Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Just Maya's hidden feelings on the second week of school.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Translation: I've been feeling bad and ran here so that looking at your face could make me feel better.

Yes, but Maya sleeps in your bed, Akira.

Last edited:

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
My thoughts on Io and Nodoka after you know:

Io might be a little psycho:
But, she'd probably consider doing anything to Nodoka after what happened as "Nodoka winning", so it's doubtful anything will come from it, besides more medication.

Yumi tried to kill Nodoka, and Nodoka laughed about it:
So, it's not like hurting Nodoka accomplishes anything.

Nodoka also seemed to note that what she was about to do to Io was pointless unless something comes from it, right before doing it:
Simply attacking Nodoka would at the least be something she'd expect, like she did with Uta:

If I were to guess, Nodoka is probably trying to change Io like she changed Yumi. If so, she's likely already achieved her goal, since Io reacted and it's changed people's view on her, but we'll see.

Might lead to Io becoming friendlier like Yumi somewhat has, though. Or maybe getting involved in the resets as Yumi only did, after trying to talk to Sensei about what happened. Albeit, the timeskip stuff may have just been random and Yumi was "lucky".

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
There’s not a doubt in my mind that Nodoka is gonna be one of the most valuable future members of the Rooftop Apocalypse Squad.
I am actually afraid of what that will do to her, when i look at what it did to Makoto. I mean she does now believe nothing really matters. Now imagine a Nodoka who does really believe that nothing matters and she could do whatever the fuck she wants because the reset will just fix everything.

I could actually see her go full psychopath. People dont like what Kirin did to Ayane in the optional route? Just you wait what Nodoka will do when she does loose the last of her scruple.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fire Lord Zuko

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
This one adds to the theories about Yumi going to school only to see Akira, and her bullying relating directly to jealousy over Futaba and him.
But then why just go after Futaba when there are so many other girls that would deserve her jealusy much more?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
But then why just go after Futaba when there are so many other girls that would deserve her jealusy much more?
because she's the only one at that point in time that she sees as inferior. And she's being hostile to everyone basically.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
because she's the only one at that point in time that she sees as inferior. And she's being hostile to everyone basically.
So she does see a Sana that looks like she is at least three years younger then the other girls as superior to herself? Or the glasses wearing Makoto, that is also much closer to him when everything starts maybe with the exception of the love squad. I just dont see jealousy as the reason she acts hostile towards futaba so much more as towards everyone else.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
So she does see a Sana that looks like she is at least three years younger then the other girls as superior to herself? Or the glasses wearing Makoto, that is also much closer to him when everything starts maybe with the exception of the love squad. I just dont see jealousy as the reason she acts hostile towards futaba so much more as towards everyone else.
To clarify, I'm talking about the beginning of the game. And at that point, the only people close to Akira (other than Ami and friends) are Makoto (sort of), and Yumi (due to their many detentions). And yes, Yumi sees Makoto as someone that is smart and has an education. And she's also what sets her off and leads to "the town has two halves".

The first bullying scene is with Futaba, and it's about Futaba and Akira. Then the very first scene in detention Yumi is set off by the idea that Akira might even see Futaba as an interest. Like, she's seriously pissed.

ratmanirl

Nov 25, 2022
Sure. All the characters are doing their best, even when their best is actually not that great — that’s good writing.

But Nodoka’s “higher purpose” is no excuse for being needlessly cruel. At least with Yumi I can see what she’s reacting to. Kirin is just a walking ball of libido, and does some things that are beyond not okay — but she doesn’t do them just because she can. She does them because she desperately wants to get laid. Ami is batshit — and I think Sensei is only partially responsible. Io isn’t great with people (other than Uta and Sensei, for some reason). All the other characters do things that hurt others. But they do so while trying to achieve goals that we can understand. Sort of. (Love ya, Yasu!)

Nodoka, though? I get her dedication to her “art,” I really do, and the in-game logic of her trying to do… whatever the fuck it is she’s trying to do.

But as you say, it doesn’t make any of it acceptable.

If it turns out she’s a direct conduit to one of the “gods” like Yasu, Kaori, and Tsuneyo seem to be, I’ll at least feel as if there’s some excuse. But acceptable? Nope.
Well, she barely treats the characters as people but rather "characters" for her story. But I think the Nodokathon thing explains her perspective pretty well.

It's impossible for her to fully understand everything in the world, therefore she wants to delude herself into seeing a world where she can understand anything, and hopefully that world manifests itself into reality. Similar conceptually from the main gimmick in Chaos;Head, if you've played that.

Now, this is my speculation, but Sensei's story in a way affirms the way she sees the world. And her writing this story is her teaching others that this is how the world works, getting her closer towards the goal mentioned above.

Why she feels such a need to create this world, we're not really sure? Perhaps there's something she can't understand - she has her theory, and affirmation that indeed the world is this way will give her the answer? Or maybe she's just autistic. Who knows.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Eh... i would need a bit more context. What event is this from?
The one where she cuts off Kirin
I mean, I understand it has something to do with her learning it's a cycle, but is it really all that she meant?
Or am I just looking between the lines into void?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Same, more context please, preferably the event name.

EDIT1: Gonna take a look, but probably she's referring to Himawari or resets in general.

EDIT2: It's about the resets, pretty clear.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 296 Votes