vehemental

Jun 4, 2017
Outside that is the game worth playing? And I mean story wise worth it.
The biggest thing to keep in mind is that just in terms of word count, LiL is more than 50% longer than the entire 7-book Harry Potter series, so you've got over 100 hours of reading alone to look forward to. Couple that with the inane "puzzles" and the opaque, time-consuming process of continually hunting for new events (unless you install the Guide Mod), and you're probably looking at another 100 hours in "gameplay".

And if the reward you're hoping to get out of all that are some steamy sex scenes with characters you've gotten to know, well, I mean there are a couple so far with more on the way, but the other thing to keep in mind is that this is an extremely aggro psychological horror that tries as hard as it can to disturb you and gross you out. A lot of it is corny because it tries too hard, but enough of it is written well enough to not be for everyone. So overall it's just a very weird atmosphere that the relationships and the build up to scenes take a back seat to.

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
I always love seeing Yasu in the background of scenes so know that i love it just as much in fanart too. Any and all scenes works for me, wherever you want, doing whatever you want. But yeah, post them in the art thread.
Yeah I just dicovered it lol it's not like I was here all the time. Anyway, My bad

AbsoluteA522

Jun 17, 2023
This may be a repeated question so forgive me in advance.
Sensei's mentioned that nao-chan's eyes remind him of the two most important figures to him. who are they? Sekai and Maya? Ami and Maya?
ALSO IF ANYTHING BAD HAPPENS TO NAO-CHAN AND KAORIMOTHERMOM I WILL LITERALLY SEND A NUCLEAR HEAD TO SEL'S HOME TO DESTROY HIM AND THE ENTIRE WORLD I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO LAUNCH A NUCLEAR HEAD BUT I'LL DO IT

hario1225

Mar 3, 2021
Sensei's mentioned that nao-chan's eyes remind him of the two most important figures to him. who are they? Sekai and Maya? Ami and Maya?
ALSO IF ANYTHING BAD HAPPENS TO NAO-CHAN AND KAORIMOTHERMOM I WILL LITERALLY SEND A NUCLEAR HEAD TO SEL'S HOME TO DESTROY HIM AND THE ENTIRE WORLD I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO LAUNCH A NUCLEAR HEAD BUT I'LL DO IT
Yeah, but I think it's more like Ami and Maya cuz mentioning Sekai is like a trigger to Sensei

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Sensei later mentions Nao-chan's eyes match Ami's and Maya's:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
after the "two most important figures" mention:
So, it's likely those two are who Sensei considers the two most important figures in his life.

However, Ami also has her mother's eyes:
So, Nao-chan might actually have Sekai's, instead of Ami's.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Might be completely unrelated, but this eye conversation just reminded me that Sensei saw "familiar eyes" back during the 3rd reset in 'Backwards Dancing':
This could actually be referring to Nao-chan or perhaps something like her. It could imply that, like the tv program, Nao-chan might be related to The Upside Down House.

Last edited:

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
This piece might be an old news already: while reviewing Sensei's box carrying trips with Maya, I counted 4 times, and each is separated with a reset. I.e., Secrets Worth Keeping 1st reset Close Your Eyes 2nd reset What it Means to Be Destroyed 3rd reset Everlasting Mercy 4th reset.

While still having zero idea about the content inside each box or the purpose of these trips are (my personal favorite theory I saw here is that it's just Maya bringing camping supplies lol), what I noticed is that this pattern has been broken; Maya did not visit the school again with her box at least on screen before the 5th reset hits. If she didn't do this trip during that autopiloting 2-month skip, this might imply that carrying her box to the school at night isn't an absolute requirement to survive a reset, either from the POV of Maya or Sensei.

Unlessssssss, the box this time was delivered to the school during yet another midnight by something else, and had impacted how the 5th reset ended.
1690081743749.png

Also, I noticed a few things after reading Close Your Eyes again.
1) When delivering her quote "forcing people to do things they're not comfortable with is the best way to move them forward", what Sensei thought of is him kissing Yumi before before evading Maya's question. However, who is that someone Maya mentioned that would be very upset to hear Sensei say that?
1690083041074.png
If it's actually Yumi, does this mean that Maya knew about that rapey kiss? (explanation here can be that, Maya didn't see it, but Sensei forcing tongue actions on Yumi is so scripted that every iteration did the same thing, to a point it disturbingly becomes a common knowledge to her). If it's not Yumi she's referring to, then who? herself? Sekai? Who else applies?

2) Maya has her own untold reasons to avoid visiting Nozomu/Sekai graveyard with Ami or Sensei, and it is not because of emotional attachments (also from the event she said "visit with Sensei", which I thought is a little weird when "visit with Ami" sounds more logical since at this time point Sensei did not know he tutored Maya).

While from a player perspective it makes sense considering the information pieces we gathered that point out how creepy these two entities are both divine and creepy, plus how much Maya hates gods. But from Maya's perspective, having a reason like that would indicate that she knows at least one of her best friend's dead parents are some celestial beings, and might be responsible for her suffering in the cycles or in those cryptic happy scenes.

Maybe Maya is the product of that fateful accident (don't ask me how) who was spawned into being only after or because of their deaths, and visiting there would have irreversible effect on her existence.

Or, the reason can be entirely within the normal human understanding; maybe she just dislikes the idea of Sensei visiting Sekai's grave because she knows Sekai is his first love, and this is actually jealousy doing the talk because in a way you can never get a win from his dead ex-girlfriend.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
This piece might be an old news already: while reviewing Sensei's box carrying trips with Maya, I counted 4 times, and each is separated with a reset. I.e., Secrets Worth Keeping 1st reset Close Your Eyes 2nd reset What it Means to Be Destroyed 3rd reset Everlasting Mercy 4th reset.

While still having zero idea about the content inside each box or the purpose of these trips are (my personal favorite theory I saw here is that it's just Maya bringing camping supplies lol), what I noticed is that this pattern has been broken; Maya did not visit the school again with her box at least on screen before the 5th reset hits. If she didn't do this trip during that autopiloting 2-month skip, this might imply that carrying her box to the school at night isn't an absolute requirement to survive a reset, either from the POV of Maya or Sensei.

Unlessssssss, the box this time was delivered to the school during yet another midnight by something else, and had impacted how the 5th reset ended.
View attachment 2792591

1) When delivering her quote "forcing people to do things they're not comfortable with is the best way to move them forward", what Sensei thought of is him kissing Yumi before before evading Maya's question. However, who is that someone Maya mentioned that would be very upset to hear Sensei say that?
View attachment 2792639
If it's actually Yumi, does this mean that Maya knew about that rapey kiss? (explanation here can be that, Maya didn't see it, but Sensei forcing tongue actions on Yumi is so scripted that every iteration did the same thing, to a point it disturbingly becomes a common knowledge to her). If it's not Yumi she's referring to, then who? herself? Sekai? Who else applies?

2) Maya has her own untold reasons to avoid visiting Nozomu/Sekai graveyard with Ami or Sensei, and it is not because of emotional attachments (also from the event she said "visit with Sensei", which I thought is a little weird when "visit with Ami" sounds more logical since at this time point Sensei did not know he tutored Maya).

While from a player perspective it makes sense considering the information pieces we gathered that point out how creepy these two entities are both divine and creepy, plus how much Maya hates gods. But from Maya's perspective, having a reason like that would indicate that she knows at least one of her best friend's dead parents are some celestial beings, and might be responsible for her suffering in the cycles or in those cryptic happy scenes.

Maybe Maya is the product of that fateful accident (don't ask me how) who was spawned into being only after or because of their deaths, and visiting there would have irreversible effect on her existence.

Or, the reason can be entirely within the normal human understanding; maybe she just dislikes the idea of Sensei visiting Sekai's grave because she knows Sekai is his first love, and this is actually jealousy doing the talk because in a way you can never get a win from his dead ex-girlfriend.
Some very big thinks there brother... very interesting.

Reactions: AbsoluteA522

Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023

View attachment 2792591

View attachment 2792639

1) Just seems like how Selebus wrote it in a way wanted to catch the player off guard for the event... world building 'early' on in the VN. The event(s) leading up to encounter 'Close Your Eyes' also have the pre-req of the player to progressing w/ Yumi anyways to eventually unlock it. I don't think Maya would've/could've known by that point(?) as later she mentions she "can't go to the Old District" during Tsuneyo's introduction to Sensei's class in Chapter 1.

2) There is an event to where Sekai was talking about Maya, but not specifically mentioning her name. To where it seemed in the dialogue that she was envy/spited of her for being close w/ Sensei.
source: trust me bro, i couldn't find what event it's from =(

- could've/would've/maybe/probably/assuming - I try not to use these as it's just theory crafting at that point.

- In the case of 2), assuming Sensei and Maya told each other about their fucked up backgrounds way back when before Sensei's memory wipe, then that's probably why she doesn't want to visit their grave. I don't think no one knows about Sensei's past yet without theory crafting other than the Player, Sensei to an extent, Daisy/T girl and the 3 gods... and that one man who saw Sekai making out with Sensei.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019

View attachment 2792591

View attachment 2792639

There's actually multiple boxes that Maya has, and seems to move to the school:
Sensei just tends to help with one every once in awhile. That specific one he tends to carry could hold some significance though. Still, I'm pretty sure she carries most of the boxes off screen anyway.

I'm also thinking most things Maya says are actually in relation to her or perhaps her past self (She's a little narcissistic). She's likely upset he's not agreeing with her saying forcing people to do things is best (since that is likely what their relationship was based upon, hence Sensei abandoning the Nakayama's), and the reason she doesn't want to visit the grave is likely because she's not a fan of Sekai. Possibly even jealous of her like she is of Niki:
Albeit I think her feelings for Sekai run deeper than hers for Niki. Maybe even is the actual reason she hates Noriko so much. Sekai isn't around to hate and blame, and Noriko reminds Sensei of Sekai:
Possibly something that Maya is aware of. Could be wrong though, and there's some other reason she doesn't visit the grave. Maybe it just upsets Ami.

I also don't think Maya knows much about Yumi's and Sensei's relationship:
His blackouts around her, him forcing himself on her, or even him seemingly stalking her before the resets, seem like things Maya doesn't actually know about.

Maya seems rather Yumi-blind:
Especially considering how Sensei, when he was Maya's boyfriend, used to somewhat creep on and stalk Yumi:
Something I can't see Maya permitting if she was aware of it back then. Yumi might be somewhat like a blind spot of hers. Perhaps could be related to why Maya seemed to have no clue who Kaori was:
Yumi's cousin.

Of course, these are mostly just theories.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
1) Just seems like how Selebus wrote it in a way wanted to catch the player off guard for the event... world building 'early' on in the VN. The event(s) leading up to encounter 'Close Your Eyes' also have the pre-req of the player to progressing w/ Yumi anyways to eventually unlock it. I don't think Maya would've/could've known by that point(?) as later she mentions she "can't go to the Old District" during Tsuneyo's introduction to Sensei's class in Chapter 1.

2) There is an event to where Sekai was talking about Maya, but not specifically mentioning her name. To where it seemed in the dialogue that she was envy/spited of her for being close w/ Sensei.
source: trust me bro, i couldn't find what event it's from =(

- could've/would've/maybe/probably/assuming - I try not to use these as it's just theory crafting at that point.

- In the case of 2), assuming Sensei and Maya told each other about their fucked up backgrounds way back when before Sensei's memory wipe, then that's probably why she doesn't want to visit their grave. I don't think no one knows about Sensei's past yet without theory crafting other than the Player, Sensei to an extent, Daisy/T girl and the 3 gods... and that one man who saw Sekai making out with Sensei.
Teacher aka Sekai seems to mention Maya back in the first Happy Event 'The Room With Clocks':
Unless she's referring to someone else with a watermelon fetish which seems doubtful.

It's also implied that Maya knows about Sekai by The Shapeshifter as Maya mentioning Sensei's first and second loves:
Sensei's first love likely being Sekai, and Second likely being Niki, with his Third being Maya.

I think the only main characters aware of Sensei having an actual relationship with Sekai, are Maya and maybe Ami. Albeit, I doubt either know the whole story. Of course, there's also Yasu who might know, but technically it's her god who might know.

Last edited:

AbsoluteA522

Jun 17, 2023
I came across something while re-watching the happy events. specifically the 'Good boy' event.
During the event one of the background themes that play while sensei was sitting on a chair is called "maincharacter" which is just a deep pitched (dark?) version of "sidecharacter" theme that was played in one of sara's events. Why is that?

Normally with LIL soundtracks when there's a dark version of a theme it's supposed to be a sad or a bad version. in other words a (worse) version

Which means that sel is trying to say that being a main character is actually WORSE than being a side character.

the reason being that when you're THE main character you have the ability to do WHATEVER you want.. But of course there are always CONSEQUENCES and results of your actions. and in sensei's case.. he made a lot of wrong decisions and actions.

and the worst thing about these consequences is not how other people judge you and see you. but the constant judgment of your OWN mind that keeps tormenting you in every waking moment. (best example here is the molly halloween accident)

in conclusion :
The lesson here (because lessons in love heh) is that just because you can do something and get away with it because PrOtAgOnIsT. . You shouldn't do anything that can hurt others.
Because once you make that one mistake.. you'll start seeing yourself as a bad person. then a horrible person. then the literal scum of the earth.. and even if you got to correct every mistake. Even if you were forgiven. YOU WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOURSELF!

PRAISE BE!

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023
I came across something while re-watching the happy events. specifically the 'Good boy' event.
During the event one of the background themes that play while sensei was sitting on a chair is called "maincharacter" which is just a deep pitched (dark?) version of "sidecharacter" theme that was played in one of sara's events. Why is that?

Normally with LIL soundtracks when there's a dark version of a theme it's supposed to be a sad or a bad version. in other words a (worse) version

Which means that sel is trying to say that being a main character is actually WORSE than being a side character.

the reason being that when you're THE main character you have the ability to do WHATEVER you want.. But of course there are always CONSEQUENCES and results of your actions. and in sensei's case.. he made a lot of wrong decisions and actions.

and the worst thing about these consequences is not how other people judge you and see you. but the constant judgment of your OWN mind that keeps tormenting you in every waking moment. (best example here is the molly halloween accident)

in conclusion :
The lesson here (because lessons in love heh) is that just because you can do something and get away with it because PrOtAgOnIsT. . You shouldn't do anything that can hurt others.
Because once you make that one mistake.. you'll start seeing yourself as a bad person. then a horrible person. then the literal scum of the earth.. and even if you got to correct every mistake. Even if you were forgiven. YOU WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOURSELF!

PRAISE BE!
Subjectively, points can be made with the maincharacter.mp3/sidecharacter.mp3 being played for the first half of the happy event, "Good Boy."

I wouldn't call the soundtrack playing in the background for the first half of the event a 'worse' version of with how it usually sounds calm/soothing whenever it does play. In this event, however, it does give off a somber/melancholic feeling (at least to me) with how the event is staged.

Though its understandable w/ how a good amount of soundtracks get altered/distorted giving it a 'worse' or even an uneasy feeling to the Player when Sensei does starts seeing or hearing disturbing triggers/things from his point of view.

It seems that for most (not all) heroines in the VN that they are bettering themselves in their lives as the story progresses. In Sara's case during the event, "Nicholas Cage" the Player got an event w/out the need of Sensei inserting himself to interact with them like an MC/Protagonist usually does. Not everything has to revolve around him. In this case, it does feel like Sara has/is expected to have some character growth even if its just a little bit from Sara's point of view during the event.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AbsoluteA522
4.20 star(s) 295 Votes