, what exactly the gods are is still up in the air.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

lardtree90

Feb 16, 2018
I can't help but feel like this game is gonna end with one big 'fuck you'. I get the vibe that the dev actually hates the player.
While I don't agree with the dev's attitude on all matters (though I am still a subscriber), he's made it clear that this isn't meant to be a pleasant story, Sensei is not supposed to be self insert or a character people enjoy 'playing as' and anyone who does identify with him or roots for him should seek help. And it's abundantly clear that there will not be anything resembling a 'happy' ending.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Handful of things I'm curious about after 'almost' catching up, (in the midst of 3.1 events)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think "thoroughly confused" is just how we're supposed to be, tbh.

There was also how Long Maya showed up before the show started and asked if he had found the Paradox yet in Hexadecimal to Sensei. Ami's poem to Wakana, also mentioned a Paradox. Then there's the Moyo stuff with something growing inside of her. Not to mention, it seems like Yumi may have been murdered during the show, and it seems like Sekai somehow made it to the roof.

Overall: I think most people are confused. There's a lot of unanswered questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: rianzz

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
While I don't agree with the dev's attitude on all matters (though I am still a subscriber), he's made it clear that this isn't meant to be a pleasant story, Sensei is not supposed to be self insert or a character people enjoy 'playing as' and anyone who does identify with him or roots for him should seek help. And it's abundantly clear that there will not be anything resembling a 'happy' ending.
Hoping at least a few girls will get a happy-ish ending. Sensei can end up as their free use puppet for all I care. I do think it's too late for any happy endings though. "Everything is already g-":

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
I can't help but feel like this game is gonna end with one big 'fuck you'. I get the vibe that the dev actually hates the player.
I don't think he will go that far, but i do low-key think his stated plan for harem/dark/purity phases might turn out to be a massive load of shit and the awaited dark phase either never comes or plays out waaaaaaaay different than expected.

Reactions: FireCazador

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
To be fair, I want girls to have a happy ending (even if I kinda hate some of them, they deserve it too), but, sadly, for some of them that implies that sensei was with them. Unless the ending imply that everyone forgets about sensei altogether - there will be no perfectly good ending.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
To be fair, I want girls to have a happy ending (even if I kinda hate some of them, they deserve it too), but, sadly, for some of them that implies that sensei was with them. Unless the ending imply that everyone forgets about sensei altogether - there will be no perfectly good ending.
Most of the girls are using Akira as a proxy for something missing in their life. Their happy ending would be them either getting it back, or realizing there are healthier ways to live without them.

Like, if the sky's the limit, Ayane would find herself in an alternate timeline where her father never became absurdly wealthy, so he never emotionally abandoned her mom, so her mom never left, and they're actually a healthy, happy family.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
He is also really passionate about the story. I don't think he'll ruin it just to spite people.
I think the endings are gonna be mostly realistic, some will win and some will lose. Extreme stuff like care package Miku won't happen (she became a teacher like Sensei to molest young boys) but some of them could end up like chapter 1 Sara or Yuki or even Kaori, but some will get better endings too (that is not ending up with Sensei, like Touka becoming a better mom or Molly finding a girlfriend). If something really fucked up happens, it's probably going to happen to people who are most involved with the world.

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
He is also really passionate about the story. I don't think he'll ruin it just to spite people.
I think the endings are gonna be mostly realistic, some will win and some will lose. Extreme stuff like care package Miku won't happen (she became a teacher like Sensei to molest young boys) but some of them could end up like chapter 1 Sara or Yuki or even Kaori, but some will get better endings too (that is not ending up with Sensei, like Touka becoming a better mom or Molly finding a girlfriend). If something really fucked up happens, it's probably going to happen to people who are most involved with the world.
I wish I could agree with your optimism, but I just don't see it. I do hope for some kind of light at the end of the tunnel, but the overarching plot, setting, and information about wtf is wrong with Sensei are just being so slowly drip-fed that I'm struggling to understand what exactly the main focus of the game is.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Imo, this world is weird enough to give all girls happy ending with Sensei without sharing. Yes, it would be a paradox, but when nothing is real anything is possible.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
I wish I could agree with your optimism, but I just don't see it. I do hope for some kind of light at the end of the tunnel, but the overarching plot, setting, and information about wtf is wrong with Sensei are just being so slowly drip-fed that I'm struggling to understand what exactly the main focus of the game is.
I think the main focus is the characters. The story is less about what happens, and more about how characters react to it, how it changes them and how we perceive them. Take Sara's bar for example, some of us expected the story to be an adventure where we fight to make her bar do better, but it just became better out of nowhere. That is because Sara's bar is just a plot device to make us learn more about Sara as a person. Or the Yumi Revitalization Project, maybe Yumi won't get a job by the end of the game, but the important part is we get to learn more about why Yumi is the way she is, and how she will grow as a person.
That is why I'm positive about this game. Even if the ending gets really dark, I know the journey with these characters will be worth it.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
Imo, this world is weird enough to give all girls happy ending with Sensei without sharing. Yes, it would be a paradox, but when nothing is real anything is possible.
Please no. The relationship that Sensei has with these girls is incredibly toxic and unless he seriously improves himself I wouldn't consider an ending with Sensei "happy".

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
Most of the girls are using Akira as a proxy for something missing in their life. Their happy ending would be them either getting it back, or realizing there are healthier ways to live without them.

Like, if the sky's the limit, Ayane would find herself in an alternate timeline where her father never became absurdly wealthy, so he never emotionally abandoned her mom, so her mom never left, and they're actually a healthy, happy family.
I think most of the girls could conceivably grow enough to move on from their problems without needing Sensei as a crutch. The only ones who couldn't are Ami and Maya. Ami would snap like a twig if she lost one more family member, and her Real and Psycho selves are so hard to separate that I'm not sure how capable of growth she is. Maya has been dedicated to Akira for so long, and to the real Akira and not some idealized projection, that I'm not sure what she could even be if he wasn't in her life.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Please no. The relationship that Sensei has with these girls is incredibly toxic and unless he seriously improves himself I wouldn't consider an ending with Sensei "happy".
I would be disapointed if he wouldn't seriously imporve himself untilthe game ends. His constant improvement is one of the reasons I really like this game.

But I don't think serious improvement would be enough. It's not OK to date a guy twice your age even if he is perfect. Initialy I had an assumption that girls are older then their biological age because not all their experience is wiped by reset, but it is likely wrong and Kumon-me somehow keeps childish even Maya, who lived more time than she can remember.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I would be disapointed if he wouldn't seriously imporve himself untilthe game ends. His constant improvement is one of the reasons I really like this game.

But I don't think serious improvement would be enough. It's not OK to date a guy twice your age even if he is perfect. Initialy I had an assumption that girls are older then their biological age because not all their experience is wiped by reset, but it is likely wrong and Kumon-me somehow keeps childish even Maya, who lived more time than she can remember.
Honestly, I think the main reason that the girls don't really age, and why Maya doesn't really age, is because of Sensei.

Sensei letting his true self shine:
I doubt Sensei has complete control over this world, but I'd be surprised if whatever's actually in control hasn't taken his preferences into account. The whole infinite first year of highschool thing seems awfully specific.

Then again, I kind of also think everyone's already dead and the reason they don't age is because they are literally puppeteered corpses meant to keep the illusion "alive".

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That monster seems to be "The old one" that Sensei summoned when we invited Noriko over:
I think that and the Io event just cut off because that's all that we were meant to see. The old one may have caused Sensei to black out though.

Reactions: ContraBxss

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I think that and the Io event just cut off because that's all that we were meant to see.
I'll join you, it was pretty straightforward. Yumi is growing as a character and we have been assured that Io was rather traumatized then born broken. Also Yuki now has more visitors, hooray.

Actualy we had discussion on Io around the patch, so you can scroll thread to see it

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes