Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
820k vs 884k chapter 2. Chapter 1 was 582k before 0.24 (based on official changelog info)

According to my measurements, 0.1.0 - 0.6.0 was as eventfull as 0.7.0-0.16.0, and since 0.17.0 there were less important events, than in 0.1.0-0.6.0. I still need to update underlying model, because it does not feels like this, but there is major loss of pace since 3rd reset anyways
Let's not forget that, pretty much, 1/3rd of all the content is sensei rumbling in his mind some useless thoughts that dont move story even slightly, which I, personally, skip for a while now.

Jul 23, 2021
Deskel gave me the thinky react that means my unhinged post has value owo. (For legal reasons that's a joke)

Geuninely I think it's simply then responding to their already established notion(ages ago they said so somewhere?) that they don't wish to write branching paths anymore? They want to just present a huge singular storyline regardless of the fact they already made all these branching path things and doesn't want to upset any patrons who enjoy them? (they would rather write just a genuine VN without sandbox aspects?)

IDK how real those responses are but tbf I like the sandbox shit even if i'm been playing stuff recently that took me300+ days to progress a character. I like everything that LiL has given me from it's conception and quite frankly i can't imagine changes anymore?

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Deskel gave me the thinky react that means my unhinged post has value owo. (For legal reasons that's a joke)

Geuninely I think it's simply then responding to their already established notion(ages ago they said so somewhere?) that they don't wish to write branching paths anymore? They want to just present a huge singular storyline regardless of the fact they already made all these branching path things and doesn't want to upset any patrons who enjoy them? (they would rather write just a genuine VN without sandbox aspects?)

IDK how real those responses are but tbf I like the sandbox shit even if i'm been playing stuff recently that took me300+ days to progress a character. I like everything that LiL has given me from it's conception and quite frankly i can't imagine changes anymore?
Your "everyone might be an aspect of Maya" theory actually reminded me of my old "This might just be an effed up love story fabricated by Maya" theory.

Which I still haven't discarded, because Maya herself seems possibly fucked up enough to put a version of herself through hell and call it love. She's apparently aware of "Denpa" and likes dark and weird stories:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To the point that Ami's response, when it came to the resets, was that Maya reads too many weird manga:

Of course, Maya is likely just lying about the Rooftop since she thinks memories of her and Sensei seeing eachother up there like in 'Baby Finches' would break him.

Overall: It's not impossible that the characters we know are more like stereotypes of themselves that Maya added in to make her story more interesting. Possibly serving as shapeshifted alters or aspects of herself, similar to Long Maya and Moyo.

It's a theory that likely won't matter until Endgame, though.

Nevertheless, I still really want to know what's up with the Scary Maya Face:
And AmIOkay Maya:
and how exactly they came about.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Also, the whole "False Moon" thing mentioned by Makoto(?):
Has been on my mind as of late.

I'm assuming it's related to the 3 Moons mentioned by Nodoka:
And to why Yasu could apparently only see 2:

Overall: I have a few theories, but I definitely need more intel.

fdsasdf_p

Apr 24, 2021
I find it’s a mixture of things. The game has become bogged down with recurring events, Halloween, Christmas, dorm wars, beach trip… not to mention resets. All of these events barely push anything forward and result in a huge chunk of the updates just devoted to wheel spinning.

On top of that the updates being devoted to a set number of characters each getting a set number of events regardless of how much he wants to move that plot along results in countless events of basically filler.

And there are just too many characters. He wants a slow burn with most of them, and you couple that with a game of thrones size cast and well, it can be years before a character you may have been invested in is more than a background character.

I think this game would feel less tedious if he limited the recurring events to 2 a year and the character updates wouldn’t thes 3-4 girls get 3-4 events. Instead just have 9-12 events or whatever the update average is where they could all be the same or all be different girls based on what story is actually worth telling. But as one of the stated purposes of the game is to waste player time, that seems unlikely.
I have a similar feeling for dorm wars.

Unlike actual holidays that are repetitive by nature and increasingly boring just like how they are irl, the dorm war is a fresh cute idea that gets overly used a little too much.

We have maybe one or two big moments in the 2nd and 3rd dorm wars, and the rest feels like fillers before the intended main course is served. Not to mention the actual impact of which floor wins for the recent wars really is MIA, putting the idea of a competition into a meh state (I probably can’t put blame on the 2nd war for this due to how it ended, but the 3rd one? meh)

I still enjoy these slices of life moments even though they really are wheel spinning, and I crave major strides in plots just as much as you do. But the hype for the wars itself for me is already gone; it’s just too similar to yet another trip or holiday they spend together, with a slight difference in how meaninglessly aggro and/or competitive they are toward each other.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
Another thing pertaining to a Maya from this update. One of them was referred to as "THE PROTOTYPE"
At least I assume it must be referring to a Maya. Following that assumption raises some questions in my mind as to the nature of all the messed up Mayas. Is someone/thing trying to make a new Maya? Is that how they all came to be? But if that were the case why is only one of them "THE PROTOTYPE"? And which one is it? Could it be our Maya?
Or maybe... maybe it could be whatever version of Maya we end up with after the reset?

Alternatively it might be referring to someone else. Who or what though, I don't have many ideas. The sort of Ami looking Sana from the puzzle event? That does not make much sense to me.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I have a similar feeling for dorm wars.

Unlike actual holidays that are repetitive by nature and increasingly boring just like how they are irl, the dorm war is a fresh cute idea that gets overly used a little too much.

We have maybe one or two big moments in the 2nd and 3rd dorm wars, and the rest feels like fillers before the intended main course is served. Not to mention the actual impact of which floor wins for the recent wars really is MIA, putting the idea of a competition into a meh state (I probably can’t put blame on the 2nd war for this due to how it ended, but the 3rd one? meh)

I still enjoy these slices of life moments even though they really are wheel spinning, and I crave major strides in plots just as much as you do. But the hype for the wars itself for me is already gone; it’s just too similar to yet another trip or holiday they spend together, with a slight difference in how meaninglessly aggro and/or competitive they are toward each other.
With the combo holiday/dorm wars being a thing. How long do you think it will be before Selebus goes mad and makes a dorm war X dorm war update.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
Another thing pertaining to a Maya from this update. One of them was referred to as "THE PROTOTYPE"
At least I assume it must be referring to a Maya. Following that assumption raises some questions in my mind as to the nature of all the messed up Mayas. Is someone/thing trying to make a new Maya? Is that how they all came to be? But if that were the case why is only one of them "THE PROTOTYPE"? And which one is it? Could it be our Maya?
Or maybe... maybe it could be whatever version of Maya we end up with after the reset?

Alternatively it might be referring to someone else. Who or what though, I don't have many ideas. The sort of Ami looking Sana from the puzzle event? That does not make much sense to me.
Definitely leaning towards it referring to the new Maya. At least it seems like she'll be retaining her watermelon fetish, in her programming. (Unless fucking with the Melon fucked up the Prototype)

That sticky note being in only lower case, also possibly means it's from Pareidolia.

If I were to guess, it's probably wanting to replace Maya in order to keep Sensei "happy". And submissive.

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
I find it’s a mixture of things. The game has become bogged down with recurring events, Halloween, Christmas, dorm wars, beach trip… not to mention resets. All of these events barely push anything forward and result in a huge chunk of the updates just devoted to wheel spinning.
So, I think that these events happening with more and more frequency will actually get addressed in the game... there's a point where Akira says something along the lines of "wait, Christmas? Didn't we just have that?" where all these special events seem to be happening more and more quickly (DeSkel15 pls back me up with screenshots thank you).

I'd like to believe that this will be related to the various gods fighting each other for power, trying to wrest control back to themselves, thus sort of "speeding up" time? But at the same time, that might just be a convenient excuse for Sel to keep cramming these events in as well.

o7Meh

Sep 17, 2023
Could someone share an save with all of the events unlocked? And im using guide mod, not sure does it matter on the save

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
So, I think that these events happening with more and more frequency will actually get addressed in the game... there's a point where Akira says something along the lines of "wait, Christmas? Didn't we just have that?" where all these special events seem to be happening more and more quickly (DeSkel15 pls back me up with screenshots thank you).

I'd like to believe that this will be related to the various gods fighting each other for power, trying to wrest control back to themselves, thus sort of "speeding up" time? But at the same time, that might just be a convenient excuse for Sel to keep cramming these events in as well.
Here you go:
More or less, ever since that time skip to Beachmas, time has been out of whack.

Personally this speeding up of time, I think is likely related to why Pareidolia is becoming more involved, and why HOPE seemed to be getting desperate before simply dumping Sensei. Summer is over now. HOPE's season has passed and Sensei didn't take what he shouldn't. At least, he didn't take what HOPE seemed to want him to take: Sana.

HOPE even seemed to be making Sana extra horny just to speed things up. In retrospect, this might have been HOPE speaking:
Hence the all caps.

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Here you go:
More or less, ever since that time skip to Beachmas, time has been out of wack.

Personally this speeding up of time, I think is likely related to why Pareidolia is becoming more involved, and why HOPE seemed to be getting desperate before simply dumping Sensei. Summer is over now. HOPE's season has passed and Sensei didn't take what he shouldn't. At least, he didn't take what HOPE seemed to want him to take: Sana.

HOPE even seemed to be making Sana extra horny just to speed things up. In retrospect, this might have been HOPE speaking:
Hence the all caps.
I'm less charitable, I think the reason time is all out of whack is because he had issues with patreon and then later an inane war with f95 that ate up time and messed up his release schedule, along with other things like his marriage and honeymoon that have taken away from his release schedule. I don't care that he takes time off, but that he feels the need to line up events in game with real life release dates is why all of this is getting mashed together and he's just writing his way out of it. I dont believe for a second that it was all planned this way. I'll give him credit, he gets creative about things when he wants to.

It's why I don't think this game will really hold up after it's finished, so much of it is tied to it's actual development meta.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
I'm less charitable, I think the reason time is all out of whack is because he had issues with patreon and then later an inane war with f95 that ate up time and messed up his release schedule, along with other things like his marriage and honeymoon that have taken away from his release schedule. I don't care that he takes time off, but that he feels the need to line up events in game with real life release dates is why all of this is getting mashed together and he's just writing his way out of it. I dont believe for a second that it was all planned this way. I'll give him credit, he gets creative about things when he wants to.

It's why I don't think this game will really hold up after it's finished, so much of it is tied to it's actual development meta.
Isn't that patreon and F95 stuff old news by this point? I think that stuff happened around when the rework happened back in .24. Over 10 updates, and over a year ago. Sounds like Sel already managed that stuff.

Not to mention if things are being rushed, Sel will probably just rework them down the road. This game is only a WIP afterall.

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
That Raid Shadow Shit though, is definitely dated imo.

Edit: Albeit, the game is seemingly taking place in 2020, so it makes sense I guess.

Last edited:

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
Isn't that patreon and F95 stuff old news by this point? I think that stuff happened around when the rework happened back in .24. Over 10 updates, and over a year ago. Sounds like Sel already managed that stuff.

Not to mention if things are being rushed, Sel will probably just rework them down the road. This game is only a WIP afterall.
yeah, but that's also when things started slipping time wise eventually leading to things getting combined and all of the time getting weird. Oh, also the rework of the first chapter, sorry forgot about that...

iamnamedCid

Apr 17, 2023
Lessons in Love Android Port [v0.37.0]

Download APK(93.4 MB)-
Download Data(3.66 GB)-

Why not all in one package/ APK?
Because the installations are invalid (at least on my tested devices) if the package size is above 2GB, and lowering the quality more than this would make it very ugly to look at.

Please let me know if there is any issues, and if not and works for you, maybe give me a (y).

Last edited:

crustlord12

Jun 24, 2020
Yeah, my heart is saying that there's a lore-reason for this, and that it can all make sense in the end, but my brain is saying that it's definitely due to timelines getting changed and wasn't planned at all.

Reactions: Bingoogus

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Lessons in Love Android Port [v0.35.0] 1.65 GB

Download
- Pixeldrain Workupload

Lessons in Love Progress and Guide Mod by cckerberos is included as well. But some UI maybe a bit broken, as it is designed for PC.

This compacted version compresses a 10GB game into a 1.65GB package, due to that, differences in image quality WILL be noticeable.

Please let me know if there is any issues, and if not and works for you, maybe give me a (y).
A very helpful feature would be a quick way of using the button 'hide' since it is a very necessary mechanic in the game.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020

Rework was released in spring 2022. The Patreon stuff happened right before that.

There have been two waves of F95 fueding since then. The first was 3-4 updates into Chapter 3 (prompting the creation of the care packages), and the second a few months later (when care packages started getting leaked).

DSasha

Jul 31, 2023
Yeah, my heart is saying that there's a lore-reason for this, and that it can all make sense in the end, but my brain is saying that it's definitely due to timelines getting changed and wasn't planned at all.
I think that simply event-link chain/events/holidays are easier to advance the plot than actually making a scenario for it to develop.

I miss when not everything was that event link chains man

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes