Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I still think it is remarkable how many characters are connected by the sharing experience in loss and abandonment. And i am sure i could make more list's with other stuff. I just decided to make this one first after i did notice that almost every single one of them have something like this.

Reactions: Moonflare

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Still playing catch up and I am a bit confused. Is this a lore mess up or did I misread something or a "Keep reading and find out" moment?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Then again, everyone could be lying to me at this point.
Yasu belongs to the church of NEW hope. It is assumed that HOPE died and they are now trying to bring him back. Can't go into more detail without spoilers as you seem to not be up to current build yet.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LoveBlueHairedGirl

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
I still think it is remarkable how many characters are connected by the sharing experience in loss and abandonment. And i am sure i could make more list's with other stuff. I just decided to make this one first after i did notice that almost every single one of them have something like this.
There is a core theme of the game, and of its precursor game (Nothing is Beautiful, which was never finished and will get a ground-up remake if Sel ever finishes LiL), that some people need to experience the absolute worst of the world in order to see the beauty in it. So every character has, or will have, some form of unresolved trauma as a core component of their arc. For most of them, it's clearly something in their past, but for others it seems to be happening within the story (Maki and Makoto come to mind)

Touka's the only main girl who's enjoyed a trauma-free life up to this point, which doesn't bode well for her.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
There is a core theme of the game, and of its precursor game (Nothing is Beautiful, which was never finished and will get a ground-up remake if Sel ever finishes LiL), that some people need to experience the absolute worst of the world in order to see the beauty in it. So every character has, or will have, some form of unresolved trauma as a core component of their arc. For most of them, it's clearly something in their past, but for others it seems to be happening within the story (Maki and Makoto come to mind)

Touka's the only main girl who's enjoyed a trauma-free life up to this point, which doesn't bode well for her.
Tsubasa seems to be a Selebus follower then cause she is basically engineering her daughter's worst of the world herself through Akira.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020

I dread what will happen to Touka but it's kind of necessary at this point for her story to progress - and for her to fall into Akira's web.

If anyone deserves a fucking break though, it's Noriko.

falco256

May 27, 2019

true, though honestly, characters that have traumatic pasts often make for very interesting ones, hell there's a light novel I read a few years ago, which is even more screwed up than this, and its utterly brutal, but the characters in it are so complex, messed up and traumatized that you can't not sympathize with them. And considering some of the things they do to get revenge is truly beyond wrong. But it's another Japanese book, and the revenge they get on the bad guy is kinda satisfying once you learn about everything the guy did. Honestly, it's a hard book to recommend, because it's just plain wrong and yet if you read it, you can't stop, because it's like a train wreck.

I think thats one of the things that draws me to this game, I like broken, complex and traumatized characters, because I like to see if they can put themselves and/or each other back together.

falco256

May 27, 2019
I suspect that within an update of sleeping with Akira, she's gonna walk in on him taking her mom to pound town while Tsukasa watches or something.

Only to find out she's pregnant.
I dunno, I think the most traumatic thing for Touka would be to be second best to Tsukasa, someone she and her mother seem to see as replaceable. Hell, the fact that Tsubasa was joking about calling to police on Akira when he said he didn't think it was safe to be around Tsukasa is more than questionable. Couple with how Tsukasa pretty much tells him he could do whatever he wanted and no one would care.

Touka would freak out if her sister got to tap that first.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Nodoka, when she stole Yumi's clothes and then tricked Akira into going there, catching the girl naked. then Nodoka blackmailed her to get revenge for Futaba, and then sucked Akira off whilst she was huddled and trying to cover herself up. Yumi's a bit of a dick at times, but that was all sorts of wrong.
Yumi is (was) a bully, and said and did some awful things — but Nodoka is a truly SHITTY person. I’d put her below Sensei on the levels-of-hell scale. I mean, Akira is tortured by regret for his own actions (the worst of which occur while he is conveniently out of control) and Yumi (like her mom) seems to be trying to change.

But Nodoko? A remorseless POS. What she did to Yumi in that scene was revenge — but way out of proportion. How she treated her supposed friend Futaba (not to mention the rest of the girls in her class) by broadcasting intimate experiences as entertainment was wildly inconsiderate, if not downright cruel. (That she outs and essentially blackmails Akira I’m less disgusted by… because he’s disgusting. As he’d tell you himself.) She pushes her roommate to have sex with Rin, even though Otoha really isn’t ready for that. (Rin wants it. Whether she’s ready is a whole other question.)

But what she did to Io?

Nope. That is one psychopathic, sick b$;$3$.

Though I thank her for providing us with that scene with Makoto, Molly, Noriko, Sana, Kirin, and Rin. That was some excellent fan service. :nods:

Last edited:

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Sorry, I don't get it. Maybe because I am sleepy right now.
There's a scene with Touka where Tsukasa pops up in her swimsuit while Touka is having a minor freakout from Akira's flirting/talking about her getting married. Tsukasa basically is like "Why wouldn't you marry him? I'll marry him!" and makes Touka even more conflicted lol

• Thinking Face
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes