blackredfish

Feb 10, 2018
Meanwhile, I'm happy to finally have update that won't come out while I'm at work.

Not that this stops me from playing it, it's just a bit more convenient this way.
Yeah, I'm always at work too but it's nice to come back home and have the game ready to play. This time around I can play it as soon as it get leaked but... I already know how this is going to go:

- "Don't be an idiot, you can play the game tomorrow with a cleared head, you'll enjoy it more that way"
- "I can play this for an hour or two and then have like maybe 5 hours of sleep, that's not too bad, stop being a puss"
- "It's late but you can finish the update, it's friday, last day of the week, you have the weekend to recover"
- *ends the update* "ok just have time for a short nap, but I'll make it worth it"
- *can´t sleep, can´t stop thinking of the game*
- *at work* coworker: dude, what's with that face, go get a cup of coffee.
- Me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
Meanwhile, I'm happy to finally have update that won't come out while I'm at work.

Not that this stops me from playing it, it's just a bit more convenient this way.
Same; if this update was to leak like past usual times, I'd be right about now locating a secluded office, pretending that I was working on an important matter that must not be disturbed.
(while making sure no one sneaks up behind me...)

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Yeah, I'm always at work too but it's nice to come back home and have the game ready to play. This time around I can play it as soon as it get leaked but... I already know how this is going to go:

- "Don't be an idiot, you can play the game tomorrow with a cleared head, you'll enjoy it more that way"
- "I can play this for an hour or two and then have like maybe 5 hours of sleep, that's not too bad, stop being a puss"
- "It's late but you can finish the update, it's friday, last day of the week, you have the weekend to recover"
- *ends the update* "ok just have time for a short nap, but I'll make it worth it"
- *can´t sleep, can´t stop thinking of the game*
- *at work* coworker: dude, what's with that face, go get a cup of coffee.
- Me:
There was a time that I used to dream about this game, like making choices in my dreams or about what I used to think what was happening and the first minutes at waking up I was still confused like not sure if I was still in a VN or not.

Crazy times, brain is surely a interesting thing

E, EGG TIME egg-meme-head-all-must-serve-the-cycle.jpeg

Last edited:

jameswitcher

Jun 2, 2018
someone in the Dissonance discord said they were going to remake all the LIL characters using AI.

Its crazy how AI can capture their personalities so well

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Someone asked about whether or not Sel had gone in and changed early content again since the revamp, and I had said that I didn't believe so.

Going back through the early events and skipping text (set to stop on unseen text) has proven me wrong. It's not anything of consequence, but Ayane's pimping the DoorDash Dashpass promotion pretty hard in the first slumber party in Chapter 1 (the one that happens before the sandbox opens up). Every single frame is showing as new text.

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Someone asked about whether or not Sel had gone in and changed early content again since the revamp, and I had said that I didn't believe so.

Going back through the early events and skipping text (set to stop on unseen text) has proven me wrong. It's not anything of consequence, but Ayane's pimping the DoorDash Dashpass promotion pretty hard in the first slumber party in Chapter 1 (the one that happens before the sandbox opens up). Every single frame is showing as new text.
In my experience all the replay system is pretty fkd up , there are entire events that I have already seen that I can't skip when replaying or watching a replay, mostly from ch 2 in my case.

Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
In my experience all the replay system is pretty fkd up , there are entire events that I have already seen that I can't skip when replaying or watching a replay, mostly from ch 2 in my case.
Something as minor as placing a comma treats a text box as "unseen text," and Sel is enough of a perfectionist that if someone points out a typo, he's gonna fix it in the next update. So it stopping on text that feels entirely-familiar is probably a spelling or comma fix, and I've gotten a fair few of those.

But there was a whole product-placement joke about DoorDash and FedEx that I don't remember being there when I played through it all last year.

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021

Don't forget that every typo Sel fixes will cause a "new text". Which can't be skipped.
So it isn't limited to chp1.
I, among others (i guess), asked if anyone knows if Sel retconned stuff.
Beyond typos, but lore/story.
Like, i thought Sekai was wearing a cross (christian) in the event where she offers Akira a piggyback ride, which she does not.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Don't forget that every typo Sel fixes will cause a "new text". Which can't be skipped.
So it isn't limited to chp1.
I, among others (i guess), asked if anyone knows if Sel retconned stuff.
Beyond typos, but lore/story.
Like, i thought Sekai was wearing a cross (christian) in the event where she offers Akira a piggyback ride, which she does not.
I've noticed in the past that some seem to think that Noriko found Sensei so that he could tutor her or something, but it's stated that Niki told her parents about Sensei tutoring, then they called Sensei and set things up for Noriko:

Presumably this was around when Noriko was 6:

Could just be people forgetting what was actually said though, instead of some retcon. Similar to the Mandela effect or something.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bingoogus

BlackDays

Jan 30, 2021
I've noticed in the past that some seem to think that Noriko found Sensei so that he could tutor her or something, but it's stated that Niki told her parents about Sensei tutoring, then they called Sensei and set things up for Noriko:

Presumably this was around when Noriko was 6:

Could just be people forgetting what was actually said though, instead of some retcon. Similar to the Mandela effect or something.
That one i know. Had a discussion with someone about that long ago. Could have been anyone, could have been you.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That one i know. Had a discussion with someone about that long ago. Could have been anyone, could have been you.
Did you ever find out if it was actually a retcon or just false memories? I've seen no actual evidence for the former.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
What do you mean exactly?
I mean that I've been curious about whether or not the whole "Noriko found Sensei to get tutored" thing was just a false memory some had or not.

As far as I know, it's never actually been in the game. I was asking if you knew otherwise, but I'll probably just get an old version and figure it out myself one day either way.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
2 more hours... this sucks man, i want to be asleep but it ain't happening after this long a wait, need my fix already.
Imagine how I felt today, waiting on the release and then realising it's PM this time and not AM, like usual. Not that i can't wait, I'm not an addict or anything, really. I can stop at any time, trully. I don't have a problem.

butterfly boy

Feb 13, 2023
It's out now Sel just announced in the discord
Imagine how I felt today, waiting on the release and then realising it's PM this time and not AM, like usual. Not that i can't wait, I'm not an addict or anything, really. I can stop at any time, trully. I don't have a problem.
Imagine not staying up until 2 AM... That's literally me every update

4.20 star(s) 295 Votes