JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
I assume Nothing as the second god also because the event There is Nothing is its first intro
Wow, nice catch. Even if it is overthinking
btw the two moon things I mentioned is Yasu's comment on Nodoka's horrible horror storytelling in Cicadian Rhythm; that part is gated and cannot be reviewed in replay (goddamnit Selly boy STOP!). I can't have it play with URM either (or I don't know how) so here is a save that starts from where renpy cuts short.
Yep, I remember that, just lost place when you mentioned it :). So nevermind

Reactions: fdsasdf_p

k1n5l4y3r

Jun 20, 2018
Well on the same Frankincense & Myrrh event, when Akira decides to stay and listen she says:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But at the same time she can't really see the actions of the third god, and Pareidolia is trying to assume control of Akira's actions, as in the Nodoka and Haruka scene where if you don't give it control it quits the game.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Another insight

Whom does narrator adress as "you" from the begining of game? It is just a feeling, but isn't he talking to Sekai right now? It is not obliged to be breaking of fourth wall, it could be inner monologue all the way long

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
Whom does narrator adress as "you" from the begining of game? It is just a feeling, but isn't he talking to Sekai right now? It is not obliged to be breaking of fourth wall, it could be inner monologue all the way long
It's never consistent.
Sometimes he's talking to Sensei, sometimes he's monologuing, other times he's talking to the player. It depends on who the narrator at the time is as well.
For Pareidolia for example, I think it could be either Sensei or the player, Selebus narrator is usually to the player, Wire God is usually to Sensei, etc.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
Some thoughts about Futaba's horror story.

It's about a girl who got lost in a town where no one speaks and travels up an apartment building up to floor 64(?) (the famous attic?) to find her own corpse and gets killed (pushed down stairs) by a cat.

There are two major times where cats seem to be important as far as i remember.
Baby Finches, where Maya says she killed cats on her way to school (always thought that this was outstandingly weird)
and
The Stray Cat, which seems to refer to Maya.

I wonder if Futaba made that story up by intuition and it's related to weak memory of the past, or what's above Kumon'mi and or the Upside Down House.
Like she faintly remembers that Maya killed people to keep things under control and this is part of a repeating cycle.
Could also be the reason why Nodoka gave up on the horror story and shifted things away from it with her "Love Story".

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
For unknown reason I started to actualy read Yasu's monologues.

So why don't we discuss our unholy trinity once more?

We either still in "Not enough reliable information" phase or there is something interesting here. Trichotomy Callous/Calm/Concerned does not match Everything/Nothing/Rope well, but let Everything/Nothing be on Yasu's perception for now. The point here is that two gods are at war and third is keeping neutralty (common trope, isn't it?)
1) It is interesting because we haven't been given reliable discriminator for who fights for whom yet. Anyway, there is some ideato rely on angels/rabbits color, because why not. With that assumtion, sides of war can be represented by Sekai and Hope.
Yasu god sounds more Sekaish than Hopeish (if we think about them as about different gods, obviously). It also explains rabbits and angels colors mismatch, which is a problem of "default" theory: there is no mismatch, both of them are on "Dark side". I do not like this conclusion, it contradicts the idea that linkage between Hope and Sensei is the reason Yasu calls him her god's favorite.

As an alternative, Sekai can be in opposition to Yasu's god. It does not sounds very natural, but a) we know almost nothing about Sekai's backstory b) from last events, Sekai might be "not callous" more than "Lust Eater".

2) "Default" Unholy Trinity theory seems a bit broken. Especialy in the part when order is important.

We have Callous/Calm/Concerned. We also know it is same trichotomy as "The Lust Eater" / "The Wire God" / "The Dark".
Next, the important part, we assume they are Hope (Nozomu)/Wire god/Pareidolia.

DeSkel mentioned (AFAIR) recently, that "The Dark" does not fit Pareidolia well. The more i think about it, the more I question miself "how do we know that pareidolia is Concerned god"? For all I know, he might be Callous god as well.

Now we also have Everything/Nothing/Rope trichotomy. War between Callous and Calm is strange, and how Callous could be everything? With (1) it sounds more like not understanding what is goind on, than some misinterpritations

Sidenote: If Callous/Calm/Concerned in that order survives, we might suprisingly find that Ami is callous, Maya is calm and Ayane is concerned. It sounds less insane after "Flowerchild"

3) This is not about "default" theories and more about my own thoughts. Initialy i linked existance of Kumon-me to agony of dying god, but now that god is not just dying, but also fights in the war. That not sounds like an agony. If there is a war, it opens some room for Sensei as Faust, who obliged to choose a god to help him win a bet or smth like that. Simple and explains amount of divine interventions in his live

PS by "default" i name theories that I think are common within community. If they aren't, they aren't

PPS Yasu alsmost identified her god with rope in that event. And Sekai with her god. Interesting, isn't it?
Kind of long response revolving around Yasu's 'Frankincense & Myrrh':

As for my Pareidolia misinterpretation:

I could probably talk about this shit for days, but to be honest, everything could change with a single update, just by something new being revealed or something old being revealed to be a lie or false truth. Unfortunately, it's been implied that something has been purposely misleading the player/theorists:
And who knows who is lying:
Even this Italic Narrator who seems to actually be The Shapeshifter could be lying.

Last edited:

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023

I could probably talk about this shit for days, but to be honest, everything could change with a single update, just by something new being revealed or something old being revealed to be a lie or false truth. Unfortunately, it's been implied that something has been purposely misleading the player/theorists:
Even this Italic Narrator who seems to actually be The Shapeshifter could be lying.
Thank you, I needed this <3

Reactions: DeSkel15

Bingus Bongus

Jun 12, 2023
Much as I enjoy hypothesizing, I don't partake for the reason DeSkel just mentioned: We lack concrete information. It seems generally accepted that the god-trinity of Callous/Calm/Concerned are the same beings as Hope/Wires/Pareidolia because it survives Occam's Razor, but honestly we don't even know THAT for certain.

Riolol

Jan 14, 2021

My theory on Yasu is that she's basically being used and manipulated by her god and this will break her pretty badly if/when she finds out. It's one thing to learn your god isn't real, it would be quite another to learn they are real but have been lying to you the whole time. Poor girl thinks she is an angel in training when she is actually just a pawn.

JelF547

Mar 15, 2023
Much as I enjoy hypothesizing, I don't partake for the reason DeSkel just mentioned: We lack concrete information. It seems generally accepted that the god-trinity of Callous/Calm/Concerned are the same beings as Hope/Wires/Pareidolia because it survives Occam's Razor, but honestly we don't even know THAT for certain.
But we can challenge this theory now. At least it looks like that

Mori Enjoyer

Apr 7, 2023
Sel has really been pushing for Imani scenes. At least that's how it feels to me whenever some dialogue comes up like; "you two haven't hooked up yet?" Mostly paraphrasing here, but feels like a foundation being built.

I'm all for it, but I'm hoping it's not some side plot with how many Imani theories have been cooked in this thread so far and how they can probably hold up when/if big reveals do eventually happen.

Taking Yasu/Io for example, that came out of completely left field for me when An Apple Each Day/Yellow Cactus Flower dropped, I was devastatingly shocked.

Angiboat

Jun 22, 2020
My theory on Yasu is that she's basically being used and manipulated by her god and this will break her pretty badly if/when she finds out. It's one thing to learn your god isn't real, it would be quite another to learn they are real but have been lying to you the whole time. Poor girl thinks she is an angel in training when she is actually just a pawn.
With the weird "angel points" version of her, I think it's more that she has the "normal" personality that gets info from HOPE and just does what he asks and is pretty clueless otherwise, and a personality that's trying to evolve into a potential Angel 3 and preaches even harder than the normal one, and actually (seem to?) knows a lot of things and is very assertive with that knowledge.

Reactions: DeSkel15 and Riolol

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
For unknown reason I started to actualy read Yasu's monologues.

So why don't we discuss our unholy trinity once more?

We either still in "Not enough reliable information" phase or there is something interesting here. Trichotomy Callous/Calm/Concerned does not match Everything/Nothing/Rope well, but let Everything/Nothing be on Yasu's perception for now. The point here is that two gods are at war and third is keeping neutralty (common trope, isn't it?)
1) It is interesting because we haven't been given reliable discriminator for who fights for whom yet. Anyway, there is some ideato rely on angels/rabbits color, because why not. With that assumtion, sides of war can be represented by Sekai and Hope.
Yasu god sounds more Sekaish than Hopeish (if we think about them as about different gods, obviously). It also explains rabbits and angels colors mismatch, which is a problem of "default" theory: there is no mismatch, both of them are on "Dark side". I do not like this conclusion, it contradicts the idea that linkage between Hope and Sensei is the reason Yasu calls him her god's favorite.

As an alternative, Sekai can be in opposition to Yasu's god. It does not sounds very natural, but a) we know almost nothing about Sekai's backstory b) from last events, Sekai might be "not callous" more than "Lust Eater".

2) "Default" Unholy Trinity theory seems a bit broken. Especialy in the part when order is important.

We have Callous/Calm/Concerned. We also know it is same trichotomy as "The Lust Eater" / "The Wire God" / "The Dark".
Next, the important part, we assume they are Hope (Nozomu)/Wire god/Pareidolia.

DeSkel mentioned (AFAIR) recently, that "The Dark" does not fit Pareidolia well. The more i think about it, the more I question miself "how do we know that pareidolia is Concerned god"? For all I know, he might be Callous god as well.

Now we also have Everything/Nothing/Rope trichotomy. War between Callous and Calm is strange, and how Callous could be everything? With (1) it sounds more like not understanding what is goind on, than some misinterpritations

Sidenote: If Callous/Calm/Concerned in that order survives, we might suprisingly find that Ami is callous, Maya is calm and Ayane is concerned. It sounds less insane after "Flowerchild"

3) This is not about "default" theories and more about my own thoughts. Initialy i linked existance of Kumon-me to agony of dying god, but now that god is not just dying, but also fights in the war. That not sounds like an agony. If there is a war, it opens some room for Sensei as Faust, who obliged to choose a god to help him win a bet or smth like that. Simple and explains amount of divine interventions in his live

PS by "default" i name theories that I think are common within community. If they aren't, they aren't

PPS Yasu alsmost identified her god with rope in that event. And Sekai with her god. Interesting, isn't it?
Pareidolia more likely than not is "Concerned".

Here, I'll outline my current paradigm (my highlights in purple or gold):

[Warning, a bit long]

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I think Yasu is actually completely fine with being a pawn. She even seems to want to be used by it. I mean her religion intentionally treats her as a baby maker:
Yasu also seems to value her god far more than herself:

I think the only thing that would really break her at this point, is murdering her god with many eyes, before her eyes.

I can also see Tsuneyo being some sort of "God-killer in training", designed to combat Yasu's god:
So, that'd be interesting.

Algorist

Jul 18, 2022
I think Yasu is actually completely fine with being a pawn. She even seems to want to be used by it. I mean her religion intentionally treats her as a baby maker:
Yasu also seems to value her god far more than herself:

I think the only thing that would really break her at this point, is murdering her god with many eyes, before her eyes.

I can also see Tsuneyo being some sort of "God-killer in training", designed to combat Yasu's god:
So, that'd be interesting.
Tsuneyo as the child of Wires. A weapon carefully nurtured to slay its counterpart. I like it. Fits quite nicely in my theory.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes