TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Yumi is (was) a bully, and said and did some awful things — but Nodoka is a truly SHITTY person. I’d put her below Sensei on the levels-of-hell scale. I mean, Akira is tortured by regret for his own actions (the worst of which occur while he is conveniently out of control) and Yumi (like her mom) seems to be trying to change.

But Nodoko? A remorseless POS. What she did to Yumi in that scene was revenge — but way out of proportion. How she treated her supposed friend Futaba (not to mention the rest of the girls in her class) by broadcasting intimate experiences as entertainment was wildly inconsiderate, if not downright cruel. (That she outs and essentially blackmails Akira I’m less disgusted by… because he’s disgusting. As he’d tell you himself.) She pushes her roommate to have sex with Rin, even though Otoha really isn’t ready for that. (Rin wants it. Whether she’s ready is a whole other question.)

But what she did to Io?

Nope. That is one psychopathic, sick b$;$3$.

Though I thank her for providing us with that scene with Makoto, Molly, Noriko, Sana, Kirin, and Rin. That was some excellent fan service. :nods:
Dodging spoilers aside, well said. She is THE worst character in this game and it's not just cause everyone is flawed. Nodoka is vile and the fact that she somehow tries to excuse it as "it's what writers do - they find good stories and share them" only makes her more disgusting.

Like I already have a pretty gnarly uncomfy spot re: what I'm learning about Ami. But Nodoka is so far under the floor at this point and having to contend with Akira just casually going along with dicking her recently after what she did to Yumi + the revelation of who her new story is about, ugh.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Yumi is (was) a bully, and said and did some awful things — but Nodoka is a truly SHITTY person. I’d put her below Sensei on the levels-of-hell scale. I mean, Akira is tortured by regret for his own actions (the worst of which occur while he is conveniently out of control) and Yumi (like her mom) seems to be trying to change.

But Nodoko? A remorseless POS. What she did to Yumi in that scene was revenge — but way out of proportion. How she treated her supposed friend Futaba (not to mention the rest of the girls in her class) by broadcasting intimate experiences as entertainment was wildly inconsiderate, if not downright cruel. (That she outs and essentially blackmails Akira I’m less disgusted by… because he’s disgusting. As he’d tell you himself.) She pushes her roommate to have sex with Rin, even though Otoha really isn’t ready for that. (Rin wants it. Whether she’s ready is a whole other question.)

But what she did to Io?

Nope. That is one psychopathic, sick b$;$3$.

Though I thank her for providing us with that scene with Makoto, Molly, Noriko, Sana, Kirin, and Rin. That was some excellent fan service. :nods:
Only reason I haven't completely written Nodoka off

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

She seems and has stated to be doing things for a higher purpose. So I'm holding complete judgment until then. Obviously it doesn't make any of the things she did acceptable, but if it turns out she's right and she manages to break the world by doing it and freeing everyone, that would change a lot.

Dec 18, 2020
Btw, I still have trouble distinguishing Tsukioka mom and Tsukioka youngest daughter names. It always takes me a few seconds to remember which one is which when I see their names, Tsukasa and Tsubasa. Can you give me any tips on how to remember them better?

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Dodging spoilers aside, well said. She is THE worst character in this game and it's not just cause everyone is flawed. Nodoka is vile and the fact that she somehow tries to excuse it as "it's what writers do - they find good stories and share them" only makes her more disgusting.

Like I already have a pretty gnarly uncomfy spot re: what I'm learning about Ami. But Nodoka is so far under the floor at this point and having to contend with Akira just casually going along with dicking her recently after what she did to Yumi + the revelation of who her new story is about, ugh.
Absolutely. And… sorry about spoiler-y things. White heat and all.

I tried not to be too specific and all — but I’ll go back and fuzz out some of the particulars.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Btw, I still have trouble distinguishing Tsukioka mom and Tsukioka youngest daughter names. It always takes me a few seconds to remember which one is which when I see their names, Tsukasa and Tsubasa. Can you give me any tips on how to remember them better?
Not really? cause it's just one letter. I chose to remember Tsubasa, and then what remains is the daughter. Like the daughter's name is Tsubasa's name written wrong sort of logic.

TheSeedy1

Jan 2, 2020
Basa vs Kasa. Just take the B in basa for BOOBA which the mom has. *fingerguns*

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
The mom is Tsubased momma, the wizard is Tsucasta.

• Haha
Reactions: FireCazador

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
Only reason I haven't completely written Nodoka off

She seems and has stated to be doing things for a higher purpose. So I'm holding complete judgment until then. Obviously it doesn't make any of the things she did acceptable, but if it turns out she's right and she manages to break the world by doing it and freeing everyone, that would change a lot.
Sure. All the characters are doing their best, even when their best is actually not that great — that’s good writing.

But Nodoka’s “higher purpose” is no excuse for being needlessly cruel. At least with Yumi I can see what she’s reacting to. Kirin is just a walking ball of libido, and does some things that are beyond not okay — but she doesn’t do them just because she can. She does them because she desperately wants to get laid. Ami is batshit — and I think Sensei is only partially responsible. Io isn’t great with people (other than Uta and Sensei, for some reason). All the other characters do things that hurt others. But they do so while trying to achieve goals that we can understand. Sort of. (Love ya, Yasu!)

Nodoka, though? I get her dedication to her “art,” I really do, and the in-game logic of her trying to do… whatever the fuck it is she’s trying to do.

But as you say, it doesn’t make any of it acceptable.

If it turns out she’s a direct conduit to one of the “gods” like Yasu, Kaori, and Tsuneyo seem to be, I’ll at least feel as if there’s some excuse. But acceptable? Nope.

Reactions: micemerald

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Nodoka, though? I get her dedication to her “art,” I really do, and the in-game logic of her trying to do… whatever the fuck it is she’s trying to do.

But as you say, that’s no excuse.
I dont even see dedication. This is more like a form of OCD with complete disregard to everyone else. I mean seriously, this here was her reaction after futuba left.
That was when no one else there, so this is genuine. And this is not the reaction of a sane person that just did hurt the feelings of a supposed best friend.

Reactions: Antosha

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
All the other characters do things that hurt others. But they do so while trying to achieve goals that we can understand. Sort of. (Love ya, Yasu!)
Man, I feel for Yasu so much. Someone commented the other day about how they didn't like her, and I missed out on replying. But she's so close to some real life situations, where the person is a shell of themselves and throw themselves completely into a specific belief in order to survive - and specifically her last event (the doctor appointment ones) broke me.

4.20 star(s) 296 Votes