Squalicorax

Jun 1, 2023
So what's up with Akira being consistently called Sekai in the early happy events. Was that always a thing? First in hexidecimal as his name when he asks Amiokay for his own hexidecimal alternate version, then in a different event she calls him that in japanese, "What is wrong, 世界?"
The implication seems to be that Sekai is to Akira what Amiokay is to Maya and I don't know what to make of that.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

siegabro

May 19, 2020
Also, what are the theories on what Sensei and Nao see after entering the Wire God's door in the forest? Had the same vibe as Truman's Show. Kumon-mi = simulation experiment confirmed?

Honga

Jan 31, 2019
Also I can't believe I actually finished this game...
It felt.. so long, I came home from work and played it... for months.
Now... it's finished...
My evening ritual... is no more...
Send support fellas
Just play from the beginning again. :D
With hindsight the plot will reveal itself on another level. And u might have missed one or two hints, developments etc during your first play through.

Apollo259

Sep 27, 2020
I don't remember the specifics of him being called Sekai. But one thing to consider about Akira's relationship with Maya that I don't think has been discussed much, Is how much their relationship mirrors his own relationship with Sekai. That mirroring, the fact that he is the one that put her in that position, and what he seems to take from it is really extremely fucked up.

He cares about her more than the others because he can understand her more than them as she is in the same position he was in with Sekai. Additionally and quite tragically, Maya seems to have come to the same conclusion In thinking that they are the only people that can understand each other.

I think I'm not doing a good job of expressing what I'm thinking about them. But essentially Akira is to Maya, What Sekai was to Akira. In this context their relationship is really quite dark, if not the darkest in the game so far.

Edit: Specifically, him doing to her what Sekai did to him being a major factor enabling their relationship to progress to the point that loosing her would break him in the way loosing Sekai broke him is just super fucked up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squalicorax
Aug 20, 2021
Also, what are the theories on what Sensei and Nao see after entering the Wire God's door in the forest? Had the same vibe as Truman's Show. Kumon-mi = simulation experiment confirmed?
The Nao door scene is definitely weird, and it isn't too far fetched to see why one would think they're all trapped in a simulation and Kumon-mi is just part of one big experiment. However, I still don't fully subscribe to this theory, for one key reason:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I think I'm not doing a good job of expressing what I'm thinking about them. But essentially Akira is to Maya, What Sekai was to Akira. In this context their relationship is really quite dark, if not the darkest in the game so far.

Edit: Specifically, him doing to her what Sekai did to him being a major factor enabling their relationship to progress to the point that loosing her would break him in the way loosing Sekai broke him is just super fucked up.
I don't agree with your interpretation, at least, as of update 0.40. What has been presented seems to suggest that the more correct parallel, if one is to be made, is Yumi being to Akira, what Akira was to Sekai. Pareidolia seems to believe so, and states it.

So Maya hasn't been broken and molded by Akira, she uses him as a crutch to deal with what's been done to her. Whatever that is. We just don't know "her Sekai", but it's definitely not Akira.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
The irony of this is not lost on me:
Noriko has to have some of the worst luck.
So the lesson here is second place gets cucked by Ami regardless of how many amazing things she did for Akira, while first place gets to ride the Akira train - and even if she does fucked up things all the time, that only upgrades her into a unique and valued tool at his disposal?

Never knew grades would be that important :ROFLMAO: (Poor Noriko just can't catch a break...)

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020

You know, if Sensei wasn't a predator, it might be actually pretty cute story about delinquent slowly becoming invested into her teacher. In a perfect world, he'd have adopted her and/or would help her reunite with her mother.

And I kinda like that we start talking about Yumi way more often after the headcanon of mine, lmao.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022

You know, if Sensei wasn't a predator, it might be actually pretty cute story about delinquent slowly becoming invested into her teacher. In a perfect world, he'd have adopted her and/or would help her reunite with her mother.

And I kinda like that we start talking about Yumi way more often after the headcanon of mine, lmao.
Perhaps it’s because she’s like one of the only characters that is making actual improvements in becoming a better person.

Maybe that’s also part of the draw for Sensei. Seeing that people who are broken can get better.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023

Last edited:

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Man, speaking of Futaba - I don't know if it was always like this and I never noticed, or it is something that only became so in current chapters, but my god she became so boring of a character to me.

It seemed like she had somewhat of an arc dealing with her body in the beginning and went to the gym and stuff, and then she just became, at most, a reason for more interesting stuff to happen (with nodoka mostly, but one scene with Imani too).

I guess it's understandable since we have to develop stuff with the second floor girls, but first floor has a lot happening still, idk...
Imo, she was always boring. So far she has always been a one topic character that never gets more then an inch deep.
First we had bullying that has ended. Then she started training, that looks abondoned/forgotten and now she is angry because of Nodokas book.

I mean sure, she is a sweet girl and all that, but she really doesnt give one much to work with. I mean even all the lewd stuff feels actually completely disconnected from her day to day personna. Just think of the
that felt so horrible disconnected to everything. And was never mentioned again, so even when i cant recall that it was i would guess this was just optional connent, and that doesnt mean anything.

And that is her whole problem, all her storylines dont really have much meaning to her. The bullying was more for the character development of yumi and nodoka. The body stuff was probably just to have a gym in the game world established -only that sel didnt do anything with that either- after that it was more about Imani and the whole book storyline is again more about Nodoka as about her.

I mean really, if you actually look at it she feels more like a side character in her own story lines.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
When i was rereading some old events, i was thinking about what could differentiate the people we interact with the shadow people, you know, those in the background, that may or may not even real people to begin with. And then i thought about it how much some of the characters actually share some traits with akira. Like, guilt, abandonment issues, loss of a important person, self loathing, not been able to let go, not been a good person and all that.

I have often stated that i did believe this whole timeloop thing did feel like it was there to punish maya. But what if this isnt really so much about her and akira, but about everyone with a face? I mean especially the loss part and/or been abandonet is something a lot of characters share in one way or the other.

Chika and Chinami, abandonet by father iirc and lost the mother.
Yumi, abandonet by mother, neglected by father.
Ayane, neglected by father, i dont remember anything about her mother right now, not even if she was ever mentioned, so i will just assume she is out of the picture as well.
Sara and Sana, father left, lost bother/son.
Makoto, Maki lost father/husband, i mean he was already so long out of the picture even before his death and neglected by her mother that she started to project her need for a father figure on to him for a while already.
Miku, lost parents.
Futaba, i am not sure if she actually did qualify for the loss/abandonment in any way. At least i cant recal anything in that regard. Feel free to correct if there is something i just dont remember.
Rin, abandonet by both parents and got adopted.
Ami, lost both parents.
Maya, i think we can assume she lost both parents or got abandonet by them? Never clearly stated what, but something is clearly going on.
Molly, i mean she did left her home, family and friends, so i guess that counts? Maybe her mother is dead? :unsure: At least i always just remember her talking about her father.
Tsuneyo, mother is dead i think, and her father is dying for a few million years by now, you know, how normal do these things.
Uta, she lost her grandfather, or at least i think that was uta. :unsure:
Io, i dont remember if we ever got told it, but she is living with her aunt, so something must have happened even when i dont remember what.
Nodoka, i have actually no idea. Dont remember if that was ever brought up. But the fact how hard on she is for becomming his daughter has to count for something.
Otoha, i actually have no idea. I mean her parents are still there. But maybe the whole bother thing with him is hinting at something.
Touka, neglected by father.
Yasu, was adopted and after that i guess we can assume those new parents did abandon her as well.
Noriko, Niki, they both got abandoned by Akira.
Kirin, Karin, this is a hard one, because i cant think of anything that would qualify them her.
Haruka, her husband is gone for a while now.
Kaori, isnt it stated that her parents died in the accident? Yeah, think it is and then everyone believed her to be dead as well.
Yuki, did abandon her daugther and i guess she herself didnt really had contact to her family for whatever reason.
Wakana, Osako, i dont know, i mean Wakana did cut ties with her rich family, but beyond that i cant think of anything.
Tsukasa, neglected by the whole family as the backup daughter.
Imani, was there not something about some dead siblings? At least i remember that been implied to be connected to her burns.
Rika, got kicked out by her spouse.
Nao, got clearly abdandoned by her eldritch family. Probably because she was just too creepy even for them.

Edit for some corrections, note of thanks go to LoveBlueHairedGirl.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Moonflare
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes